Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Saying Bismillah Before Eating - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saying Bismillah Before Eating (1189 Views)

The Importance Of Saying "In Shā Allah إن شاء الله" / What Is The Ruling On Saying “jesus!” When One Is Astonished? / Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying Bismillah Before Eating by Realismailakabir: 12:46am On Nov 06, 2020
"Bismillah" before eating (Basmallah) is a Sunnah according to the following hadith.

Umar ibn Abi Salamah said: "I was under the care of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and as my hand used to roam about in the dish he said to me: «Boy, mention the name of Allah, and eat with your right hand and eat from what is near to you» (Bukhari and Muslim).

If you forget to say "Bismillah" before you started eating, you can make up for it during your meal. Aisha narrated that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: «When one of you eats food, then let him say: 'Bismillah.' If he forgets in the beginning, then let him say: 'Bismillah Fi Awwalihi Wa Akhirih (In the Name of Allah in its beginning and its end.)'» (Al-Tirmithi and others).

Saying "Bismillah" gives us strength in our constant battles against the Shaytan! Jabir bin Abdillah reported that he heard the Prophet (ﷺ) say: «If a person mentions the Name of Allah upon entering his house or eating, Satan says, addressing his followers: 'You will find no where to spend the night and no dinner.' But if he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah, Satan says (to his followers); 'You have found (a place) to spend the night in, and if he does not mention the Name of Allah at the time of eating, Satan says: 'You have found (a place) to spend the night in as well as food.'» (Muslim). So the Shaytan cannot eat if a Muslim says Bismillah before eating and this weakens him and increases our chances of winning over him. Basmallah also puts barakah in our food, not only in its benefit but also in its quantities. Aisha said:

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was eating food with six of his Companions when a Bedouin came and ate it all in two bites. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: «If he had said Bismillah, it would have sufficed you (all). When any one of you eats food, let him say Bismillah, and if he forgets to say Bismillah at the beginning, let him say Bismillah fi awwalihi wa akhirih (In the Name of Allah at the beginning and at the end)’» (Al-Tirmithi and others). 

https://en.islamway.net/article/38699/8-saying-bismillah-before-eating
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by Realismailakabir: 12:47am On Nov 06, 2020
"Bismillah" simply means 'in the name of Allah' or 'i start in the name of Allah'.
Saying Bismillah before eating is a sunnah and very important but it's not limited only on that. In every thing we do in our daily life we have to start every work/thing with bismillah we need to habituate this in our daily life especially in the following

#Before eating/drinking
#While going out
#While entering a house
#While wearing cloth
#Boarding on motor/bike
and many more of our daily works and activities.

1 Like

Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by AntiChristian: 6:49am On Nov 06, 2020
Alhamdulillah for the religion of Islam. The only religion ordained for Mankind and preached by Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus son of Mary and Muhammad son of Abdullah!

2 Likes

Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2020
AntiChristian:
Alhamdulillah for the religion of Islam. The only religion ordained for Mankind and preached by Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus son of Mary and Muhammad son of Abdullah!

You mean Noah, Abraham, Moses, Even Jesus you mentioned above all preached Islam by carrying Quran shey? Or they all bowed, cycled and worshipped the black stone of kaaba the shrine? You this boy won't kill person ooo grin
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by AntiChristian: 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

You mean Noah, Abraham, Moses, Even Jesus you mentioned above all preached Islam by carrying Quran shey? Or they all bowed, cycled and worshipped the black stone of kaaba the shrine? You this boy won't kill person ooo grin

O I forgot that Jesus died for the people of Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc for them to be saved!

Stop the tomfoolery!
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by Realismailakabir: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Let me enlighten you on the term 'Islam'. Islam is the same version of primordial faith that was revealed many times before through prophets, including Noah , Abraham , Moses , Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) because they all profess oneness of GOD they all messaged and propagated to their contemporaries on oness of the Almighty, believing in prophets, believing in angels, believing in his books and Judgement day. Their followers who follow their teachings are also also muslims. So whoever believe all these creeds is a muslim. Being a muslim doesn't mean praying in the mosque, carrying Quran, etc. Being a Muslim is believing in oness of Allah and other aforementioned concepts of faith. I'm inviting you to reading of Quran, you will never regret it! Afteral no knowledge is waste, you may start from any chapter you wish to.... may Allah guide you.
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
Realismailakabir:
Let me enlighten you on the term 'Islam'. Islam is the same version of primordial faith that was revealed many times before through prophets, including Noah , Abraham , Moses , Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all) because they all profess oneness of GOD they all messaged and propagated to their contemporaries on oness of the Almighty, believing in prophets, believing in angels, believing in his books and Judgement day. Their followers who follow their teachings are also also muslims. So whoever believe all these creeds is a muslim. Being a muslim doesn't mean praying in the mosque, carrying Quran, etc. Being a Muslim is believing in oness of Allah and other aforementioned concepts of faith. I'm inviting you to reading of Quran, you will never regret it! Afteral no knowledge is waste, you may start from any chapter you wish to.... may Allah guide you.

So you mean one can be a slave of allah without not practising the religion of allah brought by Muhammad? Must you lie

You mean allah is One for using WE, OUR, US to refer to himself, herself or itself? Or allah that prayed for Muhammad you think is God?

You're inviting me to be reading Quran grin I laugh oga, allah shown himself, herself or itself as TERRORIST, DECEIVER, etc in Quran verses you mean I should be following a deceiver, terrorist, clueless, etc right?

allah can't guide me because your god allah has no supremacy
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
AntiChristian:

O I forgot that Jesus died for the people of Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc for them to be saved!

Stop the tomfoolery!

If your isa carried kettle and you're brainwashed that it's the same Jesus Christ, bobo tell your imam to stop lying okay
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by AntiChristian: 5:47am On Nov 20, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

If your isa carried kettle and you're brainwashed that it's the same Jesus Christ, bobo tell your imam to stop lying okay

Yeah Noah and others were singing and clapping in the church. In fact they had choirs and organists.

Abraham was a Christian right?

We believe with our books that they're all Muslims and their religion is Islam.
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by Realismailakabir: 6:30am On Nov 20, 2020
Abraham Was A Muslim

Quran chapter:22.78

And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah . He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.
THE RELIGION OF ABRAHAM IS MONETHEISM
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
AntiChristian:

Yeah Noah and others were singing and clapping in the church. In fact they had choirs and organists.

Abraham was a Christian right?

We believe with our books that they're all Muslims and their religion is Islam.

So Abraham was NO more A Jews but Muslim, Are you saying Abraham performed FOUR or FIVE times daily Asolat? see how you've been brainwashed again grin You'll show us where Abraham took kettle they bang his head on floor.. You just like to attributes good things with Islam.

Guy, see Jesus Christ your Messiah is NOT on earth to preached religion, Jesus Christ is Not a Christian or A Muslim.. Next time if your imam tell you say Jesus Christ is A Muslim try and correct him, Your Messiah Jesus Christ never carry kettle dey bang his head on floor, Your Messiah Jesus Christ never prayed to one allah that couldn't fight for itself, himself or herself..
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by AntiChristian: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

So Abraham was NO more A Jews but Muslim, Are you saying Abraham performed FOUR or FIVE times daily Asolat? see how you've been brainwashed again grin You'll show us where Abraham took kettle they bang his head on floor.. You just like to attributes good things with Islam.

Guy, see Jesus Christ your Messiah is NOT on earth to preached religion, Jesus Christ is Not a Christian or A Muslim.. Next time if your imam tell you say Jesus Christ is A Muslim try and correct him, Your Messiah Jesus Christ never carry kettle dey bang his head on floor, Your Messiah Jesus Christ never prayed to one allah that couldn't fight for itself, himself or herself..

Shake head for you o! What do we call a Muslim of Jewish origin? And Salah, Hajj, and others as we do it today was ordained for Muhammad and his followers. Those before had their forms of worship but the monotheism is the same. Jesus Christ worshiped by putting his head to the ground and that's his own form of worship which is also part of Salah.

See people we sabi bang head for ground in the Bible, your messiah na number one head banger! Who is he banging his head for?

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

And yes, there's no religion as Christianity/Judaism mentioned anywhere in the Bible. In the Qur'an the religion is Islam the only religion approved by Allah.

Our Books says Jesus son of Mary, Abraham, Noah and others are Muslims. We don't need to know whether they are Jewish Muslims, Arab Muslims, etc.

This religion is the religion of Islam, besides which Allaah will accept no other religion, either from the earlier or the later generations. All the Prophets followed Islam. Allaah says of Nooh (interpretation of the meaning):

“And recite to them the news of Nooh (Noah). When he said to his people: ‘O my people, if my stay (with you), and my reminding (you) of the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah is hard on you, then I put my trust in Allaah. So devise your plot, you and your partners, and let not your plot be in doubt for you. Then pass your sentence on me and give me no respite.

72. ‘But if you turn away (from accepting my doctrine of Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allaah), then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allaah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims (i.e. those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”

[Yoonus 10:71-72]

And Allaah says of Ibraaheem (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who turns away from the religion of Ibraaheem (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

131. When his Lord said to him, ‘Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!’ He said, ‘I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists).’

132. And this (submission to Allaah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibraaheem (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya’qoob (Jacob) (saying), ‘O my sons! Allaah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims — Islamic Monotheism)’”

[al-Baqarah 2:130-132]

And He says of Moosa (interpretation of the meaning):

“And Moosa (Moses) said: ‘O my people! If you have believed in Allaah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims (those who submit to Allaah’s Will)’”

[Yoonus 10:84]

And He says of the Messiah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when I (Allaah) inspired Al‑Hawariyyoon (the disciples) [of ‘Eesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: ‘We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims’”

[al-Maa'idah 5:111]

And He says of the previous Prophets (interpretation of the meaning):

“…by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allaah’s Will …”

[al-Maa’idah 5:44]

And He tells us that Bilqeez said (interpretation of the meaning):

“My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, and I submit [in Islam, together with Sulaymaan (Solomon)] to Allaah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen(mankind, jinn and all that exists)”

[al-Naml 27:44]

This is the religion of Islam, besides which Allaah does not accept any other. This means obeying Allaah at any given time by doing what He commanded at that time. So initially the command was to face towards the Rock [in Jerusalem] in prayer, then the command came to face towards the Ka’bah. Both actions come under the heading of the religion of Islam, because religion is obedience and worship in both cases, but the actions varied in some regards which was the direction faced in prayer. Similarly the religion of all the Messengers is one and the same, but their laws varied. End quote.
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by Realismailakabir: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2020
1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39
2. Abram: " And Abram fell on his face : and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)
3. Abraham :" Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? " - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)
4. Moses : " And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:
5. Moses & Aaron :“ And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)
6. Moses & Aaron :"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation? " - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)
7. Ezra and his People : And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)
8. Joshua : "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)
9. A Prophet : " And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:
10 Jehoshaphat : " And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD ." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)
11. A Prophet :"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died.
Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel? " - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

I'm so happy to read all these quotes from the Bible... the best way to worship The Almighty is by 'knacking head on ground' (bowing and prostration)
Re: Saying Bismillah Before Eating by sunshineV(f): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2020
all of una dey madd...... Mentioning names like dey ever exist

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Sharof Ogbomosho / Excellence Of Fasting In The Month Of Shawwal / For Those Who Ask "Why Muslims Are Violent"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.