Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! (22359 Views)

ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue / Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock / Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Pancakeey(f): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2020
inteli:
Where is NANS? This is the period they would have used to shine and wins the hearts of their fellow students. Hmm! Pity sad
Honestly, I hate NANS with everything.
Those people who are meant to stand up and fight for the students have already turned puppets in the hands of FG.

I’m not even surprised their president was caught embezzling funds.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Damian10(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2020
if una finally end all this saga nah una shame...underworld pipu
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by NwadykExcel(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2020
Au79:
this news really saddens my heart...7years plus in the university all beacause of one form of strike or the other..
using one tool to fight the government over and over again yet no tangible lasting solution. wont you change tactics..i mean its only a fool who does something in a particular way and manner over again and expects a different result..haba.. wherever you read or hear the name ASUU there will surely be the word "strike" in that same sentence or coversation...very annoying lots..i
u hardly see foreign students in nigeria universities these days cos of thi incessant disruption of academic calenders...the government is iirseponsibe..yes we know! but must you further contribute to the decay of our tertiary institutions..u say if not fot ASUU struggle, nigeria federal universities would av been on shambles or the school fees would have been exhorbitantly high. bla bla bla....now i ask u ASUU, are schools like uniilorin,lasu and other states universities not doing well too? are the school fees of these institution very high?
looking forward to seeing that day when i will read news like " ASUU urges the federal government to heed to its demands or else they would temporarily call of its members to discontinue the research of a vaccine for endemic illness like say malaria, or drugs or economics , agricultural, minning , conflict resolutional strategies..."..never!!! all you hear is ASUU threatens strike, strike and strike cos of cos thats the only bargainin power they have.....mtchheeww
and for those of you praying for school to resume next year, well i believe you guys are still kids in probably your first or second year( no insult intended) my prayer for u is that may ASUU strike and other strikes that may continue to happen in future not put u in a position that jobs would reject you not cos u didnt do excellently well in job intervies but simply because you have exceeded the age limit needed for employment
#EndAsuuSrike

Quite true!
I have hardly seen ASUU threaten the Government with much better tactics.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by NwadykExcel(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2020
mudiana:
I think u feel it's only tru school you can achieve something in life, that's not true. I have a master's but lemme shock u, I haven't used both my b.sc Nd m.sc to get a job. I learnt how to fix laptops in 3 months Nd steadily I grew from dere to selling laptops. I have a big business by God's grace now. School is good no doubt but don't let it limit your progress in life. You can achieve more without school, just look for what you are passionate about and go for it. soon it will become a money magnet for u.

Must money be the central topic for everything?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by NwadykExcel(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2020
Abatemtem:
Those of us that are passionate about school and education nko?

Guy ask him ooo.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by NwadykExcel(m): 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2020
Bomboiy:

Why una dey talk like this? So because of hustling I should forget my dreams and aspirations.

This is why ASUU and FG are playing with our future,we have been on strike for 8 months but NO hustling should be the most important thing. We should be quiet and allow ourselves to be ruined because of one yeye hustle. Which hustling is More important than your degree?

Bless you!
Someone that thinks like me!
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by ogaontop(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
bahaushe1:

Ngige is a cunny politician; the 110bn he is emphasizing is not the main issue. I am sure ASUU will accept 20bn for revitalization.

The 30bn EAA is also acceptable if FGN will source something for other unions.

The main issue now is withheld salaries and ippis.
You're very correct!

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Opmic: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2020
Each one of our Senators are Billonaires, Present and past Governors are Billonaires, Present and Ministers are Billionaires and We cant afford 110 billion for the university system of the giant of Africa.
When ?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by slyayok: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2020
slyayok:
What gives you the impression we're even resuming this year seff? I want us to resume ASAP sha.
Abeg for those who are saying we should forget about school and go hustle, see eh, that degree is important and these old men weren't denied from having theirs, so if you think hustling now is the best thing for you, I wish you all the best sha, we move!
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by DAVE5(m): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2020
Doradorwa:
hmm... from the onset Nigeria has been a loot case.... You see.....We are the future of ourselves....if they like let them loot the money...it's for a little while....I believe revolution is brewing....The end to all this shit is almost here.

It must end

We no fit continue like this nah
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by emoney09: 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2020
Oh
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by ukpono10: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
But the FG can afford 128 billion naira for the NASSS in the 2021 budget .It's only in a zoo that a Senator can earn over 1.2 million naira as newspaper allowance monthly while Research is grossly underfunded in tertiary institutions .

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bahaushe1: 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
Gabbriell:

It's not going to work that way. They demanded 110 billions ( for revitalization alone) and you offer 20bn. Forget it, even if FG give them 30bn for their earned allowances...ASUU won't agree because the fund for revitalization is too low. The The FG cannot bribe this ASUU (with 30bn) like other unions.

The best way is to set up payment schedule for the 110 bn for revitalization . Maybe they pay 22bn once in every six months. That way the pay the whole money in less than 3years.

Twenty billion naira for revitalization can be accepted if other demands are taken care of. I am an ASUU member; I Know what I am saying.

The union has accepted 20bn for revitalization in the past, 2017/2019.

The genesis for revitalization is a NEEDS assessment report by a FGN committee that put 1.1tr as the money required to revitalize Nigerian public universities. FGN and ASUU agreed to spread the payment over a period of five years, 220bn annually.

The first tranch was paid in 2013 and there has never been any payment since then except for 20bn released last year.

The 20bn offered by FGN is to serve as a 'sign of good faith' that government is committed to the payment of the money.

The 110bn requested by the union is 50% of a single tranch.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bahaushe1: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
jolyment:

The revitalization fund is crucial too, let them fund universities properly.

Yes it is. It is what students, parents, and other Nigerians will benefit from directly.

No ASUU member will get anything from revitalization fund; it is for infrastructural development.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bahaushe1: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
franciskaine:
the corruption in the university system won't allow this lecturers accept IPPIS. They are so used to their duplicitous income.

Can you please give me some examples of cases of corruption in the system?

And if there is indeed corruption in the system what stoped EFCC and IPCP from prosecuting the culprits?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Gabbriell: 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2020
bahaushe1:

Twenty billion naira for revitalization can be accepted if other demands are taken care of. I am an ASUU member; I Know what I am saying.

The union has accepted 20bn for revitalization in the past, 2017/2019.

The genesis for revitalization is a NEEDS assessment report by a FGN committee that put 1.1tr as the money required to revitalize Nigerian public universities. FGN and ASUU agreed to spread the payment over a period of five years, 220bn annually.

The first tranch was paid in 2013 and there has never been any payment since then except for 20bn released last year.

The 20bn offered by FGN is to serve as a 'sign of good faith' that government is committed to the payment of the money.

The 110bn requested by the union is 50% of a single tranch.

Ok, thanks for the explanations.

But i have a question, since both party are still not on the same stand regarding UTAS pending when the integrity test has been carried out. Is it not better ASUU request for their salaries via the old payment system pending when UTAS has been tested since ASUU is against IPPIS for universities . That way school can be in session while they carryout their various test b4 implementation.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
bahaushe1:

Can you please give me some examples of cases of corruption in the system?

And if there is indeed corruption in the system what stoped EFCC and IPCP from prosecuting the culprits?
except you didn't go through the Nigerian university system, then your question becomes appropriate. The Nigeria university system is a shame in itself.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Dreamliner787(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2020
mudiana:
I think u feel it's only tru school you can achieve something in life, that's not true. I have a master's but lemme shock u, I haven't used both my b.sc Nd m.sc to get a job. I learnt how to fix laptops in 3 months Nd steadily I grew from dere to selling laptops. I have a big business by God's grace now. School is good no doubt but don't let it limit your progress in life. You can achieve more without school, just look for what you are passionate about and go for it. soon it will become a money magnet for u.

Bros.. people's ways are different.. my passion doesn't lie in anything related outside academics.. I currently work in the island in Lagos but then.. I still clamor for an earnest resumption because that's where apparently my passion lies.. and I know it's worth

Sorry for the late response, was at work
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by Chibueze90: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2020
Gabbriell:

But i have a question, since both party are still not on the same stand regarding UTAS pending when the integrity test has been carried out. Is it not better ASUU request for their salaries via the old payment system pending when UTAS has been tested since ASUU is against IPPIS for universities . That way school can be in session while they carryout their various test b4 implementation.

ASUU suggested such to Fg ..
but according to ngige, he said the only platform fg uses in payment of salary is IPPIS,.. My question is what platform do they use for politicians, nnpc , custom and army salary payment?

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by bahaushe1: 8:45am On Nov 06, 2020
Gabbriell:

Welcome.

That what ASUU is asking for and that what FGN is resisting. ASUU want withheld salaries of her members (June to date) and subsequent salary payments to be made via old system of salary payment, GIFMIS. However, FGN is insisting that ASUU members will only be paid via IPPIS in the interim pending the outcome of the integrity test of UTAS.

There are at least two problems with this position taken by FGN:

1) Trust: can FGN be trusted to fulfill her promise to migrate ASUU members from IPPIS to UTAS when the later pass integrity test or will it requires another strike in 2021 or 2022?

2) FGN paid our salaries of February to June using IPPIS template even though we did not officially enroll on the platform. What stopped them from continueing to pay using this template since June? Had they continued to pay withheld salaries would not have been an issue in the ongoing negotiation.

May ASUU members suspect that some people in government are benefiting from the enrollment process. Indeed there are claims that for every staff enrolled on ippis FGN pays 16$ to the owners of the platform. Of course if this is true then someone in Nigeria is getting something out of that 16$ and is bent on making sure every lecturer enroll before receiving salary though payment can be made without enrolment.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by genitori(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2020
naptha:
Many states unis have pulled out. Kwasu is currently writing exam
Please, do you know about the post graduate programs in kwasu? what programs do they run and when does registration start
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! by genitori(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2020
naptha:
Many states unis have pulled out. Kwasu is currently writing exam
Please, do you have any idea about the post graduate programs in kwasu?
what post grad progrrams do they run and when does registration commence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Candidates’ Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria / How To Check Uniuyo Semester Results Online | / Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.