Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

#ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? (1610 Views)

Beyond The Protests: Towards A New Future For Nigerian Youths - Charles Soludo / Obasanjo Speaks On EndSARS Protests, Urges Youths To Stop The Protests / EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by persius555(m): 8:51am On Oct 23, 2020
Hoodlums who watched from the sidelines hijacked the cause at the critical time. Government erred, manipulated and schemed to remain in power but are these hoodlums any better than the government that oppresses?

Did anyone notice that only BRT buses and private buses were torched while none or very few of the danfo buses were damaged. These thugs outsmarted the EndSars protesters. These thugs disguise as commercial transport workers and are ready to hike transport fare at the slightest provocation.

The same thugs are the instrument of oppression that are paid by the politicians to hijack ballot papers and disrupt elections.

Ultimately, it is the general masses that will suffer the consequences.

RIP to all the fallen angels
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by sammyj: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2020
If this is your views about the protest then this country can never move forward. Imagine people demanding for good governance and end to police brutality and what you could come up with is it is madness that should have come to an end. Today they are the one at the forefront tomorrow it might be you or your children. Please note what goes around comes around. I rest my case
Opexzy:

The lekki toll gate incident was never a massacre as it was dubbed buy you people. Go and watch the video without sentiment and analyze it.. Shots were fired in air, though it's condemnable but it was not as bad as you people portrayed it which has brought us to this point.

One of the videos I watched, A soldier was seen warning a protester like this, "Don't move close to me, if you move close to me you are posing a threat to my life" that's part of their rule of engagement. An army on a mission to massacre would not care to warn you about rule of engagement.

RIP to the dead, this protest should have ended long ago, enough of this madness.
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Opexzy: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
sammyj:
If this is your views about the protest then this country can never move forward. Imagine people demanding for good governance and end to police brutality and what you could come up with is it is madness that should have come to an end. Today they are the one at the forefront tomorrow it might be you or your children. Please note what goes around comes around. I rest my case

If burning and looting of people's properties is how you want to give your children a better Nigeria, then you need to be checked... Even the convener of this EndSars campaign has backed off, and instructed sane people to do same. The government was open for dialogue. But you said he has collected brown envelope.

IamPlato has shared his own view, which I totally support, you can read it up if you will open your mind to comprehend.
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by sammyj: 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lets face the fact and stop beating around the bush. What i said earlier is peaceful protest and not riots. Man up and accept the fact that people are entitled to peaceful protest without brute force from the security operatives. !!!
Opexzy:

If burning and looting of people's properties is how you want to give your children a better Nigeria, then you need to be checked... Even the convener of this EndSars campaign has backed off, and instructed sane people to do same. The government was open for dialogue. But you said he has collected brown envelope.

IamPlato has shared his own view, which I totally support, you can read it up if you will open your mind to comprehend.
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by haffaze777(m): 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:
If you are still in doubt that the protest is not yet over, try new one today and update us later.

undecided

Tah,I'm still protesting here with my bowl of Eba,Efo elegusi and Ogufe meat.the protest is far from overgrin
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Indigbo: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2021
Hardeysolution:
The youths of those days are the ones we are fighting against now.

Wouldn't that be the case with us too?

That's my fear!

A kind of people that excuse violence and crime because of the wickedness of some people shouldn't be trusted to do what's good in the line of governance.

When you bring emotions into leadership, you make rash decisions that will wreck your government.

You hailed that the palliatives were looted. You're one of the problem of Nigeria.

The government is bad, and so are you.

_

Yes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Documents Expose How Governor Umahi Transferred Billions To His Company / Angry Residents Stone, Chase Away Fulani Herdsmen From Ogun State (Video) / BREAKING!!! Kanu Nwankwo, Peter Rufai Beg Umahi To Contest For President (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.