Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,506 members, 7,843,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC (66296 Views)

Nigeria Sars Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC / Edo 2020: Photo Circulating Online Shows Oshiomhole Voted For PDP (see PHOTOS) / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Jorgenvava: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2020
labi1977:

I do believe switches video and some other video evidence but some of this other stuff you wrote is just wayyy too sensational lol

Ok
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by NGpatriot: 6:52am On Oct 24, 2020
Kanu also ordered IPOB members to burn Nigeria to the ground if he is ever arrested by the Nigerian government.

https://www.legit.ng/1123498-i-break-zoo-pieces-nnamdi-kanu.html

Fast forward to 2020.

Mission accomplished.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by labi1977(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2020
sparko1:

Young man keep quite, you can spit on yourself!

If any of the issues/claims raised is false, provide evidence and stop cooking stories to suit yourself.

Everyone agree sars should be scrapped, but propagating false information to build tension and create fear is wrong.

If we ask you to provide a picture of yourself in an actual protest ground you won't get any, you come online to make noise.

Are you okay ? here is damning evidence

There is so much misinformation and chaos

but

this link shows the best collection of videos of the shot victims

Several people shot, blood everywhere while I can't confirm hundred percent that these people died, most of them are not conscious and barely responding

https://www.notion.so/Lekki-Toll-Gate-Broadcast-c44965157b7b4b99a1c4942fd6f731fe

The governor himself has confirmed at least two dead and it's probably more
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Micmuzac: 7:28am On Oct 24, 2020
and you have no evidence to disclaim the lekki shooting and deaths as confirmed by even the governor? this post has no relevance as long as the shooting and deaths are true

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by sparko1(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2020
labi1977:

Are you okay ? here is damning evidence

There is so much misinformation and chaos

but

this link shows the best collection of videos of the shot victims

Several people shot, blood everywhere while I can't confirm hundred percent that these people died, most of them are not conscious and barely responding

https://www.notion.so/Lekki-Toll-Gate-Broadcast-c44965157b7b4b99a1c4942fd6f731fe

The governor himself has confirmed at least two dead and it's probably more

It’s obvious you are not Okay, maybe you are just dumb and can’t comprehend.

How does your link contradict the content in the post, prove that what was said in the post was fabricated!

Get brighter grammar and help yourself.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by labi1977(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2020
sparko1:

It’s obvious you are not Okay, maybe you are just dumb and can’t comprehend.

How does your link contradict the content in the post, prove that what was said in the post was fabricated!

Get brighter grammar and help yourself.

F*** grammar you idiot !!

the governor himself has said there are two people dead how do you still dispute that ?!! I said clearly there's a lot of misinformation, agreed, but you must be a troll or r being paid. F*** this BBC article.

I've shown you videos of an old man shot there at lekki tollgate there's blood all over his body there's a person there that is not responding and he's not breathing they are giving him CPR

I know you didn't look at the videos you are willfully ignorant asking for evidence you don't intend to review
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by sparko1(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2020
labi1977:

the governor himself has said there are two people dead how do you still dispute that !! I said clearly there's a lot of misinformation, agreed, but you must be a troll or r being paid. F*** this BBC article.

I've shown you videos of an old man shot there at lekki tollgate there's blood all over his body there's a person there that is not responding and he's not breathing they are giving him CPR

I know you didn't look at the videos you are willfully ignorant asking for evidence you don't intend to review

You that’s can’t even get out of your house, talking about video, what happened at Lekki is not in contention you gay! I don’t need video to tell that, I was there, so shut the f up and tell me what part of the claim in the post is false or forever remain silence.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2020
DID YOU KNOW?

That only banks, shopping malls and warehouses get looted during violence?
The bookshops remained untouched.

Looters don't read and readers don't loot!

sparko1:

Young man keep quite, you can spit on yourself!

If any of the issues/claims raised is false, provide evidence and stop cooking stories to suit yourself.

Everyone agree sars should be scrapped, but propagating false information to build tension and create fear is wrong.

If we ask you to provide a picture of yourself in an actual protest ground you won't get any, you come online to make noise.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by labi1977(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2020
sparko1:

You that’s can’t even get out of your house, talking about video, what happened at Lekki is not in contention you gay! I don’t need video to tell that, I was there, so shut the f up and tell me what part of the claim in the post is false or forever remain silence.

You're clearly a fool and a bastard people died as long as that's true and then the article is a moot and stupid childish point

I went there too pusy coksucker stop trying to discredit people because of a few fake photos fool
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by nairanaira12: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2020
21cents:
lol.

In 2020, soldiers took over 50 bodies away in an open place like lekki toll gate with hundreds of people around and no one, no one could take pictures of them moving the alleged corpses?

how come up till now, no one has come to cry blue murder and seek justice for audio 78 victims killed by soldiers?

the dead had no family members or friends who could use social media to complain? think sir, think.

It's still Fake news by mischievous elements.

Maybe it isn't up to 50, but soldiers committed murder that night.

Maybe you want to ask yourself why the light suddenly went off at that particular time.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Zetty177x: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2020
Commentor:

It just so happened to be that soldiers selected such people for killing.

Hmmm.

U never hear? So with the videos making the rounds u still doubted, maybe until na u die, before u go believe
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Zetty177x: 9:12am On Oct 24, 2020
labi1977:

the governor himself has said there are two people dead how do you still dispute that ?!! I said clearly there's a lot of misinformation, agreed, but you must be a troll or r being paid. F*** this BBC article.

So I should believe a sitting Governor who loves his job to a video? Satellite picked what happened and be will be released soon. All those who shot will die

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Zetty177x: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:

Lagos fell hard into the trap

And ordinary people are about to suffer deep loss for misinformation of few

CNN News desk gave out contacts for victims to report non showed

BBC sent reporters and African correspondence down nobody still showed

Yet Lagos Markets is at the mercy of looters as we speak

What of the over 20 people admitted at Doren hospital?other hospitals are coming forward with statistics. Was there gunshots or not? Is shooting at someone not traumatic enough? Who gave such order? Why can't u believe dat army may have left with some dead bodies...
I'm happy dat no one believes the oba of Lagos office was looted, ransacked or burnt..nor be only una Sabi lie

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by engrchykae(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2020
blacknp:
It is not usual for slaves to curse their masters, even the scripture warns do not take heed to everything you hear from the poor, for the destruction of the poor is in their poverty. When you tell the white man, that Hausa Fulanis are illiterates but they are your masters from time immemorial, how do you think he will look at you? Shameless black sheep.
I must have struck a nerve for you to reply twice.
As you were chased out from Central Africa republic,one day you will be buried in Nigeria,not chased out.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by 21cents: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2020
nairanaira12:

Maybe it isn't up to 50, but soldiers committed murder that night.

Maybe you want to ask yourself why the light suddenly went off at that particular time.
show proof they committed murder. show bullets riddled corpses, show us family of those murdered who have came out to complain. at least we saw news about the dead jimoh isiaka's father who came out to seek justice for his dead son.

till now nobody, I mean nobody has come out to claim their loved one was indeed killed in "Lekki massacre" but you want to force fake unverified news on us? pls I still have brains intact and I don't analyse issues from heresy or from an emotional point of view without evidences and facts.

lights went off and so what? light going off doesn't mean soldiers committed massacre cos the dots are not connecting.

even more than 72hrs later we still haven't seen anyone that came out to seek justice for their murdered loved one.

Lekki massacre is nothing but Fake news
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by kumulus(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2020
lexander:
it might be lies if both the Lagos state governor the vice president are lying to us and some how an AI has been developed that can edit livestreams and be small in size to run parallel with your mobile phone apps. But for some reason they haven't been impreached or made to pay 5million naira each for making misleading and inciteful comments on TV and social media. They should made to apologize

"No honour amongst thieves!"

-Lloyd
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by zachur(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2020
CilicMarin:
More 48hours After The So Called LekkiMassacre..

We are yet to see anybody , relation , father or mother come forward to claim his/her was killed at the Lekki Toll...

We were really played...

But, My Prayer is that God Would Punish Every hand that knowingly tweeted and retweeted Falsehood and Fake news that led to the destruction of Yoruba land...

now you showed how easy you are to be played. I do wonder after all the education the Yoruba land is still creeping.

With all your education, investigate the death of Dele Giwa, then tell the public about your impression of the Nigerian leaders and government
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by zachur(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2020
21cents:
show proof they committed murder. show bullets riddled corpses, show us family of those murdered who have came out to complain. at least we saw news about the dead jimoh isiaka's father who came out to seek justice for his dead son.

till now nobody, I mean nobody has come out to claim their loved one was indeed killed in "Lekki massacre" but you want to force fake unverified news on us? pls I still have brains intact and I don't analyse issues from heresy or from an emotional point of view without evidences and facts.

lights went off and so what? light going off doesn't mean soldiers committed massacre cos the dots are not connecting.

even more than 72hrs later we still haven't seen anyone that came out to seek justice for their murdered loved one.

which people did the governor visited in hospitals
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by 21cents: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2020
zachur:
which people did the governor visited in hospitals
I hope you know there's a huuuuuge difference between being killed and being injured?

even the injured ones don't have gunshot wounds but the wounds caused by stampede that ensued after shots were fired in the air.

I'll say again: Lekki massacre is premium Fake news and I, like most of us here swallowed the initial narrative that flew around courtesy of some mischievous elements that circulated fake images all over which were later debunked. I mean all pictures were debunked and alleged victims came out to say they're all alive and not even at the Lekki location when the Fake news flew around.

Devil will punish those who conjured fake news to ridicule the struggle of the protests.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by nairanaira12: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2020
21cents:

You can also ask sanwo olu where he got two people he said were killed at lekki toll gate.

Idiot.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Liard(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
SLAP44:
The only constant truth in all of this is that SARS has killed thousands of southern youths and the government kept quiet about this for over a decade. 

The present government is evil.

Has the present govt been in power for a decade?
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by Liard(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
nairanaira12:

You can also ask sanwo olu where he got two people he said were killed at lekki toll gate.

Idiot.

You lack critically and logically thinking skills sir
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by nairanaira12: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
Liard:

In your pay per post dictionary, critical and logical thinking must mean something else.

By the way, you should go and learn how to spell properly.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by 21cents: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
Liard:

please just leave that one to keep believing the Audio massacre as he like. people's eyes are now open to the falsehood about the fake massacre at lekki toll.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by binqayyim24(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
[quote author=SLAP44 post=95253982]The only constant truth in all of this is that SARS has killed thousands of southern youths and the government kept quiet about this for over a decade. 

The present government is evil.[/quote
Hypocrisy at it peek, is the present government up to a decade? APC and PDP are like 5&6 stop deceiving yourself.
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by kindnyce(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
athaboi:
They have started paying media houses to redeem their image... shameless people! We know all this Lai Mohammed
So Mr Lai Mohammed is paying the BBC also?
SMH....hatred can kill
Re: EndSARS Protest: The Misinformation Circulating Online - BBC by zachur(m): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
21cents:
I hope you know there's a huuuuuge difference between being killed and being injured?

even the injured ones don't have gunshot wounds but the wounds caused by stampede that ensued after shots were fired in the air.

I'll say again: Lekki massacre is premium Fake news and I, like most of us here swallowed the initial narrative that flew around courtesy of some mischievous elements that circulated fake images all over which were later debunked. I mean all pictures were debunked and alleged victims came out to say they're all alive and not even at the Lekki location when the Fake news flew around.

Devil will punish those who conjured fake news to ridicule the struggle of the protests.
guy throw this shit on your face. Injuries lead to death, if rounds of bullet are shot toward a crowd some will be injured luckily by bullet slashing their skin and also fall from imbalance running, while unluckily some will die from serious hit.

Just forget trying to prove any right or wrong Nigeria and its government is a failed state. Let sweep all the killing under the carpet just for this conversation, what more do you have to say about covid-19 palliative that were uncovered. Any government who could do such at the expense of the people could even kill them all openly. Food is the worst thing a man should be greedy with talk less of a whole federal government of a country. All I know now is there was a Country

https://www.nairaland.com/6203148/tinubu-didnt-travel-france-still

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dead People At Cameroon-Nigeria Border (Graphic Pics) / How A Youth Corper 'Spelt Nigeria'. See Reactions / Zack Orji's Wife, Ngozi, Is 'Obidient' (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.