Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,960 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Challenging The Skeptics - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Challenging The Skeptics (6325 Views)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenging The Skeptics by unphilaz(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2011
ha ha me block head ha! well in your Opinion U LOST Something, by implication you Gained Something Abi? lets establish dat! do you care 2 respond even if you wil call names ha ha
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by unphilaz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
Hello hari please don t be disappointed in 'retard' come and continue thanks enlightend one
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
I wonder where atheists past are now  grin I wonder how well the theists are doing since then  grin - we are all like butterflies dancing around a night camp-fire no matter how attractive, mysterious and  awe-inspiring we find the affair, we would never hazard the thought of settling down. Ultimately; "Man's reach exceeds his grasp"
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by unphilaz(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2011

I wonder where atheistsB past are now  grin I wonder how well the theists are doing since then  grin[/QUOTE ] Do you mean dat athiest PAST is wheres THIEST begin or wat do u mean.pls clarify
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2011
it simply means we are all no better than when we began - we make to think we know everything but really we know nothing. Man's Wisdom be it inspired or learned or revealed (in pastor joes case) tongue
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
harakiri:

Once upon a time, i previously thought the poster was an unbiased,unsentimental intelligent young man. Oh well. . .

Bias and sentiments are intrinsic to humans. To the extent we all have differing views on morality, fashion, religion, sex and other aspects of life, bias & sentiments are inevitable. It behooves on the rational mind to be tolerant, not to hate the person. To that extent, I do love all atheists as humans. The objective of my posts here are to provoke the atheist into considering my views on God, Christianity & Religion in a style reminiscent of sundries like The Thinking Atheist, Ridicule Corner & The God Delusion. To the extent I do satirize such beliefs, it's inevitable that insult will be taken.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by jayriginal: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2012
Ay Carumba. I can no longer count to ten. cry
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
jayriginal:

Ay Carumba. I can no longer count to ten. cry

Aye, I agree. there'll always be a smaller number than ten. Try counting from 9.99999999 to 10.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 5:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
* I expect an atheist to believe in God in the same way I expect a child to believe the name I gave that child.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
* I expect an atheist to believe in God in the same way I expect anyone reading my statements to believe a human is writing them.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
* Finally, I expect an atheist to believe in God the same way he can believe the preceding 2 statements made.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
harakiri:

@unphilaz. . . First of all, i have studied UYI IREDIA'S posts way back (without posting most of the time) and at the time, he had an unbiased neutral stance.

I had a biased stance along Mr harakiri. This so called unbias is imaginary.

harakiri:
This thread targets Non religious people/Atheists and i am one.

Many Christians are non-religious. Some simply go to church simply because. Some are addicted to going to church. Others aren't. I have done each of these at various stages of my life.

harakiri:
I have no issues with religious people (coz i used to be religious years ago)

I think you do, but I may be wrong.

harakiri:
but where a problem comes is when religious people attempt to impose their opinions on me.

The problem seems to come from nowhere. Why don't you ignore the problem ?

harakiri:
Most Atheists today are people who used to be deeply religious and in their quest for indepth understanding of what they worshipped, all they saw was shallowness,deciet,lies and centuries of mass mind manipulation.

Feel free to call me a Christian atheist. It doesn't matter.

harakiri:
I used to be an ardent christian and fellowship leader

Same here.

harakiri:
. . . I dare anyone who claims to be a christian to show concrete proof that the christian god exists WITHOUT sentiments

I have no proof that God exists. My only proof is that God is imaginary & that's proof enough for me. Any problems now, harakiri ?

harakiri:
,beating about the bush,referring to a so called "holy bible" that was endorsed by a pagan king (king james)

So what ? he could have been a pagan king who believed in Christ but continued with his paganism. Many Edos are like that currently.

harakiri:
and keep out the mantra they are brainwashed with on a sunday to sunday basis.

1 is a mantra. 2 is also a mantra. Any thing can become a mantra. If you think not, simply agree with me that 1 = 2. Don't get mad yet, simply agree.

harakiri:
Show proof that of a REAL encounter with him/her/them/it. All you people know is what you have been brainwashed with from childhood. I opened a thread on two forums concerning this over a year ago and till today,

I can't show you a real encounter with God, any less than I can show you encounters I had in my dreams, or encounters I read in Alice In Wonderland.

harakiri:
NO ONE has been able to give a straight forward answer except insults,sentiments and derailing remarks.

That's wrong. Many people gave different answers. You simply agreed with NONE of them. Feeling the semantic games, right ?

harakiri:
You all talk as if you know this god personally with little or zero knowledge of the origin of christianity (go to goggle and type "DOES THE CHRISTIAN GOD REALLY EXIST?"wink. Its an old thread i opened on nairaland and a rival forum.

I know God the way I know stories, ideas, thoughts & the way I can say I know you, mr harakiri, without seeing your body physically.

harakiri:
If the white enslavers hadn't brought christianity, who would be talking?

Pagans. Pagans who believed in Esu, Orunmila, Sanponna, Amadioha, Ikot et al You might have been a young man in the society who acted as those who believed but secretly disbelieved in the gods of that time. Who'd have given a rat's ass ?

harakiri:
The first black man to translate the bible was a SLAVE!

No ! A more accurate statement is: Ajayi Crowther translated the language of the Bible from English to Yoruba. No one knows who the first black man was.

harakiri:
So much for the "godly" religion. You all can believe what you choose to but if you think you can talk crap about non believers, then i'll take the pains in showing you are nothing but brainwashed-deluded-enslaved-lemming-zombies!

So somebody (mr harakiri) thinks he's smarter than nobody (he refers to no one in particular). Clap for yourself ! I have no problems with being deluded, it's a function of the mind, ni. Just so you know, you are deluded in thinking that your name's both harakiri, your first name, your surname, your nickname whilst referring to them as your names.

harakiri:
The difference between Atheists and believers is our DISBELIEF in religion.

I hope you don't believe that statement.

harakiri:
We have nothing to prove to you but can you explain how a virgin mary got pregnant? RETARDS! !

It was supernatural technology. I simply don't need to understand it, I believe it. Just so you know, if/when a scientist finds a way to make parthenogenesis apply to humans; the idea of a virgin birth being supernatural loses its meaning. We already know of men who can become pregnant, Google it. Is that one natural enough ?
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by Kay17: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
Supernatural is an absurd concept, it means an entity acting beyond its actual limits. Like a mango tree bearing apples.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by Kay17: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
Another problem with Christian God is that he can only be accepted by faith. Faith itself conflicts with Reason.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
The Absence of Evidence is Truth - Ask Sherlock Holmes grin
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
Love your neighbour as yourself.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
The string theory is as a river yet to stand. In its own time it will stand.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
When God is ready it will have sex cool T
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
Any name you call God, it will accept.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
Christians should love life & fear death. God is a man too, He fears death & sex.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
Man thinks, God thinks as well.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
You might not understand the actions of your fellow man but when you see his a man like you you will not hurt him the way you wont hurt your body.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
Muhammad convinced himself that he was Allah. He decided to tell no one and yet all Muslims worship Allah.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
Abdul Mutallab is a stupid Muslim. If he bombs US isn;t he bombing his fellow man. If he bombs all the men in the world he would still have to have sex to create life.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
Every Christian, Muslim & pagan has sinned. As long as you know you have blood in you CHOOSE to love your fellow man.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
Do not slaughter your fellow man. You must loose yourself the way a stone pretends it is dead.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
Take care, treasure life & all things will be okay. If your fellow man fails to learn, cane him gently & tell him to try again.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
When people realise that they are talking about the same story they will start laughing. If you are reading this, don't fear. Let Allah/God/Muhammad/Jesus do his work.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
When everybody doesn't discriminate between children, or books, or science, or evolution, they will see God is anyone.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
Muslims must never harm their fellow men. When you treat your fellow man with reverence; the same way you reverence Allah, you will see that God = Allah = Man = Evolution.

Nna men ! Time to reopen Pandora's box.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
Faith is outside the body yet because of the body. Science is the body because of faith.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
grin The foolish virgins knew they were virgins no matter with whom, how or where they did it. The wise virgins were never smarter than the foolish virgins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anglican Church Honours Humanitarian Orby Agwuncha With Appreciation Award / The Ted Haggard Scandal / Winners' Chapel Kick Off Their Annual 21 Days Of Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.