Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,762 members, 7,840,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest (76145 Views)

7 Things President Buhari Revealed About Magu's Probe, Suspension / 9 Things President Buhari Said In His 'special Interview' With NTA / What Buhari Said About Boko Haram Yesterday That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by osazsky(m): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
Thank god he has addressed the nation..so I feel the protest should end.this is what we have been waiting for and to me he spoke well..hallelujah
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by jaxxy(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
flokii:
The evil politicians won't be happy with his speech because he didn't say he'll resign neither did he play into their shenanigans..

Any criminal caught on the streets henceforth should be severely dealt with

Who is a criminal? The peaceful protesters or the hired thugs recruited by government to disrupt the protests??

Was Buhari himself not a protester b4 he entered power?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by lildonn222: 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Your northern opinion sir.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by abuhari: 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
Well said Mr president.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by PHOTSEE(m): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
Aboki divide and rule will not work, analyze the north and leave the south alone.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by lildonn222: 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Your northern opinion sir.
What ever man, God bless you too.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Investorlex(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
That broadcast wasn’t a live one,was edited

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Lukebryan2sure: 9:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
Benwallt:
how many parents have declared their sons or daughters missing? Didn't you watch the video n see the position of the soldiers while shooting into the air? This thing is is over flogged. Lets pack the pieces, count out loses n move on since the hoodlums know better n thought us a bitter lesson with their far beyond level of expectation distractions across the country. Baba go slow came out n gave 13mins talk on a protest that has lasted for 11days n still counting. I haven't earn salary for 8months. Lets stop complicating things for ourselves.

Will you stop this nonsense,Abi all of u are madt ni ,I am not in any form supporting the violence hoodlooms n miscreants had unleash on innocent people but how would u people b spewing trash,how did d protesters in the Hospital sustain gunshots wounds, people took cover even NTA female presenter n her camera man took cover from the sporadic shooting...why u go see black call am white....
Wait what was soldiers doing there in the first place....
Why that place in particular...
Note*There are fake videos n pics i agree
But U guys should pls stop insisting nobody was shot....even if no body died why shoot in d first place...

Call for peace n stop spreading trash

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by ojoduoludare(m): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2020
somebody should please help my life ,I want travel out of this country to any where abeg ,God bless my helper amen .... what a country
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by osazsky(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2020
Senatoraku:
Mtcheeeeeeeew...you are listing 10 points outlined by Buhari, when I didn't even see or hear any point that he made. the only thing I heard after he finished blabbing, was that "every Nigerian should go about their normal duty" Oga what of the massacre that was committed at Lekki toll gate, maybe you forgot to mention it. polithiefians, I our eyes don open just as our mumu don do.
masacre without evidence.if u are invited to a court what will u tender..if u can just record one parent that lost his son and post it here it will help us.those deaths in lekki happened in nollywood and I think 7 of them resurrected this morning only one was crucified.note courts dont make judgement based on emotions or what u feel..there must b a tender
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by CzarChris(m): 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
lildonn222:
come up with a better one and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
Thanks for the insults, or do you have another one remaining for me?
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by bizhop01: 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
I see no Lagos killing in his empty speech
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Tochj(m): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
No mention of our gallant youths you mudered at Lekki toll gate.
No mention of how you intends to implement youths demands.
Restructuring kwanu,
Nothing.
The Address is Nothing but Nothing.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by osazsky(m): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
ojoduoludare:
somebody should please help my life ,I want travel out of this country to any where abeg ,God bless my helper amen .... what a country
after releasing kidnappers rapist murderers and destroying airport..how do u intend to do this.na plantain leave u wan use?
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by osazsky(m): 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
Lagos is boiling right now ..nigeria is peaceful.lagos is not nigeria
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Benwallt(m): 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Lukebryan2sure:

Will you stop this nonsense,Abi all of u are madt ni ,I am not in any form supporting the violence hoodlooms n miscreants had unleash on innocent people but how would u people b spewing trash,how did d protesters in the Hospital sustain gunshots wounds, people took cover even NTA female presenter n her camera man took cover from the sporadic shooting...why u go see black call am white....
Wait what was soldiers doing there in the first place....
Why that place in particular...
Note*There are fake videos n pics i agree
But U guys should pls stop insisting nobody was shot....even if no body died why shoot in d first place...

Call for peace n stop spreading trash
Guy, let it rest. Logically, if they had shot into the protesters that are in thousands, do you think only six ppl will get hit? What you are seeing was stampeding injury. Please rest
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Tochj(m): 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
osazsky:
masacre without evidence.if u are invited to a court what will u tender..if u can just record one parent that lost his son and post it here it will help us.those deaths in lekki happened in nollywood and I think 7 of them resurrected this morning only one was crucified.note courts dont make judgement based on emotions or what u feel..there must b a tender
My dear remember that you can't be in this world forever.
Is that why you remove the CCTV camera and lights just to destroy evidence
You killed our innocent youngmen and you are gloating over it.
Your own death will be so painful.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by lildonn222: 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
yemi1504:

0de,sorry I don't reason like animals and c0ws like y0u and majority of your senseless ab0kis are up N0rth. I can't and will never support evil like you d0lts do! I remember Karma and posterity and the fact that my children till the 4th generation would suffer for any of my missteps unlike you idi0ts! I rest my case.
Is that how you see everyone up north? I'm aboki, I don't believe in karma but I believe if I hurt anyone God will not forgive me unless that person forgives me talkless of killing anyone.And just for a minute take a look at what you write,unlike you I won't insult the entire good people of the south for it.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by richboy7(m): 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fr33born:
At a point, I started wondering what he was talking about. As it stands now, the only power we have got now is our votes.
Lets dump all these old fools
Votes wey dey go rigg
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by yemi1504: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
lildonn222:
Is that how you see everyone up north? I'm aboki, I don't believe in karma but I believe if I hurt anyone God will not forgive me unless that person forgives me talkless of killing anyone.And just for a minute take a look at what you write,unlike you I won't insult the entire good people of the south for it.

I said majority of your people up N0rth are senseless ab0kis? Is that not true biko? As I said, swerve off my mention, so that I don't go savage on you, your father, your mother, and your family till the 4th generation, I can be that rough and a douchebag and assh0le. You have been warned! I also have the silent treatment for really dumb idi0ts on ground in my palms, so you don't wanna try me. Good night!
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by ProfAmaben(m): 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
lildonn222:
What ever man, God bless you too.

Ever since the protests started, the North never supported their Southern brothers but started proSARS protests to shame us.
In Apo Abuja, Hausa thugs started burning vehicles and beating up innocent protesters.

We would never be one anymore. You guys betrayed us. God bless you too.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by lildonn222: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
CzarChris:
Thanks for the insults, or do you have another one remaining for me?
I'm sorry about that please.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Lukebryan2sure: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Benwallt:
Guy, let it rest. Logically, if they had shot into the protesters that are in thousands, do you think only six ppl will get hit? What you are seeing was stampeding injury. Please rest

Sanwo Olu had confirmed 2 people dead...
U n some few heartless mind keeping insisting it's was doctored.... They kill Ur fellow youth n u claim it's was photoshop,continue time shall tell
I rest my case...
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Thinkfree(m): 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:

You said this but the ethnic consciousness of the Igbo make them paint Yoruba in every demeaning term while brandishing themselves as the best in the country. Bro, whether you are Igbo or not, I want to tell you the Igbo most hated tribes are Yoruba for no apparent reason
many people alive today will die as result of the attack on tinubu's businesses, Tinubu is not the
only politicians that supported Buhari, how come his the only terget among all the following,
Arebgesola
Saraki
Uduagan
Orji ujo kalu
Sylver of Bayelsa
Rotimi amaechi
Adams oshomhole
Goswill obaseki
Akpabio
Dave umahi
Fayemi
And many more southerners.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Oba234: 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
My own is where are our northern brothers o? There is no protest that starts in Lagos that will bring down the government without the support of the northerners. One of the reasons why I want us to be strategic with situation. I don’t want anyone to die for nothing o. This president knows he is not going anywhere because the North supports him, so what can we do next?
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by blueAgent(m): 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
potbelly:
Baba plans to end poverty alleviation in 10 years...

Abeg who did we offend... cry

Guy wear your seat belt. it gonna be a long ride.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by CzarChris(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
lildonn222:
I'm sorry about that please.
It's all good.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by mentored: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
alfredilly:
Yoruba claim against the Igbo is valid. Please read.

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.

Fulani Division agent SPOTTED
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by potbelly(m): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
baba na to drop for bus stop find your way be the koko...

blueAgent:

Guy wear your seat belt. it gonna be a long ride.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Thinkfree(m): 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Oba234:
My own is where are our northern brothers o? There is no protest that starts in Lagos that will bring down the government without the support of the northerners. One of the reasons why I want us to be strategic with situation. I don’t want anyone to die for nothing o. This president knows he is not going anywhere because the North supports him, so what can we do next?
we are not interested in your meaningless protest.
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by Calicoe: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
I don't care what this one is saying, all I know is that that sars officer who made me transfer 40k to one alloy emmanuel at Dr White Street in agbor even after showing you evidence that I'm not a cyber criminal but an entrepreneur, just know that I'm looking for you or any member of your squad. Just incase you are in here on NL, I know what you look like, have it in mind that as long as you are still in agbor, you and I may still cross paths and if we do, let's leave the outcome until then
Re: 10 Things President Buhari Said In Live Broadcast On EndSARS Protest by lildonn222: 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
yemi1504:

I said majority of your people up N0rth are senseless ab0kis? Is that not true biko? As I said, swerve off my mention, so that I don't go savage on you, your father, your mother, and your family till the 4th generation, I can be that rough and a douchebag and assh0le. You have been warned! I also have the silent treatment for really dumb idi0ts on ground in my palms, so you don't wanna try me. Good night!
Insult me one more time I promise you you'll regret it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives In Lagos / Check Out A Lawmaker Resting After Jump The Fence Yesterday +pics Lol / Obasa: 64 Bank Accounts Linked To BVN Of Lagos Assembly Speaker- SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.