Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally (36985 Views)

We Married As Virgins - Couple Who Welcomed Triplets After 25 Years Of Marriage / 29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by angelfallz(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

Okay... Here is the thing...

A lady's choice to stay celibate till the consummation of her marriage doesn't essentially or automatically make her more marriageable than the one that chooses not to...

It is certainly not a guarantee for marital stability and longevity!!!

While I respect a person's choice and ability to stay chaste till marriage, I will not place her far above those who failed to do the same.... There is more to life and character than sexual celibacy!!!

Women that have slept around have lost their ability to pair bond, which means she is more likely to continue sleeping around than a virgin.

Yes, i agree with you that virginity is not a guarantee for marital stability. In fact nothing is a guarantee for marriage stability and longevity.

the bolded, everyone has their own taste, views opinions etc.

Your last sentence i dont agree with you fully, yes there is more to life, but sexual celibacy is a very good indication of sexual control, so it matters a lot, at least to me.

Lastly, i don't know why you have to use exclamation marks, i feel like you are trying to shout your views at me. Lol.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Toks2008(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
NwekeUG:
Reno Omokri says according to the scriptures, bride price is only paid for brides who are virgins, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to his Twitter handle on Saturday November 7, he wrote:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1324948094866382849?s=19

I have written a piece on this and it made front page about 5 years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2495212/7-facts-bride-price-shock

Infact I elucidated on the topic with so much clarity.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
NwekeUG:
Reno Omokri says according to the scriptures, bride price is only paid for brides who are virgins, IgbereTV reports.

Very good one. And it is economical too. I won't spend much marrying borehole.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by jmarthins: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Before you come here and start shaking unnecessary tables.
Nonsense undecided
PS- Don't quote me cause I won't be replying.

Babe be calming down. Don't take it personal, don't vent your anger on Reno,it won't bring back your lost Virginity.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2020
Cutehector:
Very true.. I support him 100%
As small as you are,you already know about virgin and non virgin,theres more to life than just sex,think.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Nonsense undecided
Spotted! Take the lesson and swallow the truth and stop ranting. Attack the scripture.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by somehow: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lee84:
Once in Christ, you are a new person and Old things are past. So Reno just chill.

Including bride price or can't that pass away too?
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Angelfrost(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
angelfallz:

Women that have slept around have lost their ability to pair bond, which means she is more likely to continue sleeping around than a virgin.

Yes, i agree with you that virginity is not a guarantee for marital stability. In fact nothing is a guarantee for marriage stability and longevity.

the bolded, everyone has their own taste, views opinions etc.

Your last sentence i dont agree with you fully, yes there is more to life, but sexual celibacy is a very good indication of sexual control, so it matters a lot, at least to me.

Lastly, i don't know why you have to use exclamation marks, i feel like you are trying to shout your views at me. Lol.

Not all!... It's a bad habit I picked up from internet banter. I certainly don't use exclamation marks in the midst of literary minds. grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Cutehector(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
Zzor:
As small as you are,you already know about virgin and non virgin,theres more to life than just sex,think.
why are you stalking me? Dont have any tangible thing to do?
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Hotzone(m): 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Sex before marriage or just testing the �
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by somehow: 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
banio:
Bride price in some cultures can be paid even after the lady has bore you children. Example in Bonny Kingdom, Rivers State, bride price can be paid via the husband using it to tie the wife wrapper. Tying of wrapper is even far expensive, presently you would be budgeting a million naira and above for the occasion.

Left to me, bride price should be paid weather virgin or not. After all, who virgin help.

Marrying a virgin will reduce the chances of fathering another person's child
Contracting a deadly Disease and marrying a woman who has damaged her womb from abortions.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
Zzor:
Non virgins should have focused on thoes things that are more to life...rather than bleeping around ...and then coming back to say....virginity doesn't make a girl a potential good wife.....
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
Cutehector:
why are you stalking me? Dont have any tangible thing to do?
no you get it wrong,i somehow feel I should guide you,no offense.Just be very careful with life sha
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Cutehector(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Zzor:
no you get it wrong,i somehow feel I should guide you,no offense.Just be very careful with life sha
it would be a very foolish thought to make yourself cheap to me.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by drLammy(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Louder please!
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by tfash96(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Just don't have too many body count, have respect, have sense and be financially responsible that's all I want.

Some virgins are nothing to write home about.
have too many and few body count tell me what's the difference

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
TecM0:
cool

That's because scripture was written by Arabs and Jews of the Middle East, and it is part of their own culture and custum

Bride price is a cultural thing and it is dumb to jettison your own culture for Arab and Jewish culture

Just imagine if Biblical Joseph had insisted virgin Mary had a bastard since he never disvirgined her, and he had being close minded forming Alpha Male, will there be bases for religion, will Jesus had have such loving upbringing

was Mary not bethroted to Joseph before Jesus was born?

Did Joseph not get revelation from an angel himself that he shouldn't be dismayed about the mystery of the baby Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by angelfallz(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not all!... It's a bad habit I picked up from internet banter. I certainly don't use exclamation marks in the midst of literary minds. grin

Yeah i guessed as much, you have been battling for years, so have I. But i'm weary these days. I mostly say my piece, explain where i can and leave it at that
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by DigitB: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Nonsense undecided

Louder pls.

Reno advertising his fooli.sh fooli.shness

Don't bother replying

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by TecM0: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
Mikehot:
was Mary not bethroted to Joseph before Jesus was born?

Did Joseph not get revelation from an angel himself that he shouldn't be dismayed about the mystery of the baby Jesus?

Joseph had a dream, but he had a choice as human to ignore the message of the dream or ignore it and call it a nightmare, while humiliating Mary for having a child without him
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by abidem4real: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
NwekeUG:

What's socking is this tweet? We all know that's how it was when things were normal and people were sane. But now, life has been turned upsidedown.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
Cutehector:
it would be a very foolish thought to make yourself cheap to me.
dont be rude,life is much deeper than you think,stay away from premarital sex to you won't loose focus
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by duality(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
The word VIRGIN, makes some persons upset because they are enslaved by sexual immorality.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Alexaonfleek: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
Wahala for who nor be virgin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
that's why I took out time to post the whole thing here so that people reading it will understand that dowry is actually a penalty and it's not a must that the family of the lady will hand her over to you after paying bride price.
You are right. This is what the Bible says.

What Reno said is not in the Bible. That dowry should be paid on virgins is traditional but not scriptural. The Bible verses he quoted do not surpport payment of dowry is a wedding where there is mutual consent.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by KosiGee(m): 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Nonsense undecided

At the mention of pigs, all the dirty people would get fidgety...at the mention of old basket, all the skinny and scrawny people would get paranoid.

Don’t mind Reno...Your bride price is still intact and it must be paid in hard currency. There are stuffs out there to reset the 500,000km mileage back to zero.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Dreyton36: 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2020
No be say we no know the truth sir Reno

Na konji cuz am

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by IJOBA2: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
That's one of the Old Testament laws that no longer hold sway in the New Testament dispensation.

The way this man is being over opinionated about ladies issue, I'm very sure there are a lot of underground FBI agents doing investigation to incriminate him ;DOf course OT, and it's even talking about divorce. The most visual Bible message that cuts across both testaments about premarital sex is that it's a grievous sin. Payment or no payment of bride price is simply an OT tradition.
I HAVE NOT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW CHRIST
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
TecM0:

Joseph had a dream, but he had a choice as human to ignore the message of the dream or ignore it and call it a nightmare, while humiliating Mary for having a child without him
my point exactly is that Joseph would have ostracized Mary if he didn't get the vision he got.

So the issue of virginity was a big deal to those people.

Btw there was no way Joseph supposedly had a choice as you put it.

What he had was beyond a dream it was a vision , very clear and convincingly.

If Joseph had abandoned Mary, it would have been a disgrace for a single mom to train Jesus, (people would have even called him son of prostitute, how would he have had the fatherly symbolism he had as son of carpenter etc)

Joseph didn't have a choice, he just had to accept the symbolic act
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by IMAMofWAR: 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
TecM0:
cool

That's because scripture was written by Arabs and Jews of the Middle East, and it is part of their own culture and custum

Bride price is a cultural thing and it is dumb to jettison your own culture for Arab and Jewish culture

Just imagine if Biblical Joseph had insisted virgin Mary had a bastard since he never disvirgined her, and he had being close minded forming Alpha Male, will there be bases for religion, will Jesus had have such loving upbringing

u are an idiot
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
I think paying half of the bride price is still okay angry

To avoid one cheating the other cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times / Creative Maternity Shoot Of Husband Putting A Pregnancy Into His Wife (Pics) / A 13-Year-Old Boy Gives Part Of His School Fees To Ice Cream Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.