Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. (1622 Views)

3 Lagos Senators endorse Fashola's nomination. bad news for the wailers!!! / Just In- All Three Lagos Senators Endorse Fashola For Minister / Photos: Ndigbo Endorse APC Candidates As They Pay Fashola A Courtesy Visit Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by EkoIle1: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2011
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State

About one million Arewa descendants residing in Lagos State have endorsed the re-election bid of Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN).

Also, Lagos residents of Ndigbo origin pledged their support to the governor ahead the 2011 General Elections scheduled to commence on April 2. The non-indigenes have therefore concluded arrangements to hold a mega rally to mobilise support for the governor's re-election bid at the Lagos International Trade Fair Complex on March 17. Chairman of the  committee, who is also the Onye Ndu Ndigbo of Lagos, Chief C.U. Nwachukwu, disclosed this  at a media briefing in Lagos. Also , Chairman and General Manager of Lagos State Planning and Environmental Management Agency (LASPEMA), Hon. Kabiru Mohammed, who is also the Chairman of Arewa Community in Lagos State, confirmed Arewa’s participation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/arewa-ndigbo-endorse-fashola/87799/
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by AljUche: 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2011
why the title undecided

but good one arewa, at least we know we respect people in their land and do not give conditions for others just like others can not give condition for us smiley
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by jumobi1(m): 9:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
Fashola would win easily. He is simply the best option.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by EkoIle1: 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2011
Alj Uche:

why the title undecided

but good one arewa, at least we know we respect people in their land and do not give conditions for others just like others can not give condition for us smiley

Because I have zero respect for thugs and blackmailers ,
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by AndreUweh(m): 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2011
What has this idiotic thread got to do with Ohanaeze?.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 15, 2011
I guess Ohaneze's prideful yeye-waste-of-space "lists of conditions for Fashola's endorsement" was not taken serious (as usual) and pratically speaking, thrown in the dustbin.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by ekubear1: 2:22am On Mar 15, 2011
I don't even want the endorsement of these groups. It sets a very bad precedent. When you seek endorsements of various groups, you become beholden to them.

Screw them all and screw their endorsements, imo.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by ezeagu(m): 4:09am On Mar 15, 2011
When they make up the majority, then there's no choice than to listen to the endorsements.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by EkoIle1: 4:43am On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

I don't even want the endorsement of these groups. It sets a very bad precedent. When you seek endorsements of various groups, you become beholden to them.

Screw them all and screw their endorsements, imo.

I'm with you, screw them and their silly endorsements, let them go back east and endorse their village folks,
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by EkoIle1: 4:45am On Mar 15, 2011
ezeagu:

When they make up the majority, then there's no choice than to listen to the endorsements.

Ode illiterate, majority no dey beg for recognition, they step in and take whatever. Majority exists only in your akpu dreams,
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 8:05am On Mar 15, 2011
Whether they endorse or not, they must not be treated with kid gloves. The Igbo especially are too tribe-sensitive. Anywhere they go, they bring tribalism and division. No matter what you do to please them, they will never be satisfied.

The hausa must be equally monitored closely, I believe they are more dangerous because they are wiser than the Igbo. They don't strike until they are sure they have advantage unlike the Igbo that will make noise without background work (thereby alerting you of danger).
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by joeyfire(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Whether they endorse or not, they must not be treated with kid gloves. The Igbo especially are too tribe-sensitive. Anywhere they go, they bring tribalism and division. No matter what you do to please them, they will never be satisfied.

The hausa must be equally monitored closely, I believe they are more dangerous because they are wiser than the Igbo. They don't strike until they are sure they have advantage unlike the Igbo that will make noise without background work (thereby alerting you of danger).

Dont give yourself a headache for nothing. Lagosians whether Igbo or Swahili want what everybody else wants. i.e. peace , security, roads etc Some groups like Ohaneze will make their noise but na dem get their mouth. All na politics my guy there is no grand conspiracy so relax. Eko o ni baje O !
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2011
Well,

I have to admit though, that my Igbo friends born and bred in Lagos don't behave like those JJCs that come to Lagos seeking greener pasture. Still at that, going by what I have experienced recently, I would be cautious with the Igbo.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by ekubear1: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2011
^-- I don't think it is a problem with individual Igbo. It is mostly these organizations that need to be vigorously monitored and ideally destroyed. Individuals mostly want the same things everyone else does.

Only a small fraction of people can move into another man's land and work against the interest of his host. Likely 95% of immigrants to Yorubaland are well-meaning.

Key thing is to separate these evil elements from the rest. No point throwing away the wheat with the chaff.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 10:11am On Mar 15, 2011
^^^^

I agree with you to an extent. Ethnic-based Associations should however be monitored properly. A leader of such group may decide to use it for personal gains.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by seanet02: 10:17am On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- I don't think it is a problem with individual Igbo. It is mostly these organizations that need to be vigorously monitored and ideally destroyed. Individuals mostly want the same things everyone else does.

Only a small fraction of people can move into another man's land and work against the interest of his host. Likely 95% of immigrants to Yorubaland are well-meaning.

Key thing is to separate these evil elements from the rest. No point throwing away the wheat with the chaff.
Yorubas don't do this in iboland!!
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by sheriffman(m): 10:18am On Mar 15, 2011
And where is that Igbo Leader that was like No Igbo vote for Fash shame on him.When even those that do not reside in lagos know he is the best performing Governor yet they want him to beg them for their votes.Fash ride on Eko Oni Baje
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by onyengbu: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

You guys are just kids with unfounded paranoia. Lagos is your 'own', agreed, but everyone from everywhere now lives in it and have equal rights with you.

Why then are you so afraid of loosing your land.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2011
seanet02:

Yorubas don't do this in iboland!!

You are right! But, don't you think we are generally more progressive because of our way of life? why be like them?

I believe our tolerance has both merits and demerits, just that we need to be strategic in dealing with them. Our people go abroad and they are accepted, why can't we?
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by assme: 11:25am On Mar 15, 2011
Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. F#ck Eko Ile
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:41am On Mar 15, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

You guys are just kids with unfounded paranoia. Lagos is your 'own', agreed, but everyone from everywhere now lives in it and have equal rights with you.

Why then are you so afraid of loosing your land.

People from all part of Nigeria are in Lagos, Hausa, Fulani,Middlebelters, Igbo,Ijaw, etc. It is pertinent to note that many of these people have integrated into Lagos, with many holding public positions in both state and local level. But the last time I checked, it was only Igbo that demanded position under the banner of ethnic block. Very soon other tribes are going to start forming similar groups and make demands.

This ugly trend must ne nailed in the bud on time. For starters, Governor Fashola should reduce the number of Igbo present in his government as soon as this april elections are concluded to send a strong message. Any Yoruba man that supports this nonsense in the name of PDP should be treated like a traitor. Period.Imagine the effrontery from GEJ, he went to Kaduna, he didn't remember to tell them how many non-hausa were there, he probably will not remember the to mention the numerous number of Igbo in Sabon-gari kanobut in Ibadan he was dishing out fake numbers of non-indigenes in Oyo ogun and Lagos and all the Yoruba outcasts were there laughing like mumu.

I think these people basically see us as weak, which is dangerous IMO, it exposes us to external aggression.

Ki sobiya to di egbo,

Bi aye gba tapa, ako ile igunnu
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by ezeagu(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

You are right! But, don't you think we are generally more progressive because of our way of life?

But where's the evidence? Wasn't it a Yoruba community that was complaining about not being given land in Enugu? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-343405.0.html Do you hear any of the other Yoruba people in Igboland complaining?
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by onyengbu: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

People from all part of Nigeria are in Lagos, Hausa, Fulani,Middlebelters, Igbo,Ijaw, etc. It is pertinent to note that many of these people have integrated into Lagos, with many holding public positions in both state and local level. But the last time I checked, it was only Igbo that demanded position under the banner of ethnic block. Very soon other tribes are going to start forming similar groups and make demands.

This ugly trend must ne nailed in the bud on time. For starters, Governor Fashola should reduce the number of Igbo present in his government as soon as this april elections are concluded to send a strong message. Any Yoruba man that supports this nonsense in the name of PDP should be treated like a traitor. Period.Imagine the effrontery from GEJ, he went to Kaduna, he didn't remember to tell them how many non-hausa were there, he probably will not remember the to mention the numerous number of Igbo in Sabon-gari kanobut in Ibadan he was dishing out fake numbers of non-indigenes in Oyo ogun and Lagos and all the Yoruba outcasts were there laughing like mumu.

I think these people basically see us as weak, which is dangerous IMO, it exposes us to external aggression.

Ki sobiya to di egbo,

Bi aye gba tapa, ako ile igunnu
You are still one of the kids your rants does not add or change anything.
As for the bolded part of your rant, the answer is here below:
ezeagu:

But where's the evidence? Wasn't it a Yoruba community that was complaining about not being given land in Enugu? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-343405.0.html Do you hear any of the other Yoruba people in Igboland complaining?
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2011
ezeagu:

Eko Ile:

Ode illiterate, majority no dey beg for recognition, they step in and take whatever. Majority exists only in your akpu dreams,

LOL. . . .majority of the apku ration
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by EkoIle1: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
ezeagu:

Shut up with your fake story and bogus 419 link.

How many Yoruba people ventures outside Yorubaland, talk less backward and primitive iboland?
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by AndreUweh(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
This moronic thread is very misleading. It says that Ndigbo and Arewa has endorsed Fashola, yet the thread poster is insulting Ndigbo. What sort of brainless thread starters do we have these days?.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by EkoIle1: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

This moronic thread is very misleading. It says that Ndigbo and Arewa has endorsed Fashola, yet the thread poster is insulting Ndigbo. What sort of brainless thread starters do we have these days?.

I thought ohaneze doesn't represent ibo people? So you people just claim and deny ohaneze as needed?

lmao. yeye people,
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by T9ksy(m): 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@ bolded . . . As if the igbos have not directed worse insults at the yorubas, yet they are all over yorubaland, thriving in their respective endeavours. The same people the igbos love to hate are the same people theyb want political clout in their land.

You guys are just too smart for your own good.imho.  
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by AndreUweh(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
T9ksy:

@ bolded . . . As if the igbos have not directed worse insults at the yorubas, yet they are all over yorubaland, thriving in their respective endeavours. The same people the igbos love to hate are the same people theyb want political clout in their land.

You guys are just too smart for your own good.imho.

Have a look at the thread title. It says Ndigbo have endorsed Fashola. The same Ndigbo that endorsed Fashola is been insulted. Is that reconcileable in any form. Very nonsensical.
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by T9ksy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Have a look at the thread title. It says Ndigbo have endorsed Fashola. The same Ndigbo that endorsed Fashola is been insulted. Is that reconcileable in any form. Very nonsensical.

Who cares? Ndigbos know what they can do with their bloody endorsement - stick it where the sun don't shine!
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by onyengbu: 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Shut up with your fake story and bogus 419 link.

How many Yoruba people ventures outside Yorubaland, talk less backward and primitive iboland?
Its nobody's fault that your people dont venture out. Unfortunately for you, other people do
Since you know that yoruba people dont venture outside yorubaland, why dont you shut up and live in peace with people in your land.

Thats what people who have visitors do, especially when they know that their visitors aint going nowhere!
Re: Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. by AndreUweh(m): 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
T9ksy:

Who cares? Ndigbos know what they can do with their bloody endorsement - stick it where the sun don't shine!
The topic also says Arewa endorsed Fashola, yet no comment about it. Is that how Igbo terifies your lives.
Once again, if the topic says Ndigbo has endorsed Fashola, why the hatred on Ndigbo then. I wonder were some people were hidding the day brains were created.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Suleija Niger State Kills Three / Can U Drop Your Car for this kind of Public Transport? / ‘Any Day Igbo Go Militant, Nigeria Will Cease To Exist'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.