Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,454 members, 7,836,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: (107883 Views)

US Election Results: 6 Votes Remaining For Biden To Win / 2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates / Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by ak22(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
Jdbrasco2:
There are so many accomplishments by Trump in 3.5yrs but Biden did nothing for 47yrs other than put black in prison and call them super predators he doesn't wan near his kid.

People should educate themselves and not swallow everything from CNN.

School them joor

1 Like

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
TecM0:
Congratulations Oga biden

More battle ground state to sway blue

Thanks madam FLOTUS for voting biden
See meme, this reminds me of those days when boys dey stretch neck. gringrin
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by TecM0: 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2020
SegFault:

See meme, this reminds me of those days when boys dey stretch neck. gringrin

Lol

Oga Trump knows every vote counts now

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
99thEnemy:

EV × States States*
55 × 1 = 55 California
38 × 1 = 38 Texas

29 × 2 = 58 Florida, New York
20 × 2 = 40 Illinois, Pennsylvania
18 × 1 = 18 Ohio
16 × 2 = 32 Georgia, Michigan
15 × 1 = 15 North Carolina
14 × 1 = 14 New Jersey
13 × 1 = 13 Virginia
12 × 1 = 12 Washington
11 × 4 = 44 Arizona, Indiana, Massachusetts, Tennessee
10 × 4 = 40 Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin
9 × 3 = 27 Alabama, Colorado, South Carolina
8 × 2 = 16 Kentucky, Louisiana
7 × 3 = 21 Connecticut, Oklahoma, Oregon
6 × 6 = 36 Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Nevada, Utah

5 × 3 = 15 Nebraska**, New Mexico, West Virginia
4 × 5 = 20 Hawaii, Idaho, Maine**, New Hampshire, Rhode Island
3 × 8 = 24 Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia*, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming
= 538 Total electors

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Calculating these people's method of voting should be a branch of mathematics what the hell is all this numbers flying around.

2 Likes

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
Available247:
Trump
tell me this isn't real? shocked
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by excel101(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
TecM0:
Congratulations Oga biden

More battle ground state to sway blue

Thanks madam FLOTUS for voting biden
See mugu dey congratulate when election never reach anywhere.
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by EmekaA125(m): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2020
paxi7:
i actually want Biden to win
Ok. I hope you won't hide your face in shame when Trump is declared winner of the race.
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by focus7: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2020
emsco91:
HIPOCRISY is when you want BIDEN to win US election but wouldnt vote ATIKU come 2023

If you are still rooting for Atiku to rule Nigeria in 2023 when he will be 80years old, I don't know whether you are wishing Nigeria to move forward or backward.

When the youths are thinking the way you are thinking then there is no hope for this country again

4 Likes

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Zmbcopy: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2020
freshMallam1122:
ur brain go soon thumble to realize the real results by the time there is final outcome...u think US is Nigeria...abi it's citizens de reasons like all this abokinerians up North
AS UR ANOITED TRUMP OF US REJECT UR NGONZI AS WTO D.G
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Gogetta(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
lymelyte:
why is every trump supporter saying this? Does 2016 look like 2020 to you? Trump won because no one paid attention to his crooked and cunny way.. This time it is different. All eyes on him.
Just ignore them. A few hours left.

2 Likes

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by int0x80(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by BF69BF: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
GamalNasser:

Too much CNN don dey deceive you

Don't mind them, they'll sit down with CNN morning till night they chop their news like chewing gum.

1 Like

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by salam8528: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
freshMallam1122:
ur brain go soon thumble to realize the real results by the time there is final outcome...u think US is Nigeria...abi it's citizens de reasons like all this abokinerians up North
Or like Igbos and flat chest beaters up east who keep making political blunder since 1999 and at the end of every election one particular party keep using and dumping them like trash after election.
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by reiddecuti: 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2020
GamalNasser:

Too much CNN don dey deceive you
My brother, no be only CNN, NTA join too
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by humilitypays(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2020
PervertProphet:

What is this Clown talking

What's all that balberdash you wrote up there?

If every African leaves the continent on a American Visa Lottery then who will develop the continent?

See as you dey do like say American Visa na visa to Heaven. Why are you blacks this dumb?

Instead of you thinking of how to make Africa the place where they will be begging to come to. You are here crying over another man refusing you into his country as if that's even true. The man only just like any sane person would do. He has a problem with illegal immigrants and not legal immigrants.
You are just a small boy blabbing what little kids are known for, get real.

US Visa lottery and US favorable immigration policies of the past saved thousands of Nigerians who would have died poor, wretched and hungry in Nigeria, kiss the truth.

I do t have time to play Panafricanism with kids on a faceless forum, I am sure if you get an American visa, you and your entire family will celebrate it, stop talking nonsense okay

Many Nigerians who are successful investors and big company owners in Nigeria today traveled to US to work and make money they brought back to invest in Nigeria.

Without capital, you are doomed! America gives all hardworking and willing people the great chance to work and earn decent living they can also use to start up their own companies in a more lucrative way.

Kiss the truth, America is blessd nation with opportunities, only the truth will set you free cool

1 Like

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Rex777: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
I support president Trump to win.

1 Like

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by prince088: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
GamalNasser:

The useless town did same for Hilary in 2016

U are yapping rubbish. This did not happen with Hilary. This is the first time since Nixon in1960 the town voted only for one candidate....
Nixon eventually won the election.
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Bejusttoall: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
Na 12 people dey live for that town o
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by DAramis: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
lymelyte:
grin this thread is filled with those that have been denied American visa multiple times.. They all want Biden to win at all cost..
grin cool shocked
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by EgusiShankly: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2020
int0x80:
The reasons why some Nigerians love Trump is what I don't understand. He doesn't even know you exist cool cool
Can Biden recognize you?
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
See as Americans stand for queue without fear of police harrassment, thugs, ballot snatching and vote buying.. when will Nigeria elections get to ths?
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by int0x80(m): 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
EgusiShankly:

Can Biden recognize you?
No sir! grin grin
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by 080bjaked(m): 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
Bejusttoall:
Na 12 people dey live for that town o

Electoral college

1 Like

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by Bashirjaja01(m): 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
And that abokinerians knows, practice and understand politics better than you do
freshMallam1122:
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by PervertProphet: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
humilitypays:
You are just a small boy blabbing what little kids are known for, get real.

US Visa lottery and US favorable immigration policies of the past saved thousands of Nigerians who would have died poor, wretched and hungry in Nigeria, kiss the truth.

I do t have time to play Panafricanism with kids on a faceless forum, I am sure if you get an American visa, you and your entire family will celebrate it, stop talking nonsense okay

Many Nigerians who are successful investors and big company owners in Nigeria today traveled to US to work and make money they brought back to invest in Nigeria.

Without capital, you are doomed! America gives all hardworking and willing people the great chance to work and earn decent living they can also use to start up their own companies in a more lucrative way.

Kiss the truth, America is blessd nation with opportunities, only the truth will set you free cool

Awon "big baby".
Why don't you suggest we sell the country to America?
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by DUNKA(m): 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
abc115:
First Results of the 2020 Presidential Election:

Dixville Notch, NH:
Biden: 5
Trump: 0
https://mobile.twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1323492893651312640
bad Omen for trump
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by humilitypays(m): 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
PervertProphet:

Awon "big baby".
Why don't you suggest we sell the country to America?
of course I will support that. Nigeria will prosper if sold to America than under Fulani herdsmen who only bring poverty and bloodshed, kiss the truth angry
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by xtervaganza(m): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2020
Trump will win Inca landslide. I'm still waiting for who wants to bet
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by VKconcept(m): 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2020
Large number doesn't dictate the election in US... Anybody with 270 Electorate College gets the Crown.
Believe me US Election is really complex
Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by stagger: 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2020
SegFault:

Calculating these people's method of voting should be a branch of mathematics what the hell is all this numbers flying around.

Did you not study the electoral college system in school? I learnt this in Government way back.

It is simple. The winner of the popular vote in each state is awarded the electoral college votes for that state. That is why candidates can kill for the votes in these states:

55 × 1 = 55 California
38 × 1 = 38 Texas
29 × 2 = 58 Florida, New York
20 × 2 = 40 Illinois, Pennsylvania
18 × 1 = 18 Ohio
16 × 2 = 32 Georgia, Michigan
15 × 1 = 15 North Carolina

Simply put, winning US election is dependent on targeting the right states. Some states have always voted Republican, and some have always been Democrat. Trump shattered that myth in 2016 when he took the electoral college votes in traditionally democratic states.

Targeting the right states allows you to lose the total popular vote in all 50 states, and still come out on top with the highest number of electoral votes. 270 is regarded as the unassailable margin.

If I recall, Bush beat Gore by 271-267, and had to rely on the US Supreme Court to overrule the decision of the Florida Supreme Court for a recount of the Florida votes which were awarded to George Bush. The vote was 5-4.

This is why Republicans quickly rushed Ann Coney Barrett's nomination so they get a conservative majority in the Supreme Court, in case it comes to that point as it did in 2000.

1 Like

Re: US Election: First Results Of The 2020 Presidential Election: by enemyofprogress: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
Make INEC no rig this election for Trump o, I wan return to America by fire by force

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Is How Body Of General Quassem Soleimani Was Flown To Iran(Photos) / Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Israel's Alexander River Turns Red With Blood ‘like Biblical Plague Of Egypt’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.