Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? (260 Views)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Make Nigeria Better? / Mineral Sector Can Make Nigeria Great – Bawa Bwari / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by onasokhare(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
If you're asking this it means you genuinely want to make this country a better place. I, as a matter of fact want this country to be a better place too. But do you know what the issue is? How many of people like you and me can we find in Nigeria?

You and I are a living witness of what the kind of people Nigerians are. Most Nigerians don't care about anyone else but themselves. Many Nigerians has lost hope so they do little or nothing to improve Nigeria it self.

Many of people whom I know believe we are all thieves in Nigeria, these people believe no matter who you are you will steal the people's money when you get to power. They said and I quote “we are all thieves in Nigeria”. Their claim was that when they get to power themselves they will steal the money meant for the masses.

This idealism annoys me so much that when they make such statement that “we are all thieves” in Nigeria, I will ask them “and your father?” But guess what, they get offended. I remember one of them whose mother was a politician made the same stupid statement so I bluntly ask if his mum too was a thieve, after all she's already holding a political post. He started defending his mum. What an hypocrite.

What other says is that as long as their family is doing fine they don't care about Nigeria. In a nutshell our mindset is completely corrupt and filled with negativities.

Now coming to your question “How do I make Nigeria better”.

You can make Nigeria better if you make yourself a better person
You can make Nigeria better when you wish for others what you wish for yourself
When you stop favouring someone because you're of the same tribe
When you stop taking any giving bribes
When you stop being pessimistic and start being optimistic
When you strictly play your role as a Nigerian
When you invest your money in innovative ideas
By identifying problems and turning them into business
By becoming an entrepreneur
By creating jobs for the unemployed
By becoming a charitable millionaire/billionaire
By being selfless rather than selfish
By not being an hypocrite
By not running out of the country to develop other people's economy when yours is collapsing
By believing in yourself and being relentlessly
By perseverance and lastly
Being a patriotic Nigerian
These are they ways that I know and I hope it helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by incogni2o: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
BY VOTING TRUMP grin

On a more serious note, two things

PRAYER AND REPENTANCE.

Tell me anything else, and I know you are naive

1 Like

Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by onasokhare(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
incogni2o:
BY VOTING TRUMP grin

PRAYER AND REPENTANCE.

Do you really think prayer and repentance is the way for Nigeria?
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by Sundrus: 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Na great people dey make any place great...show me the great men for Nigeria.
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by GallantDuke(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
By voting out corrupt leaders and not voting in new ones
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by jumper524(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
incogni2o:
BY VOTING TRUMP grin
PRAYER AND REPENTANCE.
repentance? YES!! Prayer? No!!
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by jumper524(m): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
GallantDuke:
By voting out corrupt leaders and not voting in new ones
majority of the masses has accepted curtoption as the way.
even those who can feed would still loot those who barely feeds and the masses would be sentimental in their head by restricting their potentials to just 2 party..
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by Pecuman: 1:30am On Oct 28, 2020
Let us talk about Social incentives because that guides most of human behaviour.

What exactly are the social incentives to be any of that?

You are honest you just make yourself vunrable in Nigeria.
You refuse to take bribe you remain poor.
You try and invest in the quickly growing IT sector SARS or is it now SWAP will arrest you
You try and invest in industry, NAFDAC, SOC and the rest will call all the bribe until your business fail.

The Nigerian project was always destined to fail. I just hope I am not on board when it does.
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by incogni2o: 2:11am On Oct 28, 2020
onasokhare:

Do you really think prayer and repentance is the way for Nigeria?

What else if not ?
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by Chiedu4Trump: 2:18am On Oct 28, 2020
Nigeria is DEAD
Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:23am On Oct 28, 2020
Not in our lifetime.
Only in our dreams.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Make Nigeria Great???? by MosheDayan: 4:29am On Oct 28, 2020
[s]
onasokhare:
If you're asking this it means you genuinely want to make this country a better place. I, as a matter of fact want this country to be a better place too. But do you know what the issue is? How many of people like you and me can we find in Nigeria?

You and I are a living witness of what the kind of people Nigerians are. Most Nigerians don't care about anyone else but themselves. Many Nigerians has lost hope so they do little or nothing to improve Nigeria it self.

Many of people whom I know believe we are all thieves in Nigeria, these people believe no matter who you are you will steal the people's money when you get to power. They said and I quote “we are all thieves in Nigeria”. Their claim was that when they get to power themselves they will steal the money meant for the masses.

This idealism annoys me so much that when they make such statement that “we are all thieves” in Nigeria, I will ask them “and your father?” But guess what, they get offended. I remember one of them whose mother was a politician made the same stupid statement so I bluntly ask if his mum too was a thieve, after all she's already holding a political post. He started defending his mum. What an hypocrite.

What other says is that as long as their family is doing fine they don't care about Nigeria. In a nutshell our mindset is completely corrupt and filled with negativities.

Now coming to your question “How do I make Nigeria better”.

You can make Nigeria better if you make yourself a better person
You can make Nigeria better when you wish for others what you wish for yourself
When you stop favouring someone because you're of the same tribe
When you stop taking any giving bribes
When you stop being pessimistic and start being optimistic
When you strictly play your role as a Nigerian
When you invest your money in innovative ideas
By identifying problems and turning them into business
By becoming an entrepreneur
By creating jobs for the unemployed
By becoming a charitable millionaire/billionaire
By being selfless rather than selfish
By not being an hypocrite
By not running out of the country to develop other people's economy when yours is collapsing
By believing in yourself and being relentlessly
By perseverance and lastly
Being a patriotic Nigerian
These are they ways that I know and I hope it helps.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

On SARS & ENDSARS - Tolu Ogunlesi / #endsars Looting: Kogi Police Command Parade Fifty-six Suspects. / We Have The Footage Of The Lekki Shooting, LCC Tells Judicial Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.