Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

"My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This (1996 Views)

The Cousin My Mum Brought To My House Has Destroyed My Son / Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good evening fellow N/Landers,

I write this with a heavy heart tired of being always been striped of what I and my family laboured for. My house has been burgled yet again - for the umpteenth time. Only just noticed that the flat screen tv , generator tools and my creams have gone missing. We are yet to discover all.
The community is aware of all this but they seem to like minding their business until it affects them. We v done all we could to salvage this matter but all to no avail. At first, we thought it was because we didn't put up a fence. Dad and mum had to squeeze out money to put up a fence coupled with a dog but all to no avail. They 'v basically stolen all valuables in our house that dad is scared of even buying anything in the house. Items ranging from pumping machine, generators, clothes, phones, TVs etc have all been stolen.
Our own home is not even safe for us. We are even scared of keeping our valuables at home. My brother's files containing all his documents was even stolen and right now I m scared of someone setting us all up.
Please guys, I really need urgent advice before this consumes me. This is beyond me. My family is in need of your help right now please.
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by youngsahito(m): 12:09am On Oct 28, 2020
Maryjane001:

I write this with a heavy heart tired of being always been striped of what I and my family laboured for. My house has been burgled yet again - for the umpteenth time. Only just noticed that the flat screen tv , generator tools and my creams have gone missing. We are yet to discover all.
The community is aware of all this but they seem to like minding their business until it affects them. We v done all we could to salvage this matter but all to no avail. At first, we thought it was because we didn't put up a fence. Dad and mum had to squeeze out money to put up a fence coupled with a dog but all to no avail. They 'v basically stolen all valuables in our house that dad is scared of even buying anything in the house. Items ranging from pumping machine, generators, clothes, phones, TVs etc have all been stolen.
Our own home is not even safe for us. We are even scared of keeping our valuables at home. My brother's files containing all his documents was even stolen and right now I m scared of someone setting us all up.
Please guys, I really need urgent advice before this consumes me. This is beyond me. My family is in need of your help right now please.
where is the location before I can comment more.you have to report to the nearest police station then meet any of the community head also and if they feel less concerned just ignore them. either you get a ruthless dog and install a CCTV as that lady has advised. Do they come in the evening or afternoon?

1 Like

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 28, 2020
youngsahito:
where is the location before I can comment more.
Badagry to be precise

1 Like

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by ladyF(f): 12:10am On Oct 28, 2020
Why not put cctv. You can get the one that notifies you when motion is detected.

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by PAWG(m): 12:30am On Oct 28, 2020
This one is strong sha. It’s really a pity, you guys should be brave and hopeful because it’ll surely pass.

Do you reside in an urban area, outskirts or rural area? Shit like this happens when you’re the only ‘rich’ man in the hood; you become the target of every thief.

If it is a sparsely habited area, that could be another issue, you need neighbors.

I remember once in PH when my cousin and her family moved to a new house they built, they were targeted and were robbed constantly. They had to abandon the house and rented an apartment in a more populated area. It took them 5 years to return, that’s after other people began to build in that area.

If you guys can afford it you can install battery powered cctv, the ones that have memory cards you can lift to review its footage. Get external hands to install it at hidden places, not people who live around, they might be the very culprits you’re trying to catch and would jettison your plans.

Invite your relatives to come live with you guys for a while and monitor the situation. It’ll be more difficult for thieves to break in when you always have people around.

Otherwise hire a security guard, from outside of the hood of course, before he starts colluding with the thieves.

You can change your door locks and install very loud tamper proof alarms to alert people whenever there’s an attempt to intrude.

You could also get more dogs and train them to be unfriendly and wild, that’s very key.

Truth be told, there’s no easy solution. You just have to cheer up and be positive, don’t lose hope, the perpetrator(s) are likely people that know your family well and live close.

They must’ve terrorized you guys badly. Take heart.

*******Some Deltan family dealt with us way back in FESTAC till we had to move. Those guys duplicated our keys and had easy access to our house whenever we went out, it was hell. Their dad even used to peep at my sisters early in the morning when they’re bathing or dressing up, omor Lagos no be place. We had to move to a better part of town.

If your parents can afford it, Move out of the area for good to a safer area.

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by alpharoyalty: 12:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Two things, you might need to get your own security, some areas are like that, they wont want to take security issue serious until it affects them.
Get your own security or move out of that place for sometime, life is more important than anything in this world. I have seen people rent houses in a safer place due to issues like this.
Before it affects life or causes more havoc. May God protect you and yout family

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 28, 2020
Seems like the perpetrator(s) could be someone/people you know. Get a good CCTV and make sure y'all don't tell anyone you're putting cameras in your home.

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Install a CCTV because it's likely that the rat wey dey come chop una crayfish na hood rat.

For you guys to be targeted all the time says a lot so get the CCTV and see things for yourself.

1 Like

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by austine4real(m): 5:46am On Oct 28, 2020
Done by someone that knows u very we

1 Like

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by s2day2: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2020
DM me for CCTV camera installation, We can also installed Solar powered CCTV cameras

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by stacyadams: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2020
Maryjane001:

Please guys, I really need urgent advice before this consumes me. This is beyond me. My family is in need of your help right now

please.
angry grin buy a bull dog or a very wicked German dog,, buy CCTV, , buy a pump action, , Employ me as ur security, , grin...plus packs of Benson and hedges, .if them com ur compound again,,make I bath naked

2 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Omakraid(f): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2020
Do you have people living with you asides your siblings, it seems like an inside job to me. If having a dog doesn't change the situation, then the dog might be familiar with whoever is moving those items.
Moreover, what would a thief want to do with personal documents if it's not someone that is bent on seeing the family go down. Try and make friends with people on your street even if its just smiling at them and greeting them, from there you might get a good Samaritan who has seen something and would think you deserve to know about it.
Getting cameras are also good but don't let people close to the vicinity fix it. And its also good that you and your family flaunt whatever you have less.
God will keep your family and shield you from further unwanted occurrences

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by frozen70(f): 1:49am On Oct 29, 2020
Maryjane001:

You didn't state if its a new site you guys packed to

You did not mentioned if the incident happens when all of you goes out for you daily breed or when you guys are at home

Are your neighbors experiencing the same thing

Give us more insight about the area and location

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by bdchange(m): 5:41am On Oct 29, 2020
frozen70:

You did not mentioned if the incident happens when all of you goes out for you daily breed or when you guys are at home

I am guessing it might be a new site in which the houses are usually isolated from one another. The perpetrators might be familiar foes like others have suggested. I will advise to just get security for yourself.

1 Like

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Florblu(f): 7:42am On Oct 29, 2020
We experienced this when my parent newly moved into their house. Below are the measures put in place:

1. The community should get guard/guards securing the area.

2. Let your dad or at least a man stay at home secretly while they observe movements in your neighborhood

My dad had to embark on a month leave to monitor our environment before we later discovered the perpetrators are children of the community leaders.
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 29, 2020
frozen70:

Yes it is still a new site. Badagry, Oko-afo side. Actually we v lived here for about a decade now and this burglary incidences started last year.
Although we have neighbors, my own house has been most targeted in the area. We hardly stay at home. My siblings go to school and come back in d evening. While I and my parents go to work and come back late at night.
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by sisisioge: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2020
Maryjane001:

Yes it is still a new site. Badagry, Oko-afo side. Actually we v lived here for about a decade now and this burglary incidences started last year.
Although we have neighbors, my own house has been most targeted in the area. We hardly stay at home. My siblings go to school and come back in d evening. While I and my parents go to work and come back late at night.

1. Get gateman
2. Increase the number of fierce dogs
3. Get CCTV

If these fail, just move. Thieves that steal creams and cloths are probably low cost teenage thieves. Once had an experience where someone enters my apartment and eats my candies, drink my milk and generally ransacked my fridge. After the third occurrence I left the lil burglar a note and upgraded my locks. Issue resolved.

3 Likes

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by johhbekeboh09: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Why dont you suspect your wife or some of your children responsible for the thefts
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by mekzyjoe(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Maryjane001:

Where in oko afo,cos I stay around white house/cooperative area..? Tell me
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
mekzyjoe:

Where in oko afo,cos I stay around white house/cooperative area..? Tell me
Oke-ira, ilogbo.
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Ishilove: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
Maryjane001, Invest in two male Rottweilers and train them not to accept food from outsiders. The one we had was a one-man riot squad and when he barked, the whole neighborhood shook. Day and night he patrolled and nothing could invade our space. Even rats kept away (no joke).

1 Like

Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by frozen70(f): 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
Maryjane001:

So sorry about that pls
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by nams77: 4:26am On Oct 30, 2020
Maryjane001:

Get a terrible dog and maybe CCTV.
If I be your dad, I for also include a remington 12 guage shotgun or my new crush the Winchester wildcat rifle grin i love that gun....light, flexible bullet arrangements and beautiful aesthetic.
By the time somebody collect bullet, fear no go allow them come again.
In summary, get a terrible dog
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by tobechi74: 5:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Sorryooo
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2020
Maryjane001:

There is nothing you can do.
Re: "My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This by RedPhoenix: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2020
Badagry. No solution than to move out. They envy you

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Like And Hate About This Forum? / The Excesses On the List Of Marriage Registry In Abk L. Ga. / Former Governor Arrested In The UK For Beating Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.