Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Urgent Answers Needed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urgent Answers Needed (4220 Views)

Hypothetical Scenario: Intelligent Answers Needed / Political Mathematics; Answers Needed / To: OnlyNONtruth, Ded1: Why Do Ibos Have A Death Wish? Thanatos? Answers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 5:30am On Mar 10, 2011
U de vex?:

Itsekiri's do not call themselves Yoruba, its only a few ill-informed, expansionist Yoruba's that do so (in fact, to that type, everybody in Delta state is Yoruba). lol
i think you are either daft, dumb or naive. Let me enlighten you. The Supreme Traditional Ruler of Itshekri is a bonafide member of AFEFENIFERE which the last time i checked though is a YORUBA sociocultural organization. Now tell me how they are not YORUBAS? By the way the title is Olu of Warri do you know the meaning of OLU?
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Udevex: 5:42am On Mar 10, 2011
seanet02:

i think you are either daft, dumb or naive. Let me enlighten you. The Supreme Traditional Ruler of Itshekri is a bonafide member of AFEFENIFERE which the last time i checked though is a YORUBA sociocultural organization. Now tell me how they are not YORUBAS? By the way the title is Olu of Warri do you know the meaning of OLU?

Poor you! You can claim as hard as you can, but it won't change a thing. lol
It would be the same as a Bini man claiming Urhobo people are Edo, because the languages are related. Urhobo is Edoid, but not Edo, just as Itsekiri is Yoruboid, but not Yoruba.

Do you even know that I am part Itsekiri? I am laughing my head off! grin grin grin
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2011
U de vex?:

Poor you! You can claim as hard as you can, but it won't change a thing. lol
It would be the same as a Bini man claiming Urhobo people are Edo, because the languages are related. Urhobo is Edoid, but not Edo, just as Itsekiri is Yoruboid, but not Yoruba.

Do you even know that I am part Itsekiri? I am laughing my head off! grin grin grin
I don't even want to know because ibos are too cunning to trust. You are a liar.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2011
Seanet thinks every itshekiri person is like ill-informed Jason. No offense.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Is he a black person or a white Portuguese who colonized itsekiris?

Black father, Portuguese mother.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
seanet02:

i think you are either daft, dumb or naive. Let me enlighten you. The Supreme Traditional Ruler of Itshekri is a bonafide member of AFEFENIFERE which the last time i checked though is a YORUBA sociocultural organization. Now tell me how they are not YORUBAS?  By the way the title is Olu of Warri do you know the meaning of OLU?

For the record, Olu is an Edo word for a king/lord/ruler. The first Olu of the Itsekiri Warri kingdom was a Benin prince. Also, Edos previously used to call the Ooni of Ife (Ife was called Uhe by Edos) the Oluhe.

The Olu in the title of the king of Warri does not mean "god".
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
U de vex?:

Basically.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Kilode1: 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

For the record, Olu is an Edo word for a king/lord/ruler. The first Olu of the Itsekiri Warri kingdom was a Benin prince. Also, Edos previously used to call the Ooni of Ife (Ife was called Uhe by Edos) the Oluhe.

The Olu in the title of the king of Warri does not mean "god".

Bini boy, It is also a Yoruba word for King/Lord/Ruler. tongue

BTW, When are y'all Binis going to start a cumpolsory annual pilgrimage to Ife? Oduduwa-Ekaladerhan will be proud you now. wink

IMO, Subjects should always respect the wishes of their lord and princes, Ekaladerhan chose Ife. It is time Ile-Ibinu people stopped getting angry and give Yorubas the respect they deserve angry

I will demand an Idobale from the next Biniman I meet. . .
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2011
Kilode?!:

Bini boy, It is also a Yoruba word for King/Lord/Ruler. tongue

BTW, When are y'all Binis going to start a cumpolsory annual pilgrimage to Ife?  Oduduwa-Ekaladerhan will be proud you now.  wink

IMO, Subjects should always respect the wishes of their lord and princes, Ekaladerhan chose Ife. It is time Ile-Ibinu people stopped getting angry and give Yorubas the respect they deserve angry

I will demand an Idobale from the next Biniman I meet. . .

@ the bolded, I was pointing out that it was an Edo word, so he couldn't make that argument that the Olu title indicated the Itsekiri king's Yorubaness.

As for Ife, you do know that the site in Ife that the Ooni of Ife is claiming Benin kings were buried in is the oldest single archaeological site in Ife?

So the sacred place "Orun Oba Ado" if it is indeed the "heaven of the Benin kings" is the oldest spot/sacred spot in Ife. grin grin

Why bother with the pilgrimage after that?
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Kilode1: 12:30am On Mar 11, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

@ the bolded, I was pointing out that it was an Edo word, so he couldn't make that argument that the Olu title indicated the Itsekiri king's Yorubaness.

As for Ife, you do know that the site in Ife that the Ooni of Ife is claiming Benin kings were buried in is the oldest single archaeological site in Ife?

So the sacred place "Orun Oba Ado" if it is indeed the "heaven of the Benin kings" is the oldest spot/sacred spot in Ife. grin grin
Why bother with the pilgrimage after that?

That is exactly why y'all should put on your Iwu? and Odibokofo?  and dance happily barefooted to Ile-Ife every year to pay Homage to us.  grin

And while on your way to your spiritual home @Ile-Ife, pay homage to every Son of Oduduwa you meet on the way, because they are the true royals, the real blueblooded royals, not your angry subject-selves.

Imagine the effrontery and arrogance, It's like Muslims refusing to respect Mecca.  angry

You must honour Ekaladerhan by respecting his spiritual home and resting place.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:58am On Mar 11, 2011
^^^

lol, dance barefoot? grin

But by that same reasoning, respects should be paid to where Ekaladerhan originated from.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 11, 2011
^^who is ekaladerhan?
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2011
A banished prince at a port city near Benin who defeated the soldiers sent to bring him back to Benin.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Kilode1: 2:14am On Mar 11, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

^^^

lol, dance barefoot?

But by that same reasoning, respects should be paid to where Ekaladerhan originated from.

We will work on it.

You know we are proud. it's that Royal blood thing cool
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Udevex: 3:19am On Mar 11, 2011
Abeg, Yoruba expansionists should stop insulting others and making bogus claims. I wonder where the strength to make those claims is coming from? Is it not simply because of population? In that case, why shouldn't the US follow the same ridiculous logic and claim that Britain is American territory?

Even the cheapest anthropological studies say that Itsekiri is older than Yoruba. However, since Yoruba shares the same root as Itsekiri, would the Yoruba expansionists not be sound more sensible and logical if they claim to be Itsekiri instead?
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 6:35am On Mar 11, 2011
U de vex?:

Abeg, Yoruba expansionists should stop insulting others and making bogus claims. I wonder where the strength to make those claims is coming from? Is it not simply because of population? In that case, why shouldn't the US follow the same ridiculous logic and claim that Britain is American territory?

Even the cheapest anthropological studies say that Itsekiri is older than Yoruba. However, since Yoruba shares the same root as Itsekiri, would the Yoruba expansionists not be sound more sensible and logical if they claim to be Itsekiri instead?
Stop being dumb. Which anthropological garbage are you talking about? The people in question have openly claimed that they are YORUBAS so what is your headache? What should be your concern now is how to counter the claims that ibos are descendants of an edo slave.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Areosapien(f): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2011
At the end of the day sha, this Seanet guy is a real dullard.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Areosapien(f): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2011
At what even makes his sorry case a lot worse is that this guy is totally and completely devoid of intelligence. Not a single shred of intellectual capacity, and his very post right above me is a fine example of how dumb this guy truly is. Poor writing, atrocious grammar, zero argumentative skills.
The Nigerian education system has sure got a long way to go smiley
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Udevex: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2011
seanet02:

Stop being dumb. Which anthropological garbage are you talking about? The people in question have openly claimed that they are YORUBAS so what is your headache? What should be your concern now is how to counter the claims that ibos are descendants of an edo slave.

Any Itsekiri man that claims to be Yoruba is quite foolish. Where on Earth does a father bow down to his son?
You can talk about anthropological gargage, but the history of the people bears it out, while yours is just some made up stuff.

Simply put, Itsekiri people migrated mainly out of Igala land and their language bears a much stronger resemblance to Igala than Yoruba. lol!
It sounds more like Igala as well, but is much more melodious to the ear (beats Yoruba hands down in that regard)!

Igala people claim that Yoruba people are also descended from them. . . And by the way, Igala people are descended from Western Igbo's. lol!!!!!
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by PhysicsMHD(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2011
How on earth are Yoruba descended from Itsekiri?
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
Areosapien:

At the end of the day sha, this Seanet guy is a real dullard.
Who is this Dumbo?
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
Areosapien:

At what even makes his sorry case a lot worse is that this guy is totally and completely devoid of intelligence. Not a single shred of intellectual capacity, and his very post right above me is a fine example of how dumb this guy truly is. Poor writing, atrocious grammar, zero argumentative skills.
The Nigerian education system has sure got a long way to go smiley
What a show of stupidit.y!! What are we discussing and what are you talking about?
Do you want to engage me in an English Debate?
People like me don't mind ediots like you being smashed down the gutter. cretins like you are the one holding us down. Have followed your retardo posts and have not seen a single trait of Intelligence in there. All you know is hurling insults at people.
M0ron
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Me sef i wonder o!!
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by Areosapien(f): 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2011
Clap, clap, clap for yourself, Seanet. You have finally succeeded in exhausting the last remaining word in your wretched vocabulary in this post of yours. Now, tell me: How does it feel? Mommy and Daddy must be proud of their cretinous toad of a son, no? Well, it's only unfortunate for you today, because if you even wan engage me for battle of words, I go show you say I better pass you and your entire ancestral clan of worthless nonentities.

seanet02:

What a show of stupidit.y!! What are we discussing and what are you talking about?
As clear as day, your sense of comprehension is on a shockingly mediocre level. Hellooo dumbo? All you gotta do is exercise your rotting brain, or better still, get a friend or family member to help you read the post again, since your extremely limited education makes it real impossible for you to. Next.

Do you want to engage me in an English Debate?
Little boy, did you just say debate? Wow. Not only are you a sad pile of pig extrement; you also are delusional? My dear, flatter yourself no more, because you have NEVER had a debate. Instead, from looking at your previous comments, what I see are disjointed and illogical chatter from a village !diot with an IQ in four decimal places. I guess Lagerwhenindoubt was right when he said 80 percent of NLers were illiterates. And posts just go confirm you truly do occupy top spot in that kingdom of vicious boneheads. So, please, do not flatter yourself, my child - you've never had a debate in your life. grin

People like me don't mind ediots like you being smashed down the gutter. cretins like you are the one holding us down.
Congratulations, you village !diot - you've succeeded in showing us just how pointless it would be to engage a dunce like you in an 'English Debate' since you have an abysmal command of this 'english' yourself. I'm loving this grin

Have followed your retardo posts and have not seen a single trait of Intelligence in there. All you know is hurling insults at people.
M0ron

Really? Unfortunately, I haven't bothered following your posts, because you're a nonentity to me. And forever, shall you be.

Ngwa, come and talk.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by AljUche: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

good question and i would like to know "u dey vex" answer grin grin grin grin

i thought it was bini yoruba thing and itsekiri came for eithe bini or ijebu yorubas since there language are similar wink

physics, i am right or wrong brother, you know i do not know much about history smiley
Re: Urgent Answers Needed by seanet02: 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
Areosapien:

Clap, clap, clap for yourself, Seanet. You have finally succeeded in exhausting the last remaining word in your wretched vocabulary in this post of yours. Now, tell me: How does it feel? Mommy and Daddy must be proud of their cretinous toad of a son, no? Well, it's only unfortunate for you today, because if you even wan engage me for battle of words, I go show you say I better pass you and your entire ancestral clan of worthless nonentities.
As clear as day, your sense of comprehension is on a shockingly mediocre level. Hellooo dumbo? All you gotta do is exercise your rotting brain, or better still, get a friend or family member to help you read the post again, since your extremely limited education makes it real impossible for you to. Next.
Little boy, did you just say debate? Wow. Not only are you a sad pile of pig extrement; you also are delusional? My dear, flatter yourself no more, because you have NEVER had a debate. Instead, from looking at your previous comments, what I see are disjointed and illogical chatter from a village !diot with an IQ in four decimal places. I guess Lagerwhenindoubt was right when he said 80 percent of NLers were illiterates. And posts just go confirm you truly do occupy top spot in that kingdom of vicious boneheads. So, please, do not flatter yourself, my child - you've never had a debate in your life. grin
Congratulations, you village !diot - you've succeeded in showing us just how pointless it would be to engage a dunce like you in an 'English Debate' since you have an abysmal command of this 'english' yourself. I'm loving this grin

Really? Unfortunately, I haven't bothered following your posts, because you're a nonentity to me. And forever, shall you be.

Ngwa, come and talk.
What the hell is ya problem, you gotta be so stupi.d now tell me the single contribution you have made to this thread that was positive? I know you beaf.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Reasons Haters Hate President Jonathan / 36 State Govt. Debt Debate - Reloded / Pic Of Fake Abubakar Shekau When He Was Captured Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.