Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. (18322 Views)

What Is The Ruling On Saying “jesus!” When One Is Astonished? / Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim / Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 7:32am On May 03, 2018
Saying one should rest in peace after his death.

It was reported that 'Aishah رضي الله عنها said: It was said to the prophet; a female individual has died and rested, then the prophet got furious and said:
*“The only one who rests is the one that has being forgiven (by ALLAAH)."*
[Silsilatus-Saheehah].

So how do you know the one Allaah has forgiven?? So refrain from such statement....what the prophet asked you to do is seek forgiveness for the dead and ask for steadfastness for him because he is being questioned.

So if you want good for him, ask for forgiveness for him IF HE IS A MUSLIM(because you don't pray for a dead kaafir), and not "RIP", because if he is forgiven only then will he rest in peace as narrated in the hadeeth.

7 Likes

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by tayebest(m): 8:14am On May 03, 2018
Saying rest in peace is a prayer I think.

Where has the prophet prohibit praying for the dead?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 8:24am On May 03, 2018
tayebest:
Saying rest in peace is a prayer I think.

Where has the prophet prohibit praying for the dead?

Firstly you are not even sure if RIP is a prayer and you base your question upon that to question the thread?

Secondly how can you say rest in peace when you don't know if he has been for given or not?

Thirdly why don't you just stick to what the prophet asked you to do for the dead.

6 Likes

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:34am On May 03, 2018
Here is a Subtle advice for those Muslims who are fond of sending "RIP" for dead Kuffar and Muslims alike.

We only pray for the dead Muslims! And there's no need fixing a time to pray for them and no need to call some special people for the prayer.

A righteous child is meant to pray for his/her dead parent(s).

8 Likes

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by tayebest(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Firstly you are not even sure if RIP is a prayer and you base your question upon that to question the thread?

Awwwwww, "Rest In Peace" is an english sentence use as a prayer to the demise. if you're not resting in peace then you're resting in hell.

Secondly how can you say rest in peace when you don't know if he has been for given or not?

It's just a neutral prayer here. It's just like saying why the Imam prays janazah for that muslim person known to be indulging in sins knowing likely well that the janazah is also a form of prayer for the dead.[

Thirdly why don't you just stick to what the prophet asked you to do for the dead.

Also, the prophet did not say we should not pray for the dead Muslim.

5 Likes

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 10:21am On May 03, 2018
tayebest:

Awwwwww, "Rest In Peace" is an english sentence use as a prayer to the demise. if you're not resting in peace then you're resting in hell.

And one can only rest in peace if he has been forgiven of his sins, he can't ask for forgiveness for himself since he is dead, so if you love the person, ask for forgiveness for him instead of saying rest in peace which will never happen except you ask for forgiveness.

It's just a neutral prayer here. It's just like saying why the Imam prays janazah for that muslim person known to be indulging in sins knowing likely well that the janazah is also a form of prayer for the dead.[

Is there any where you've been told in Islam that you shouldn't pray for one you know indulged in sins? So what's the usefulness of this comparison?

Also, the prophet did not say we should not pray for the dead Muslim.

But this particular one of saying one should rest has been hated by the prophet.

3 Likes

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by tayebest(m): 11:24am On May 03, 2018
AbdelKabir:

And one can only rest in peace if he has been forgiven of his sins, he can't ask for forgiveness for himself since he is dead,

You are very correct! cool

so if you love the person, ask for forgiveness for him instead of saying rest in peace which will never happen except you ask for forgiveness.

Yes, ask for forgiveness for him and there is nothing wrong in asking for peace for him.

Is there any where you've been told in Islam that you shouldn't pray for one you know indulged in sins? So what's the usefulness of this comparison?

You are now getting it, the janazah is only meant for dead Muslims, and after the third takbir a prayer is dedicated for that dead person asking Allah for his forgiveness, and grant him Aljannatu, peace et all. This are prayers, the prophet never forbid them.

But this particular one of saying one should rest has been hated by the prophet.

Show me where the prophet hated the phrase please

7 Likes

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2018
tayebest:

Show me where the prophet hated the phrase please

Read the op very well...

It was reported that 'Aishah رضي الله عنها said: It was said to the prophet; a female individual has died and rested, then the prophet got furious and said:
[Silsilatus-Saheehah].

We ask Allah to forgive them....only then will they have peace if Allah wills!
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by tayebest(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Read the op very well...

[Silsilatus-Saheehah].

The "rested" used here was not in form of a prayer. But the Rest in peace was.
The prayer phrase is what I'm referring to!

We ask Allah to forgive them....only then will they have peace if Allah wills!

Ameen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Mofpearl: 6:56am On May 04, 2018
Salam alaykum
What are the statements of the scholars regarding the statement RIP?
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by CarlosTheJackal: 10:10am On May 04, 2018
Will you say rest in peace to BH members?

If you say RIP then you are supporting their evil ways
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by carinmom(f): 10:20am On May 04, 2018
Jazakallah khayran Abdelkabir for opening this thread. Its really educative, I used to be confused by the actions of some Muslims saying RIP to dead non Muslims. I don't consider just RIP as a prayer that will benefit a dead Muslim though, reason why I always pray to Allah to forgive their shortcomings.

I thought you've deactivated your nairaland account @op

1 Like

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Mofpearl: 7:43pm On May 04, 2018

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 04, 2018
Assim Hakeem is not someone knowledge should be taken from. He speaks without knowledge on issues he doesn't know about, here is an example HERE

Secondly he slandered shaykh rabee that was recommended for us by shaykh Ibn baaz, shaykh Ibn uthaymeen, shaykh albaani etc before their death... See HERE

1 Like

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 04, 2018
I decided not to answer ur question yet because I am yet to see anyone previously asking the scholars so I want to ask a scholar personally and I think that phrase is not too common with the Arabs reason I've not seen a scholar yet who has been previously asked...
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Mofpearl: 3:41am On May 05, 2018
1) I will investigate into Assim Al-Hakeem because I know as a student of knowledge upon the truth and I have not seen any reliable person warn against him. Regarding the first link you provided, he responded to that where he explained what he meant and he had removed the short answer from the website which he himself stated was ambiguous.
Here

Regarding the second link on Shaykh Rabee’ al-Madkhalee, that no longer exists on his website. However, he also made these statements to clarify
Here and Here

Both accusation and explanation are not recent and took place about six years ago.

2) Although, I am not an advocate for using RIP, my understanding has always been that is is a form of a prayer rather than the blanket statement that the deceased is resting in peace. I will inquire more about it.
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 05, 2018
Mofpearl:
1) I will investigate into Assim Al-Hakeem because I know as a student of knowledge upon the truth and I have not seen any reliable person warn against him.

Masha Allaah, the brothers that critized him are not reliable but yet recommended by our scholars?! Like shaykh ubayd Al-jaabiree(That criticised Saalih Munajjid by the way), Shaykh Muhammad ibn hadee, Shaykh Rabee' ibn hadee, Shaykh Abdullaahi Al-bukhari, etc.

Assim Hakeem that you deem to be reliable, which of the scholars have recommended him?

Regarding the first link you provided, he responded to that where he explained what he meant and he had removed the short answer from the website which he himself stated was ambiguous.
Here

The point is not his "clarification", but answering questions that are serious in such a manner that proves him unfit for issuing our fatwas, he only rectified himself after these reliable brothers criticized him for his shallow answer which was the aim anyway.

Reaaib why I said " answering questions without knowledge ", scholars don't answer questions anyhow.

Regarding the second link on Shaykh Rabee’ al-Madkhalee, that no longer exists on his website.

In all honesty tell me the difference between this:

And this:

Although Sheikh Rabee is a respected scholar, however he is also a controversial figure among a lot of the Muslim scholars and students of knowledge!

That is why, I directed people who ask me to go to those who have a 100% perfect record rather than sending them to people with lesser record,unless you think that he is in their ranks or higher!

I hold great respect to the Sheikh but I don’t know him personally and I don’t have anything against him as he is a scholar and I am not! However, the impact of his Dawah and of his followers have left a big scare and I believe that the Dawah of the three great scholars is far better to stick to!

The first however is no longer in his site, the second is still THERE

And with insight you'll see that he only affirms what he said previously but makes it subtle, think about those lines I underlined very well and be honest with yourself.

However, he also made these statements to clarify
Here

Again still affirming what he said and exposed himself with this:

Falih Alharbi was one of the most prominent successors of Sheikh Rabee. They praised him as the undisputed Allamah. When he differed with the Sheikh, they skinned him alive and made him a hypocrite and a deviant. Look at what they said about Sheikh Bin Jibreen, Bakr Abu Zaid, Ali Alhalabi, Abu Is'haq Alhuwaini and many oher Salafi scholars.

So these people he mentioned are scholars to him?

Falih Al-harbi that has reviled scholars of sunnah, like ibn uthaymeen, Abdulazeez Aal shaykh, Muhammad ibn Abdulwahhab, lajnatud da'imah of Saudi Arabia. Falih Al-harbi accused shaykh Albaani of irjaa!!! Subhanallaah and this assim Hakeem says brothers stop praising alharbi because shaykh rabee criticised him??

Ibn jibreen Who was criticized by shaykh yahya an-najmee for requesting that refutation on ikhwaanil muslimeen and hassan albanna should not be published?! Ibn jibreen who defended Osama ibn laden? If you have a reliable person that can translate Arabic for you, tell the person to translate this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5HZ38GiQ9w therein he defended Osama ibn laden and in it is a refutation against him.

The other individuals there were all criticised legitimately not only by shaykh rabee, but I decide to suffice with the first two as it is enough to shoe that assim Hakeem is either an ignoramus who didn't know why these individuals were criticised and make it seem like only shaykh rabee criticised them and on that say shaykh rabee is controversial or he is just a misguided individual that seeks to misguide people. Any of the two don't put him in a good light.

Both accusation and explanation are not recent and took place about six years ago.

Accusation not being recent is nothing, if someone is a kafir 20years ago, will you call him a Muslim today because he was a kafir 20years ago??

2) Although, I am not an advocate for using RIP, my understanding has always been that is is a form of a prayer rather than the blanket statement that the deceased is resting in peace. I will inquire more about it.

And that form of saying one should rest in peace can't be gotten except that person is being forgiven, so asking for forgiveness is what this thread advocates and refraining from saying RIP.

Like I said, a question previously has not been asked on this from the scholars most likely because its not common in the arab world.

Secondly this statement can be faulted from the angle of it having its source from the way of life of the kuffar.
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 7:53am On May 05, 2018
He is a huda TV star alongside individuals such as yaasir qadhi, zakir naik.....yaasir and zakir who are well known deviants.

And I should also mention that saalih munajjid do quote ibn jibreen very well, maybe you'll see one of the reasons why his site have been warned against.
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 10:29am On May 05, 2018
And lastly, here is an attached video having assim Hakeem making a big aqeedah mistake, saying the correct thing about where Allaah is is "he is in the heavens", in the video, where Abu mussab disappointed me by sitting with innovators, abu mussab corrected assim Hakeem unconsciously due to the state of shock he was.

The point of the video is not to show you the error of Abu mussab sitting with innovators to give a show(which is a plus anyway) rather it is assim Hakeem saying Allaah is in the heavens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmbjKi6XD0

I have my reasons when I suggested you study the manhaj extensively to know who to listen to and who not to...
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 11:12am On May 05, 2018
carinmom:
Jazakallah khayran Abdelkabir for opening this thread. Its really educative, I used to be confused by the actions of some Muslims saying RIP to dead non Muslims. I don't consider just RIP as a prayer that will benefit a dead Muslim though, reason why I always pray to Allah to forgive their shortcomings.

I thought you've deactivated your nairaland account @op

Not at all, I didn't deactivate....just not active like before, I only comment when I see something that interests me.

1 Like

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Mofpearl: 11:46am On May 05, 2018
I may provide additional comments when I regain my composure. Jazakallahu Khyran.

In the meantime, how reliable is Islamic online university?
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 05, 2018
Mofpearl:
I may provide additional comments when I regain my composure. Jazakallahu Khyran.

In the meantime, how reliable is Islamic online university?

Islamic online university has it's founder to be Dr. Bilal Phillips who is an ikhwaani by manhaj.

Take your time to read THIS, its quite lengthy but beneficial.

Most of these duaat are affected by ikhwaanul muslimoon.
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by carinmom(f): 2:32pm On May 05, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Not at all, I didn't deactivate....just not active like before, I only comment when I see something that interests me.

Same here, I hardly comment on posts now I just read and pass
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 6:17am On May 06, 2018
carinmom:

Same here, I hardly comment on posts now I just read and pass

And how is faatimah, hope she is now a big girl?
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by carinmom(f): 6:58am On May 06, 2018
AbdelKabir:

And how is faatimah, hope she is now a big girl?

She's almost 2yrs now and can sell you in the market , because she can talk cheesy
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 7:24am On May 06, 2018
carinmom:

She's almost 2yrs now and can sell you in the market , because she can talk cheesy

Lol, barakallaahu feeha wa waalidayha.
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by carinmom(f): 8:29am On May 06, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Lol, barakallaahu feeha wa waalidayha.
Ameen, thanks
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by tintingz(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2018
And at the end of the imaginary afterlife, the Muslims will dwell in Christian and Jewish version of hell while the latter two faiths dwell in Muslim verison of hell and the Buddhists gets to live another life with Karma.

This is fûcked up. grin
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by iamgenius(m): 8:51pm On May 06, 2018
tintingz:
And at the end of the imaginary afterlife, the Muslim dwell in Christian and Jewish version of hell while the latter two faiths dwell in Muslim verison of hell and the Buddhists gets to live another life with Karma.

This is fûcked up. grin
Gbé enu re sohun.

1 Like

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by tintingz(m): 9:42pm On May 06, 2018
iamgenius:

Gbé enu re sohun.
Lol, confused afterlife. grin grin
Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Nobody: 11:21am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=Mofpearl post=67300026][/quote]

Use http://alifta.com/ it has fatwas of lajnatud da'imah, that constitutes the fatwas of ibn uthaymeen, ibn baaz, luhaydan, abdulazeez Aal shaykh etc.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. by Mofpearl: 8:38pm On May 09, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZjAb9hPSKI

*He clearly mentioned that Allah is above the seven heavens. This is recent.
The other thing that concerned me about the video was the discussion about who is al-sunnah wa jamah but then again I didn't want the full video.
Regarding everything else- he is not a scholar and doesn't call himself one. Rather he identifies himself as a student of knowledge and people identify him as that.
He may have made mistakes in the past and rectified them.
I am not sure abt his criticism of Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid but I know he has recommended islamqa multiple times on his Twitter account.
Regarding everything else, those comments were made in the past. I have not heard any recent warning or anything about him. He was a HudaTV star and he is no longer a part of them. He is now part of ZAD TV which streams live from Saudi. I am not sure about how things work in Saudi but I doubt they would allow someone who information cannot be taken from broadcast things on TV.

I am pretty neutral about him but I will still investigate more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Man Recites Hadith, Quotes Quran (video) / NL Arabic Learning Thread :) / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.