Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

419 Oyedepo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 419 Oyedepo (3706 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 419 Oyedepo by ogoamaka99(m): 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2011
@poster
I laugh at you because your high level poverty mentality is your major problem coupled with your high level spiritual ignorance. "Because they do not know, nor do they understand;they walk about in darkness" Psalms 82 vs. 5.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by ugo2u(m): 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ok, before we start chuggin accusations we should first of all try not to misinterprete. now lets look at it closely.you said He mentioned for prosperity that prayer and fasting doesnt work, but giving and tithing. ok lets examine it

Abraham tithed: he was the richest in his time
Abraham gave his son: he became the father of all nations

Solomon lavishly gave burnt offering to God (mass sacrifice of animals) and as a result he is the richest man of his time

Before Jesus can feed the five thousand a boy had to give what he had (five loaves and 2 fish)

The widow lady gave her last to the prophet and her storage was filled to the brim and never lacked during the famine.

anyone that made it rich and in favor with God gave something. its called sowing and reaping

The first principle in the bible is the principle of seed time and harvest, now giving activates recieving, the reason to tithe in my opinion is for increase and also protection from the devourer (personally I have regretted everytime I ate my tithe)

you can pray, you can fast its all good, but if you want to prosper you need to give.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2011
EarsWide:

Bishop Charlatan in one of the videos I saw was saying people should not borrow money - and he was going on and on.

Fair enough, but why are his churches in London and New York collecting donations with credit cards ?

If he really believed in the crap he was spewing he would make sure people did not use credit for donations. Abi ?

Don't quote out of context. Jesus borrowed donkey grin. But the for the credit card issue, people hare not taxed for donations, so if they give cash, it is not recorded as donations. But with the credit card, they won't be taxed . I hope I didn't get it mixed up.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by kufreabasi(m): 11:27am On Mar 12, 2011
@POSTER,
Is that the reason you tagged this man ''419''?
You ARE THE MOST POPULAR 419 I've ever seen and heard.
Is giving in your own context narrowed down to money in life?
How much can you even give someboby?
You'll die a perfect begger if you don't confess and beg for forgiveness.
If i had not heard of and seen this man preached about giving and even reading from the bible, i would say it is a lie.
My people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by richjohn1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2011
I don't pity the morons who go to this churches! without delusions its impossible to please him
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Joagabje

You last post did not make sense - what were you trying to say ?
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
people are taxed from their salaries and puchases. but they are not taxed for donations in churches so the cards help reflct money they give in churches as donations so they wont be taxed for it
Re: 419 Oyedepo by e36991: 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

Don't quote out of context. Jesus borrowed donkey grin.

But the for the credit card issue, people hare not taxed for donations, so if they give cash, it is not recorded as donations.

But with the credit card, they won't be taxed .  I hope I didn't get it mixed up.

@Joagbaje

I am not trying to be pedantic here but do you really think Jesus seriously borrowed the donkey?

FYI Luke 19:28-35 KJV puts in plain words who owned the donkey; originally.

[28]And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.

[29]And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,

[30]Saying, Go ye into the village over against you;

in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied
, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.

[31]And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him?

thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him

[32]And they that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.

[33]And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt?

[34]And they said, The Lord hath need of him.

[35]And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by debosky(m): 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2011
Joagbaje:

people are taxed from their salaries and puchases. but they are not taxed for donations in churches so the cards help reflct money they give in churches as donations so they wont be taxed for it

No one taxes you if you make a donation in church, regardless of whether you give by card or by cash. The taxman does NOT CARE whether you gave by cash or by card, it is completely irrelevant. There is no benefit from collecting by credit card, in most cases the credit cards will even charge a fee for collecting offerings of credit cards, resulting in less money going to the church while collecting from debit cards, you will usually not be charged and total amount goes to the church.

I personally feel it is highly irresponsible to collect offerings from credit cards, especially when most people are struggling to make their payments and incurring huge interest charges.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Joagbaje

You are not taxed in church however you give - and like Debosky says the church actually gets less money from credit cards due to the credit card fees. Credit card borrowing attracts a high level of interest - it is an EXPENSIVE form of borriwing

So why does Oyedepo (who is against borrowing remember) ask for credit card donations ? He is nothing but a fraud and a hyprocrite like the rest of his charlatans!
Re: 419 Oyedepo by mabell: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2011
Bishop Oyedepo is a known giver he is not living off the money of the church. I’m aware that several years ago after so much sufferings, he learnt the secret of sowing seeds. He once carried some money and took it to Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa, Idahosa told him to pour the money on the ground and begin to walk on it which he did, then Idahosa went ahead to prophesy that Bishop Oyedepo will not lack money and that all the days of his life will walk on money and money will be his slave

The covenant university that we have today was as a result of his birthday celebration. He said rather than have money spent on his birthday celebration, it should be invested in education and he made sure that he sponsors at least one person from each state to school

In one of the teachings, he mentioned that he stopped collecting his allowance years ago. He said that for each service he attends, he gives an offering of 1million naira so if he attends 3 services in a day, he gives 3 million naira.

Finally,all these he said not just because he wanted to blow his trumpet but because he wanted to kill the notion that he was eating church funds. He openly declared that he does not feed on church finance, i gathered that he also said for any money to be spent from the church account that it had to go through a lot of processes and signatures and he just does the final signing
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 5:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Mabell

You said:

I’m aware that several years ago after so much sufferings, he learnt the secret of sowing seeds. He once carried some money and took it to Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa, Idahosa told him to pour the money on the ground and begin on it which he did, then Idahosa went ahead to prophesy that Bishop Oyedepo will not lack money and that all the days of his life will walk on money and water will be his slave
In one of the teachings, he mentioned that he stopped collecting his allowance years ago. He said that for each service he attends, he gives an offering of 1million naira so if he attends 3 services in a day, he gives 3 million naira.

You are kidding right ??
Re: 419 Oyedepo by e36991: 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2011
mabell:

Bishop Oyedepo is a known giver he is not living off the money of the church.

I’m aware that several years ago after so much sufferings, he learnt the secret of sowing seeds.

He once carried some money and took it to Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa, Idahosa told him to pour the money on the ground and begin on it which he did,

then Idahosa went ahead to prophesy that Bishop Oyedepo will not lack money and that all the days of his life will walk on money and water will be his slave

The covenant university that we have today was as a result of his birthday celebration.

He said rather than have money spent on his birthday celebration, it should be invested in education and he made sure that he sponsors at least one person from each state to school

In one of the teachings, he mentioned that he stopped collecting his allowance years ago.

He said that for each service he attends, he gives an offering of 1million naira so if he attends 3 services in a day, he gives 3 million naira.

Finally, all these he said not just because he wanted to blow his trumpet but because he wanted to kill the notion that he was eating church funds.

He openly declared that he does not feed on church finance, i gathered that he also said for any money to be spent from the church account that it had to go through a lot of processes and signatures and he just does the final signing

@mabell

" . . . sponsors at least one person"? Does he now?

Anything less than one, is zero isnt? So by deduction just one person from each of the states huh?

Also ". . . gives an offering of 1million naira so if he attends 3 services in a day, he gives 3 million naira"?

He doesnt. Must be pounding his chest then, feeling all delighted.

3 milla smackers! What!! The boy done good grin

What a sacrificial giving from a vulnerable individual. Bet he deserves a national award or a medal

What does Mark 12:41-44 reveals about his and/or such giving then, eh?

Please recognise that a mite is a Roman coin that was worth the least

Mark 12:41-44 KJV:

[41]And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

[42]And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

[43]And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them,

Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

[44]For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

All this whitewashing is repugnant . . .

". . . He openly declared that he does not feed on church finance . . ." Yeah, true, not anymore.

Except out of greed, he really now, doesnt have to feed on church finance.

By the way, if not, off a springboard and from the helping hand of the church, how did he kick start and acquire his wealth then?

PS: Walk on money? Money is a slave? shocked shocked shocked

I wonder who Bill Gates, Warren Buffett or local bred Aliko Dangote went to for prophesy  grin

Simply,  just as the law of gravity, is no respecter of persons

Money respects no one and responds to all that activate "The principles of Jesus"

Like any other tool, money is a help meet . . . ironically sometimes money fails

Wait until money sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle, then you'll know money is no one's slave
Re: 419 Oyedepo by mabell: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Earside,
not im not kidding, he was even given an oil rig outside the country as a birthday gift

@e36991,
money is a slave, he controls it
money is not just an help meet

Ec 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. {maketh, : Heb. maketh glad the life}
(KJV)
Re: 419 Oyedepo by KunleOshob(m): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2011
@mabell
You mean that you don't know that Oledepo is a chronic, pathologic and 419 liar just like his equally notorious partner in crime Oyaks. He is also an ardent manipulator of scripture for personal gain even though his theology is very shallow and daft.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by e36991: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2011
mabell:

@Earside,
not im not kidding, he was even given an oil rig outside the country as a birthday gift

@e36991,
money is a slave, he controls it
money is not just an help meet

Ec 10:19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. {maketh, : Heb. maketh glad the life}(KJV)

@mabell

You made guffaw in pidgin  grin grin grin

Ah. "O ma se ooo" - means literally What a pity

The meek shall surely inherit the earth  wink

". . . he was even given an oil rig outside the country as a birthday gift"? Comedy SMH

". . . money answereth all things"? Really?

When its used up, I wonder how it'll answers all things

Gen 47:15 KJV:

And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread:

for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.

For your information some school of thought believe its all a glorified ponzi scheme with dividendum benefiting those at the top of the pyramid
Re: 419 Oyedepo by kvolander: 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2011
mabell:

Bishop Oyedepo is a known giver he is not living off the money of the church. I’m aware that several years ago after so much sufferings, he learnt the secret of sowing seeds. He once carried some money and took it to Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa, Idahosa told him to pour the money on the ground and begin to walk on it which he did, then Idahosa went ahead to prophesy that Bishop Oyedepo will not lack money and that all the days of his life will walk on money and money will be his slave

I heard this story when I was in UNIBEN some years ago. It's true. BTW, I'm not a winners chapel member.

I will strongly advise those of you judging others to stop it right now. When you judge people, you are taking the position of the ALMIGHTY GOD and you can be sure that you're incuring God's wrath because He's a jealous God.

BE WARNED.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by e36991: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2011
kvolander:

I heard this story when I was in UNIBEN some years ago. It's true. BTW, I'm not a winners chapel member.

I will strongly advise those of you judging others to stop it right now.

When you judge people, you are taking the position of the ALMIGHTY GOD and you can be sure that you're incuring God's wrath because He's a jealous God.

BE WARNED.

@kvolander

Who hasnt heard that yarn before, huh?

Its in the public domain for scrutiny how Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Richard Branson or local bred Aliko Dangote got their wealth

How did he get his?

"A slave is not greater than  his master . . ."

And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air [have] nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay [his] head

- Luke 9:58 KJV
Re: 419 Oyedepo by manmustwac(m): 8:16pm On Mar 13, 2011
All pastors are thieves who give very little or nothing back to their deluded poor congregation who are all blind to reality
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
The story according to Mabel is

The secret of sowing seeds ?? Sowing it to who ? If these charlatans preach help the poor, adopt an orphan, build free hospitals - I will understand. But they always want the tithe to come to their churches, why ?

Read this:

The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Re: 419 Oyedepo by richjohn1(m): 6:43am On Mar 15, 2011
It might take a thousand years to re-orientate and change d madness and deceptions infused into pple's brain by these con preachers I always shiver in cold disbelief when I see pple defend dem!
Some folks don't need to be pitied
Re: 419 Oyedepo by kufreabasi(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2011
rich_john:

It might take a thousand years to re-orientate and change d madness and deceptions infused into pple's brain by these con preachers I always shiver in cold disbelief when I see pple defend dem!
Some folks don't need to be pitied

what you don't know, you won't know forever. Pray the Lord to open your spiritual eyes. Do you know God can do that?

manmustwac:

All pastors are thieves who give very little or nothing back to their deluded poor congregation who are all blind to reality

Including you. Touch ye not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by ogoamaka99(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2011
When you see people depraved in mind, you will see people who cannot reason well yet they feel that they are right in their mind while on lookers will be pitying them.Something happened few days ago, we were watching a live telecast of football match and when there was a goal people shouted goal. Beside that place we were watching was a mad man, stark naked. When people shouted, the mad man smiled and then screamed at the top of his voice " you people are mad". Do you get the picture? The mad man feel that he is right while the crowd are mad. In the same way people depraved in mind and destitute of truth are accusing others of 419.While as If you know them and x-ray their lives you will surely see that they are the known 419.
It is high time the owner of this forum modify the membership to make it mandatory for every eligible members to upload his or her picture before one is accepted as member. This will surely help to sanitize the forum from all comers affairs.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2011
Calling a Man of God no matter what a "419" is really Bad! I don't subscribe to that and no christian will do that! If what He teaches doesn't doesn't line up with your belief, y don't you walk away instead of judging the Man Of God! Judgement looms!
Re: 419 Oyedepo by UyiIredia(m): 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2011
Mr Ears Wide >>> you need to visit your nearest Otolaryngologists
Re: 419 Oyedepo by ogoamaka99(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2011
@poster,

What do you do to earn a living? I asked the question because your post sounds like you are 419 of the highest order!
Re: 419 Oyedepo by KunleOshob(m): 9:18am On Mar 19, 2011
419 is simply an acronym for "obtaining by false pretense" nowwhere is obtaining money by false pretense more common than in our prospertiy "gospel" churches. We are all witness to how they make promises on behalf of "god" that their mamon god would bless you financially several folds if you give your money to them. Of course we can all testify that this promise Rarely ever comes true except in some extremely few coincidences[which is then overhyped in the name of 'testimonies' to market their racket and deceive people into believing their pozi scheme actually works] . This is a classical case of obtaining by false pretence aka 419 cause the scriptures and the name of god are manipulated and falsely invoked to get people to part with their money under the delusion. Now Oyedepo is a notorious practioner of this fake gospel so i believe it is perfectly in order to label him 419
Re: 419 Oyedepo by mabell: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2011
@Earside & Kulneoshob,
helping the poor and orphanage is no big deal
Over and over people have talked about what some churches do to the needy in the society
I for one have given instances to that effect so it's nothing new
All you listed and more have being done and are being done by some churches
why not transfer your aggression to politicians

@Kunleoshob,
you are known for your unbelief, so no need to bother about you now
Re: 419 Oyedepo by e36991: 10:29am On Mar 19, 2011
mabell:

@Earside & Kulneoshob,

Helping the poor and orphanage is no big deal

Over and over people have talked about what some churches do to the needy in the society

I for one have given instances to that effect so it's nothing new

All you listed and more have being done and are being done by some churches

why not transfer your aggression to politicians

@Kunleoshob,

You are known for your unbelief, so no need to bother about you now

@^^^

Hmm you mean to fraternise with the politicians like this . . . wink

Re: 419 Oyedepo by KunleOshob(m): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2011
mabell:

@Kunleoshob,
you are known for your unbelief, so no need to bother about you now

Yes my unbelief in the false and fraudulent manipulation of the gospel which has taken root in CEC and most pentecostal churches we have today parading themselves as followers of christ, whils preaching their greed motivated man made doctrines whilst ignoring the true teachings of my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by ogajim(m): 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2011
Mabell and the other PRO staff on NL representing the Church of Nigeria LTD. (abi na PLC these days) must work harder these days because people are slowly catching on to the true Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and find it to be not all about many fold prosperity blessings instead of Holiness, charity towards fellow men, etc.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2011
ogajim:

Mabell and the other PRO staff on NL representing the Church of Nigeria LTD. (abi na PLC these days) must work harder these days because people are slowly catching on to the true Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and find it to be not all about many fold prosperity blessings instead of Holiness, charity towards fellow men, etc.

Ogajim. Are you saying you don't believe in prosperity? And is prosperity against holiness or is holiness against prosperity?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Sunday Adelaja Is To Be Unjustly Jailed - Pass This On Till Jona Hears / What Is Wrong With This Popular Picture Of Jesus ?? / Jehovah's Witnesses' Year Without Knocking On Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.