Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:34 PM

Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally (37148 Views)

We Married As Virgins - Couple Who Welcomed Triplets After 25 Years Of Marriage / 29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Liposure: 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
WHY SHOULD WE PAY BRIDE PRICE TO KEEP WIDE SLACKED HOLES IN OUR HOMES?
ask Mr culture

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by cococandy(f): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
All the men want virgins today. but tell the guys to stop having sex and wait until they get married and watch them go bananas.
Does virginity and sex go hand in hand?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Liposure: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2020
Octopusssy:

You are repeating yourself. Bride price is paid in almost cultures world over, and the bible reflects this. Ancient Jewish customs says no bride price non-virgins, my own native African customs insist bride price must be paid regardless of sexual status

End of story
sister, your african custom is a fraud that needs to be reviewed

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Ajalekoko76(m): 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2020
So many of us have been SCAMMED oooo

How do I collect my money back because my lady failed scriptures and tradition test on virginity.

Dis country ehnnnnnn, even dis earth ehnnnnnn

Our in laws be scammers ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by JOACHINpedro: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
babz11:

Abi now madam dan disvirgin at age 15
I don't know but I sure meant no insult to her. BtwS slut shaming a stranger on a forum like this ain't cool ni.
Together we can make a different cool
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by JOACHINpedro: 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Maobichek:

Hahahahaaa! She is mad at Reno, if you don't want to have a chance of winning a girl's heart, just ask her: Are you a virgin?
Lol cheesy
She won't take you serious na unless you wanna take the r/ship to another level

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Prismprecious(f): 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
Yusfunoble:
Wahala be like bicycle

If we follow this law ehn, some people go collect pure water (1 bag) and coaster biscuits (1 carton) as bride price grin

This is evil grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Gbogbowa: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
NwekeUG:
Reno Omokri says according to the scriptures, bride price is only paid for brides who are virgins, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to his Twitter handle on Saturday November 7, he wrote:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1324948094866382849?s=19
Stop deceiving the people Ruth was not a virgin yet Boaz paid the dowry before marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Savagethe21st(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2020
humilitypays:
In the past, marriage to the Arabs and the Jews was more of a sexual thing but today, marriage has evolved beyond sex, marriage is now like a serious business partnership involving two established companies; the man and the woman.

Men no longer marry because of sex, which makes it irrelevant for the wife to be a virgin or not since sex is not the major reason men get married.

Many guys must have deflowered more than 5 virgins before they get married, so there is nothing special again in deflowering a woman to them, which also makes it irrelevant for their wife to be a virgin or not. Men are more focused on the inner beauty of a woman and how she helps them achieve their financial goals in life, not just sex. Many couple even make love once in a month after few years of marriage and it's not as if they are cheating on each other on quarrelling but because they are focused on other important things of life and how to grow their families.

Many guys today, even on this forum will marry a non virgin lady who will help their life become happier, more financially successful and established than marry one broke beautiful virgin who contributes nothing to the marriage aside opening legs every night for the husband to pour out hot semen shocked
i love all your opinions. But regarding this one don't u think financial success a nonvirgin will give you wont stop you from doubting is she is hoeing around
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by chuksoyo21(m): 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Before you come here and start shaking unnecessary tables.
Nonsense undecided
PS- Don't quote me cause I won't be replying.
Is it his fault that you are not a virgin anymore
Calm down

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by ibinaboonline: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
The problem is that people only accept Bible passages when it suits them. Say whatever you like but Reno is right.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by mickelkingz(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
true.. talk.. Renopill
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Atolu01: 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Nobody cares. Bride price is archaic and unnecessary, anyways. We all have our price.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Onitola2: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lovelies1:
End sharia law anywhere

Guys do you think American will push for the second after homosexual bill

Like reducing the legal marriage age for girls to 12 years old.

And as homosexual was welcome over there so be it with the legal age bill
majority of Sharia laws are same with Christianity ( biblical ) laws, just that Christians choose not to follow their own.
Legal age for girls in USA is 12 (as long as parents /guardian support it) in case u don't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
Thank God I'm a virgin, 400 yards grin grin. Non-virgins, na your problem be this oo grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 07, 2020
itsja4:
So medically, how will I be able to affirm the virginity of the lady, b4 I get to pay her bride price
You mean she should just tell me she is and I just believe..

What if she lied and I later discover?
Who's gonna return my bride price grin

Then brideprice should be paid after the wedding. So that only men who disvirgined their wives can come back and pay.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Lovelies1: 12:31am On Nov 08, 2020
Onitola2:
majority of Sharia laws are same with Christianity ( biblical ) laws, just that Christians choose not to follow their own.
Legal age for girls in USA is 12 (as long as parents /guardian support it) in case u don't know.

Thanks for the info on USA

But sharia law and christian ideology is never the same so keep your ideology. Never you mix Christianity with Judaism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by EmekaA125(m): 1:51am On Nov 08, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Nonsense undecided
PS- Don't quote me cause I won't be replying.
Hehehe. U are shocked abi. Sorry ooooooh. Ur conscience is flogging you abi. No husband for you ooooo. Lol
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Osnami: 4:07am On Nov 08, 2020
Zinpat:

Lol... Says who
Are you?
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Subonbon(m): 5:11am On Nov 08, 2020
Basket mouth don open mouth again o!
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 5:26am On Nov 08, 2020
Yusfunoble:
Wahala be like bicycle

If we follow this law ehn, some people go collect pure water (1 bag) and coaster biscuits (1 carton) as bride price grin
Hahahahahaha grin grin grin E shock you.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 5:28am On Nov 08, 2020
angelfallz:
I was waiting for this topic to land in NL grin grin grin

virginprincess what do you think?
grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 5:30am On Nov 08, 2020
edoairways:
Reno Omokri's full message please read and digest.
Marriage: Teaching For Doctrine The Commandments of Men

Two days ago, (November 5, 2020), I wrote about the requirements for a biblical marriage and wedding, and set off a storm. The piece went viral and while many agreed with what I wrote, there were others who took umbrage and inundated me with their objections.

I had written that you do not need the following for a biblical marriage:

* A Church
* A priest or pastor
* A white wedding dress
* A suit
* A ring
* Bridesmaids
* Groomsmen
* Bouquet
* A cake
* A crowd

And by far the most recurrent feedback I got was that if a priest or pastor is not there, who then does the union? This question alone shows how much Western culture has eaten deep into the Body of Christ and is now accepted as biblical or Christian culture.

Scripture says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”-2 Timothy 3:16.

So it is very clear that we are to get our doctrine ONLY from Scripture, not from church. Every church doctrine that clashes with Scriptural doctrine is null and void to the extent of its inconsistency with Scripture.

You will not find even one instance in Scripture where a priest officiated a marriage or wedding. Not even one.

Some people cite the wedding in Cana (John 2:1-10), and claim Christ officiated at the wedding. Now, that is not true. Christ attended the wedding as a GUEST. Yes, He turned water to wine at His mother’s request, but that is not the same as officiating a wedding.

If you want to rely on that Scriptural authority, then the priest or pastor should only come to your wedding to turn water to wine.

But one other thing you will notice in those verses, is that the wedding at Cana took place in a home, not in a synagogue or a church. ALL Jewish and Christian weddings in Scripture, took place at home.

Now, where did this idea that a priest or pastor is needed to officiate a wedding or marriage union and that you could only marry in a church come from? It came from medieval Catholic Europe. It was based upon an edict of the Catholic Church.

Please research this: The basis for marriage in ALL European countries is not Scripture, but the Catholic Matrimonial Law, which is part of the Canonical Laws promulgated by the Supreme Legislator, who is the Pontiff or Pope. To varying degrees, it has been reformed in individual European countries, but the fountain of origin is still the Catholic Matrimonial Law.

As a matter of fact, before the Catholic Matrimonial Law was reformed, you could not even marry in Europe, unless you were first baptised into the Catholic Church and for this, you had to pay and pay BIG! Words like wedding banns, and other terms, derive from the Catholic Matrimonial Law, which provided that a priest must officiate.

Canon Law dominated Europe and was enforced by European kings and their armies, for fear they could be excommunicated by the Pope. The Pope was so powerful then, that he was the only one allowed to crown European kings, otherwise their claim to the throne would be illegitimate. Marriage and burials were the single largest sources of income for the Catholic Church.

And when other European churches broke away from the Catholic Church, they did it more for economic or political reasons, than for spiritual reasons. In the case of the Greek Orthodox Church, they did not want Greek money going to Rome. In the case of the Church of England, King Henry VIII wanted to divorce his wife and the Pope would not let him, and threatened to excommunicate him, thereby making his throne illegitimate, so the king started his own church-The Church of England. Till today, it is only the spiritual head of the Church of England, the Archbishop of Canterbury, that can crown the English king or queen.

In Scripture, marriage is purely a family affair. So, who joins you in wedding? God.

Scripture says “what God has joined together, let not man put asunder”-Matthew 19:6.

How does God join a couple together? Through a priest? No. He does it through the groom and the bride. Once they say ‘I do’ to each other, they are joined by God.

Scriptures says “Therefore shall a MAN leave his FATHER and his MOTHER, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and they shall be one flesh”-Genesis 2:24.

Above is the basis of ALL Scriptural marriages. It involves only the MAN, the WIFE, their FATHERS and MOTHERS. Marriage is a family affair. The church has NO role in it. According to Scripture.

That is how Isaac married Rebekah-Genesis 24:67. That is how David married Michal, Saul’s daughter-1 Samuel 18:27. That is how Hosea the priest married his wife-Hosea 1:3.

The case of Isaiah is of particular importance, because he was both a priest (since he officiated in the Temple) and a prophet. And more so, because he married a fellow prophetess. Apart from Christ, it is hard to mention someone in Scripture, holier than Isaiah.

So, how did Isaiah marry his prophetess wife? All he did was invite a priest and a prophet as “witnesses”. He did not invite them to officiate the wedding. And he immediately had sexual relations with his prophetess wife-Isaiah 8:2-3. No ceremony, no officiating priest. Just an agreement between him and the prophetess.

Another issue people raised is the issue of Bride Price. What I am going to say will shock people. Scripturally, Bride Price is ONLY paid for virgins. Do not argue with me. Argue with God. See Exodus 22:16-17. It even takes care of women who were raped, as long as they were virgin at the time of the rape.

One of the reasons why Joseph wanted to secretly break the Jewish Ketubah (contract of betrothal) with Mary, was because he was a righteous man and he would not be able to pay the bride price of Mary, because she was already pregnant. In Mosaic Law, it would have been a sin on his part, and by not paying it, he would have exposed her.

It is NOT Scriptural to pay a Bride Price for a non virgin.

In the New Testament, Christ left the Mosaic laws of marriage intact. The only new things He instituted was that a man was not permitted to divorce his wife, EXCEPT where there was sexual immorality on her part (Matthew 5:32). He also revealed that there is no marriage in heaven or God’s Kingdom, because we are all of one gender in heaven (Matthew 22:30).

Paul taught on CONDUCT within a marriage, but he never taught on HOW people should marry, because Christ had already validated the marital codes found in the Law and the Prophets.

Thus, allowing yourself to be led by the laws of men does not make you a Christian, or make your marriage holy. For such people, I refer you to Matthew 15:9:

“But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

As Christians, we must learn to adjust our lifestyle to suit Scripture, rather than adjusting Scripture to suit our lifestyles.

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

You have a long way to go who has time to read long epistle in nijer? You need koboko
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 7:03am On Nov 08, 2020
Heavensent01:
Shame on men paying bride price of over used pussy, I'll rather remain single than end up with one over used and over stressed pussy
Haha grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2020
lightangel65i:

After selling their virginity for indomie and recharge card they expect a man to pay bride price upon their rotten yeast infected puna, lol they should keep dreaming
Haha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Amumaigwe: 7:06am On Nov 08, 2020
lightangel65i:

After selling their virginity for indomie and recharge card they expect a man to pay bride price upon their rotten yeast infected puna, lol they should keep dreaming

Guy, you have sisters ooo. Take it easy.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=nasoeb post=95788612] its okay, its okay, off the mic. Haba babe why this one come pain you like this?[/quoIPte]
grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2020
Martinez39s:
The kain sweat, shivering and fainting you go see ehn. grin When that happens, you will see news popping everywhere, even on many slay queens' WhatsApp status that scientists have shown that hymen can lost from sports and bicycle riding. Like play like play, every girl will start telling you they engage in sport and ride their friends' bicycles. grin grin
Haha grin grin you are wicked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2020
luminouz:

Not only bic
ycles... Even wheelbarrows!!!
grin grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hassanmaye(m): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=coolsegun2002 post=95789682][/quote]

grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by StankovicEgeni(m): 7:20am On Nov 08, 2020
[quote author=Beckysexy post=95784285]Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Nonsense undecided

e pain u cos u ain't one!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo / Married Woman Discovers Whatsapp Group Chat Dedicated To “Surviving Her” / Hubby Mysteriously Disappeared After Meeting Lover In Hotel — Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.