Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

#ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? (1594 Views)

Beyond The Protests: Towards A New Future For Nigerian Youths - Charles Soludo / Obasanjo Speaks On EndSARS Protests, Urges Youths To Stop The Protests / EndSARS: Is It Right For Protesters To Block The Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Hardeysolution(m): 12:03am On Oct 23, 2020
I personally feel bad seeing that the momentum is dying across. Going to Twitter, I could only resent the fact that we allowed these protests to continue until many lives were lost and properties were looted.

I remember Segun Awosanya, popularly known as segalink warned so many people of continuing the protests. Even those who called for an end were abused and ignored. It got to this point and now, the lost lives live on while dead?

We were fighting a government knowing fully well that it wouldn't make sense overnight. Or did we think, the government would start having sense all of a sudden?

I am sincerely sad that many lives were lost. Many people were made homeless and sad forever, because we continued.

Should that have been a problem if we have a reasonable government? Is there a tangible excuse to kill your citizens because they are demanding for what it is rightly theirs? Oh, we do not have a reasonable Government!

Is this the end? Just like that? The protests will end, while crime is high across? The touts aren't easy to rein in. What of Justice?

I am not a coward to think strategy works when the battle is hot. It's safe to stop when it's necessary.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by heendrix(m): 12:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Hardeysolution:
I personally feel bad seeing that the momentum is dying across. Going to Twitter, I could only resent the fact that we allowed these protests to continue until many lives were lost and properties were looted.

I remember Segun Awosanya, popularly known as segalink warned so many people of continuing the protests. Even those who called for an end were abused and ignored. It got to this point and now, the lost lives live on while dead?

We were fighting a government knowing fully well that it wouldn't make sense overnight. Or did we think, the government would start having sense all of a sudden?

I am sincerely sad that many lives were lost. Many people were made homeless and sad forever, because we continued.

Should that have been a problem if we have a reasonable government? Is there a tangible excuse to kill your citizens because they are demanding for what it is rightly theirs? Oh, we do not have a reasonable Government!

Is this the end? Just like that? The protests will end, while crime is high across? The touts aren't easy to rein in. What of Justice?

I am not a coward to think strategy works when the battle is hot. It's safe to stop when it's necessary.

What do you think?

The protest is far from over

Twitter is cool now cause the street have taken it up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by jagaban002(m): 1:38am On Oct 23, 2020
There’s always a break in war but at least they have seen what we are capable of .
We live to fight another day
No police can harass anyone because we need to start defending each other.
United we stand divided we fall

8 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Hardeysolution(m): 2:39am On Oct 23, 2020
The youths of those days are the ones we are fighting against now.

Wouldn't that be the case with us too?

That's my fear!

A kind of people that excuse violence and crime because of the wickedness of some people shouldn't be trusted to do what's good in the line of governance.

When you bring emotions into leadership, you make rash decisions that will wreck your government.

You hailed that the palliatives were looted. You're one of the problem of Nigeria.

The government is bad, and so are you.

_

5 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by jplusnaira: 4:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Hmm
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by helinues: 4:26am On Oct 23, 2020
If you are still in doubt that the protest is not yet over, try new one today and update us later.

undecided

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 4:48am On Oct 23, 2020
Useless criminals... peoples means of living destroyed..

Police stations to protect you and I destroyed.. a police station would take months to be built and restored, who protects you from hoodlums before then?..

Peaceful protests and you are jail breaking criminals and destroying means of employment.. for what purpose?

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by helinues: 4:52am On Oct 23, 2020
Esseite:
Useless criminals... peoples means of living destroyed..

Police stations to protect you and I destroyed.. a police station would take months to be built and restored, who protects you from hoodlums before then?..

Peaceful protests and you are jail breaking criminals and destroying means of employment.. for what purpose?

Are you for real? undecided
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Are you for real? undecided

Yes... it's a very thin line between sanity and insanity..

A lot have crossed to insane... all under the cover of they are killing youths, youths are in doors, criminals are on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by helinues: 4:55am On Oct 23, 2020
Esseite:

Yes... it's a very thin line between sanity and insanity..

A lot have crossed to insane...

Very good morning Sir... grin cheesy grin
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Very good morning Sir... grin cheesy grin

Dont mind the useless goats..

They turned to the same monsters sane people protested about..

Road blocks and bribe collections..
Destruction of human lives and properties..
Looting and stealing..
Jailbreakings..

What makes them different from the SARS and politicians they were against?
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by helinues: 5:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Esseite:

Dont mind the useless goats..

They turned to the same monsters sane people protested about..

Road blocks and bribe collections..
Destruction of human lives and properties..
Looting and stealing..
Jailbreakings..

What makes them different from the SARS and politicians they were against?

Then could it be that something is wrong with some Nigerians who are supporting the violence protest...

I stood my ground about this nonsense protest to stop after FG disbanded the SARS.

Curse, abuse, threats are still flowing till this moment.

The unnecessary killings/lootings/destroying we could have avoided by all means.

Do you know how many people that would return back to square one now ( Those that they loot/destroy their businesses/ people that will lose their jobs)

Indeed some Nigerians are selfish and self centered
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

Then could it be that something is wrong with some Nigerians who are supporting the violence protest...

I stood my ground about this nonsense protest to stop after FG disbanded the SARS.

Curse, abuse, threats are still flowing till this moment.

The unnecessary killings/shootings we could have avoided by all means.

Do you know how many people that would return back to square one now ( Those that they loot/destroy their businesses/ people that will lose their jobs)

Indeed some Nigerians are selfish and self centered

I saw people crying yesterday, mothers, fathers, youths and entrepreneurs crying like babies because all they have laboured are tied to their shops, restaurants, car stands, outlets, businesses.. all gone..

You loot a mall, then burn it... why?.. do they know how many people a single mall employs?

unemployment would skyrocket.. it would take a very long while for most to return, thats if they can..
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 23, 2020
jagaban002:
There’s always a break in war but at least they have seen what we are capable of .
We live to fight another day
No police can harass anyone because we need to start defending each other.
United we stand divided we fall

You are silly... come out and steal or release prisoners again now, it's me that would personally gun you down.

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by jagaban002(m): 5:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Esseite:

You are silly... come out and steal or release prisoners again now, it's me that would personally gun you down.
You are very very stupid , We protest but the hoodlums carry out their ways which isn’t right .
But telling me u will gun me down shows how stupod and foolish u are and GOD will punish u oloriburuku .
We Dey fight for brutality u Dey threaten ur fellow with gun .
Your will surely be killed by a Gun Amen

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by helinues: 5:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Esseite:

I saw people crying yesterday, mothers, fathers, youths and entrepreneurs crying like babies because all they have laboured are tied to their shops, restaurants, car stands, outlets, businesses.. all gone..

You loot a mall, then burn it... why?.. do they know how many people a single mall employs?

unemployment would skyrocket.. it would take a very long while for most to return, thats if they can..

But wait, I doubt you were against the protesters initially..

Hope it's not that you/relatives have been affected by their lootings?
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 23, 2020
helinues:

But wait, I doubt you were against the protesters initially..

Hope it's not that you/relatives have been affected by their lootings?

Am not affected.. its same empathy that made most of us support the protest, that has made us go against it...

I can feel their pains... they claim people died, the number that have died between wednesday and Thursday is more than the number that died in the 11days of sane protest..
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by mojoyin73585: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2020
:Yes... it's a very thin line between sanity and insanity..A lot have crossed to insane... Very good morning Sir...
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by seunmsg(m): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2020
The protest is over. Everybody should go home. Are you guys not tired of the deaths and violence? Abeg, no more protest. We need peace right now.

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by IamPlato(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2020
Police Will Never Be The Same Again
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Hardeysolution:

What do you think?

I think you should shut up.

Let me ask you a question.

What do you want to achieve with the protest?
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by sammyj: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2020
End of which protest Did you even listen to Falz shocked shocked Curfew must not end if the government want the protest not to continue tongue tongue !!

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Opexzy: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2020
sammyj:
End of which protest Did you even listen to Falz shocked shocked Curfew must not end if the government want the protest not to continue tongue tongue !!

You better be sensible, is it your falz that was sharing fake images of people that was never killed..

You people discredit your protest with lots of fake news..
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by sammyj: 8:34am On Oct 23, 2020
Hmmmmm. So are saying that there was no shooting or the shooting was also fake news!! shocked shocked
Opexzy:

You better be sensible, is it your falz that was sharing fake images of people that was never killed..

You people discredit your protest with lots of fake news..
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Opexzy: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2020
Enough of this madness.. Segalink warned, so many sensible ones amidst us warned, but you refused to listen.
The worst is even yet to come...
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by luvmijeje(f): 8:39am On Oct 23, 2020
Esseite:

cry cry cry......... So sad.
Re: #ENDSARS: Is This The End Of The Protests? by Opexzy: 8:49am On Oct 23, 2020
sammyj:
Hmmmmm. So are saying that there was no shooting or the shooting was also fake news!! shocked shocked

The lekki toll gate incident was never a massacre as it was dubbed buy you people. Go and watch the video without sentiment and analyze it.. Shots were fired in air, though it's condemnable but it was not as bad as you people portrayed it which has brought us to this point.

One of the videos I watched, A soldier was seen warning a protester like this, "Don't move close to me, if you move close to me you are posing a threat to my life" that's part of their rule of engagement. An army on a mission to massacre would not care to warn you about rule of engagement.

RIP to the dead, this protest should have ended long ago, enough of this madness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Places 100 Million Naira Bounty On Nyesom Wikes Head / Secret Reason Wike Is Angry With My Defection - Umahi / Afenifere Backs Ipob's Eastern Security Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.