Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola (1541 Views)

Akeredolu Will Transform Ondo, Says Fashola / Boko Haram Sympathisers In Cabinet Says Jonathan Goodluck / Nigerian Cabinet Says President Not Incapable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by aloyemeka2: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011

[size=14pt]
More Igbo, Hausa slots in next cabinet, says Fashola
[/size]

By Kamal Tayo Oropo and Seye Olumide

, Flays FG Over Rice Import

More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola

advertisement

LAGOS State governor, Babatunde Fashola, has assured thousands of indigenes from the South-South, South East and the Northern Nigeria that they would continue to remain relevant in his government in the next political dispensation.

Speaking at the International Trade Fair Ground during a rally organised by the Igbo United Political Coalition, consisting Igbo indigenes resident in Lagos, Fashola said his government has shown in the last four years that "we are a government for everybody, not a government for the Yorubas alone."

He assured that his cabinet, if re-elected at the April 9 gubernatorial polls would consist of the best brains in the state, regardless of ethnic or religious leanings.

Addressing the crowd at the rally, Fashola promised to deliver moredividends of democracy to the people in the next four years, reminding that his administration has delivered on promises it made to the people before the 2007 elections.

Meanwhile, Fashola has flayed the Federal Government over the statement credited to the Governor of Central Bank, Alhaji Lamido Sanusi, that the country spent N155 billion on rice importation last year.

Fashola blamed the situation on bad policies of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) administration in the last 12 years.

At a campaign by the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Ikeja yesterday, He said it would be disastrous to allow the PDP lead the country for another four years.

"If an administration can afford to squander such a huge amount on importation of food item that we can produce here, then there is no need returning that government to power. It is time we take our destiny in our hands and the best opportunity we have is the April election. Go out en mass and vote PDP out of power," he said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/20/11.html
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by AndreUweh(m): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2011
The Itsekiri, Nupe and Kanuris should also be considered.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by aloyemeka2: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I wonder o.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by mrperfect(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2011
Andre Uweh:

I think He meant that too as he might not naming all the tribe in the country.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:07am On Mar 22, 2011
hmmmmm. . .

(guess nothing has started)
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by Beaf: 12:22am On Mar 22, 2011
I guess the reality of 42% of the population being Igbo and another xx% being Northerners and yet another xx% being from the SS is beginning to sink in.

Well, my Ajegunle SS massive, mek una wake up! Day don break o! Time to begin hansa una papa name. cool
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by EzeUche2(m): 1:38am On Mar 22, 2011
Seems like the man is listening to Ohanaeze's "suggestion" after all. Where are my Yoruba comrades? grin
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by Chyz2: 3:43am On Mar 22, 2011
Interesting. Good development. The face of Lagos is really restructuring. After fashola's 2nd tenure is almost to an end, i see the governorship campaign really looking different or diverse.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by seanet02: 3:54am On Mar 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Interesting. Good development. The face of Lagos is really restructuring. After fashola's 2nd tenure is almost to an end, i see the governorship campaign really looking different or diverse.
And where did he mentioned more posts for ibos and hausas in the report? He only talked about giving positions to the best hands and the definitely abounds in the YORUBA race.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:56am On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

I guess the reality of. . . another xx% being from the SS is beginning to sink in.

Good luck with that.   undecided
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by Chyz2: 4:06am On Mar 22, 2011
seanet02:

And where did he mentioned more posts for ibos and hausas in the report? He only talked about giving positions to the best hands and the definitely abounds in the YORUBA race.

Still trying to figure out where i said anything about Igbos or Hausas. undecidedYour making your fears and insecurity apparent.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by sbeezy8: 4:15am On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

I guess the reality of 42% of the population being Igbo and another xx% being Northerners and yet another xx% being from the SS is beginning to sink in.

Well, my Ajegunle SS massive, mek una wake up! Day don break o! Time to begin hansa una papa name. cool

you must drunk at ibos 42%, SS #%, Hausa#% of lagos - are there no more yoruba people going to lagos? have they died off or they no longer have children ? have they left Lagos to yankee or jand?

where have all the yoruba people who live in lagos gone?

youprobably never lived in lagos . . .  anyway
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by sbeezy8: 4:18am On Mar 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

Seems like the man is listening to Ohanaeze's "suggestion" after all. Where are my Yoruba comrades? grin

another drunk man OBSESSED WITH LAGOS - he said more slot for ibo and hausa this one translates it to being ohanezes suggestion

he being fashola was also with hausas

[size=13pt]Arewa community backs Fashola[/size]
Arewa community in Lagos State yesterday endorsed Governor Babatunde Fashola for a second term at a special rally in Kosofe, Lagos East District.

The members of the community, under the umbrella of the Arewa Political United Forum (APUF), presented its leader, Alhaji Mohammadu Dandamma Yabo, to the governor.

They said Alhaji Kabiru Ahmed was not the Arewa ACN leader.

Fashola stormed the Centre for Development (CMD) Playground in Shangisha around 1:45 pm.

He was accompanied by his running mate, Mrs Joke Orelope-Adefulire, Alhaji Gbenga Ashafa, Bosun Jeje, Dayo Alebiosu, and Jibayo Adeyeye.

The governor was received by Yabo, Alhaji Garuba Chede, Alhaji Shettima Yerima, Mrs Sidi Ali, Haruna Dabba and Ishak Sulaeiman.

Community spokesman Suleiman said: "Nine hundred and seventy thousand northerners registered in Lagos and we will deliver all the votes to ACN."

He hailed the governor for performing well in his first term.

Suleiman, however, said in return for the endorsement, the Arewa community demands slots in the cabinet, a new cemetery, protection from police brutality, and maltreatment of beggars, among others.

Dabba said: "We endorse you because of what you have been doing in this state. Your administration is masses-oriented.

‘’We feel the impact of security and social amenities in the state.

‘’There is peace, progress and stability. You are a model and other governors should emulate you."

Fashola thanked the group for living peacefully with other ethnic groups.

The governor them members to shun the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Labour Party (LP).

Fashola canvassed support for candidates of ACN, saying they were the best in the state and country.

He urged them to vote and defend their votes.

The governor said: "Vote and let the votes be counted before you leave. Shun violence."
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by seanet02: 4:20am On Mar 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Still trying to figure out where i said anything about Igbos or Hausas. undecidedYour making your fears and insecurity apparent.
This thread was about ibos and hausas. You felled for the fraudulent title don't you?
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by sbeezy8: 6:03am On Mar 22, 2011
[size=13pt]Lagos is center of Africa grin[/size]
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by sbeezy8: 6:21am On Mar 22, 2011
[size=13pt]Fashola for president 2015  grin[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/SsPRL2H-eaI/AAAAAAAAB4Q/KTrXneubQHk/s400/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/S0TG28vWzYI/AAAAAAAAZ-k/c6TU8y0nKk4/s400/Governor+of+Lagos+State+His+Excellency+Babatunde+Raji+Fashola,+ASA+and+Funmi+Iyanda.JPG[/img]

Fashola looks like hes the president and GEJ is a regular minister
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by ekubear1: 7:28am On Mar 22, 2011
Very mixed feelings about this. I'm mostly against it. . . but perhaps it isn't a bad idea.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by ekubear1: 7:39am On Mar 22, 2011
sbeezy8:

you must drunk at ibos 42%, SS #%, Hausa#% of lagos - are there no more yoruba people going to lagos? have they died off or they no longer have children ? have they left Lagos to yankee or jand?

youprobably never lived in lagos . . .  anyway

There is not a single LG in Lagos where even 35% of the population is Igbo. I asked someone who would know this very well.

It is mostly just propaganda. Don't mind it too much.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by EzeUche2(m): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
eku_bear:

There is not a single LG in Lagos where even 35% of the population is Igbo. I asked someone who would know this very well.

It is mostly just propaganda. Don't mind it too much.

That's a lie. A bold face lie. People must really doubt the Igbos numerical strength in places. It wont last that long though.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by ekubear1: 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
^-- Nah, it is the truth. Guy I talked to does market research stuff, so would know.

Feel free to mention any LGs you know where you think this is false, though.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by Beaf: 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
sbeezy8:

youprobably never lived in lagos . . . anyway

Dude, 42% Igbo is the figure from Tinubu's census. As for the xx% SS go to Ajegunle which houses 3million people. For the xx% Northern population, Apapa, Wharf, Ketu etc should convince you.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by jason123: 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, 42% Igbo is the figure from Tinubu's census. As for the xx% SS go to Ajegunle which houses 3million people. For the xx% Northern population, Apapa, Wharf, Ketu etc should convince you.

The question is, if 42% is igbo apart from other ethnic groups in Lagos, it CERTAINLY means the population of the yoruba is small. If that is the case, why can't an igbo man contest and win a SINGLE local government in Lagos not it talk about the whole state
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by Beaf: 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2011
jason123:

The question is, if 42% is igbo apart from other ethnic groups in Lagos, it CERTAINLY means the population of the yoruba is small. If that is the case, why can't an igbo man contest and win a SINGLE local government in Lagos not it talk about the whole state

Why should that concern me?
It is for the Igbo's to decide if they wish to go into active politics or if they are content with the hospitality of the Egun, Yoruba and other indegenious groups.

Get your answer from the Igbo's. But the facts of Lagos demographics are plain for all to see.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by bashr4: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
jason123:

because they are not intrested in southwest politics except for very few mischevious ones.
Re: More Igbo, Hausa Slots In Next Cabinet, Says Fashola by jason123: 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

Why should that concern me?
It is for the Igbo's to decide if they wish to go into active politics or if they are content with the hospitality of the Egun, Yoruba and other indegenious groups.

Get your answer from the Igbo's. But the facts of Lagos demographics are plain for all to see.

Okay!!!

bashr4:

because they are not intrested in southwest politics except for very few mischevious ones.

There is nothing wrong with it until they start forcing it. Most people do not care anymore, in my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

I Love Gej, But I Dnt Like Pdp / 64 Firms To Invest Over $25b In Lekki Free Trade Zone? / Nigerian Police And Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.