Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union (45360 Views)

Same-sex Couples: Pope Was Misquoted By Enemies Of D Church - Archbishop Kaigama / Pope Approves Blessings For Same-sex Couples / Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by chipower: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
ZedicusZurZoran:
We need to understand the position of the Pope and the Catholic Church. the support for civil union must be clarified by Rome. Gay people are humans and must be protected by the law, but gay marriage is not accepted in the church.

The Pope was not even supporting the civil union of same sex marriage. At least from the answer he gave, I didn't see that at all. He was just saying that the society at large should not deny homosexuals the right to coexist peacefully with others. And that is true whether some people like it or not.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Yankee101: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jesus flogged people out of the temple, He didn't say create a space for them

All the sinners He drew to Himself changed

The catolich church has always been about their money, this is to draw in new members. Read the Bible for yourself and seek God's direct intepretation
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
This is a act of Wickedness ,Abomination and Disdan against GOD from the Pope!

Nobody under any name, title or Whatever has any right under the Earth to Endorse what GOD ALMIGHTY Abhors!!
It's an Invitation to Destruction!!!
It's an Invitation to Hell on Earth!!

The Pope has Failed to learn From Sodom and Gomorrah!
The Pope have Failed to learn from Hellifornia Formerly California !

Listen GOD WILL DESTROY HUMANITY AGAIN!!

I Admonish all and Sundry to Desist from following people who have Sold themselves as Instruments and tools to the devil!

I Repeat!! GOD WILL DESTROY HUMANS AGAIN!

Personally sort out yourself with GOD..

Things are about to get Messier!!

When we say the stage is being Prepared for the MOB system, One World Religion and One World Government!You guys think it is a Joke..

The actors are seriously Working behind the Scene..

The Present Man in Rome is a Major player .
I Personally Believe He is the False Prophet/ Fore runner of the antichrist..

The Rapture is the trigger Folks!!
The Saints are about to be taken away!!
Get Ready!!
Be Ready !!!
Live Ready!!!
For in Such a time that ye think not! The Trumpet will Blast ..

You spoke my mind and in a more deeper sense.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by isaacfreeman99(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
CELEBRATION OF EVIL THE NEW NORMAL
Calling a human infant a mere bunch of cells is celebrated
Killing and butchering a defenceless human is celebrated
Calling abnormal love is celebrated
Approving unnatural sex is celebrated
Saying there is a third gender is celebrated
Surgically reordering a given gender is celebrated
Gender confusion is celebrated
Teaching children to be the 'other' is celebrated
Flaunting hedonism in street parades is celebrated
Shutting down free speech as hate speech is celebrated
Calling evil good is celebrated
In fact, overturning GOOD is celebrated
There is Congratulationsand Celebration and Jubilation,
... when all evil is made normal.
Is there another planet to go to....?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by chipower: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
Yankee101:
This man has lost his way

The catholic church has been drifting away

This is the crux of the matter

Thank God for all those future thinkers who broke away

No one is saying hate same sex folks, but you can't endorse them

I don't hate Trump, but I definitely can't endorse him, for example

This is madness

Can you tell me exactly how the Pope endorsed homosexuality?

Are you trying to tell me that it's right to deny homosexuals their civil rights ( eg employment, promotion etc) because of their sexual orientation.? Is doing so not evil?

It's obvious that many people are trying so hard to put words into the mouth of the Pope.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
HuntSon:

I'm saying this because the only argument y'all seem to have against LGBTQ is religion! It's not about forcing anyone!

Secondly....u guys choose to ignore research and stick to religion...just like u ignore simple biological facts

Clinical psychologist and behavioral experts have released tons of research on human behavior and raising of children...with respect to same sex union

There are ideally only two kinds of human being on the planet ..male and female.....
Research has shown that it's best for children to have a balance of both genders in their development stages(age 0-6) ...The deficit of either gender usually present consequences on the many children

..that's why they have said it's not the best for children to raised right from scratch by single fathers, single mother, or same gender parents..

2) sex is nature's construct...and like other nature's construct that leads to something greater...sex produces another human being ....that's how humans all over the world have naturally assumed that male/female sex is the idealway to have sex....long before religion came...
it's only natural for people to feel negative or weird about another sexual act that's completely different from nature's construct ...and people have always felt weird about it before religion came...even before it became so common

My point is it's not just about religion as I claim....there are non religious people all over the world that don't agree with same sex....even in liberal america and uk
It's laws that's making people behave civil...I hope u know there was a time when the law jailed homosexuals in the uk..?? It was protest like end sars and the presence of gay people in power that twisted the arm of the law...
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
chipower:

Can you tell me exactly how the Pope endorsed homosexuality?

Are you trying to tell me that it's right to deny homosexuals their civil rights ( eg employment, promotion etc) because of their sexual orientation.? Is doing so not evil?

It's obvious that many people are trying so hard to put words into the mouth of the Pope.

How do u interprete right to civil union.....??

Must the pope say...man and man should be allowed to fvck each other??......civil union means marriage accepted by law...

.if that's not explanatory enough as supporting gay marriage then I don't know what is...
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by VicM6: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
pope ko pop ni......this one na satan in human flesh.... pope is evil
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by chipower: 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
1StopRudeness:

How do u interprete right to civil union.....??

Must the pope say...man and man should be allowed to fvck each other??......civil union means marriage accepted by law...

.if that's not explanatory enough as supporting gay marriage then I don't know what is...

Are you sure you read what the Pope said. It's obvious you didn't read it.
The Pope did not say anything about civil union.

The following took place during an interview:

When the director asks him if a homosexual can take his children to church, he replies:

“Homosexual people have the right to be in the family, they are children of God, they have the right to a family. No one can be thrown out of the family or made life miserable for that. What we have to do is a law of civil coexistence, they have the right to be legally covered. "

How did you get all these things you are saying from the above statement? It seems that you're trying so hard to put words into his mouth.

The teaching of the catholic church concerning same sex marriage is there on the internet for everyone to see.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by CSTRR: 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
Somebody asked Pastor Chris why are people born gay?

He said many people are born blind and dumb.
It doesn't makes It normal.

God that heals the dumb can do all things.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by 8stargeneral: 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
All I HV to say is that man no be God
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by KOE1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
What a Hell from the Pit of Hell?
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Socrates05(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
THIS IS A BIG FALLACY YOU CHILDREN OF HYPOCRITES
PROUDLY CATHOLIC
The Pope can't make a change on his own without the approval of the college of cardinals. The Catholic church is not a Pentecostal church that one person owns and make changes whenever he wills. Infact, no one can change the church's teaching on marriage: its one man, one woman.

The Pope only suggested that they should not be discriminated against as Christ didn't discriminate against any one. Did Christ condemn the woman caught in the act of adultery? God hates sin, but not the sinner, whom He welcomes back anytime he makes a u-turn like the prodigal son.

Matthew 1:1-7 is about the genealogical of Christ. Out of the five women mentioned there, one was a prostitute, two were adulteresses. Tamar slept with her father-in-law (Gen. 38), Rahab was the prostitute that helped the Israelite spies (Joshua 2), Bathsheba slept with King David who mudered her husband, Uria (2 Samuel 11). If Christ discriminates against sinners, He wouldn't have allow such people to be in his lineage.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by tranxo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jay5mie:
Nigerians and reading the story wrong
You that read rightly, please show us two things

1) Show us where he directly responded to the legal CIVIL UNION he proposed for homosexuals and what that really meant.

2) Show us the link to this screenshot you carefully cut to suit your deceptive purposes
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by webizone(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
ikorodureporta:
I de suspect this man

I have never laughed so hard. I am Catholic, and I know where to stop.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Interesting... well, hopefully, this will reduce hate crimes and the lot against people of different orientations.

Is this actually kobojunkie or did someone steal her moniker?
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by iramure(m): 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
This is where religious faith-fools should be becoming wiser or more aware that religion is man made and its laws either in bible, quran and other is subject to change with time. These whites gave us the bible with the content, they can equally alter it anytime they wish.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
The Church have gone ape
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
chipower:

Are you sure you read what the Pope said. It's obvious you didn't read it.
The Pope did not say anything about civil union.

The following took place during an interview:

When the director asks him if a homosexual can take his children to church, he replies:

“Homosexual people have the right to be in the family, they are children of God, they have the right to a family. No one can be thrown out of the family or made life miserable for that. What we have to do is a law of civil coexistence, they have the right to be legally covered. "

How did you get all these things you are saying from the above statement? It seems that you're trying so hard to put words into his mouth.

The teaching of the catholic church concerning same sex marriage is there on the internet for everyone to see.

That's the first paragraph on the front page of this thread....see:

"Pope Francis has declared support for civil unions for same-sex couples for the first time, according to the Catholic News Agency."

So I don't get why u are calling me desperate as if I cooked up the information on my own...
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
iramure:
This is where religious faith-fools should be becoming wiser or more aware that religion is man made and its laws either in bible, quran and other is subject to change with time. These whites gave us the bible with the content, they can equally alter it anytime they wish.
they will start insulting you for saying the truth, watch out

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Proway: 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
But Jesus Christ emphatically said that some people are children of the devil.

John 8:44 KJV
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Bible says evil communication corrupts good manners
1 Corinthians 15:33 KJV
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

The problem is the spiritual consequences of such associations which must eventually result to physical re-alignments. I don't think you will like your kids to be moving about with a known criminal in your locality.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship l hath righteousness with unrighteousness? m and what communion n hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? [16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing ; and I will receive you, [18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Please allow the word of God to guide you on how to relate to the homosexuals of this world.
Remain blessed.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Reptyle(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
“So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand..."
Matthew 24:15
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Ishilove: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
Wow. So we have a gay loving pope
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by chipower: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
1StopRudeness:

That's the first paragraph on the front page of this thread....see:

"Pope Francis has declared support for civil unions for same-sex couples for the first time, according to the Catholic News Agency."

So I don't get why u are calling me desperate as if I cooked up the information on my own...

You didn't cook up the story but obviously you didn't read the whole story. If you had read the whole story, you wouldn't have said things that the Pope did not say. You are not alone on this, many here didn't read the story at all.

Next time, try and read everything before commenting so as to enable you comprehend the story properly.

You can't reach a conclusion by only reading the first paragraph on the front page.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by JIMMY1393: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
jmoore:
Fortunately, Pope is not God.

The only marriage approved by God is a Union between man and woman.

Any other behavior outside this, is a rebellion against God's standard.

Before you try to disagree, pause and think.

No single human being on earth came from homosexual reproduction.

If you are going to accept other forms of sexual behaviours outside heterosexual. Then you have to embrace the rest like humans having sex with animals, paedophiles etc.

Abi oh...if they say man and man or woman and woman is okay then why can't they accept man and animal or old human and young human (phedophile) ...nonsense people
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Donjazzy12(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/europe/pope-gay-couples-civil-union-intl/index.html
I knew that this Pope was a plant, an aberration and an agent of darkness!
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Alexandro15: 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

So you want to act like there isn't a paedophilia pandemic of young boys going on amongst priests undecided

No I won't pretend. Young boys have actually been preyed on by priests. But this amounts to only about a little percentage of priests when compared with the total number of priests in the world. Unfortunately, the bad ones no matter the number, will always overshadow the good.
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
chipower:

You didn't cook up the story but obviously you didn't read the whole story. If you had read the whole story, you wouldn't have said things that the Pope did not say. You are not alone on this, many here didn't read the story at all.

Next time, try and read everything before commenting so as to enable you comprehend the story properly.

You can't reach a conclusion by only reading the first paragraph on the front page.

This is another paragraph in the text ...

“Francis has suggested in past interviews that he is not against civil unions, but this is the first time as Pope that he has directly come out in favor of them”

I didnt invent this one either
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
iramure:

It doesn’t matter what people say....the Catholic is not the custodian of the Bible...if they want to alter any context for their members or to favour any narrative.... it’s a free world...

Even the constitution is twisted to favour public office holders ...we know the truth...:and we still follow the constitution ...regardless of how any National Assembly decides to twist it..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by ODJ124(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
LordReed:

I support the right of every human to live in harmony with everyone else and with our world. Do gay people disturb the harmony? Absolutely not.

hmm... God forbid... God created Adam and eve not Adam and Steve...
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by LordReed(m): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
ODJ124:

hmm... God forbid... God created Adam and eve not Adam and Steve...

Who created Steve? LoLz
Re: Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union by linearity: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Na wao oh!

How times changes, I never ever knew a day will come when those who for centuries have defended the infallibility of the Pope, will do a complete 180 and question his infallibility.

My people, the Pope is either fallible or infallible, chose one; you can’t stack your arguments on both sides of the fence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) / SCOAN Names Evelyn Joshua As New Leader / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.