Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,526 members, 7,857,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" (34389 Views)

Defection: Ben Ayade To Know Fate On Friday / APC Governors Arrive Cross River To Persuade Ayade To Dump PDP / Kwara Govt. Slams Lai Mohammed, Says Uninformed About Governance In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Pacesetter123(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2020
Bluntguy:
Monarch trying to place himself above governor. He should be careful before Ayade will give him the treatment Gandollar gave Sanusi.
He wouldn't dare!
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Pacesetter123(m): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2020
hopilo:
They are the majority.
Yes,but the seat of government is in de land of minority.So they should call a short in government.
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Pacesetter123(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2020
witworth:
so na only call you and that spokesman for Ayade read in his words, we know people like you.
Blind follower supporter spotted.
grin grin
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Pacesetter123(m): 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
nsilordgmail:
Obudu people where Ayade is from mostly are proud and senseless people. They lack managerial skills and Ayade and my manager have proven that. They are 100% tribalistic too! Ayade is the worst governor Cross River has ever produced. He should just forget about his senatorial ambitions, he's dead politically
Senatorial ambition? Nah only him dey? De Senate wer im go b4 him bcom governor nah wetin?

2 Likes

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Bimpe29: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
That's where we are getting it wrong. So the Governor should not be told the truth because he is ranked above the monarch?
Bluntguy:
Monarch trying to place himself above governor. He should be careful before Ayade will give him the treatment Gandollar gave Sanusi.
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Dude you forget that politics is a game of numbers, and u know that central and northern cross riverians are very political, that's why elections is always hottest in those areas...

The so called Atam, have the numbers, if you want to play ethnic politics, efiks will never smell that seat...

more than 60 % of the Calabar population is Atam and also have larger towns and communities in the Central and north....
Imagine the population

The fact is Ayade knows nothing about governance.

Ayade tutu nkpong no be una talk am.. cheesy

60% of calabar is atam?
I've seen deluded people but your own is disgusting o I no go lie. Go Marian market or watt market or even gbogobri and speak any atam language if anybody go hear u, you just like deluding Yourself, I blame the efiks for allowing you guys to grow wings, prior to state creation all of you were in your Bushes, when ibibios and Annang left you all ran to calabar. Cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by exposition: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Truth be told the fight between the so called atams and the Efiks had always bothered on inferiority complex!
And this thread has proved it!

The Efiks are too advanced and classy for these bunch of raw untamed set
They have made calabar so dirty that I weep for that state!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by chriscrosss(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
The same I too know is killing Nigeria now... Let him be and you face your obong title..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ebenezer202I:
[s][/s] SHUT UP THERE.
The Efiks are a minority in Cross River, the whole Nothern and Central CRS have allied together to overthrow you, you all won't smell seat of power again.
It's only the Ibibios in the state that have even tried to give you guys a name cos if not for Akwa ibom you all would have gone to extinction.
Fool! instead of facing your dilapidated state you're busy hating on Akwa ibomites that have progressed and are way better ahead of you and your useless generations.
Dumb fool

God bless you my brother for this.
You nailed it.
cc Blackking98
I don land
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by derbykol(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
EMMY76:

He is almost totally useless and powerless right now with the current Constitution we are operating right now. If ayade have the guts and courage to fight him he will definitely be dethroned and nothing will happen.
Exactly
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
EMMY76:

He is almost totally useless and powerless right now with the current Constitution we are operating right now. If ayade have the guts and courage to fight him he will definitely be dethroned and nothing will happen.
Lol
Small uprising Ayade ran away to Abuja, many atam politicians I know ran and left calabar just because area de vex. You think he'll be able to rule in calabar after doing that nonesense? He can do it in obudu but in calabar he'll be a goner.
I saw that ediot called unimkeak saying atam is 60% of calabar, if that was true why did ayade and his friends run away, he is lucky that Buhari orderd the military to intervene? When the thing died down you all started blaming ibibios and Akwa ibomites despite claiming to be majority, all these wings you lots are growing is because of state creation, when both states were one y'all were in the bush.

1 Like

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Ebenezer202I: 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
Blackking98:

I don land
oya go through all the threads carefully and also read up another thread that made fp about the 90 hoodlums in Cross River that looted properties and how twas reported that they are all from Akwa ibom.
read up and see the irritating comments embarassed
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ebenezer202I:
oya go through all the threads carefully and also read up another thread that made fp about the 90 hoodlums in Cross River that looted properties and how twas reported that they are all from Akwa ibom.
read up and see the irritating comments embarassed
Mention me on the thread bro
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
So with this rampant kidnapping, arm robbery, cultism and criminality by official and unofficial touts everywhere in Calabar, the Governor is not even holding regular security meeting. No wonder crime and criminals have taken over Calabar. The magnitude of destruction and Looting in the Endsars saga is the highest in Calabar than any other state.
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by misano(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Obong don chop the money finish and he needs 2022 Prado

Kings & Chief in South South get levels o. Wen dey talk D people respond. Even D governors dey shake.

1 Like

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Amanyanabo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nappoli:
Ayade the Atam Clown is not qualified to be a class prefect. Never again will another atam fool govern Efik land. This was the first and last . the state must break up so that the Atam can continue their backwardness like Benue and taraba .
Interesting, I just learnt something new today. I never knew of a tribe or group called Atam
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by ggood: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
Amanyanabo:

Interesting, I just learnt something new today. I never knew of a tribe or group called Atam

Central and Northern Cross River they normally call them Atam

2 Likes

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by sonnie10: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Amanyanabo:

Atam is a dilatory name used mostly by Efiks to describe people of central and northern cross river.
It comes from the word Ata in Efik which means to eat. They believed that Northern Cross Riverians were cannibals, that is they ate people, thius the name Atam

2 Likes

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Anthony47(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/local/obong-of-calabar-tells-gov-ayade-to-step-aside-to-learn-about-governance/97ep9rl.amp
Governor Ben Ayade Finally Admits Being A Failure By Elias Ozikpu
Cross Riverians have spent the last 21 years electing criminals and accomplices, people who are more concerned about the size of their individual bank accounts rather than the well-being of the people who elected them into public office.

by Elias Ozikpu Oct 31, 2020
When a suspect pleads guilty upon arraignment before a judge for criminal offence(s), the tedious process of trial is automatically expunged, which allows the judge to make a quick and judicious decision.

In the same vein, Governor Ayade has now pleaded guilty to the fact that he has been a monumental failure after five years in office. This open confession is coming after the governor surprisingly turned into a tyrant, arbitrarily jailing critics of his regime for calling out his anti-people policies, pervasive corruption and a total lack of transparency in office.

Before dramatically breaking down in “tears”, Ayade said before the world:

“I never knew that five years into office as governor I will still find somebody who could live in a thatch house in Cross River State. I am almost crying because I knew how prepared I was but it didn't end the way I dreamed for the state.”

From the above lamentation, Ayade’s admission that he has failed couldn't be more unequivocal. And his last sentence, wherein he says: “it didn't end the way I dreamed for the state”, is a resignation that clearly suggests that with three years left to go, the governor intends doing nothing to remedy his calamitous reign.

Elias Ozikpu

As admitted by Ayade himself, his time in office has been a total waste to Cross Riverians albeit at a very high cost. Unlike other state governors, Governor Ayade’s annual budgets are passed in trillions of naira and are hurriedly approved by members of the State Assembly without subjecting the governor to a thorough grilling process to justify the humongous sums in his budgets. But here is where Cross River’s leadership problem lies: Ayade’s appalling incompetence and failure are greatly amplified by a 25-member rubber-stamp assembly in the state, readily available to endorse every paper from the office of the governor.

It was members of that assembly who hastily approved Governor Ayade’s controversial superhighway project which the governor said required an outrageous sum of N648, 870,730,739.23 (Six Hundred and Forty-eight Billion, Eight Hundred and Seventy Million, Seven Hundred and Thirty Thousand, Seven Hundred and Thirty-nine Naira, Twenty-three Kobo). The loan for the superhighway was to be repaid through an Irrevocable Standing Payment Order (ISPO) of N300,000,000 every month. What this meant was that Cross River State was expected to cough out N3,600,000,000 every year for 180 years! Approximately two centuries of slavery over a superhighway which has never been a priority to Cross Riverians!

Besides the fact that Cross Riverians still live in thatch houses as confirmed by the governor himself, what he forgot to tell you is that Cross River State has terrible roads, a dilapidated healthcare system, lack of pipe-borne water, public schools remain an eyesore. In fact, Cross River is one of the most poorly governed states in Nigeria. Yet the governor is chasing shadows when he has real issues confronting him.

Below are the annual budgets of Governor Ayade since assuming office in May of 2015:

2016: N350 billion: Budget of Deep Vision

2017: N707 billion: Budget of Infinite Transposition

2018: N1.3 trillion: Budget of Kinetic Crystallisation

2019: N1.043 trillion = Budget of Qabalistic Densification

2020: N1.1 trillion = Budget of Olimpotic Meristemasis (unconfirmed reports say that this figure was slashed to N147.7 billion)

So, let us assume that the purported claim of the slash of Budget of Olimpotic Meristemasis is true, this will mean that Ayade has officially spent approximately N4 trillion since assuming office, yet the state's economic and social infrastructures remain in a decrepit condition with numerous projects that have either been abandoned or have faded into oblivion. For instance, the Cross River State Food Bank Project, for which Ayade budgeted N10 billion even as far back as 2017, has been in a state of coma. The Food Bank Project, according to Ayade, was supposed to carry out food distribution across the 197 council wards in the state. Curiously, across Alege, Ukpe and Ubang and the rest of Obudu Local Government Area, not one person has received such food supply since Ayade assumed office. They are not even aware of the existence of such a project, leaving me to wonder if beneficiaries of this multi-billion Naira project truly exist.

It is totally unacceptable to squander approximately N4 trillion in just five years in office and attempt to cover up such a galactic waste with the mere shedding of tears. The governor’s “tears” are like the tears a crocodile sheds whilst devouring its prey. Ayade must account for this money and explain how every Kobo of it was spent.

Whilst Ayade accounts for the waste that culminated in his self-confessed failure, Cross Riverians must begin to scrutinise the job of the men and women they send from the 25 state constituencies to represent them at the State House of Assembly in Calabar. Cross Riverians must begin to understand that the 25 “honourable” members who sit at the state parliament are their prime enemies who work in cahoots with the governor to impose anti-people policies and the swift passage of budgets that are never implemented in accordance with their colourful contents.

Cross Riverians have spent the last 21 years electing criminals and accomplices, people who are more concerned about the size of their individual bank accounts rather than the well-being of the people who elected them into public office. In the face of these costly setbacks, we must remember that going forward, we still have an opportunity to put an end to this roguery, cruelty and insensitivity. It is time to sing a new song. And the time starts now!

Elias Ozikpu
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by UnimkeAk(m): 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol
Small uprising Ayade ran away to Abuja, many atam politicians I know ran and left calabar just because area de vex. You think he'll be able to rule in calabar after doing that nonesense? He can do it in obudu but in calabar he'll be a goner.
I saw that ediot called unimkeak saying atam is 60% of calabar, if that was true why did ayade and his friends run away, he is lucky that Buhari orderd the military to intervene? When the thing died down you all started blaming ibibios and Akwa ibomites despite claiming to be majority, all these wings you lots are growing is because of state creation, when both states were one y'all were in the bush.

Akwa Ibom man stop being obsessed with my state oooo...

2 Likes

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by blesoh(f): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Is Cross River state better now compared to Donalds dukes time?
Apart from beautification, yes a lot of things have changed
Don banned employment, no promotion
He only beautified calabar, brought,carnival ,tinapa and left the state in huge debt because of tinapa
Please tell me what else he did
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Dansuqi: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
exposition:
Truth be told the fight between the so called atams and the Efiks had always bothered on inferiority complex!
And this thread has proved it!

The Efiks are too advanced and classy for these bunch of raw untamed set
They have made calabar so dirty that I weep for that state!

Are you ok?

1 Like

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Dansuqi: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
sonnie10:

Atam is a dilatory name used mostly by Efiks to describe people of central and northern cross river.
It comes from the word Ata in Efik which means to eat. They believed that Northern Cross Riverians were cannibals, that is they ate people, thius the name Atam

It was coined by the ibibios,efiks hardly use it
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by MSEdLAW(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bluntguy:

Take it from me Not in Calabar ....

1 Like

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by SIONKPO1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
blesoh:

Apart from beautification, yes a lot of things have changed
Don banned employment, no promotion
He only beautified calabar, brought,carnival ,tinapa and left the state in huge debt because of tinapa
Please tell me what else he did
He had forsight for diversification of the economy but what has Ayade done,all the roads in Cally is bad,even the one in ogoja is in bad shape,the #1trillion budget was a scam,the super highway is impossicant,the newly proposed port at ikom is kolework,the cocoa factory is scam,
Ayade is a scam
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by plana1: 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ayade has performed badly in all sectors to the extent that even his extended family members are against him. After eight years of administration, he would have nothing tangible to show as his achievement.

The Obong of Calabar just expressed the general view of most Cross Riverians.

2 Likes

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Akwa Ibom man stop being obsessed with my state oooo...
See the ediot who can't type two lines on nairaland without mentioning Akwa Ibom talking about obsession. Your very daft
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
Dansuqi:

It was coined by the ibibios,efiks hardly use it
You're a clown
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by OSUWAKEABAM(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
Something should tell 5his Obong that he is for the Efiks not of Cross River State

1 Like

Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by UnimkeAk(m): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Blackking98:

See the ediot who can't type two lines on nairaland without mentioning Akwa Ibom talking about obsession. Your very daft
Lol, I'm sure ure a teenager, still under going purberty, u can't find me in an aks thread...
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
OSUWAKEABAM:
Something should tell 5his Obong that he is for the Efiks not of Cross River State
He is not far from the truth. Even in northern cross river ayade has performed very poorly. Stop defending nonsense.
You're not different from some Northerners defending Buhari even tho he has failed simply because he's one of their own.
Re: Obong Of Calabar Tells Ayade To "Step Aside And Learn About Governance" by Blackking98(m): 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Lol, I'm sure ure a teenager, still under going purberty, u can't find me in an aks thread...
You're an old fool because I explicitly said "type lines". But your low IQ thinks it's about threads. Typical dumb atam man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 / Dele Momodu, George Bush, Tony Blair & Wole Soyinka Pictured / Tree Falls On Emeka Beke's Car On His Way To Work In Port Harcourt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.