Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Do Parents Really Know Best? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Parents Really Know Best? (2462 Views)

Why Do Parents Borrow Money From Their Children? / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Parents Really Know Best? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2007
I have heard "I am your mother/father so I know what is the best for you" countless times. Do you really agree with it? Please share your views!
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by cuteass1(f): 1:29am On Jun 26, 2007
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But the truth though is that unless you got greedy, selfish parents, they want nothing but the best for you because they love you.

But though God gave them charge over you to take care of you, they're not perfect. Atimes they could be wrong too, it is true that they maybe look more deeply than we usually do, but that does not make them fortune-tellers. sad
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 26, 2007
cute-ass:

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But the truth though is that unless you got greedy, selfish parents, they want nothing but the best for you because they love you.

But though God gave them charge over you to take care of you, they're not perfect. Atimes they could be wrong too, it is true that they maybe look more deeply than we usually do, but that does not make them fortune-tellers. sad

This is more likely to be true!
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:40am On Jun 26, 2007
@topic'
yea they do a bit because they got more experience than the children, but this does not mean they are perfect, because no one's perfect we all make mistakes.
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by mamaput(f): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2007
Maybe they know what is best for the kids but most of the time they waht what is best for themselves
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by MP007(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2007
they are the greatest asset of ur life , dont let this "i dont need them" american crap get into thee,
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by mamaput(f): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2007
The greatest asset but at the same time the biggest burden
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by iice(f): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2007
mamaput:

The greatest asset but at the same time the biggest burden

True!
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by Bolarge(m): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
@Topic
  90% of the time they do. What's the point learning from personal experience when I can just hearken to sound counsel and be safe especially considering the fact that some mistakes have life-long consequences and are irrevocable. 90% of the pain and misery many of us go through are outrightly unnecessary and avoidable. . but hey! what do old school Papa/Mama know?. . .
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by dominobaby(f): 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2007
Just as cute-ass summarised!! A lot of hurts can be avoided if people hearken to the voice of their parents but that doesn't mean they are almighty, all-knowing. They've got more insight and experience.
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by niceuzor: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2007
That's my girl posting cheesy

Well i will say :

- Parents know the best because what they see sitting down you standing u can see it

i guess u know what that means, cool
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by dominobaby(f): 7:13am On Jun 27, 2007
@niceuzor, just asking, who's your girl? And erm, . . . . Yeah, i know that statement means but you didn't state it well, check
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by dominobaby(f): 7:14am On Jun 27, 2007
@niceuzor, just asking, who's your girl? And erm, . . . . Yeah, i know that statement means but you didn't state it well, check
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by Seun(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2007
Why would parents always know best? Are they Gods or superhuman beings? Parents are just grown-up kids!
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by Bolarge(m): 11:25am On Jun 27, 2007
Seun:

Why would parents always know best? Are they Gods or superhuman beings? Parents are just grown-up kids!
So I take it you don't know any better now than you did 15yrs ago.
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by ghengis(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2007
cute-ass:

Word!!! Guess not only the ass is cute for cute-ass,
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by chiogo(f): 1:20am On Jun 28, 2007
I don't think they know best. They are just more mature and experienced. Nobody is perfect, therefore they do make mistakes too smtimes but it is their role to guide their kids. But smtimes, pple u call kids are just as smart and experienced these days. so, i won't say they know best. It's just their given duty to guide and lead their kids.
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by omogenaija(f): 1:21am On Jun 28, 2007
they dont know best, they just think that they do angry angry
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by niceuzor: 1:39am On Jun 28, 2007
Omoge for long oh where have u been? wink

@dominobaby

guy which one come concern you na,

na my person person dey yarn oh.
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by omogenaija(f): 1:51am On Jun 28, 2007
i've been here , where have u been ?
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by niceuzor: 2:00am On Jun 28, 2007
Dear have been in Romance Section catching fun with Some NL peeps

What about you? cool
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by omogenaija(f): 2:01am On Jun 28, 2007
i've been everywhere
Re: Do Parents Really Know Best? by niceuzor: 2:08am On Jun 28, 2007
Uhmmm you don turn Glo Nigeria grin

Glo with pride everywhere my dear.

(1) (Reply)

For Nyben / Children And Divorce / Bachelorette Party Ends With Bride Getting Pregnant With Dwarf Stripper’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.