Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally (36994 Views)

We Married As Virgins - Couple Who Welcomed Triplets After 25 Years Of Marriage / 29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Angelfrost(m): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
HenryThegreat1:

Malachi chapter 3 vs 10 is what testament?

Don't go there o!!!... They will hang you by the balls!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by OMOJOHN001: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
I just tell me GF, no bride price for her sisters now.
Babe wan tear me apart, Lolx
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by DamnnNiggarr: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Exodus 22
English Standard Version
22 [a] “If a man steals an ox or a sheep, and kills it or sells it, he shall repay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. 2 [b] If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, 3 but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He[c] shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. 4 If the stolen beast is found alive in his possession, whether it is an ox or a donkey or a sheep, he shall pay double.

5 “If a man causes a field or vineyard to be grazed over, or lets his beast loose and it feeds in another man's field, he shall make restitution from the best in his own field and in his own vineyard.

6 “If fire breaks out and catches in thorns so that the stacked grain or the standing grain or the field is consumed, he who started the fire shall make full restitution.

7 “If a man gives to his neighbor money or goods to keep safe, and it is stolen from the man's house, then, if the thief is found, he shall pay double. 8 If the thief is not found, the owner of the house shall come near to God to show whether or not he has put his hand to his neighbor's property. 9 For every breach of trust, whether it is for an ox, for a donkey, for a sheep, for a cloak, or for any kind of lost thing, of which one says, ‘This is it,’ the case of both parties shall come before God. The one whom God condemns shall pay double to his neighbor.

10 “If a man gives to his neighbor a donkey or an ox or a sheep or any beast to keep safe, and it dies or is injured or is driven away, without anyone seeing it, 11 an oath by the Lord shall be between them both to see whether or not he has put his hand to his neighbor's property. The owner shall accept the oath, and he shall not make restitution. 12 But if it is stolen from him, he shall make restitution to its owner. 13 If it is torn by beasts, let him bring it as evidence. He shall not make restitution for what has been torn.

14 “If a man borrows anything of his neighbor, and it is injured or dies, the owner not being with it, he shall make full restitution. 15 If the owner was with it, he shall not make restitution; if it was hired, it came for its hiring fee.[d]

Laws About Social Justice
16 “If a man seduces a virgin[e] who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price[f] for her and make her his wife. 17 If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.

18 “You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

19 “Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death.

20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god, other than the Lord alone, shall be devoted to destruction.[g]

21 “You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. 22 You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. 23 If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, 24 and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless.

25 “If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him. 26 If ever you take your neighbor's cloak in pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down, 27 for that is his only covering, and it is his cloak for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate.

28 “You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

29 “You shall not delay to offer from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. The firstborn of your sons you shall give to me. 30 You shall do the same with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its mother; on the eighth day you shall give it to me.

31 “You shall be consecrated to me. Therefore you shall not eat any flesh that is torn by beasts in the field; you shall throw it to the dogs.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by akdjr(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
I think its time to write a "Modern Testament". After Old testament,the reality on grand doesn't fit in with the old testament and a new testament was written, now it appears the reality of present life does no longer conform with the "New Testament" thus a "Modern Testament" should be release.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by owowa145(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lee84:
Once in Christ, you are a new person and Old things are past. So Reno just chill.
Alaye, make una stop dey use Christ as Your excuse to baraje jare... The same christ said, i av not come to cancel of the laws of my fadas in d past (Moses) but to fulfill them.. I tell u if moses law said "when u go unto anoda man's wife, that is adultery, now i tell u, mere looking at her out of lust, that is adultery also". Tell me which of this law is more severe. Anoda 1. If moses gave u d permission to divorce, now i tell u, it is not allowed for whatsoever reason (even domestic abuse) except if she is caught doing adultery alone. Tell me which of d law is stronger that d world still breaks today... Wo, many could av wished Christ did not die for us in d end with d way we take him for granted by saying grace... Mtchew... I am not holy as well, thats why we must correct our ways... For by christ, pple will fall and perish, and by him pple will rise and be saved... May we not be found wanting. Amen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Martinez39s(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
luminouz:
Damn....

Reno go make these NL gehs faint oooooo

Reno, why naaaaaaa grin
If all men started taking this seriously, started posting it in their social media, and refused all nonvirgins, many women will panic like madt. grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Ayemileto(m): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
TecM0:
cool

That's because scripture was written by Arabs and Jews of the Middle East, and it is part of their own culture and custum

Bride price is a cultural thing and it is dumb to jettison your own culture for Arab and Jewish culture

Well, culturally, Female Virginity is valued.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by luminouz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
Martinez39s:
If all men started taking this seriously, started posting it in their social media, and refused all nonvirgins, many women will panic like madt. grin

Panic?

They will DIE!!! grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Adakintroy: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
This is the problem with traditions that Christ came to end. over time the actually meaning have been lost leaving it open to erroniouse interpretations.

My theory as to the birth of bride price may follows from natural human undertanding.

A price in general is paid only for a thing of value or worth"

If so, a woman who Is assume to have carried herself with dignity and is found to be a strong support is consider something of worth or value. Hence price on her is justified.

A virgin woman is deem worthy enough to earn such. Seeing that sex in many context is the ultimate text will and or perseverance.

Anyhow, i would not say any woman who is not a virgin is not worthy of a bride price. Rather I will say any woman who is low on virtue and good conduct in general is not worthy of any price whatsover.

A virgin may not be worthy of a bride price in some case if she keeps her virginity but not a good conduct/ character.

The Bible insentifies good behaviors as well as all society across time.

Incentivization or re_enforcemnt of good conducts are the common thread that
run across laws..biblical or otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by humilitypays(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
In the past, marriage to the Arabs and the Jews was more of a sexual thing but today, marriage has evolved beyond sex, marriage is now like a serious business partnership involving two established companies; the man and the woman.

Men no longer marry because of sex, which makes it irrelevant for the wife to be a virgin or not since sex is not the major reason men get married.

Many guys must have deflowered more than 5 virgins before they get married, so there is nothing special again in deflowering a woman to them, which also makes it irrelevant for their wife to be a virgin or not. Men are more focused on the inner beauty of a woman and how she helps them achieve their financial goals in life, not just sex. Many couple even make love once in a month after few years of marriage and it's not as if they are cheating on each other on quarrelling but because they are focused on other important things of life and how to grow their families.

Many guys today, even on this forum will marry a non virgin lady who will help their life become happier, more financially successful and established than marry one broke beautiful virgin who contributes nothing to the marriage aside opening legs every night for the husband to pour out hot semen shocked

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by lightangel65i(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Amethyst111:
Since I'm neither married nor a virgin, I guess this thread doesn't concern me. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nobody should quote me please, I no get power to explain myself.

Yes it does you are not worth a bride price and don't quote me back i have no strength to waste on a non virgin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by BruncleZuma: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
I didn't know Reno worships Ogun
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by meetcharles: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Before you come here and start shaking unnecessary tables.
Nonsense undecided
PS- Don't quote me cause I won't be replying.
lol! Seems u ain't a virgin no more and this jolted u somewhat. Reno drew our attention to a fundamental fact.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by gwama2: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
If the virginity of woman is the only condition for the bride price , then it is the doctors who will become rich by dint of stitching up the hymens of women to make them virgins. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by UDUJ(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
luminouz:
Damn....

Reno go make these NL gehs faint oooooo

Reno, why naaaaaaa grin

Some have started foaming from their mouths and raining curses on him already, lmao cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by lightangel65i(m): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Ekpekaycee:
Oga Reno, If there is a dowery of virgins, say 50k, there should also be a dowery of non virgins say 30k.

Nope you are doing a lady a favor to marry if she is a non virgin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Hope you married your wife as a virgin? And I hope your children are virgins... if No, then shut the Bleep up.
Nonsense undecided

Hahahahaha Virginia people, E pain nam

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by fergie001: 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Na em be say we go dey marry for free be dat.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by riyanxeally(f): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Nonsense undecided
pretender man ure even asking his wife was he a virgin or he just wan Dey form pope
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by kalu61(m): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Yusfunoble:
Wahala be like bicycle

If we follow this law ehn, some people go collect pure water (1 bag) and coaster biscuits (1 carton) as bride price grin
l swear grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Dearlord(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2020
cooooooks:
Many pastors and elders say the same thing.

It has nothing to do with age but a foolish mentality that measures a woman by how unconquered she is.

I am just tired of many of them we have in the society today.
Always trying to find fault over our opposite gender.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by lastchild: 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Nonsense undecided
he is not trying to instigate a law here, he's only telling you what the Bible Said

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by j3r3myk3n(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2020
Exactly
DamnnNiggarr:
Exodus 22
English Standard Version
22 [a] “If a man steals an ox or a sheep, and kills it or sells it, he shall repay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. 2 [b] If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, 3 but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He[c] shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. 4 If the stolen beast is found alive in his possession, whether it is an ox or a donkey or a sheep, he shall pay double.

5 “If a man causes a field or vineyard to be grazed over, or lets his beast loose and it feeds in another man's field, he shall make restitution from the best in his own field and in his own vineyard.

6 “If fire breaks out and catches in thorns so that the stacked grain or the standing grain or the field is consumed, he who started the fire shall make full restitution.

7 “If a man gives to his neighbor money or goods to keep safe, and it is stolen from the man's house, then, if the thief is found, he shall pay double. 8 If the thief is not found, the owner of the house shall come near to God to show whether or not he has put his hand to his neighbor's property. 9 For every breach of trust, whether it is for an ox, for a donkey, for a sheep, for a cloak, or for any kind of lost thing, of which one says, ‘This is it,’ the case of both parties shall come before God. The one whom God condemns shall pay double to his neighbor.

10 “If a man gives to his neighbor a donkey or an ox or a sheep or any beast to keep safe, and it dies or is injured or is driven away, without anyone seeing it, 11 an oath by the Lord shall be between them both to see whether or not he has put his hand to his neighbor's property. The owner shall accept the oath, and he shall not make restitution. 12 But if it is stolen from him, he shall make restitution to its owner. 13 If it is torn by beasts, let him bring it as evidence. He shall not make restitution for what has been torn.

14 “If a man borrows anything of his neighbor, and it is injured or dies, the owner not being with it, he shall make full restitution. 15 If the owner was with it, he shall not make restitution; if it was hired, it came for its hiring fee.[d]

16 “If a man seduces a virgin[e] who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price[f] for her and make her his wife. 17 If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.

20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god, other than the Lord alone, shall be devoted to destruction.[g]

21 “You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt. 22 You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. 23 If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, 24 and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless.

25 “If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him. 26 If ever you take your neighbor's cloak in pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down, 27 for that is his only covering, and it is his cloak for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate.

29 “You shall not delay to offer from the fullness of your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. The firstborn of your sons you shall give to me. 30 You shall do the same with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its mother; on the eighth day you shall give it to me.

31 “You shall be consecrated to me. Therefore you shall not eat any flesh that is torn by beasts in the field; you shall throw it to the dogs.

Hmmmmm!
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by riyanxeally(f): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
Osnami:
If we wan follow this law, all the girls wey dey nairaland no go get bride price
bride price or not u go still pay anyhow u know����
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
Beckysexy:
Nonsense undecided
Dowry was actually a punishment for rape. If a father refuse a Rapist from marrying her raped daughter, then such Rapist must to pay him dowry.
Exodus 22:16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. 22:17 If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Martinez39s(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
luminouz:
Panic?

They will DIE!!! grin grin
The kain sweat, shivering and fainting you go see ehn. grin When that happens, you will see news popping everywhere, even on many slay queens' WhatsApp status that scientists have shown that hymen can lost from sports and bicycle riding. Like play like play, every girl will start telling you they engage in sport and ride their friends' bicycles. grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Amethyst111(f): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
lightangel65i:

Yes it does you are not worth a bride price and don't quote me back i have no strength to waste on a non virgin
I don't even need a bride price that won't benefit me. Na the old people for my family go still share am las las. cheesy cheesy

Let's just get married and the rest will become history.

#Shooting_My_Shot#
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Rotji(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
TecM0:
cool

That's because scripture was written by Arabs and Jews of the Middle East, and it is part of their own culture and custum

Bride price is a cultural thing and it is dumb to jettison your own culture for Arab and Jewish culture

And so what is your culture?! Cohabiting with random women or impregnating girls before marriage?!

If you don't know a lot of African cultures and traditions, even traditional African religions encourage sanctity and moral values where certain disvirgining rites are observed on the couples Wedding night.

Reno, this means I've paid mine well o! grin grin grin cool cool cool

Nde Nen is involved grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by joxxy01(m): 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
Pls live scripture and go fight Brutai
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Exodus 22
English Standard Version

Dowry was actually a punishment for rape. If a father refuse a Rapist from marrying her raped daughter, then such Rapist must to pay him dowry.
Exodus 22:16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. 22:17 If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
Where is Righteousness89 our nairaland evangelist when we need him most grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Bride Price Is Only Paid For Virgins, Scripturally by Freestainworld(m): 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
TecM0:
cool

why are you then using the bible written by Arabs and Jews since they are not part of our culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Young Man Cries On Facebook After His Little Daughter's Death. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.