Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! (22361 Views)

ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue / Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by solaere(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2020
everyone struggling for their cut of the ncake
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by poiZon: 8:08am On Nov 05, 2020
Zeion422:
ASUU and FG knows exactly what they are doing....it only a fool dat will believe they are fighting for the average Nigeria student......
Nigerian students r fools to some extent.

Backstabbers and greedy entity dominates those ones.
Imagine some states like my state akwaibom no bursary for donkey years but the student union leaders r building houses, buying cars here and there. They can't even fight the the course of those students who are not opportune and fortunate to come from rich homes.
Leave Nigerian students o... Their case worse.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by BigMamaNaija: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2020
Lemme quote somebody (with some modifications).

The way FG-ASUU meetings usually go...
ASUU: Give us our money
FG: No

After some minutes
ASUU: Let's come back after a week and repeat this for five hours
FG: Alright, that'd be great. Waiters, share the refreshment.. cheesy grin

By the way, since IPPIS is the "ONLY government approved payment platform", are politicians on IPPIS? Nonsense and ingredients. embarassed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by BigMamaNaija: 8:14am On Nov 05, 2020
Exactly the reason why the solution to Nigeria's problem is not putting youth in power. Some youth are equally or more deadly. Nigeria just needs a firm leader with strong sympathy for the suffering poor; irrespective of age.

poiZon:

Nigerian students r fools to some extent.

Backstabbers and greedy entity dominates those ones.
Imagine some states like my state akwaibom no bursary for donkey years but the student union leaders r building houses, buying cars here and there. They can't even fight the the course of those students who are not opportune and fortunate to come from rich homes.
Leave Nigerian students o... Their case worse.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by aaking(m): 8:16am On Nov 05, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Nah students I really pity, u guys should hold the FG accountable and y'all should forget about school opening this year, till next year probably, If I were u I would go and sharpen my skills to make money, cuz this current FG doesn't care, Buhari feels his cows are better than Nigerians.

Northerners uses religion to blindfold there people whereas there Children study abroad, use sharia to monitor the poor

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Job2004: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2020
I'm with ASUU 100%.
Our leaders don't see the need fix anything in this country.
They send their children to the best schools in US and Europe while Nigerians who cannot afford private universities are schooling in glorified secondary schools called Universities
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Ustec: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Pull out from where? are u high? do u even know the that the current president is lecturing in a state school
And how does it make any sense to you.
State universities are run by state governments..the only thing they benefit from federal government is education trust funds and maybe grants some times.
So States owned universities should not be in the forefront of the Union fight with the Federal government, it does not make any sense jareey.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by petroldollar: 8:32am On Nov 05, 2020
Na them sabi ooo
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by jolyment: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2020
Zeion422:
ASUU and FG knows exactly what they are doing....it only a fool dat will believe they are fighting for the average Nigeria student......

Do you think FG love average Nigerians? ASUU is fighting FG to fund universities properly. Without ASUU public universities will look like public secondary schools. Now FG has agreed to pay part of the allowances for lecturers but ASUU still says FG should fund universities properly and fulfill signed agreement. Without ASUU public universities won't be tuition free.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Collinsemegreat(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2020
sirgalahad26:
Let's be realistic, resumption this year is not feasible anymore!
Even of school resumes, we have just few weeks to Christmas break so why don't we just lock up and expect resumption next year!

how sure are you school won't resume June next year?

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 05, 2020
This people will not hear word until students and parents come out to protest.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by OSUWAKEABAM(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2020
God please help my country,thethe leaders, give them wisdom to know that no amount of money invested in education is too much. Father oh lord touch the hearts of my people, my brothers, the ones you have created close to me,by geography,we became one by region,tribe,ethnicity,states we answered the same name Nigeria.Father in Heaven let my people know that lack of education and poor education is so dangerous to any nation and so expensive to that nation.The more the society has an educated and informed actors its easier to have a civilized and developed country.Baba God, please I worry much for my country. please Help America too. Help Trump. Help Biden.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by jolyment: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2020
franciskaine:
the corruption in the university system won't allow this lecturers accept IPPIS. They are so used to their duplicitous income.
i

Which corruption? Is it ASUU that runs universities? FG can fight corruption if there's evidence. IPPIS is a scam ,go and ask the people on IPPIS. Why did NNPC reject it?

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Bomboiy: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2020
Anny505:

No follow start dey hustle, dey wait make ASUU call off strike

Why una dey talk like this? So because of hustling I should forget my dreams and aspirations.

This is why ASUU and FG are playing with our future,we have been on strike for 8 months but NO hustling should be the most important thing. We should be quiet and allow ourselves to be ruined because of one yeye hustle. Which hustling is More important than your degree?

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by ofiko123(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2020
ASUU FG both of you are MAD..
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 05, 2020
franciskaine:
until Nigerians start realising that Nigeria is a very poor country, the better for us. The fact still remains we lack disciplined leaders. Our population has far outgrown the finances for critical sectors. A population check is the most ideal thing for any serious govt.
population check?.... Sir I believe that the population has nothing to do with the lack of discipline of our leaders.... Pa chinua Achebe said that in his book"The trouble with Nigeria" Our population ought to be where our strenght lies.... Including economical strength...but in a case where people with lack of experience,lack of wisdom and unpatriotic are elected them we ought not to expect nothing but failure...And I still blame this on Nigerians... Nigerians elect their leaders not based on what good the person have in mind for this country but base on sentiment and emotions.... And that's where the issues arise....
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2020
DAVE5:

You want the political class to give some of the money they wanted to loot, when they know the money gan would be looted by those who want to receive it?
hmm... from the onset Nigeria has been a loot case.... You see.....We are the future of ourselves....if they like let them loot the money...it's for a little while....I believe revolution is brewing....The end to all this shit is almost here.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by chaloskyx: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2020
IS THAT SO BUT YOU CAN AFFORD BILLIONS FOR YOUR SALARIES RIGHT? UNIVERSITIES SHOULD NOT RESUME AND DECLEARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY UNTIL MINISTERS SENATORS AND KEY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS REDUCE THEIR SALARY OR THEY MAKE BUDGET PROVISION TO TAKE CARE OF THE EDUCATION SECTOR
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2020
It is already November.

No matter what happens between FG and ASUU this year, schools can't resume this year again.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Joshmanuel10(m): 9:33am On Nov 05, 2020
Undergraduates they wait, what of ppl way dey wait for admission grin
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Gabbriell: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2020
bahaushe1:

Ngige is a cunny politician; the 110bn he is emphasizing is not the main issue. I am sure ASUU will accept 20bn for revitalization.

The 30bn EAA is also acceptable if FGN will source something for other unions.

The main issue now is withheld salaries and ippis.

It's not going to work that way. They demanded 110 billions ( for revitalization alone) and you offer 20bn. Forget it, even if FG give them 30bn for their earned allowances...ASUU won't agree because the fund for revitalization is too low. The The FG cannot bribe this ASUU (with 30bn) like other unions.

The best way is to set up payment schedule for the 110 bn for revitalization . Maybe they pay 22bn once in every six months. That way the pay the whole money in less than 3years.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by JJmubby: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:
grin grin grin Cheer up my fellow comarde... Las las our bitterleaf go sweet inside pot. At the bolded... I don comot mind for the whole thing since 3 weeks ago

Omo me too, e no easy. embarassed
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by naptha: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2020
Slimdan360:
let state schools at least pull out na,how can u be on strike because somebody's employer refuses to pay him,na wa o
Many states unis have pulled out. Kwasu is currently writing exam
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by dfrost: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2020
Slimdan360:
let state schools at least pull out na,how can u be on strike because somebody's employer refuses to pay him,na wa o

The word is called solidarity. If something no affect you today, e go affect you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by dfrost: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2020
Gabbriell:

It's not going to work that way. They demanded 110 billions ( for revitalization alone) and you offer 20bn. Forget it, even if FG give them 30bn for their earned allowances...ASUU won't agree because the fund for revitalization is too low. The The FG cannot bribe this ASUU (with 30bn) like other unions.

The best way is to set up payment schedule for the 110 bn for revitalization . Maybe they pay 22bn once in every six months. That way the pay the whole money in less than 3years.

This is exactly where problem. ASUU is saying NO because FG did not meet up with the agreement during Jonathan's time. That is why they are not bulging. This same thing you are suggesting was the agreement they had.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Abatemtem(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2020
Developing and acquiring skills (informal or formal) are integral part of education so I wonder why you assume I do not have some.

I wonder where Nigerians got this wack mentality from. I like book no mean say I no get marketable skills..I'm just more interested in getting more quality education since it's what makes me happy.

On the contrary, I'm surrounded by people who banked on degree and make it big/make something good out of it in less than 3 years so....
Abcruz:

Been passionate about school doesn't prevent you from learning a skill. If you should look at the current state of Nigeria, banking on the degree alone may lead you off the bridge.

Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by forghe(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2020
Slash the exorbitant and unnecessary salaries of these lazy and inefficient politicians and more than that 110biliion will come out

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Olajydeey: 10:45am On Nov 05, 2020
I am a serious, student o
But I am just not ready to resume this Year..let's shift it to next year abeg
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by cuteplum(f): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2020
Wahala for who want resume school this year. Some of us are not ready yet ooo
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by slyayok: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2020
Olajydeey:
I am a serious, student o
But I am just not ready to resume this Year..let's shift it to next year abeg
What gives you the impression we're even resuming this year seff? I want us to resume ASAP sha.
Abeg for those who are saying we should forget about school and go hustle, see eh, that degree is important and these old men weren't denied of having theirs, so if you think hustling now is the best thing for you, I wish you all the best sha, we move!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Check Uniuyo Semester Results Online | / Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School. / What's The Funniest Reason You Got Kicked Out Of Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.