Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

#Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. (30919 Views)

Six Things Christain Youths Should Engage In / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by gaventa: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2020
Exactly how the slave masters taught our fore fathers so they would remain in captivity... always praying for their enemies and dying in silence. Mental slavery! We should pray for a government that is not ready to change while we die in poverty and they get richer. Just imagine
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by DaFuhrer(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2020
Mindlog:
What do you expect from the people, when the government deliberately insists on curses inducing policies?

werey grin
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:
Bible verses :

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 19:18
And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.

Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

Exodus 32:31-32

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deuteronomy 6:5
Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Deuteronomy 7:9

Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 97:10
The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

Psalms 145:20
Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Proverbs 10:12
He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.

Proverbs 17:9

None of what you have typed applies to the situation In Nigeria.
Stop twisting Biblical verses to confuse the gullible. Even under Moses' and God's leadership the Israelites protests when they had to.

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by WaleRock: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2020
BAD LEADERSHIP IS SURELY A CURSE

WE HAVE HUMAN, MATERIAL, NATURAL, AND SPIRITUAL RESOURCES, YET WE'RE DEEPLY IMPOVERISHED.

WHEREAS COUNTRIES WILL ONLY ONE OR EVEN NONE OF THOSE RESOURCE ARE AHEAD OF NIGERIA.

TRUTH
Once we begin to love God genuinely and our fellow compatriots, the curse will be lifted.

PONDER ON THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION:
DO WHITE PEOPLE LOVE ONE ANOTHER MORE THAN BLACK PEOPLE LOVE ONE ANOTHER?

2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE DESPISE THE LEADERSHIP OF THIS COUNTRY, IF WE DON'T RESPECT AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER, THE STATUS QUO WILL REMAIN, AND WORSEN!

2 Peter 2:10-13 KJV
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Titus 3:1-11
Jude 5-7
Romans 13:1-7

Mark 12:30-31 NIV

30. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
31. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:48am On Oct 25, 2020
Thank you, father. ❤

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Ohizman73(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2020
mascot87:
I am not even fully a committed dedicated Christian and I know must of this things. Most people that call themselves Christians are hypocrites and the only good thing about them is them known and called a Christian. There attitude, behaviour and relationship with there fellow human beings is nothing to write home about.

What am surprized about is that it is these so called dedicated Christians especially these in the so called new generation churches that are at the helm of affairs in all these vices.They own allegiance to their Spiritual head,whom they hold in high esteem as demi-gods many of them live false lives so their leaders.Who acquire much wealth at the expense of their followers who are cajoled to giving in the name of the gospel.A good christian would not be at the scene of such protests to confront government.That is why you can never find any of the the Jehovah Witness members at any such protest.Were merrymaking,partying and such of vices were perpetuated in the guise of peaceful protests.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Neddstark: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2020
Let me add mine

1. Obey the laws of the country.
2. Dont impose your will that will cause inconvenience to others
3. Dont spread fake news
4. Dont hate or insult those with contradictory opinion to yours.
5. Dont incite others to a cause then run away when it is time to face the heat

Lets keep on the activism against police brutality and better governance but constructively.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Dreadful: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:
Six important things every Christian should never do or Engaged in.

1) Don't Engage in Blasphemy or Laying Curses on the government and the country.

2) Don't avenge or bear any grudge against the people of the government and the citizens of the country

3) Don't Judge the government , Instead pray for the Forgiveness of God over this country.

4) In this trying time, You must not seize to love God and keep His Commandments

5) Don't engage in violence, destructions and non peaceful protests.

6) You must not engage in cruel act , but engage in kindness act and show love to people.
They have come! Demons and deceivers! Same old trick, same thing Britain told us that kept us the way we are today.
The protests must continue but it must be peaceful
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2020
I am a Christian, judging from some of your points above, I can only deduce that you are part of our problems... your 2nd (part a) and 3rd point is totally useless. These guys are enslaving us, and you expect me to continue praying for them...

In Nigeria we are more religious than the white folks that brought the religion to us.

Akube1z:

1) Don't Engage in Blasphemy or Laying Curses on the government and the country.

2) Don't avenge or bear any grudge against the people of the government and the citizens of the country

3) Don't Judge the government , Instead pray for the Forgiveness of God over this country.

4) In this trying time, You must not seize to love God and keep His Commandments

6) You must not engage in cruel act , but engage in kindness act and show love to people.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Neddstark: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Risingsunn:
Omo, with this madness going on in our country, make we no talk? You are on your own ooo. At a point self Jesus chased people out of the temple and threw there things away. No be everytime

person go dey keep quiet ooo. Some times, you put your gentle man I one corner and go hard.

I'm sure it if were to be now, you people would criticize Jesus Christ.

When did Jesus lead up a protest against Rome or Herod?
You need deep insight to really understand the Bible
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by michoim(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2020
ovieigho:
Don’t try to tame Christian with this words

What’s all this at this time
But if you must please back it up with biblical injunction
Not just listing
See 2Pet2:10-12 &Rom.13:1-7
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Mindlog: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2020
DaFuhrer:

werey grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by RuddyFusion(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2020
Alejobs:
Correct! I am looking for those who work on laptop and use a mobile phone extensively and those who love to watch Television or CCTV and security light Installer, i have right lithium battery technology powered energy solution for you. Please contact me if you need portable lithium battery power solution (with 2years warranty & 10 years expected lifespan of the battery)for your LED Tv and Decoder (10hrs), Laptop (16hrs), Phone (at least 168hrs), rechargeable fan (12 hrs) light, CCTV e.t.c. Also available are lightening fast QC 3.0 fast charging powerbank and Wireless powerbank for your high end phones.

https:///2348065316307

www.cooldipo.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDd-ow_tErc

This looks good if it does what you claim for it
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Myer(m): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:

Clearly you're still a baby Christian. You have a lot of study to do.

Let me help you a litle, read Psalm 109 and tell me how laying curses is not acceptabale to God.

In fact the church I went today did not have any sermon.All they did was lay curses on govt officials who are oppressing Nigeria.

Although I understand your stance as Jesus preaches blessing even your enemies rather than cursing them, but how do you explain the scriptural references which are being used to curse our enemies, both personally and corporately?

You can't truly deep down within you want God to keep blessing your enemies and the enemies of this country right?
God knows this and he made provisions for these exceptions in the same bible.
Except you're more righteous than David, Paul and Peter.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Mrjeed(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2020
Allahu Akbar indeed Islam ☪ is a religion of peace I can't find any abusive comment here against Christianity but if it is a Islamic thread everywhere will be full with abuse
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Osolanrewaju: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Every Christian and muslim man/woman know it well but reject it becos of bad act
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Akube1z: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2020
stanliwise:

Please Add this

Christian should never be naive

Christian shouldn’t take the back sit on political matters.

Christian shouldn’t be dormant in state and country matter

Also While not holding grudges, we must be willing to vote bad eggs out and be ready to be proactive for a better government.
Very important.

Come 2023(election) , there should be change in government and the youths should be involved in the change.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by ABCthings: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2020
Issoright undecided
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Akube1z: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2020
Myer:

Clearly you're still a baby Christian. You have a lot of study to do.

Let me help you a litle, read Psalm 109 and tell me how laying curses is not acceptabale to God.

In fact the church I went today did not have any sermon.All they did was lay curses on govt officials who are oppressing Nigeria.

Although I understand your stance as Jesus preaches blessing even your enemies rather than cursing them, but how do you explain the scriptural references which are being used to curse our enemies, both personally and corporately?

You can't truly deep down within you want God to keep blessing your enemies and the enemies of this country right?
God knows this and he made provisions for these exceptions in the same bible.
Except you're more righteous than David, Paul and Peter.
Instead of laying curses , we should take actions. 2023 ,there should be a change in the system.. We should vote our Youths and the right people in each political posts.
@Stanliwise comment explains more.
Please Add this
Christian should never be naive
Christian shouldn’t take the back sit on political matters.
Christian shouldn’t be dormant in state and country matter
Also While not holding grudges, we must be willing to vote bad eggs out and be ready to be proactive for a better government.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by tfelicityk(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:

This is a reminder for every believers. It cut across all the religion in this Nation.

May God continue to guide us to the right path. Aameen

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Lumig: 11:35am On Oct 25, 2020
michoim:
But some pastors and Bishops are guilty of the first three...
Yes I totally agree with you
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Heavance(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:

Na all these points dey bring about underdevelopment.
No developed country, I repeat, no developed country will follow these rubbish point. We pray too much and forget God won't do what man ought to do himself.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by dododawa1: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2020
And Christians should not play BETNAIJA.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by dododawa1: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2020
And Christians should not play BETNAIJA.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Risingsunn: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

oga, that act against those people selling things in the temple was a solo protest, I'm sure some of their wares were destroyed in the process. Oga go and find somewhere to sit down, wait till army enter your house to kill somebody close to you only then will you know that it is painful. You can preach for all I care. That's your opinion
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Risingsunn: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

you've telling me that I need insight. So in your mind now you have the insight.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by CaptMarvel(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:

hahaha, I see how you dodge to put, Don't involve in palliative looting and sharing Christians indeed undecided
Akube1z:

hahaha, I see how you dodge to put, Don't involve in palliative looting and sharing Christians indeed lolz!
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Correctbro1: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
crownedrookie I deal on laptops.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by nograv: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:

When the politicians of this country obey the 10 commandments or the basic principles of the Koran I will listen

Mtcheww using religion to mute the angry masses.. You guys have no shame..
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by suremanpatriot: 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
PREACHERS HAVE GO ASTRAY TELLING BIBLE STORIES THAT FOLLOWERS CANNOT RELATE WITH TODAY.

STOP TALKING STORIES FROM BIBLE AND SPEAK SPIRITUAL MANDATE AND HEALINGS FROM THE HOLY BIBLE AS BEL8WS:
+THOU SHALL LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR
STRENGTH;
+THOU SHALL NOT KILL;
+LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOUR SELF;
+THOU SHALL NOT STEAL;
+YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOURS
+THOU SHALL COMMIT OTHER EVILS TO LIVE
LIKE SATANIST.
+AS MUCH AS YOU CAN:
/FEED THE HUNGRY
/HELP THE SICK AND VENERABLE PEOPLE
/CLOTH THE NAKED
/SHELTER THE HOMELESS
/DONT EAT ALONE,SHUN GREEDY LIFESTYLE
/STOP PRAISING SCAMMERS AND POLITRICKCIANS
/PROTECT THE INNOCENT
/BE CONTENTED WITH WHAT YOU WORKED
FOR AND OWN
/DO NOT TAKE LAWS INTO YOUR HANDS
/CALL ON GOD FOR REDEMPTION AND JUSTUCE
/JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD IS THE ULTIMATE WAY TO REDEMPTION AND JUSTICE
...redeem the times because the days are evil.
Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Correctbro1:
crownedrookie I deal on laptops.
Where are you based and this offer is already on the table. Can you do better?
This isn't a dead thread by the way

Re: #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. by lomprico(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Akube1z:

how is #1 blasphemy? 1-3 is trash!

you are a zombie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Witchcraft Conference: CAN Fixes Prayer Conference On The Same Date / Fire Outbreak At Catholic Church In Anambra, One Dead (photos) / Bribe My Angels, If You Want My Grace To Work For You- Pastor To Members (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.