Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? (9702 Views)

Complete Story Of Creation: When did god create hell fire ? / When Did God Create Hell? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by xgel: 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2011
If God is so forgiving and loving why did He feel it necessary to create Hell?
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Joagbaje(m): 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2011
Hell was never created for man. It was creAted for Satan. God can only forgive a repented heart.

Matthew 25:41
41 . . . Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Satan never repented and never will.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by fstranger3(m): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
xgel:

Because God does not forgive nor forget.

Yeah,
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by obowunmi(m): 12:03am On Mar 13, 2011
In the end, we will all be forgiven. Hell is manmade.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by LoveKing(m): 7:26am On Mar 13, 2011
Hell is the grave You know. anybody that says otherwise is on an agenda to fleece you of your money.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by newmi(m): 9:02am On Mar 13, 2011
Hell was not created for man but for Satan and his demons as just a demonstration of God's righteousness and a show of justice. You see Satan then as Lusifer being an arch angel rebelled against God and was in a spectacular show of gross ignominy was kicked ought of heaven by angel arch angel Michael. But when man fell from glory and rejected God he by principle declared solidarity with God's enemy, be that as it may God for His love and concern for man as revealed in John 3:16 made a provision for man's salvation thus the only reason why a man will share in the punishment of Satan in Hell is only at the rejection of Jesus Christ and His gospel.

1 Like

Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by newmi(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2011
LoveKing:

Hell is the grave You know. anybody that says otherwise is on an agenda to fleece you of your money.
Ok no quams wait till you die then you'll discover that Hell is a reality beyond the grave, perhaps you don't have wait too long your time in counting real fast. watch out!
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by newmi(m): 9:15am On Mar 13, 2011
obowunmi:

on what basis?
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by chidyke77(m): 9:16am On Mar 13, 2011
Wtout hell, d world wld nt hv bn a better place to live in. The fear of hell is d reason why u and i are still living bcus d world wld hv bn like an animal kingdom where d stronger ones wl kill d weaker ones in other to get wat the needs. Hell makes d world a meaning
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by chidyke77(m): 9:16am On Mar 13, 2011
Wtout hell, d world wld nt hv bn a better place to live in. The fear of hell is d reason why u and i are still living bcus d world wld hv bn like an animal kingdom where d stronger ones wl kill d weaker ones in other to get wat the needs. Hell makes d world a meaning
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by jpworld(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2011
Poverty is hell, once you make money you will be heaven.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2011
Because "he" is not so forgiving. According to the bible, "he" is a nasty piece of work so why should he be a forgiving deity? We are talking about the jewish tribal god, of course, aren't we?
xgel:

Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2011
Orunwunmi, grin
obowunmi:

Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2011
Tell 'em jare, loveking.
LoveKing:

Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:03am On Mar 13, 2011
That is just jewish mythological fabu handed to us by our white slavemasters, pastor joagbaje .
Joagbaje:

Hell was never created for man. It was creAted for Satan. God can only forgive a repented heart.

Matthew 25:41
41 . . . Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Satan never repented and never will.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by newmi(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2011
This might shock many people but l say it anyway and find time to explain: nobody will go to Hell because of what he or she did but for what he ire she did not do.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:54am On Mar 13, 2011
newmi:

This might shock many people but l say it anyway and find time to explain: nobody will go to Hell because of what he or she did but for what he ire she did not do.
The only thing shocking here is the ambiguity and vagueness of that declaration. Can you tell us that thing that people are not doing that will get them to hell? If it is not being a memeber of the christian faith and following christ, then any allah follower can make the same claim by saying people will go to hell for not following allah's religion.

I guess that puts us all into hell, does it not? The truth is that our choices will create either a hellish or a heavenly state of reality for us all to experience right HERE on earth and nowhere else. And it is happening as we speak. As a matter of fact, it has always happen that way. All you have to do is look back at the recorded human history for confirmation.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by sadboy: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2011
the bible records this. Jesus was nailed with two thiefs and goes to heaven with one thief! and the other thief went to hell.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by newmi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
sadboy:

the bible records this. Jesus was nailed with two thiefs and goes to heaven with one thief! and the other thief went to hell.
Well sadboy you're wrong, Jesus said "today you will be with me in paradise". He didn't say "today l will take you to paradise" the choice was that of the thieves. to make. Afterall we see the thief on the right reprimanding his partner for wrongly accusing Jesus.

Choice is God's greatest gift to human kind thus today if anyone would go to heaven or Hell it will be based on their choice. Man is a free moral being
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
isn't it obvious by now that God is a sadist?
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 14, 2011
There is no hellfire.

Only a brainwashed person could possibly believe such a place exists.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by thehomer: 8:16am On Mar 14, 2011
newmi:

Hell was not created for man but for Satan and his demons as just a demonstration of God's righteousness and a show of justice. You see Satan then as Lusifer being an arch angel rebelled against God and was in a spectacular show of gross ignominy was kicked ought of heaven by angel arch angel Michael. But when man fell from glory and rejected God he by principle declared solidarity with God's enemy, be that as it may God for His love and concern for man as revealed in John 3:16 made a provision for man's salvation thus the only reason why a man will share in the punishment of Satan in Hell is only at the rejection of Jesus Christ and His gospel.

Do you really not see the problems with this?
In heaven, Satan rebelled? This was the Satan that knew God yet decided to rebel in heaven? Maybe this heaven is not as good a place as you seem to think.
Why did God not warn his newly created humans against this Satan/serpent? He knew they were naive yet did not warn them against the temptations from the devil. What sort of benevolent parent does this? Do you punish your child for the rest of his life for a "sin" he committed when he was four years old?
Have you considered that revelation is a poor way of getting people to actually discover that something is true? If something was revealed to you but not to me, why should I accept it without convincing and demonstrable evidence? In fact, if something was revealed to you and I accept it uncritically, I'm doing myself a disservice because it makes me gullible.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by thehomer: 8:18am On Mar 14, 2011
chidyke77:

So what you're saying is that it's the fear of hell that's preventing you from murdering and pillaging your neighbours? What sort of morality do you abide by?

1 Like

Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by thehomer: 8:24am On Mar 14, 2011
newmi:

This is the sort of thinking that makes me shake my head and inclines me towards accepting that your religion is immoral and unjust. What you're saying is that Person A is a mass murderer sentenced to die. 5 minutes before his execution, he decides to believe in Christianity so he makes it into heaven.
Person B is an honest citizen who through most of his life has helped his fellow man and donated cheerfully to numerous causes. He never hears the Christian myth or he hears it but sees no reason to believe it is true. He will then be sent to this hell for eternity.
What sort of God does this?
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by ugo2u(m): 8:35am On Mar 14, 2011
Its shocking to discover that those who don't believe in God are many. damn heaven will be so scanty, its a shame.

oh well wether you do or don't its up to you, but before you decide take a look at this and read it carefully
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by thehomer: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
ugo_2u:

Its shocking to discover that those who don't believe in God are many. damn heaven will be so scanty, its a shame.

oh well wether you do or don't its up to you, but before you decide take a look at this and read it carefully

At least, hell will be bubbling and vibrant. That's where all the colourful characters will be unlike heaven where the others will be forced to bow and scrape.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by ugo2u(m): 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
I would have loved to shove salvation down your throat but that will be in error to God's will, by all means do as you may wish but let me say this, on that day you'll remember these words "I TOLD YOU SO!" so my dear friend pay no heed to anything I say ok. its allowed
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Image123(m): 9:55am On Mar 15, 2011
God is not only loving and forgiving, He is also righteous, holy, just, judge, of pure eyes. He hates sin, not the sinner. He'll punish sin wherever it's found whether in sinner or saint. He'll forgive sin if the offender repents whether sinner or saint. There're some things in life you can't do much about than to adapt for your own good. The sun, night, time, God are some examples.
Re: If God Is So Forgiving And Loving Why Did He Feel It Necessary To Create Hell? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2011
It is equally shocking to discover that you've been living in a christian bubble/cocoon for so long. Welcome to the outside and real world. wink
ugo_2u:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE / "Is The Watchtower Organisation A Trustworthy Interpreter Of Scripture?" / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.