Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? (1294 Views)

Can Someone List The Allegations Of Corruption Against GEJ? / Soludo Publishes Chart To Illustrate His Accusation Against GEJ / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
WHY IS EVERYONE IN NAIRALAND AGAINST GEJ, OUR BELOVED PRESIDO?

I TRY TO TALK TO SOME PEOPLE ON THE STREETS OF PORT HARCOURT; BUT THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE NOT AS AGAINST GEJ AS THE MAJORITY OF NAIRALANDERS HERE.

DEFINITELY, IF ELECTIONS WERE TO BE CONDUCTED IN NAIRALAND ALONE, GEJ WILL LOSE BIG TIME BECOS BUHARI HAS MORE FANS ONLINE AND ON NAIRALAND THAN RIBADU AND GEJ PUT TOGETHER.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE AND I WILL SAY AGAIN, NEITHER GEJ OR BUHARI CAN WORK MAGIC. TO ACHIEVE ANYTHING WORTHWHILE IN THIS COUNTRY, YOU NEED A MINIMUM OF 4 YEARS. TO TRANSFORM NIGERIA, YOU NEED AT LEAST 10 YEARS; SO WOTS ALL THIS "FRENZY" ABOUT BUHARI OR RIBADU.

I LOVE GEJ AND WOULD VOTE FOR HIM. AM NOT ASKING YOU TO VOTE GEJ; BUT PLEASE STOP INSULTING MY GUY AS IF YOU WOULD DO BETTER IF YOU WERE PUT IN THAT SEAT. RULING NIGERIA IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Udevex: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
It is doctored.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by appletango: 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
You're a bit sensitive aren't you mate. You need to toughen up a bit. I can almost hear you crying from all the way over here in London.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Johndoe100(m): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
Most people here are not real Nigerians and there are a lot of paid agents . This place does not represent Nigeria anymore than Wonderland in Alice in Wonderland represents a real country.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by appletango: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2011
Oh but the wonderland does exist. You just haven't been there yet. It is truly fabulous.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by jason123: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2011
Johndoe100:

Most people here are not real Nigerians and there are a lot of paid agents . This place does not represent Nigeria anymore than Wonderland in Alice in Wonderland represents a real country.

Or you are the paid agent?? It takes one to know one, innit
UP BUHARI jare!!!! No more ethnic politics in Nigeria. Can you imagine a whole president telling the non-swesterners to vote for him in the SW if the yorubas do not vote for him?? Isn't that statement ethnically motivated?? Isn't that statement provocative angry
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Muza(m): 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
Where were u when evry1 was for GEJ,
STFU!, carry go BB, no shaking.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by kodewrita(m): 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2011
jason123:

UP BUHARI jare!!!! No more ethnic politics in Nigeria. Can you imagine a whole president telling the non-swesterners to vote for him in the SW if the yorubas do not vote for him?? Isn't that statement ethnically motivated?? Isn't that statement provocative angry
if you have evidence of that, then rest assured his opponents get my vote.

I guess nairaland is the only place in nigeria with sufficient anonymity to allow us speak our true minds. We think he's gonna steal us blind while smiling sheepishly and reminding us of his "goodluck"
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by AljUche: 4:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
jason123:

good one take a look
kodewrita:

I guess nairaland is the only place in nigeria with sufficient anonymity to allow us speak our true minds. We think he's gonna steal us blind while smiling sheepishly and reminding us of his "goodluck"

If Chief Oliver Akubueze, President of the Lagos State Chapter of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo took to heart the recent admonition of President Goodluck Jonathan on how to win Lagos State in the 2011 elections, he did not say. But it was more than implied that the heretical thesis propounded by Jonathan on December 19 in Ibadan had crossed Akubueze’s mind. During the meeting with Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) delegates at Mapo Hall in Ibadan, the president had moaned that if Lagos was lost again in the next elections, the PDP would continue to be tormented. More, said Jonathan ominously and subversively, “…The figure of supporters I have of other ethnic groups in Lagos show that PDP can beat any other partyI assure you that we are committed and I encourage you to work harder to win Southwest clearly, especially Oyo, Ogun and Lagos,” At the time analysts excoriated the president for seeming to insinuate ethnic politics into Lagos life, perhaps out of desperation. It was understood that the president was asking other ethnic groups in Lagos to vote only PDP, even if the Yoruba continued to vote for the state’s ruling Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

No one could explain why the president felt other ethnic groups supported the PDP only and resented or distrusted the ACN; or why he thought even if other ethnic groups numbered so significantly as to affect election outcomes as he imagined, they must invariably vote for the PDP. Well, we needn’t wonder for much longer. Chief Akabueze underlined the president’s ethnic hypothesis a few days ago when he gave the population of the Igbo in Lagos as four million. This huge figure, which he concluded formed over 40 percent of the state population, could vote in one direction in 2011, assuming they all voted. That direction, he solemnly warned, could be opposed to that of the ACN if Governor Babatunde Fashola failed to appreciate the contributions of the Igbo in the development of the state or continued to relegate them in the scheme of things. He didn’t expatiate. But just in case anyone doubted where he drew inspiration from for his deductions, Akabueze echoed Jonathan’s perspective by suggesting that whichever party the Igbo voted for would win the election in Lagos.

W[b]hen Jonathan made his ethnically-inspired extrapolation, and was roundly condemned, few thought anyone would thoughtlessly latch on to it so soon, especially considering our political history, recent events in Jos and the general conflagrations that have accompanied ethnic rivalries since the 1960s. But politics is not often conducted with the best of sobriety. Apart from the fact that there are no reliable figures of Lagos’ ethnic mix, interest groups ought to by now recognise what dangers resorting to ethnic politics constitute for everybody. A better approach would have been for opinion moulders and interest group mobilisers to educate the electorate on the advantages of voting for candidates with the best progressive and developmental agenda. Sadly, Jonathan did not advise himself well on the matter of Lagos politics. Akabueze made it worse by lighting a fuse under the incendiary statement; for as everyone knows, instigation is a double-edged sword.    [/b]

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/editorial/hardball/23661.html
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by jason123: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
^^^^ Thanks Alhaji!

kodewrita:

There you go!
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by egift(m): 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
Abandon Jonathan?

That is what happens when, Jonathan:
- He start sharing Biscuits
- Blaming opposition for his failures
- Supporting Militants
- Inactive over national security
- Surrounded by the finest crooks Nigeria ever produced
- Support ethnic-base politics
- Cannot call his wife to order
- Hoping to be voted in base on pity
- Depleting our reserve (even when we are making more money than ever)
- Looking for another person to blame when things go wrong
- Trying to sit out Nigerians problem
- Asking us to pray for kidnapper to come and confess.
- Flying a murder suspect to PDP rally
- Sitting at the VIP stand with the newest ex-convict in town
- No clear leadership
- Promise, abandon, promise, re-promise, but no plans.
- Steal big no problem, steal small and appear on NPF crime fighter series

Now we have opportunity to clean this mess - Vote BB2011 grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by meine: 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Poster

It was BEAF nd other paid agent that exposed jonathan's incompetence. Before now I wasn't suporting anybody, I was just an observer but suddenly I saw BEAF flooding nairaland with jonathan this ,jonathan that and lapping up any silly ting the guy does.

So I went back,did my research and got to see the light in this BB ticket,so without any monetary gain I became a BB advocate.

Lies can run for a thousand years but the truth catches up. Between yesterday and today I have converted 13 voters to this camp and I am not being paid.

Just meet us @ d polls in april,u wil see wonders!!!
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Abagworo(m): 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2011
Beaf caused GEJ's popularity to dwindle online.

I was a totally in support of GEJ until the October 1st bombing.He committed a sin against his own people and "Beaf" came on to justify all those wrong actions.

Dokpesi is in his campaign team now.IBB is his Godfather now.Okigbo report is about being dumped now.

Henry Okah(the true freedom fighter) is now a terrorist while the real terrorists were given amnesty and paid billions of Dollars.

In the East,people are rooting for Jonathan purely on ethnic and regional affiliations and not competence.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by jason123: 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2011
Abagworo:

I was a totally in support of GEJ until the October 1st bombing.He committed a sin against his own people and "Beaf" came on to justify all those wrong actions.

Dokpesi is in his campaign team now.IBB is his Godfather now.Okigbo report is about being dumped now.

Henry Okah(the true freedom fighter) is now a terrorist while the real terrorists were given amnesty and paid billions of Dollars.

In the East,people are rooting for Jonathan purely on ethnic and regional affiliations and not competence.

The whole country knows this. That is why I asked the question, "after GEJ, what next?" If we have a good president, will it not be good for us all?
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by jason123: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2011
Abagworo:

@ BOLDED

You could not have said that better. God bless you.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Udevex: 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2011
LOL!

Some people must be pretty shallow or lacking in values, if they can judge the President of their country based on what Beaf say's or doesn't say. Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unu go wound pesin o! grin grin grin grin

Imagine Abagworo the Atiku cheerleader claiming strange love for GEJ . . .until Beaf decided to love GEJ too! Lol!
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by meine: 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2011
@u dey vex

Its ur tinkin dat is shallow,d poster asked a question" why don't pple support jonathan on nairaland and I answered", obviously u don't comprehend good english, Its an umblella feature, olodo
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by naijaking1: 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
Everybody is not against GEJ, however, you'll see that the same folks who were against GEJ becoming a substantive President are also the ones who support Ciroma and his group, who don't see how a southerner could become president after Yardua died.
One other point is to watch the number of post of these "many" Buhari supporters, because of them are less than 200, meaning that people are busy registering and re-registering to voice a psuedo-support for Buhari.
We can't be fooled.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Demdem(m): 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2011
egift:

Abandon Jonathan?

That is what happens when, Jonathan:
- He start sharing Biscuits
- Blaming opposition for his failures
- Supporting Militants
- Inactive over national security
- Surrounded by the finest crooks Nigeria ever produced
- Support ethnic-base politics
- Cannot call his wife to order
- Hoping to be voted in base on pity
- Depleting our reserve (even when we are making more money than ever)
- Looking for another person to blame when things go wrong
- Trying to sit out Nigerians problem
- Asking us to pray for kidnapper to come and confess.
- Flying a murder suspect to PDP rally
- Sitting at the VIP stand with the newest ex-convict in town
- No clear leadership
- Promise, abandon, promise, re-promise, but no plans.
- Steal big no problem, steal small and appear on NPF crime fighter series

Now we have opportunity to clean this mess - Vote BB2011 grin grin grin

And above all, he called IBB his father in PUBLIC. Can u Imagine. The guy fall my hand no be small
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by egift(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2011
naijaking1:

Everybody is not against GEJ, however, you'll see that the same folks who were against GEJ becoming a substantive President are also the ones who support Ciroma and his group, who don't see how a southerner could become president after Yardua died.
One other point is to watch the number of post of these "many" Buhari supporters, because of them are less than 200, meaning that people are busy registering and re-registering to voice a psuedo-support for Buhari.
We can't be fooled.

Have you seen my post count (egift (m) Nigeria Posts: 1117). You must be referring to Beaf and his "U De Vex" (U de vex? Posts: 282) - who is a Jonathan's stone cold man and is desecrating everywhere on Nairaland.  grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by egift(m): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2011
Demdem:

And above all, he called IBB his father in PUBLIC. Can u Imagine. The guy fall my hand no be small

And to make matter worst he added and his mentor who have been advising him since before his days as Deputy Governor. Imagine
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2011
Because a few of us beleived in him and marched, believed and even fought for him to be made president, what did he do after becoming President? he surrounds himself with known crooks who were to cawordly to believe in him like we did, who never want anything good for the nation but themselves, show me your friends and i will show you who i will vote for.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by OAM4J: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2011
aisha2:

Because a few of us beleived in him and marched, believed and even fought for him to be made president, what did he do after becoming President? he surrounds himself with known crooks who were to cawordly to believe in him like we did, who never want anything good for the nation but themselves,  show me your friends and i will show you who i will vote for.

Gbam!

OP

Majority of Nigerians will be against GEJ before the election

Like my Americana friend will say 'You aint see norin yet'  grin

BB all the way!
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
norin?? Who says 'norin'? What kind of 'america friends' do you have there? hick?? ROFLMAOS
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by OAM4J: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

norin?? Who says 'norin'? What kind of 'america friends' do you have there? hick?? ROFLMAOS

leave my friend jor, whether he call am nothing, or norin or notin, all na same  grin
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by seanet02: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2011
Because he is a Retard0ooooooo
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by otokx(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2011
if only june 12 can repeat itself again
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by monkeyleg: 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2011
I think Aisha2 has aticualated the point very well. I remember last year starting a thread about the absense of our then president, and how Nigerians could not be left in a vaccum. I remember galvanising my friends and family to join the march both in the UK and Nigeria, all becuase we felt Goddy should be given a chance. Then what happened, he started surrounding himself with thieves and crooks, quickly shwoing his true colour, that he didnt represent any change that the good people of Nigeria deserved, and simply put that is one big reason why I will not vote for him or get anyone I know to.

For those who need reminding, please follow the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-373728.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=377940.msg5273768#msg5273768
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=379078.msg5286941#msg5286941
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-380198.0.html

Nigerians are too quick to forget.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 14, 2011
Everyone is not against him but definitely not all are for him! GEJ is in a difficult situation cos naija politics has changed because the rot in governance has gotten to its peak and there are more awareness and ethnic colourations to issues. Hes fighting a battle, a battle with no guarantee of winning cos even our northern abokis support is not sure like babas ijebu game (THE NORTHERN ELITE MAY DECIDE OVERNIGHT TO VOTE BUHARI). So he needs to parley as many CROOKS within different geopolitical zone as possible to win cos its a game of survival of the fittest and it all comes down to numbers at the end! Lets stop the yabbing and name calling and vote whosoever our choice is. Its politics, unfortunately our POLITRICS!
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
The same way everyone on nairaland was supporting him when he was still serving as Turais Houseboy last year

When he came out ppl now saw his cluelessness and mumu nature.

Some ppl are better kept in the background.
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by paulkalu(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
The handwriting is already boldly written on the wall.its only the myopic thats not seeing it.who has ever fought with nature? Lets be wise,VOTE GOODLUCK!
Re: Why Is Everyone In Nairaland Against Gej? by Solomon227(m): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2011
naijaking1:

We can't be fooled.

Once again I will advise u to remove your 'sun-shades'. I was a GEJ fanatic and even participated in a rally to make him a substantive President. I remember most of BB backers here were also supporting him against the Turai's cabal and even up to the defeat of IBB. Although most of us were unaware if he has any achievements in the past because he actually has none we (sentimentally) believed he could b d change we have all been craving for. He is from ND a region presently contributing d highest values to our national economy, he is young and represents a change from the old order, he is a less-thief compared to other ND Govs like Odili, Ibori, and he is Goodluck hoping he will rub of some true good tidings

Then suddenly suddenly he started proofing us wrong. To mention a few of his very pathetic acts;

He has 133 assistants while we still dont have enough potable water all over Nigeria

He gives visitors 50,000 dollars for transport fare

His official plane was used in ferrying a murderer from prison in Ibadan to Abuja just for 1 vote

He watched quietly as OGD and OBJ almost turned Ogun state into a nightmare

He made no attempt to discourage Ohakim from distrupting Ohaneze meeting in Owerri

He has no respect for human lives. After accusing Dokpesi and IBB of bombing he still went after them to join his campaign train

He is a liar. A bomb went off and militants claimed responsibilities GEJ came out and said he knew who did it. The bombers are now his father and friend

He doesnt have any clue of leadership. I become so uncomfortable anytime he is on international TVs

In 2011 GEJ is importing dust-bins from United Kingdom when Manufacturers in Naija are emigrating to Ghana

He visited and welcomed a looter from prison

Abeg forget this mediocre.,.,.,

[size=28pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Is Bad? Witness The So Called "progressives!" Lol! / Kerosene, Curruption, Development, Etc - Nigeria Will Miss Buhari / Shocker For Ministerial Nominees !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.