Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space (25889 Views)

President Buhari Commissions Police Equipment As IG Meets Police Commanders / Re: Army Shuns Southern Officers, Deploy Northern Commanders To South-east / EXPOSED:Nigeria Army Deploys Northern Commanders To Quell Tension In South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by talktrue4eva: 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2020
Princeton92:
Silly impossible IGP, at first when newly made the IGP I thought you'd be better but no... nothing good gets better with Nigerian Police

The man is a failure

1 Like

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Jostoman: 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
The silent evil Man
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2020
DenreleDave:

If they had looted ur family biz, u wunt be saying this..

I understand, u don't even av anytin....

Rubbish

I think u misunderstood d guy. In simple terms, he is saying all this wahala was avoidable if d govt had done d right things. That's a fact
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by DenreleDave(m): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
lexy2014:

I think u misunderstood d guy. In simple terms, he is saying all this wahala was avoidable if d govt had done d right things. That's a fact

And all these cud av been avoided if this protest wasn't prolonged...

Imagined, Endsars protest turned to ENDbuhari, Buhari must resign....

So tell me, which president will fold his arm?

The protest went out of hand the moment it became political

1 Like

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Badonasty(m): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
Lol...I pray they obey this order
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by wonder233: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
Better. And it won't ever happen again that any bast.ard will ever again be allowed to block the road in the name of protest. If you are not content with protesting without blocking the road, then the citizens themselves will get you off the road
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
No you steal executively like your father Tinubu and the rest of your family!

Salmoneus:

I don't steal other people's sweat and investment, I no be thief thief like you and your family members! kiss
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Cantonese: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
After the Endsars wahala, looters, vandals, thugs and warehouse breakers have given the police the opportunity to return the same "sacked" Fsars officials to the roads using some other names. Before this nation descends into total anarchy, the same police people are needed to deal with the looters.

These irresponsible elements have apparently succeeded in making the efforts of the genuine protesters seem worthless.

Do not forget that Fsars personnel have been trained to deal with robbery cases. As long as they have not been sacked from the police service or decommissioned, they will be used in cases like this. With the level of looting going on, the police commanders very likely will deploy the same men.

Judging by the actions of the protesters against them and the destructions of some police stations, one can easily guess that the police people may look to exert their pounds of flesh.

Please good people just stay safe as much as you can.
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
WHO ARE THESE EVIL ARMED HOODLUMS CRIMINALS FINISH THEM OFF NOW, SANITIZE THE SOCIETY SPACE.
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by mickeymimi: 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
oppressed by their own leaders
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Celebsnews2: 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2020
Yeah...better.

Meanwhile, Funke Akindele and Omotola Jalade are both in a serious mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POjR1H4WNew
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by mechanics(m): 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
Don't know why they are still keeping palliatives by this time, who are they keeping it for?
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by handsomeyitayo(m): 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2020

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by ogbonti: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
AfroDude:
Can someone explain to me why the North have so refused the igbos from leaving Nigeria?

Igbos are not ready to leave - it is audio secession - IF AND REALLY the Igbos want to leave Nigeria - trust me, Nigerian government can not stop them - it will be done without one shot fired

STEPS TO SECCEED WITHOUT FIRING ONE SHOT

1. Get at at least 1 million signatures demanding the UN start the process of self determination hearing for Biafra at UN Assembly in New York

2. Have at least 10,000 Igbo people surround the UN and sit on the ground and demand that a referendum be conducted for Biafra to leave Nigeria

3. Select at least 20 leaders from the academia both within and outside Nigeria of Igbo ancestry to push for arbitration hearings at the UN

4. Once the UN evaluates the demands and liaise with the Nigerian government, a date is set for the Referendum to take place - under UN guide

5. Once the Igbo people and other ethnic nationalities in the Biafran area cast their vote to LEAVE or NOT TO LEAVE, the result is collated

6. If the overwhelming majority of the Igbo people and other nationalities (e.g. Efik, Ibibio, Kalabari, Ikwerre, Ijaw etc people decide to leave)

7. A UN trusteeship committee is set up immediately to create the international boundary lines between Nigeria and Biafra and assets sharing

8. A new date is set for Biafran independence - which is a divestiture of the current eastern geo-political region from Nigeria

9. The machineries of the new REPUBLIC of BIAFRA is set up with a new constitution breathing life to the rights and privileges of her citizens

10. Life from being known as a Nigerian is over - the future is now yours, controlling your borders, resources and also solving your problems!!!!
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Salmoneus(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
thotsofnaij:
No you steal executively like your father Tinubu and the rest of your family!

Stealing is evil, never support it... angry
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
Tell that to your daddy THIEFNU.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed you know the rest
Salmoneus:

Stealing is evil, never support it... angry
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by orijinalasu(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
Salmoneus:
SHOOT LOOTERS ON SIGHT!!!!

Shoot SOME ONE carrying a bag of rice??
Seems you are one of the soldiers that shot unharmed protesters at the Lekki Toll-gate.

No offense to your person, but you are stupidly foolish.

Dumb idiot
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by leisuretym: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
*TIME* *TO* *REASON* *TOGETHER*

*UNDERSTANDING* *THE* *TREND* *OF* *WAR*

I want ourpeople , both the pro and anti protest factions on the field and the social media, to understand the trend of war .

*NOTE*

It is always a trend. From Libya to Syria to Yemen to CAR to Somalia to Liberia to Sierra Leone to Ivory Coast to Rwanda. Here are the stages:

*PLOT* *1*

People protest

*PLOT* *2*

Many try to encourage them.

Soldiers fire live ammunition into crowds to scare or disperse protesters.

*PLOT* *3*

Mob retaliate and burn down government and influential leaders' assets.

*PLOT* *4*

Army and police withdraw due to international pressure. They begin to guard their barracks only.

*PLOT* *5*

Anarchy sets in. Mob goes after assets of prominent figures and in some cases notable government officials.

Powerful and influential people flee abroad with their families.

*PLOT* *6*

Mob goes after assets and lives of middle class or anyone that has semblance of wealth or conncetion with the government.

Estates housing the middle classes or government officials are attacked.

Remember, no more police or army to protect them.

*PLOT* *7*

Full scale war breaks out as opportunists with group interests and egos take over

*NOTE* : Is it an open secret that a few groups have been campaigning for the break up of the country.

Competing interests and internecine wars end up tearing the country apart.

*PLOT* *8*

Refugees flee the country in millions to become beggars in other countries.

*NOTE*
Which country in West Africa has the capacity to take refugees from our country?

Remember, the population of Lagos alone is hgher than that of most West African countries.

*PLOT* *9*

I heard some people are saying US will come in.

I laughed.

To do what?

Has the US finished solving its own many problems.

Common, this is not the 1960s!

No external forces will quell the in fighting.

It will be our cup of tea.

Remember a few of them have predicted that our country might not exist in the next few years.

Gotten it?

The internal wars will be a continuous recurring decimation.

With no uniting force, no military or police or government, we might have the Libya scenario.

I hope we are paying attention and praying.

All those mansions, designers this and that, and even loved ones could disappear in twinkle of an eye.

Those abroad that are fanning the flames will be eating Kentucky chicken in their respective cozy homes.

US, UK and the UN will turn blind eye, except the UN peace keepers who will be kept in one expensive hotel - Remember hotel Rwanda?

UK, US will sell us arms and buy free passage and licences to mine our natural resources.

What we all need NOW is CAUTION FROM ALL SIDES.

If we continue this way, no one will be the winner.

If the country scatters, God forbid, no group or faction will get what they want, not even the youths or the celebrities calling the shot via the social media.

*TIME* *TO* *RETREAT*

*THE* *PROTESTING* *YOUTHS* , *SHOULD* *WISE* *UP* . *INTERESTS* *BEYOND* *THEIR* *CONTROL* *HAVE* *HIJACKED* *THE* *PROTEST* . *THEY* *ARE* *NO* *LONGER* *IN* *CONTROL* .

Parents who have seen wars before must call their children to order.

Why destroy the States' limited resurces and heritage when most of what you are protesting about are constitutionally beyond the powers of a State government?

Again , I cite the example of - South Sudan, Libiya, Syria, Iraq, Sierra Leone - years of wonton destruction , loss of lives and livelihoods.
Everything and everyone will be on the route to destruction millions of naira in the bank will be worth less than toilet roll.

Houses become unliveable.

This is no longer about who is right or wrong, it is about who will be safe?
Plz and Plz dialogue is the only way out.Thanks
Dr Anthony Nwaoney
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Salmoneus(m): 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
orijinalasu:

Shoot SOME ONE carrying a bag of rice??
Seems you are one of the soldiers that shot unharmed protesters at the Lekki Toll-gate.

No offense to your person, but you are stupidly foolish.

Dumb idiot
Fool, is it only food they steal? I'm talking about those stealing electronics and luxury items from shops, you haven't been affected that is why you speak foolishly, people are relocating to their village to start from scratch cos of these looting devils and ur talking rubbish...
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by lexy2014: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
DenreleDave:

And all these cud av been avoided if this protest wasn't prolonged...

Imagined, Endsars protest turned to ENDbuhari, Buhari must resign....

So tell me, which president will fold his arm?

The protest went out of hand the moment it became political

It will be counter productive for u or anyone to blame protesters for d recent happenings in d country. There's nothing wrong if a protest goes on forever as long as it is peaceful which was d objective of d protesters. D question is why did d protest prolong & why did things spiral out of control?

There's also nothing wrong if d protesters demanded for buharis resignation. Can u pls tell me what buhari has done so far that shouldn't make protesters demand for his resignation?

Are u aware that in June 2019, buhari received a report on SARS reforms? Are u also aware that d recommendations of d said report are similar to that of demands of d protesters? D question I will ask you now is why did buhari not implement d recommendations of d report all this while? If he had implemented d report, will anyone be staging endsars protests and calling for his resignation?

www.channelstv.com/2019/06/03/committee-on-sars-reforms-submits-report-to-buhari/amp/

1 Like

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
Enemies of the people are planning to return to continue another form of brutalities.

Zombie youths can run under their slavery pants/beds; but we are not retreating or surrendering to nigeria fulani terrorist forces.

We must continue.

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Princedapace(m): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
It is on record that South East alleged to be the "poorest" geopolitical zone in Southern Nigeria by Lagos-Ibadan media didn't bother to look for and loot covid-19 palliatives whereas the "richest" zone dwellers hungrily looted both govt. Food stores and private shops.
Just wanna make common sense

they swear for u like this? Why are some of u so much into this tribalism? I am from the east and I condemn this rubbish u do!

1 Like

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
Is the IGP alright? An IGP that allowed his officers killed and got various formations burnt and destroyed, before he could take action. Pathetic
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
It is on record that South East alleged to be the "poorest" geopolitical zone in Southern Nigeria by Lagos-Ibadan media didn't bother to look for and loot covid-19 palliatives whereas the "richest" zone dwellers hungrily looted both govt. Food stores and private shops.
Just wanna make common sense
Calm down these are your people in Anambra:

https://dailytrust.com/residents-break-into-anambra-covid-19-palliatives-warehouse

1 Like

Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by okoloemmalex(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Mark I laugh for Spanish language first.

any police wey do anyhow, go see any how now o.

make him easy dey give order o.

they better start doing well, else, the populace 're still angry o
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Asquare84:
Jobless youths

Failed by their government.
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by otokx(m): 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
Orders and directives ought to be followed but what is happening?
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by YakubuA: 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
mechanics:
Don't know why they are still keeping palliatives by this time, who are they keeping it for?

Good afternoon Sigma Chief, Old Chiefs and Loyalists.

As a no of Sigmites may be aware of, I sit on the Steering Committee of the Private Sector Coalition Against Covid 19 christened CaCovid.
The other members of the SC are
1. Aliko Dangote,
2. John Coumatorous,
3. Jim Ovia,
4. Tony Elumelu,
5. Abdulsamad Rabiu,
6. Segun Agbaje,
7. Herbert Wigwe and
8. Godwin Emefiele (CBN Governor).

We set up the coalition to pull resources together to support the Government to combat Covid 19 pandemic. Having successfully provided health facilities, diagnostic kits and medications to all the states and Abuja, we realised that the pandemic has destroyed the economic power (whatever that was worth pre Covid) of most Nigerians. We decided to provide food to 1.7m most vulnerable families across the country and we put a substantial resources behind the initiative.

The food items we intend to purchase included rice, pasta, noodles, gari, sugar and salt, etc. The challenge was how to purchase those items worth about N15bn without driving inflation. We had to contract this out to various manufacturers and that took time for them to deliver the goods to us. It was only in September and early October that we handed the goods over to the various state governments and FCT. Its therefore a fallacy that the State Governments or Dangote have hoarded those foodstuffs.

As Sigmites it is important that we interrogate information received thoroughly before we share or comment on such information. Significant amount of misinformation are trending on SM. We must be discerning and probing hence we join the fifth columnists in pushing our dear country on to the road to Kigali. I sincerely pray not

This is from Dr Sola Adeduntan, who is the MD/CEO of First Bank
#copied
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by Dharmiejoe(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
About time sanity is restored in the society. We cant make headway if looting continues at this rate. I hope they move in swiftly.
Re: Looting: IGP Orders Police Commanders To Reclaim Public Space by tnerro1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
MR IGP, this is not the time to talk about force, go into the communities and talk to it’s leaders, youths , religious and market leaders. Get everybody to ensue for peace, this is not the time for force and shooting, some of these people have armed themselves and might just shoot back leading to bigger problems for everyone. Hope you have seen the video of a military officer telling the police how to handle angry protesters, it should have been the other way round. That’s to tell you how the police need urgent reforms
P/s study what is being done in Kano state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bad Road: I Was Stuck In Ogun For Hours – Akpabio / Yusuf Buhari To Be Flown To Germany After Motorcycle Accident / Heads To Roll As More Senior Police Officers To Be Arrested After DCP Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.