Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan (1542 Views)

LPPC Approves Conferment Of SAN On 21 Lawyers. List Dominated By S.west& S.east / Presidency Caught Showcasing Kwankwaso’s Projects As GEJ'sAchievements In N-West / Water May Wipe Out Parts Of S/west, S/south – Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by jason123: 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan is seriously worried over the voting population in the Northwest and Southwest geo-political zones ahead of the upcoming general elections.

Daily Trust gathered yesterday that the meeting which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate had with Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) on Sunday night at Legacy House considered the census figures and the voting population from the two zones which are seen as crucial in the race for the position of president of Nigeria.

It was learnt that the current influence of Congress for Progressive Change in the Northwest and Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the Southwest was giving the Jonathan’s campaign team a cause for concern.

The meeting, it was gathered, expressed fears over the recently released figures of registered voters by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The rally of CPC presidential candidate General Muhammadu Buhari in Kaduna, which is considered as the centre point of political activities in the Northwest, was said to have sent a warning message to the ruling PDP whose first outing in Nasarawa State was marred by poor attendance and the show of indignation with the presidential campaign.

The meeting, it was further learnt, considered various ways to salvage the threatening situation in the two zones.

In the released figure of the registered voters, Lagos topped with 6.108 million voters; Ogun, 1.941 million; Osun, 1.193 million; Oyo, 2.572 million; Ondo, 1.616 million while in the North West where CPC is strong, Kaduna recorded 3.9 million voters; Kano; 5.07 million; Kebbi, 1.6 million; Jigawa, 2.013 million and Zamfara, 1.824 million.

Daily Trust gathered that the meeting attended by former Director General of IBB 2011 Presidential Campaign Organisation Chief Raymond Dopkesi also discussed the security issues at PDP campaign rallies in the wake of Suleja bomb blast, funding of campaign to ensure that PCC sub-committees function as expected ahead of the grand rally at Eagles Square in Abuja on Saturday, March 26.

Chief Dokpesi, who is a member of the PCC publicity committee and resource person to the campaign council, drove into Legacy House at 6.32pm on Sunday in a black Toyota Camry saloon car with registration number Abuja BH 684 GWA.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13615:nwest-swests-voting-population-worries-jonathan&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by 9ijaMan: 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
Now they know they are up against the choice and voice of the people.

[center][size=25pt]VOTE BB 2011[/size] for a better 9ja[/center]
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by seanet02: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2011
He can for all i care bang his head on the wall if he is truly concerned. Bloody mofo
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by jason123: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2011
GEJ will find this election a bit difficult WITHOUT rigging it.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
Yorubas are not voting for him,the hausa/fulanis are not voting for him.how is he intending to win without rigging ?
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by ekubear1: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yorubas are not voting for him,the hausa/fulanis are not voting for him.how is he intending to win without rigging ?

GEJ needs to cut a deal with the SW. . . fast. Otherwise he is going to lose.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2011
This is the least of what the "Rascals" and the "Almajiri's" can do grin grin grin

wetin mumu see wey e dey  shout for market?? just wait until few days to election his 6 personal physician will be working 24/7 with multiple barometers.

I dey laugh ooo! grin grin grin
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Becomrichn: 1:14am On Mar 12, 2011
ther
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by kodewrita(m): 10:29am On Mar 12, 2011
Stop daydreaming. the south west may vote for other parties for other posts but for the presidential post, they will vote Jonathan. they are pragmatic and do not want to always be in the opposition. they will vote wisely not because they like him but because he'll win regardless.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by ekubear1: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2011
^-- If the SW votes overwhelmingly against GEJ, then the PDP then becomes the opposition. ACN and CPC becomes mainstream.

SW is the kingmaker in this election. Why just follow GEJ or PDP without extracting concessions?

Makes zero sense.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Pharoh: 10:40am On Mar 12, 2011
eku_bear:

SW is the kingmaker in this election. Why just follow GEJ or PDP without extracting concessions?

What kind of concessions do you want to seek?, nobody will cut any fucking deal with the southwest trust me.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by kodewrita(m): 10:42am On Mar 12, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- If the SW votes overwhelmingly against GEJ, then the PDP then becomes the opposition. ACN and CPC becomes mainstream.

Makes zero sense.

Who else will they vote for? Buhari? Ribadu?

neither of the two is even remotely attractive to the major populace. Utomi (who i happen to like) is also not there too. PDP's win is a shoo-in in this case.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by ekubear1: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2011
^-- if you say so. I guess we'll see in a short time who was correct. I'd suggest looking at the #s a bit before making your guess. Some other posters here have done some interesting analysis. Analysis of this sort seems to be what is motivating the decisions of the major players. So likely isn't too far off from reality.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Johndoe100(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2011
It never fails to amaze me how st. upid the haters on NL are.

[size=28pt]Do you think that you knew the voters figures before the PDP led GOVERNMENT?

DO YOU THINK THEY ARE JUST STRATEGISING 2 OR 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE ELECTION?

PLEASE GROW A BRAIN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
[/size]
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Udevex: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2011
I wonder why people keep deceiving themselves. The SW will vote GEJ overwhelmingly, forget about what internet warriors that don't even know where MMA is. lol
Votes in Oyo will go massively PDP and the most densely populated parts of Lagos (eg Ajegunle) will vote massively for GEJ.

The average rewire and vulcaniser has never heard of Buhari and will never vote Ribadu. So, who is looking to cut deals from some phantom position? lol!
Cut deals with who anyway? With a drug pusher? You guys gat to be kidding!
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by kodewrita(m): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2011
U de vex?:

I wonder why people keep deceiving themselves. The SW will vote GEJ overwhelmingly, forget about what internet warriors that don't even know where MMA is. lol
Votes in Oyo will go massively PDP and the most densely populated parts of Lagos (eg Ajegunle) will vote massively for GEJ.

The average rewire and vulcaniser has never heard of Buhari and will never vote Ribadu. So, who is looking to cut deals from some phantom position? lol!
Cut deals with who anyway? With a drug pusher? You guys gat to be kidding!

English Comprehension is an issue. You just spent two paragraphs agreeing with me. I said both ribadu and buhari are not in contention and I also said the SW will vote GEJ.

Try reading deeply before posting and apply the same level of thoughtful action to other areas of life. its wisdom.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Udevex: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2011
^
I don't recall replying you anywhere. What are you talking about?
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Blazay(m): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2011
At least we always know where the N/West stands at all times.
That S/West is a different kettle of fish entirely.
Genetic malformation which can NEVER be trusted.
Poor Jonathan.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by asorocker: 11:02am On Mar 12, 2011
Plz what happened to operation Totality could it be that operation Totality was to Lure Gej to contest and after he has declared then betray him by fielding VPs to Buhari and Ribadu.

We hope the operation totality will not end up as abandoned oil wells ( abandoned property)
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by ekubear1: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2011
Blazay:

Poor Jonathan.

*shrug*

No common interest with any of the main candidates. Why support any of them blindly? Only a fool would do such.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by nduchucks: 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2011
It is not looking good for GEJ, the race will be tight and GEJ cannot be sure of getting a majority of the votes. If GEJ pulls this off, I would not be surprised if the legistators amend the constitution to enable an electoral college to pick the president, thus reducing the power of the electorate (the American style).

I will not count the Northern politicians out just yet, they've been outsmarting those of other regions ever since we became independent. Those who thought GEJ's misdeed of not honouring the PDP gentleman's agreement of power rotation was sufficient to checkmate the Northern superior political strategists, should think again.

Frankly, I'd welcome a Buhari presidency which would send many of the worst looters on self exile or prison. The choice of Bakare by Buhari may be the most informed decision to have been made by the Buhari team. With the understanding that Ribadu has no chance of winning, I reluctanly declare, SAI BUHARI!
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by gbengress1: 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2011
Becomrichn:

there is fraud involve in it. ekiti is more populated than imo state.

oyo state is the most populated state in nigeria, not lagos state. lagos is second.

Oyo state most populated in Nigeria?This is absurd.Am hearing this 4d first time
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by 9ijaMan: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

It is not looking good for GEJ, the race will be tight and GEJ cannot be sure of getting a majority of the votes. If GEJ pulls this off, I would not be surprised if the legistators amend the constitution to enable an electoral college to pick the president, thus reducing the power of the electorate (the American style).

I will not count the Northern politicians out just yet, they've been outsmarting those of other regions ever since we became independent. Those who thought GEJ's misdeed of not honouring the PDP gentleman's agreement of power rotation was sufficient to checkmate the Northern superior political strategists, should think again.

Frankly, I'd welcome a Buhari presidency which would send many of the worst looters on self exile or prison. The choice of Bakare by Buhari may be the most informed decision to have been made by the Buhari team. With the understanding that Ribadu has no chance of winning, I reluctanly declare, SAI BUHARI!
Welcome to the fold of progressives. Please join us in spreading the message.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by jason123: 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2011
Blazay:

Poor Jonathan.

After calling them rascals?? Yeah, some of them have a right not to support gej!
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Blazay(m): 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2011
jason123:

After calling them rascals?? Yeah, some of them have a right not to support gej!

Who are 'them'? undecided

I am happy Jonathan is getting a dose of his own medicine.
That was how Atiku was misquoted when the made his famous JFK speech.
Did he actually call them rascals? All of them? No. He referred to certain undesirable elements within the Nigerian polity. Yes, and rightfully so.
The only problem is that he excluded himself from the rascally pack, since one of the real 'rascals' put him in office as a puppet on strings.
The simple task of reading is the easiest part and often ends there.
Comprehension is more challenging.
See case in point below:

eku_bear:

*shrug*

No common interest with any of the main candidates. Why support any of them blindly? Only a fool would do such.

[size=20pt]Kpo-wai!!!![/size] ([/b]gun-shot salute signifying irrelevance and total lack of comprehension).
From what you have written up there, it is my utmost wish that NL should be made a drug-free, cyber zone SOME DAY. That includes the use of cigarettes of any kind with the slightest nicotine content or the consumption of any alcoholic beverage with the least ethanol content for the [b]severely inebriated
like yourself. kiss
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2011
jason123:

Where you there at the moment he called them such a name?.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by naso2(m): 12:19am On Mar 13, 2011
jason123:

Some guys need to go back to school. Can you post the actual statement of GEJ and explain how a supposedly educated folk like you came up with your conclusion?
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by jason123: 12:45am On Mar 13, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Where you there at the moment he called them such a name?.
na_so:

Some guys need to go back to school. Can you post the actual statement of GEJ and explain how a supposedly educated folk like you came up with your conclusion?

GEJ said,""We must take over all the states in the South-West. This zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascal.""
Now, there are only 2 major parties in the SW, PDP AND ACN. He was certainly not referring to his PDP colleagues. We are left with ACN, ACN has 4 states in the SW and they are loved by their people. So who was GEJ referring to as rascals? The ACN governor and chieftains ( that is, if you two want to be honest). Now, if the governors and chieftains are rascals, it means the electorates that voted them in are rascals, isn't it That was why most people hated the president's comment and unfortunately for him, it was politicised.

Moreover, who are the rascals?? Fashola and the ekiti governor OR Akala and OGD?

Thos who live in a glass house should not throw stones.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by Blazay(m): 1:23am On Mar 13, 2011
What an interpretation. embarassed

Jonathan used the term 'rascal' as in generally-speaking especially when it is general knowledge that the South West truly practice the politics of "AMALA AND EWEDU"(the ONLY food for the god fathers of ALL rascals like Pa Adedibu and OBJ). wink

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/rascal

NOUN:

1. One that is playfully mischievous.
2. An unscrupulous, dishonest person; a scoundrel.

So, why are Fashola and co over-reacting with such a harmless expression? undecided

Please, see the definition of the term rascal and tell us if the term does not relate to the activities of the SW politicians ESPECIALLY in Nigeria.

Cheers!
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by monkeyleg: 1:26am On Mar 13, 2011
Its a shame, that the typical Nigerian, including some on here have quickly turned this whole election thing into North Vs South. It should be about issues and policies of which the most damaging of all is corruption. Really if Nigerians can leave sentiments aside and focus on issues, there is really no basis for considering Goodluck, absoluetly none. But as usual the typical naija fella is politically lazy
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by naso2(m): 1:56am On Mar 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

Its a shame, that the typical Nigerian, including some on here have quickly turned this whole election thing into North Vs South. It should be about issues and policies of which the most damaging of all is corruption. Really if Nigerians can leave sentiments aside and focus on issues, there is really no basis for considering Goodluck, absoluetly none. But as usual the typical naija fella is politically lazy

This is my problem with most of you. On the one hand you say people should look at the candidates and vote wisely, and on the other hand you seem to be saying if you are considering jonathan then you politically lazy. And i ask how?

The main item Buhari says he is bringing to the table is a corruption free Nigeria and people have started asking why PTF was not corruption free, and if a relatively small organisation like PTF could not be managed, then how will he be able to manage the entire nation.

You are saying tribe should not come in to the equation and may be you are right, but people are asking why 42% of all PTF projects went to Buhari's NW region ?

Abeg vote you own and allow others decide for themselves.
Re: N/west, S/west’s Voting Population Worries Jonathan by ekubear1: 3:59am On Mar 13, 2011
Blazay:

[size=20pt]Kpo-wai!!!![/size] ([/b]gun-shot salute signifying irrelevance and total lack of comprehension).
From what you have written up there, it is my utmost wish that NL should be made a drug-free, cyber zone SOME DAY. That includes the use of cigarettes of any kind with the slightest nicotine content or the consumption of any alcoholic beverage with the least ethanol content for the [b]severely inebriated
like yourself. kiss

Interesting response. Seems far more applicable to yourself though, does it not? You've added absolutely no value, no content, no analysis. Just mad ramblings and imitative words (kpo-wai) like this is a 60s episode of Batman and Robin.

Ultimately you have no real point and have said nothing. However, it is a free country. . . carry on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola / Did The World End In Your Neck Of The Woods Yet? / 1,000 ACN, CPC members join PDP in Edo State to fight against ACN(Adams Oshiomhole)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.