Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' (18927 Views)

Church Of England Will Bless Gay Civil Unions / Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Jahzrockballer(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
But him support small, lol
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
To be honest, I've never liked this Pope. He's neither here nor there. His political correctness and hypocrisy stink to high heavens!

5 Likes

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by nzube25779: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Let pope come out and clear himself, occultic religious leaders
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by NSK4U(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2020
Those who read a different meaning to what pope said did so to satisfy their own focus,

I remain an ardent Catholic and a follower of His Holiness, the Papacy.

3 Likes

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by tnerro1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
If possible, they should sack this man
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by NSK4U(m): 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by loveth360(f): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
There's an adage that says "you should not smell what you know you cannot eat!!!"

Why should the Pope support it partially

This is the major reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

They were sleeping with heir fellow men

God frowns at such!

So why should the Pope, support it partially Why

Read the scriptures:
Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."
People looking for whom to blame.

What sins did Sodom and
Gomorrah commit that the world today have not commit more than 10 times.

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by mdchikezie(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
ictjobber:
Whether we like it or not, the gays will alway be a part of our society... The earlier we all get used to this... The better for us. Live and let them live.. and leave judgement for your almighty.. That's my own stance.

SENSE WILL ABIDE WITH YOU FOREVER AND EVER.... MY BROTHER.
AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT POPE SAID IN HIS BRIEFING......
"IF ANYONE DECIDES TO LIVE THEIR LIFE HOW THEY WANT TO, WHO IS HE TO JUDGE THEM"...

PEOPLE WILL SURELY TAKE IT OUT OF CONTEXT......
HOWEVER, WE ARE NOT LIKE THE OTHER PEOPLE FROM THE OTHER SIDE WHO WILL GO TO BEHEAD AND KILL PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR BELIEFS AND PERSONAL SELF INCLINED ACTIONS.

may you live long "HABEMUS PAPAM" MY POPE

5 Likes

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by letitrainnow(m): 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Out of context
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by mdchikezie(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
When certain aberrations are not "outrightly" spoken against, but one tries yo be politically correct, it becomes easy for your stand to be taken out of context.

"Homosexuality in all ramifications is against the belief of the church, and even if I can't judge them as I'm not God, I strongly do not support it"

An example of the bolded above can not be taken out of context! Because it is straight
AND DID THE POPE SAY HE SUPPORTED IT

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by loveth360(f): 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Emu4life:
Which one be "didn't fully support" Bunch of hypocrites. The pope is gay, Catholics worship Idol and priests are pedophiles.SIMPLE
We have heard you.

You and all your church members are saints.

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by ugbanante: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
Damage control! Too late.

https://www.nairaland.com/6196506/pope-francis-endorses-same-sex-couples

☝️i send this to my Catholic friends with this question? Who sets the standard for the church: the bible or the pope?
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by abdullahi45: 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2020
Davash222:
How can a sane Man leave succulent breasts with fresh thighs accompanied with German juice and decides to settle with flat chest and dry nyash

This comment is underrated..
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Alexandro15: 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Now they are trying to cover it up.....
The man na devil himself

Any fact to back your claim?
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by jmoore(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
Trying to please everyone is not what Christianity is about.

This rebuttal won't make headlines on CNN and BBC.

When Jesus Christ saved the adulteress from being stone, he told her "Go and SIN no more". Which is an acknowledgement that it is a sin. Jesus Christ didn't tell her that she's free to commit adultery.

Homosexuality is insanity, an evil practice. No sugarcoating.

7 Likes

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Lashist(m): 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
It's just a real shame...

Who's deceiving who here?

The Pope didn't fully support gay civil unions, but partially...

So how come his predecessors didn't have this issue but just him?

Why can't he just come out and outrightly condemn same-sex marriages as they did?

Let them keep trying to deny the obvious. One day every secret and hidden agenda would be revealed.

"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known." Luke 12:1
Mallam you too talk...he condemns same sex marriage but he.is saying they should be treated like other human beings. Read wella next time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Starzo: 11:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
demonic pope

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by enchy: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by DAVE5(m): 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Davash222:
How can a sane Man leave succulent breasts with fresh thighs accompanied with German juice and decides to settle with flat chest and dry nyash

E tire me ohh

Me gan, I Dey fear girl wey get flat chest, I Dey feel like say I go become if I near girl wey no get full front carriage
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Pabloicardi: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2020

2 Likes

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Openbusiness: 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2020
Many people (Believers) think Muslims are the biggest "threat" to Judaism and Christianity, they think the Antichrist will come from Islam. No! They got it wrong. To understand better, we need to review a man called "Father Abraham".

Who's Abraham, and why is Abraham special? Abraham is simply an ordinary man with extraordinary faith. But that's not what makes Abraham special. Abraham is special because he was the only man in this world, in the entire history of human existence that God made a promise to that his seed shall inherit the Earth.

That is to say, God willed the entire Planet EARTH to Abraham, and that's why Abraham is special, and this is what it means when you hear the term "Abraham's Blessing" or "the Blessing of Abraham". The Blessing is the promise of ownership of the Earth he got from God and God doesn't lie. Whatever He says he will do, He will do.

God promised the seed of Abraham the entire Earth, so this world we are living inside belongs to Abraham and his seed (Children). This world has an owner and the owner is Abraham and his children.

Islam came from Mohammed, a descendant of Ishmael, son of Abraham. Judaism came from Moses, another descendant of Abraham from the lineage of Isaac, son of Abraham. Christianity came from Jesus, another descendant of Abraham, lineage of Isaac, but Jesus was and is the Son of God, and it was in Jesus and through Jesus that God fulfilled his promise to Abraham.

Jesus owns the world today. God gave Jesus the "C of O" of this world when he obeyed his Father and died on the cross for the sins of humanity. And through Jesus, every descendant of Abraham can partake of the Blessing (promise) God made to Abraham and his Children.

The descendants of Ishmael, the Arabs, are "blind", the descendants of Isaac, the Hebrews, are "blind", that's why Jesus prayed that they should be forgiven for they know not what they do. But the time will come when the blindness will be removed from their eyes, and they will see that Jesus, the son of Abraham, is the son of God. The time is coming when all the Children of Abraham will be united in Jesus.

Jesus will unite the Jews and the Arabs. They will wake up and see they are the children of the same Father, Abraham, that they are the children of the same God, and that Jesus is the torch bearer of the seed of Abraham. All of them will fall behind Jesus as their Lord. So Islam is not the enemy, their darkness and confusion will come to an end soon, same thing with the Jews.

So who then or where will the Antichrist come from. The Pope belongs to the Antichrist.

Revelations 3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery:

babylon the great the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth.

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. 7 Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished?

Purple is purple, and scarlet is color red. Do the math wink

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by ikansamson: 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
Davash222:
local man cannot can�
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by battymann: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pope never supported it all and will never. Homosexuality is against what Catholic church know as divine law which cannot be deliberated upon by men. Pope can never attempt to consider thinking about supporting that. In fact he has no such power as long as Catholic church structure is concerned.
Even this stupid publication is still a misquote.

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Sleekfingers: 11:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
I am 100% in support of gay couple......bunch of hypocrites.......i know couple of friends in nigeria who are living as husband and wife......and they are happy......my wife and i do hang out with them......they have been living together for about 9 years.....lovely couples.......who give a shit what the bible says......as a matter of fact, 7 outta 10 nigerian ladies practice lesbianism......

U only live once.....do what that makes u happy.........

Thunder fire pope and all homophobians

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Chicha77: 12:04am On Nov 03, 2020
Jemerson:
What he's saying is that, if a family finds out their son is gay, they shouldn't throw him out. There should be a law protecting such individuals. Everyone deserves to be in a family.

how far are you one of them?

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Nchenches: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2020
Whoever says homosexuality/lesbianism is a normal thing must first make man impregnate fellow man, or make woman impregnate fellow woman. After that, the person can start to preach to us to support lesbians and homosexuals in our families.
No be all these long Engligbo about context and interpretation here.

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 03, 2020
ictjobber:
Whether we like it or not, the gays will alway be a part of our society... The earlier we all get used to this... The better for us. Live and let them live.. and leave judgement for your almighty.. That's my own stance.
They have always been a part of any society. Still, homosexual acts are considered sinful and immoral. Read Romans 1: 20 to the end

1 Like

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2020
Sleekfingers:
I am 100% of gay couple......bunch of hypocrites.......i know couple of friends in nigeria who are living as husband and wife......and they are happy......my wife and i do hang out with them......they have been living together for about 9 years.....lovely couples.......who give a shit what the bible says......as a matter of fact, 7 outta 10 nigerian ladies practice lesbianism......

U only live once.....do what that makes u happy.........

Thunder fire pope and all homophobians
That's the pretence on display.
You advocate for "live and let live" yet wish evil on others for simply owning a contrary opinion.
Hypocrite!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by danilmo: 1:00am On Nov 03, 2020
ictjobber:

Broz abeg the girl in this pics suppose don ripe by now. U know her location?? shocked
Re: 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 03, 2020
ursullalinda:
Don't care about those misquoting Pope.......his message is very clear........Show homosexuals love and bring them closer........that way they will be easier to convert.......wonder why people started blabbing nonsense......well don't need to convince anybody........Catholic and proud!

If you show homosexual love them come tear your nyash nko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference Between Trials And Temptations / Which Church Do You Attend? / Winners Chapel Plants 3000 Rural Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.