Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate (45053 Views)

2023: G5 Governors Not Dead, We Won’t Disclose Election Strategy - Wike / Nigerian Army: We Arrested Chinwetalu Agu For Supporting IPOB / I Won’t Disclose Those Eligible To Be In My New Cabinet – Buhari Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by samwillyco1(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
jagaban002:
This country can’t move forward until people like this are dead with their legacy . This is evil covering evil .
Donald Trump sent 6 soldier to save just 1 us citizen while ours is sent to kill us and since past 20 days the goverment have not bring those involved to justice .
It shall never be well with BUHARI and all is followers

Please is Google doing promo
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by justianoo(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
I know there will always be one person..at least one person who doesn't reason with his anus. You are that one person

10 castrated cows for your eating pleasure
he only stated fact.we should be more interested in the animal that gave the order.I can put my money that the governor never gave such order neither the the Tinubu(greedy bastard)
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Jostoman: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Passionate888:
This panel na scam. Anybody wey die them go find him family members give them money threaten them to hush
exactly my brother
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by lmm4real: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Case close
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Jostoman: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
dapsoneh:
Awon Eleribuu.. Whether you do or not, they will never know peace.
Sudden death shall befall them and their families including those that sent them
so shall it be inshallah

2 Likes

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Jostoman: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omofloflo:
Nice one. They should not disclose the identity of any officer. How would the so called protesters block roads? Falz, Aisha Yesufu, Dj Switch & Co should be arrested and prosecuted. They almost destroyed this country
thunder fire you there. idiot

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Rubzz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
Yus2020:
This Arabic writing on Nigeria army Logo stand for what
victory is from God
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by bareal(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
The Army keep saying after the curfew but you guys went there before the curfew and when lights were already out.

Don't defend just apologize and move on. Simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Healthquest: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
Very good ,else the Army men will b demoralized like the police and they won't have the confidence of the authority when next they are deployed.
It'll be rubbish to parade your men before any judge, that's betraying your men,they will group and burn the whole barrack. Good one, you cant come and rubbish the bios which carried out order with there commander,else let the commander answer every query on their behalf

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by generalud: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
The truth is fast coming out. First, the army denied opening fire on civilian. Gov Sanwo Olu of Lagos also denied of not inviting the army. But, now, all of them have accepted their involvement. There is God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by bareal(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Rubzz:
victory is from God

Is Nigeria an Arab state?
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by candygist: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2020
Military rule left Nigeria in 1999 and came back through the back door. From OBJ and now Buhari. Jonathan was the only real civilian president. The rest are military.

2 Likes

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by dahnimoh(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eeeh

SO your men actually went to lekki toll gate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Xpress24(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omofloflo:
Nice one. They should not disclose the identity of any officer. How would the so called protesters block roads? Falz, Aisha Yesufu, Dj Switch & Co should be arrested and prosecuted. They almost destroyed this country
i won't curse you because,you are cursed already

2 Likes

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Angrykidd: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
Why did they write on the logo of the Nigerian Army in Arabic? is it a Muslim army?
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by chatinent: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
cry cry cry cry cry

We do not have have a country.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by IMASTEX: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2020
uniqueboi1:
The soldiers were obeying order. Abi you want them to be shot dead?
If an army killed someone and refuse to bring out the officer, it shows it was an official operation. Therefore, the COAS is the killer or the C in C. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by alphaRego01(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
Normal thing.they will say its classified info.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
So their lies are beginning to fall apart. grin
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by thatigboman: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2020
Shey army say no soldier went there. Haba
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by aspiring44: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
Racoon:
This is false assertion by the lying army.All these cascade of events were the aftermath effects of the army involvement in the Lekki shootings.Abeg make una dey lie with sense.A fact is the army have not portends itself as a credible organisation with lying all the way as far as this issue is concern.

Not really after the shooting . Orile police station was burnt down on 20.10.20 due to a killing by a police man which resulted into more fracas .

The lekki toll gate shooting escalated the whole thing which wreck havoc on anything at sight the following day .

I witnessed the one at Tincan POrt in which protesters versus the police men Manning the entrance of NPA at Tincan. There were casualties but not reported. A boy was gunned in presence which made me run like usain bolt

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by mobi99(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2020
Omofloflo:
fool from the pit of hell, keep portraying ur stupidity.... am sure u re from the northern part of the Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by calberian: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

Seems you didn't follow the news well then.

On that particular day so many attacks had already taken place around Lagos, and these are available in the public domain.

The fact of the matter is this:

The army claims that they were called upon to restore order and, [/i]more importantly manage the curfew[i] (italicised emphasis mine) but I posit that the reverse was the case:

The curfew was introduced to manage the impending advent of a military exercise at lekki which, believe what you may, was admittedly beyond the powers of the governor.

This is so because, if the main instruction was to restore and maintain order, they’d have been deployed to locations where incidents of violence from civil unrest had been recorded. There’s no need to list them.

The Lekki toll gate never recorded any such incidence until the evening of Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The objective at Lekki could not have been to restore order because no such intervention was needed. Protesting at the toll gate or any other public location was fully within the ambits of the rights of the protesters so there were no grounds for such a move. Nothing was scratched, let alone damaged at that toll gate. Infact, there seemed to be a team saddled with the responsibility of managing the integrity of the toll plaza and evidently, their performance was stellar. So, application of such level of force at that place however, was most befuddling.

I’ll just say this to whom it may concern:
You can fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time however, you can NEVER fool all of the people all of the time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by johhbekeboh09: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
GreenAgain:

https://www.thecable.ng/army-why-we-wont-disclose-identity-of-personnel-deployed-in-lekki-tollgate

Am sure Buhari flexing his wicked muscles behind the scenes approved the deployment of these soldiers.Why's the ongoing judicial inquiry not puling him along

1 Like

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Reffone: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigerian Army don dey disguise
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Mayng01(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria system of governing is just too bad. These people committed this atrocity & l doubt if justice will ever be served cos I presume Buhari has the knowledge of the killing, that is why they are acting & responding with too much confidence cos they have backing from above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Amos1423(m): 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
One reason I don't even bother myself with this investigation is that all this play to the gallery by the panel would result to nothing rather it's a waste of resources and time, like how can you send someone to investigate killings you told International organizations never occurred?

Immediately I heard fashola discovered a camera at the scene in broad daylight after other bodies had visited the scene without uncovering such mysterious camera I was convinced that all what the government is doing is trying to get us occupied with incessant news to at least make us feel they care but the truth is, if they did care why would a state government haord pallatives from it's hungry citizen just because you wanted to make people feel you've done something for your constituency on your birthday, it's inhumane! The investigation I am looking at now is one which all the state Governor's who hoarded the said pallatives come give reasons why it wasn't disbursed when its supposed to.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Nadio2019: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Because Nigeria armed forces are a special forces that do not take authority from civilians.

Because Nigeria army is army of occupation of southern Nigeria for the benefit of Sokoto/Kanem Borno empires.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Clemzy16(m): 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria is a country built on lies and deceit. It seems we still have a long way to go before we start getting things right.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by Artzdanielsz(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
Nigeria na joke country. Why go after the soldiers when the right thing is to go after the commander of the unit.
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by silverlinen(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
Buh buh the so called army denied ever being present
Now they fracking telling us they won't give names
Are they fracking daring the nations patience?
We need to go back to the streets and make our voices heard again
Re: Army: We Won’t Disclose Identity Of Personnel Deployed To Lekki Tollgate by emmyN(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
I wish one of these representatives would be interviewed live on TV and asked why they lied the night of the incident, branding all reports fake news angry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Graphic Photos Of Violence In Kano Re-run Election / Caption This Picture Of Tolu Ogunlesi And Governor El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.