Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility (5710 Views)

"MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by mabell: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
When we preach the word of God and give testimonies, they say we are making noise
I wonder what they want the christian life to look and feel like
undecided
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by newmi(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2011
KunleOshob:

False testimonies abound in christ embassy grin the bible says by their fruits we shall know them. Pastor chris as been confirmed to be a fraud, even his disciples here on nairaland have shown themselves to be confirmed pathological liars and people of questionable character so why should we believe the false testimonies of people who have proven not to be credible and also representing a fraudulent character/institution.
Wait a minute friend l thought you are educated so stop babbling like someone whose brain is wet and soul is hunted by demons of his traumatic past or have skipped your medication? You don't know me, l don't know you or what do, what do lyou have that l am interested in, is it money, houses, lands, rest of mind, or peace? nothing! am simply interested in sharing my faith and experience with the faithfulness of God so the faith of other believers could be strengthened as l also learn from their inspiring tales of God's faithfulness. But what do l get from you nothing because you have NOTHING! NOTHING!! NOTHING!!!
else share your faith and testimonies and allow me and others to be strengthened an inspired.
YOU HAVE NO JUSTIFICATION TO DISCREDIT MY TESTIMONIES BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT FELT LIKE, SO DON'T GO THERE OTHERWISE----ok present your reasons why you think am faking it, something that was an issue of life and death, this is not about ce people this is me so address me and quit making generic and blanket statements.
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by nuclearboy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2011
Very funny thread. But it is really nice you guys continue. Please say more and more. Very soon, you will contradict yourselves.

@newmi:

I really don't like talking to you because you already made up your mind and closed it. But consider the "lie" above -

1. You do not like arguing/discussing with us.
2. Yet you are calling for our attention all the time and have in this thread named me how many times?

That alone makes you look vacuous. PLUS you boast of praying for special calamities and affliction to fall upon "us" grin Are you sure the trauma your Aunt suffered didn't get transferred to you upstairs? Even you (as slow as we say you are) should know that is worse than insanity. Nice to see what pastor chris is teaching you. As I always say, lovely fruit! Interestingly, YOU recently spoke about love. This then is what you know as love?

@mabell:

The Christian life is meant to be like that of Jesus. Tell the truth at any cost. Let God's Glory show in your Truth, Consistency, love to others especially those who cannot pay you back; in short - be a light on a hill. When people see light, they come to it. They may not want Heaven or Christianity but they come. NOT for miracles (selfish reasons) or money but just because you are a real star. Then they admire and come closer. Then they start to practice what they see in you. You have WON them. It is not by preaching (that has its own place) but by WITNESS. Me/you witness with our lives. That is why we always talk about fruit. Everyone loves sweet fruits but sour grapes? You spit those out like one would your friend above praying for special calamity and affliction for others when he has not prayed and gotten comfort for himself yet.

Christian living is NOT MEANT to be an avenue for empty boasting (I won 10 souls - with what lifestyle), for claiming what is not yours, for a "christian" version of Al-quatiyah (lying for Jesus) or for cultism. Christians do NOT support people or place them on a pedestal. They support truth and they know that ALL men are Liars (including Chris Oyakilome and every pastor on the surface of the earth).
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Zikkyy(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

The Christian life is meant to be like that of Jesus. Tell the truth at any cost. Let God's Glory show in your Truth, Consistency, love to others especially those who cannot pay you back; in short - be a light on a hill. When people see light, they come to it. They may not want Heaven or Christianity but they come. NOT for miracles (selfish reasons) or money but just because you are a real star. Then they admire and come closer. Then they start to practice what they see in you. You have WON them. It is not by preaching (that has its own place) but by WITNESS. Me/you witness with our lives. That is why we always talk about fruit. Everyone loves sweet fruits but sour grapes?

nuclearboy:

Christian living is NOT MEANT to be an avenue for empty boasting (I won 10 souls - with what lifestyle),

Really not sure i understand what happening here sad but this is one post i like smiley
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by mabell: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
how can you like what you don't understand?
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
newmi:

@mabell
Wow glory to God Almighty forever to is the power, the kingdom and the glory, Amen!
you see mabell l don't enjoy aging with these unbelievers and people whose hearts have become unpersuadable and hardened perhaps l should start praying for specific calamity and affliction to visit them so that they can believe but they mustn't wait for such.

My dear go ahead and pray all you can, 'you go old', I'll share a testimony I've been longing to share online to show you what God does with such prayers as yours:

MY TESTIMONY (SNATCHED FROM THE FANGS OF DEATH)

It was nearly midday on Friday the 19th of February 2010, I set out on a journey along with my driver and a contractor from Enugu to Ebonyi state via the Enugu-Abakaliki expressway. It was just like every other day; nice sunny and bright weather, and all that filled my thoughts was how to complete my mission in Ebontyi state and head back to base. We cruised down the expressway completely oblivious of what lay ahead of us.

The journey from Enugu to Abakaliki is about one hour thirty minutes (1hr30mins) and just thirty minutes into our journey, we had to stop at a town called nkalagu. There were no vehicles coming from the opposite direction and all vehicles going in our direction had all stopped, in fact, there was a sea of vehicles all around. Just as I was about to figure out why all the vehicles had stopped going any further, I looked and saw what seemed like a mass exodus: people fleeing from their community on foot carrying their belongings on their head. Men, women, children, several hundreds of them all looking petrified.

At this point I came out of the vehicle to find out what exactly was going on, I inquired from a bus driver who told me that there has been an ongoing communal clash between two clans and that it had taken a deadly dimension. They said armed youths and militants have been unleashing terror on unsuspecting innocent passersby., infact several had been killed.

I got back into the vehicle and told my driver to turn back since it was dangerous to go any further. just as he was about to do that, two police armored personnel carriers (APC) and five white Toyota hilux trucks fully loaded with armed mobile policemen came from the opposite direction (where we were initially headed) and told everyone to follow them that there was no cause for alarm.
One of the APC's then turned and headed for Abakaliki, some of the commercial bus drivers happily followed it. A little moment after we decided to start heading back to Enugu, I changed my mind and asked my driver to follow the second APC which was just about turning as well to join the first one.

We turned back quick enough to be just immediately behind the APC and also just behind us were the five Toyota hilux trucks with mobile policemen, we were in a white Mitsubishi L200 truck which was similar to what the policemen had so it looked like a police convoy.
When we got to the trouble zone, I looked in amazement as one of the buses which followed the first APC had been attacked from behind by the armed militants just before we got there; right then I knew something was wrong.

we continued moving until we were approached by a 911 lorry, the lorry conductor jumped down from the lorry and tried to signal the APC in front of us to stop, at the same time, he was pointing into the bush. Almost immediately, about fifteen to twenty armed fierce looking guys came out of the bush all armed with AK 47 rifles, shotguns, cutlasses and charms. They wanted to barricade the road but stopped and all stood fearlessly by the side of the road; at this time, the APC in front of us stopped and so did every other vehicle behind us. Everywhere became as quiet as a graveyard for about fifteen seconds, then all of a sudden, one mobile policeman behind us opened fire (I guess at the gunmen). What followed is difficult for me to describe, in fact, the guardian newspaper put it this way:

"So ferocious was the fight on one particular day, that the works minister, Alhaji Hassan Lawal and his entourage were forced to abort their planned visit and run back to Enugu as the sound of assault rifles reverberated and billows smoke rose into the skies from the fighting"

My brethren, I was in the midst of this ferocious battle; the gunmen opened fire at us and all I heard was rat tat tat tat! I dont know how my driver maneuvered and escaped the scene but the pictures below tell what happened thereafter.

The APC in front of me (shown in the picture by the left) was seriously damaged, the five Toyota hilux trucks behind me were completely burnt, several policemen and civilians were killed on the spot. . . it could have been me but I was pulled out of the midst of it all.
Praise God!!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by nuclearboy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ SirJohn:

Haba, don't you know it is because you pay tithes and prophet offerings? Your MOG should be glorified for this wonderful miracle.

You should start paying 25% as tithe from now on.
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Zikkyy(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2011
Zikkyy:

Really not sure i understand what happening here sad

mabell:

how can you like what you don't understand?

I like the post smiley Just dont understand why you guys are fighting angry
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by nuclearboy(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ Read the entire thread, Zikky and you'll understand what happened
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Zikkyy(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^^ Read the entire thread, Zikky and you'll understand what happened

Maybe later
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Enigma(m): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
Joagbaje:

@Nuclearboy
There is no lie, if I want to lie, I should have rather said she got healed instantly that should make me feel powerful. But I stated the truth. I have prayed for other blind people before that didn't recieve healing. But the healing thing ,the more you do it the more the grace increase.

My greatest desire is to raise the dead. I have prayed for couple of dead people but didn't have result, but I finally had a dead lady rise,

I just ministered to some sick people that got healed, the power of God was still on me , when my Capenter came crying that I should excuse him to go home, that he was just told that his sister just died, they wanted to take her to the mortuary and they wanted him to be there. (I had just read the book. MEGA SHIFT. if you read that book , you will have faith to raise the dead)

I asked him if she was born again, he said "no" I felt compassion that she was going to Hell. I prayed in tongues . I asked God to grant her another opportunity for her salvation. Then I put my hand on his own. I blew air on it. I told him to lay his hands on her and command her spirit to come back into her body. He went and do it and she rose up. Every body shouted. They later took her to hospital for check up. I had to rush there and fulfilled my own promise to God by leading her to christ.

Ha ha ha  grin Joagbaje raised someone from the dead and it did not secure him a one on one face to face with his boss, Chris 'Spiritual Vagabond' Oyakhilome? It did not make the newspapers? Well, I never!  grin
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by newmi(m): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Sirjohn
yes this what l am talking about what a great deliverance, to God be the glory and praise forever! Amen. Now watch this, it would be cynical and unreasonably canal if l begin to express doubt, questioning the authenticity of this glorious testimony perhaps by suggesting that you are no where to be found in the photos.
l believe like me several other persons are inspired and strengthened by this testimony as it does credence to the saving grace of God Almighty.
please share more!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Demainman1: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Pastor Joe, If ordinary you boi-boi can raise the dead, how come your papa in Chris never do the same? E be like say e don reach the time to go establish your own PLC ooo.

You go hammer big time no be small grin

Raising the dead is a powerful weapon for this una church business tongue
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by mabell: 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
smiley
you being travel?

Does Pastor Chris need to blow his trumpet afterall even if he does tell you of what miracles God does through him, will you still believe so it's not about who does the miracles, it's who believes and who does not
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Demainman1: 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Sorry oo. Maybe I miss the news. I never read say any pastor for naija don dey raise the dead now ooo. Waoh naija we too much shocked

Something keeps telling me say Christ will come back as a Nigerian. God is using us mightyly even without any infrastructure on the ground and with all our corrupt-ness. Chei!!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2011
newmi:

@Sirjohn
yes this what l am talking about what a great deliverance, to God be the glory and praise forever! Amen. Now watch this, it would be cynical and unreasonably canal if l begin to express doubt, questioning the authenticity of this glorious testimony perhaps by suggesting that you are no where to be found in the photos.
l believe like me several other persons are inspired and strengthened by this testimony as it does credence to the saving grace of God Almighty.
please share more!

@newmi, thanks!
This is just one of many several testimonies that I have and will definitely share them someday.
Do you mind me having your email?
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by KunleOshob(m): 8:34am On Mar 21, 2011
SirJohn:

@newmi, thanks!
This is just one of many several testimonies that I have and [b]will definitely share them someday.[/b]Do you mind me having your email?

Abeg share me for the testimonies too!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2011
KunleOshob:

Abeg share me for the testimonies too!

Off course Uncle Kuns, I will share it openly. . . Just wanted his email address so we could get to know each other better. lol!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by VivianSA: 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
@Sir John: that's an inspiring testimony.God's mercies are new everyday.He is indeed our sure guide.

Was glad to read it.
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2011
Vivian. SA:

@Sir John: that's an inspiring testimony.God's mercies are new everyday.He is indeed our sure guide.

Was glad to read it.

God be praised!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
I was glad to know many were touched by my testimony, heres another incident that took place few months before the on I shared earlier.
I hope it inspires someone again

MY TESTIMONY
This second incident happened few months before the one I shared earlier: Anyone who has traveled along the Enugu - Portharcourt expressway would understand what I'm about to share. . .

It also had to do with a special project, this time in Abia state. I have this special expertise in an area of my job so each time issues come up that require my 'know how', I would be called upon to go resolve the issue.
It was the first day of the project, it was 1800hrs, I had finished for the day and was heading back to base ( I was actually supposed to stay in a hotel in Abia State but decided to head back to Enugu).

Its about two hours from Umuahia to Enugu and just before 1900hrs it was already dark. I have heard stories about this highway, I even lost a friend some years back on the same road, he was felled by robbers bullet.
I had to take the chance since I didn't want to spend the night in Abia state. At exactly 1900hrs, we got close to Okigwe, by now it was already dark.
for those of you who have traveled along this road before, you know how bad the road can be at this point, I mean large potholes and stuff.

We got to this point where the road was really bad, the road is a dual carriage way but because of the extent of damage on one side of the road, motorists are forced to use the other side as a two way road. we got to a point on this road and then stopped;  a huge container truck was parked in front of us as though it was trying to cross the bad spot. there was no movement for a few seconds and then I asked my driver why he wasn't moving, he told me it was traffic jam but I refused to believe him; we argued back and forth for a while before he decided to come out of the vehicle to see why the vehicles in front weren't moving. While he was out of the vehicle, I had this cold feeling all over so I tried to reach for my phone and call the company security but I couldn't find my cell phone.

All of a sudden, I saw Efosa running back to our vehicle, he opened the door, jumped in and told me that all the cars in front have been deserted; I mean all had their head lamps on, doors open but no occupant. . . I immediately knew we were in a robbery zone.
I asked him to turn back as fast as he could, just as he was about doing this, a figure walked up to the side of the car where I was (passengers side) I looked to my side and saw a man clad in black clothing with a face cap on, holding a 9mm berretta to my face and said "if you move I'll shoot you" (you don't want to experience this, believe me)

Almost immediately, he pulled the door open and dragged me out (the doors were not locked because my driver didn't lock them when he got in). Then again something bizarre happened; immediately I was pulled out of the vehicle at gun point, Efosa sped off with the car. I lay face down in the middle of the highway and heard the sound of my vehicle speeding off and all I said to myself was "oh my goodness, now they're gonna shoot me". But the next thing I heard was "where’s the money" I was glad to hear that so I emptied my pockets, I must have had close to N20,000 on me. he demanded for my phone but I told him I left it in the car, I thought he was going to get mad and hit me but he didn't.  After they were convinced I had given them all I had on me, they let me go but asked me to run as fast as my legs can carry me. In all this, I was unbelievably calm, I couldn't believe how calm I was myself. While leaving the scene, I also discovered more of them spread out in different locations; they should be about ten of them.

After I left the scene, they started shooting sporadically into the air, calling themselves different names and taunting the police; I ran into a bush nearby and lay low till they were done and left the scene.
After about ten minutes in the bush, different thoughts started crisscrossing my mind, I wondered if I would make it through the night, I thought of wild animals, scorpions and snakes, I wondered if I could sleep through it all. After about an hour thirty minutes  in the bush, my mind could not take the barrage of thoughts any longer, I switched to survival mode. I took off my shirt (that was the only thing I had on that could reflect light and give me away) and walked out of the bush; at this point, I was ready to face whatever came my way. I looked left and right and everywhere was pitch black and so silent I could hear my own heartbeat. Immediately, I started running towards Abia state (this was 1 hour from me using a car) but who cares, I was on survival mode, I could do anything.

I ran for about ten minutes yet no vehicle in sight and no human person; all I heard were night birds, owls, crickets etc. suddenly a police patrol car pulled over in front of me, six policemen alighted from the car and all corked and pointed their AK 47 rifles at me ordering me to stop or they’ll fire. I stopped running, threw my hands up and asked them not to shoot. I narrated what happened in less than fifteen seconds; they believed me and put me inside their car. I heaved a huge sigh of relief as I could not believe what was happening, I thought I was dreaming.

The policemen took me back to okigwe, I told them I needed to use the ATM and they took me to one (I actually refused giving the robbers my card holder and thank God they didn’t search me). They later took me to a hotel, I paid for a room and then we went to the hotel restaurant where I bought refreshments for the policemen. I called my company’s security and I was told my driver had called and he has been asked to go back and locate me. Anyways, he came 30mins later and joined the celebration in the restaurant.

Later that night while I lay in bed, these thoughts ran through my mind:
What if the robbers had gone angry because my driver escaped with the vehicle?
What if I didn’t come out of the bush at the exact time I did and the policemen didn’t find me?
Where the policemen angels?
What if my driver hadn’t escaped and I had to lose more stuffs like my phone, laptop and the car?
What if I had given them my card holder and I didn’t have any means of getting money?

In all these things, we are indeed more than conquerors!!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by mabell: 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
The righteous will always prevail SirJohn
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Theotempo: 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2011
Thanks joe for that exhortation frm pst Chris, as pst has always said,u need to show the true miracle to prove the fake.people like them dont need to be argued wt, He uses the things of the foolish to confound the wise!until they ve a miracle,they will not appreciate one. Joe preach on the word,dont be distracted,refuse to be,many of us are getting blessed,even if its one person that gets blessed and saved,Angels re rejoicing in heaven. So mightly will grow the word of God and prevail.
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by VivianSA: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
@SirJohn
The testimony sounds incredible.But what concerns me is that against your inner man warning you of danger ahead,you still proceed.
The Holy Spirit guides as well through thoughts and signals he will impress in our spirit. I think its better to wait till you feel safe than procced.God is not a man that he might lie or change his mind.
Prov 22:3. A prudent person forsees danger and takes precaution.

Praise be to God.
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by Joagbaje(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
John, why were you pulling clothes and running after the danger was over? grin .
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

John, why were you pulling clothes and running after the danger was over? grin .

Pastor Joe, I think I stated the reason in my post cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by SirJohn(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
Vivian. SA:

@SirJohn
The testimony sounds incredible.But what concerns me is that against your inner man warning you of danger ahead,you still proceed.
The Holy Spirit guides as well through thoughts and signals he will impress in our spirit. I think its better to wait till you feel safe than procced.God is not a man that he might lie or change his mind.
Prov 22:3. A prudent person forsees danger and takes precaution.

Praise be to God.

You're right my dear, thank God I lived to learn my lesson
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by simplymee: 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
@poster
its really important that the moment you begin to grow, things(responsibilities) are given to you and as christians its rather important that we woke up to our responsibilities of reaching out with the gospel(good news) to the world cos they need these things. Power is for work Acts 1:8; And ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you;and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria , and unto the uttermost part fo the earth. Its for work.
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by simplymee: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ sir john
its great to read your testimonies on God's saving grace, it only shows that he is in charge of our lives in all affairs. He leads us beside still waters though they be trouble, he makes the crooked path straight.Psalm 121:8 ( The lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore. WE THANK GOD
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by vooks: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
SirJohn,
Do you have military background?
SirJohn:
I was glad to know many were touched by my testimony, heres another incident that took place few months before the on I shared earlier.
I hope it inspires someone again

MY TESTIMONY
This second incident happened few months before the one I shared earlier: Anyone who has traveled along the Enugu - Portharcourt expressway would understand what I'm about to share. . .

It also had to do with a special project, this time in Abia state. I have this special expertise in an area of my job so each time issues come up that require my 'know how', I would be called upon to go resolve the issue.
It was the first day of the project, it was 1800hrs, I had finished for the day and was heading back to base ( I was actually supposed to stay in a hotel in Abia State but decided to head back to Enugu).

Its about two hours from Umuahia to Enugu and just before 1900hrs it was already dark. I have heard stories about this highway, I even lost a friend some years back on the same road, he was felled by robbers bullet.
I had to take the chance since I didn't want to spend the night in Abia state. At exactly 1900hrs, we got close to Okigwe, by now it was already dark.
for those of you who have traveled along this road before, you know how bad the road can be at this point, I mean large potholes and stuff.

We got to this point where the road was really bad, the road is a dual carriage way but because of the extent of damage on one side of the road, motorists are forced to use the other side as a two way road. we got to a point on this road and then stopped;  a huge container truck was parked in front of us as though it was trying to cross the bad spot. there was no movement for a few seconds and then I asked my driver why he wasn't moving, he told me it was traffic jam but I refused to believe him; we argued back and forth for a while before he decided to come out of the vehicle to see why the vehicles in front weren't moving. While he was out of the vehicle, I had this cold feeling all over so I tried to reach for my phone and call the company security but I couldn't find my cell phone.

All of a sudden, I saw Efosa running back to our vehicle, he opened the door, jumped in and told me that all the cars in front have been deserted; I mean all had their head lamps on, doors open but no occupant. . . I immediately knew we were in a robbery zone.
I asked him to turn back as fast as he could, just as he was about doing this, a figure walked up to the side of the car where I was (passengers side) I looked to my side and saw a man clad in black clothing with a face cap on, holding a 9mm berretta to my face and said "if you move I'll shoot you" (you don't want to experience this, believe me)

Almost immediately, he pulled the door open and dragged me out (the doors were not locked because my driver didn't lock them when he got in). Then again something bizarre happened; immediately I was pulled out of the vehicle at gun point, Efosa sped off with the car. I lay face down in the middle of the highway and heard the sound of my vehicle speeding off and all I said to myself was "oh my goodness, now they're gonna shoot me". But the next thing I heard was "where’s the money" I was glad to hear that so I emptied my pockets, I must have had close to N20,000 on me. he demanded for my phone but I told him I left it in the car, I thought he was going to get mad and hit me but he didn't.  After they were convinced I had given them all I had on me, they let me go but asked me to run as fast as my legs can carry me. In all this, I was unbelievably calm, I couldn't believe how calm I was myself. While leaving the scene, I also discovered more of them spread out in different locations; they should be about ten of them.

After I left the scene, they started shooting sporadically into the air, calling themselves different names and taunting the police; I ran into a bush nearby and lay low till they were done and left the scene.
After about ten minutes in the bush, different thoughts started crisscrossing my mind, I wondered if I would make it through the night, I thought of wild animals, scorpions and snakes, I wondered if I could sleep through it all. After about an hour thirty minutes  in the bush, my mind could not take the barrage of thoughts any longer, I switched to survival mode. I took off my shirt (that was the only thing I had on that could reflect light and give me away) and walked out of the bush; at this point, I was ready to face whatever came my way. I looked left and right and everywhere was pitch black and so silent I could hear my own heartbeat. Immediately, I started running towards Abia state (this was 1 hour from me using a car) but who cares, I was on survival mode, I could do anything.

I ran for about ten minutes yet no vehicle in sight and no human person; all I heard were night birds, owls, crickets etc. suddenly a police patrol car pulled over in front of me, six policemen alighted from the car and all corked and pointed their AK 47 rifles at me ordering me to stop or they’ll fire. I stopped running, threw my hands up and asked them not to shoot. I narrated what happened in less than fifteen seconds; they believed me and put me inside their car. I heaved a huge sigh of relief as I could not believe what was happening, I thought I was dreaming.

The policemen took me back to okigwe, I told them I needed to use the ATM and they took me to one (I actually refused giving the robbers my card holder and thank God they didn’t search me). They later took me to a hotel, I paid for a room and then we went to the hotel restaurant where I bought refreshments for the policemen. I called my company’s security and I was told my driver had called and he has been asked to go back and locate me. Anyways, he came 30mins later and joined the celebration in the restaurant.

Later that night while I lay in bed, these thoughts ran through my mind:
What if the robbers had gone angry because my driver escaped with the vehicle?
What if I didn’t come out of the bush at the exact time I did and the policemen didn’t find me?
Where the policemen angels?
What if my driver hadn’t escaped and I had to lose more stuffs like my phone, laptop and the car?
What if I had given them my card holder and I didn’t have any means of getting money?

In all these things, we are indeed more than conquerors!!
Re: Pastor Chris: Maturity Is For Responsibility by lastmessenger: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
Joagbaje:
@ Sir john.
She told me you were lying. She admitted she wasnt cooperating initially . When a stranger called her and started questioning her.
And I reasoned with her. She was going through a marital whatever. She was even afraid of the man finding out about this blindness she had before. She doesn't want to remember it. I told you she had a situation with her walk as a christian. These are personal things with her I dont want to bring open . So if someone suddenly appear and asking her such question she would be reluctant but when you said her testimony may bless others , she agreed and told you everything. I don't know her frame of mind right now. You your self said she told you she didn't like the idea of someone using her testimony for advertisement . I cant put her number here. After your treatment of her case. We can do conference call with her brother . he may talk with her if she would be willing. Shey you have her number. But as a counsellor , I advise you to be careful when dealing with a woman with some marital concerns. I dont want to win an argument. Every testimony I share are truth.
All those things you wrote up there does not make sense to me because it came from the one who has denied the faith by not providing for his family and folks like you watched it happen.
Mr jo you and all the other pastors in CE are just doing a job and you guys are far from being ministers of Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Non Muslim Walking Into Mosque For Help / How To Convert An Atheist / Anambra Tragedy: God And Our Gross National Lunacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.