Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,734 members, 7,844,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions (11591 Views)

Police Bans Protests, Gatherings & Processions In Lagos State / Lagos Police Command Bans Protests, Rallies On October 1 / Imo Police Bans Protests 24 Hours To Supreme Court Judgement Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Chicastle: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
Government has no right to ban protest because it's the people's right

The Governor is not the owner of the state
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by IAMPEDRO: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
etokhana:
NIGER STATE GOVERNMENT BAN PROTESTS AND ALL FORMS OF PROCESSIONS

https://twitter.com/MP_Muye/status/1321721441633665026?s=19
I do I find myself here o...... ban citizens from speaking up? Even when they're danger?
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by SexytorresE(f): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
Anyway I’m. It surprised, all the roads are blocked
dragunov:

You hope it works......
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Amazingodii(m): 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
Political illiterates
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Jmk9292:
Hmmm. That's totally out of place. Protests in a democracy it's an inalienable right. We must get it right.
There was a country

You guys always expect much from Nigeria. governments. Common sense is a height too great for them to reach.
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Icetech:
It doesn't make sense at all.
Not making sense is the bedrock policy of any Nigerian government.
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by pacespot(m): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
I often feel Nigeria has been hijacked by terrorists. The truth will soon open our eyes clearly. And they call this democracy?
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Jmk9292(m): 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=HedwigesMaduro post=95472652]

You guys always expect much from Nigeria. governments. Common sense is a height too great for them to reach.[/quote

It's terrible.
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Aguogba(m): 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Does Niger state, running and performing according to the system of government and stipulations of the constitution have the sole right of banning protests?

No.

Inhibition of protests is an infringement of human right.
are you for real? Even the constitution has no power to ban protest. That is the fundamental right democracy bestows on the citizens. It is not negotiable.
When ECOWAS and UN and other international organizations sanction and criminalize military regimes, the sole aim is to make it possible for the citizens to challenge their government through peaceful protests, press freedom and the ability to choose their leaders through elections.

Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Aguogba(m): 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
Even the constitution has no power to ban protest. That is the fundamental right democracy bestows on the citizens. It is not negotiable.
When ECOWAS and UN and other international organizations sanction and criminalize military regimes, the sole aim is to make it possible for the citizens to challenge their government through peaceful protests, press freedom and the ability to choose their leaders through elections.
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by gift2xl: 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2020
They are talking there own. U don't have right to ban protest. But u can put out guide lines for peaceful protest. Uneducated ppl. Because the youths kep quite all this while, you take them for a fool.
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by mobi99(m): 11:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
a full blown revolution is about to be born... believe me this time around even the North will join.... then we will have no choice than to either burn this country to ashes or beget a new nation thru revolution... cus u can't beat me and force me not to cry.. never!!! ����
Re: Niger State Bans Protests And All Forms Of Processions by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
1984 loading. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPP Crisis Worsens As Kwankwaso-backed Faction Expels BoT Chair, Others / Nnamdi Kanu Of Radio Biafra Storms U.S Ahead Of Buhari's Visit / See What Rev. Uma Ukpai Said About #biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.