Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,936 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground (1805 Views)

Nigeria Is Finished! I Am Ashamed Of My Country - Pics / With Buhari Reactions To Nnamdi Kanu, He Is Finished(VIDEO OF BUHARI) / Man Lies On The Ground For Akpabio At The Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
My Brother a medical Doctor came to london for a weeks holiday, and I asked him casually who he would vote for considering the avalanche of bad news and press against Jonathan on the web. To my astonishment he said Jonathan all the way oooooo. I was shocked, and I asked him why Jonathan, he said don't you know he is a Phd holder. I said and so what, he said Buhari is coupist and an illetrate Soldier man.

That made me thinking I hope most folks back home are not as parachoial as my Brother. I know Yoruba people like someone " wey sabi book" but could being a Phd. holder swing it for Jonathan. I hope my brothers utterances is an isolated case
undecided
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by redsun(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
When you speak to every day nigerian it feels like they are not conversent with anything going on outside nigeria.They seem to be contended with the madness and on average they trully believe jonathan is a messiah just because he has been able to step up electricity supply in some area for like two,three times a week or because he paid off some miscreant militants who are just as objectiveless as nigerian government.

I don't know what jonathan has done as an illegitimate president that warms the hearts of ordinary nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
When you speak to every day nigerian it feels like they are not conversent with anything going on outside nigeria.They seem to be contended with the madness and on average they trully believe jonathan is a messiah just because he has been able to step up electricity supply in some area for like two,three times a week or because he paid off some miscreant militants who are just as objectiveless as nigerian government.

I don't know what jonathan has done as an illegitimate president that warms the hearts of ordinary nigerians.

I can remember reading about how someone convinced his parents that Buhari is the guy they should vote for. The person said his parents believe the economy is better in the hands of a PhD holder than some ex-soldiers whom they have seen play his last joker b4.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
Well, for one, your brother is a typical Nigeria --- less willing process information presented him critically, and analytically, but more willing to create reasons for why the status quo must continue. It is not an insult but it is the general way things are done in the country. So, the internet warriors need to get out there to EDUCATE people on what is really going on and why they need to push for change come April.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
The Buhari movement is nothing but a mere religious/ethinic movement.

You are abroad right? Well, those of us on ground know what is on ground: Jonathan still remains the best of choice among the contestants in the present day Ngieria.

Jonthan is a revolution, he is not a status quo.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Beaf: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
LOL!

The reality is that people on the ground in Nigeria who know where the shoe pinches are all for GEJ. Those who don't know what is going on after staying too long abroad are for the monster called Buhari.
How anybody that has tasted freedom abroad can root for a man who made speaking the truth a crime so long as it embarrassed govt, is absolutely beyond me (find out about decree's 2 and 4, if you are still unaware).
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ @ Beaf. please hook me up with the GEJ train. grin
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
LOL!

The reality is that people on the ground in Nigeria who know where the shoe pinches are all for GEJ. Those who don't know what is going on after staying too long abroad are for the monster called Buhari.
How anybody that has tasted freedom abroad can root for a man who made speaking the truth a crime so long as it embarrassed govt, is absolutely beyond me (find out about decree's 2 and 4, if you are still unaware).

I know beaf would rear is old ugly face on this thread b4 long. But let us call a spade, a spade,  all u guys shouting BB for life, does your neighbour, friends, parents, and associates share your optimism if not then all these noise on the internet is just a waste of time and an exercise in futility.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Beaf1: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ OP
Your brother must be coming from another planet not Nigeria!
You are being brainwashed!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by TewMuch: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf!:

@ OP
Your brother must be coming from another planet not Nigeria!
You are being brainwashed!

cheesy cheesy
hahahaha? A fake Beaf ? rotflmao grin cheesy. Genius
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Beaf: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally worry you guys on NL, don't I? How many impostor Beaf's have there been in 1 week (all mods I guess).
No fake can match the real thing. I'm like Aradu, mentally swift, an intellectual F-22 Raptor and a verbal acrobat!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by TewMuch: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
If you know the voting statistics you will know that this election is for the Youth to decide. And who spends more time on the internet discussing issues? The largest voting bloc ( THE YOUTHS), make no mistake about it. All these discussions on Nairaland will help them convince others and will help them be better prepared to discuss issues thoroughly, convincing in a well informed manner. Thereby changing the minds of those around them. Word spreads very fast. All revolutions in the 21st century began on the internet. GEJ has a tough battle ahead of him.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally worry you guys on NL, don't I? How many impostor Beaf's have there been in 1 week (all mods I guess).
No fake can match the real thing. I'm like Aradu, mentally swift, an intellectual F-22 Raptor and a verbal acrobat!!!

I think my brother is just star struck by "Jonathan". Because like millions of young Nigerians he is a member of Jonathan’s Facebook’s FAN CLUB always sending post to the President and getting favourable response back not knowing that it is people like “ Beaf” replying him.

The boy think say “him get intimate relationship with Mr President” I am sure a lot Niaja youths would fall into this category of people. For abroad we can log onto the web inside toilet sef, but in Naija “facebook” is still a novelty.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Newscaster: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
Exactly what we have been saying all along. At best 2000 people make noise on Nairaland for BB/Ribadu. Do you think that holds water? When 80% of the 2000 are outside Nigeria and will not vote while the remaining 20% do not even have a voter's card.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Beaf: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
Newscaster:

Exactly what we have been saying all along. At best 2000 people make noise on Nairaland for BB/Ribadu. Do you think that holds water? When 80% of the 2000 are outside Nigeria and will not vote while the remaining 20% do not even have a voter's card.

Tell dem jare! For some reason or arrogance, some who have lost any connection with the country outside of NL, think they know better than those who are anchored. It is sad.
The funny thing is how most of them post about frivolous things that are quite alien to the average Nigerian.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Akanbiedu(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
A common mistake is to think that everybody will support a candidate, what about those benefitting from the current arrangement?

For example, if i sell gen sets, why would I support Buhari?
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Abagworo(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
This is a tough battle for PDP.People are not really interested in Jonathan but that he belongs to PDP is his problem.

PDP is in serious trouble in the North and South-West.I pity anyone that accepts falsified results to attain governorship in the North and SW because most of them will be mobbed.People no longer believe in judiciary.We will all watch on TV when Governors will be attacked by mob.

The key to peace is to avoid rigging and allow the choice of the people stand.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by ekubear1: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
KnowAll:

I think my brother is just star struck by "Jonathan". Because like millions of young Nigerians he is a member of Jonathan’s Facebook’s FAN CLUB always sending post to the President and getting favourable response back not knowing that it is people like “ Beaf” replying him.

The boy think say “him get intimate relationship with Mr President” I am sure a lot Niaja youths would fall into this category of people. For abroad we can log onto the web inside toilet sef, but in Naija “facebook” is still a novelty.

This cracked me up grin
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Wadeoye(m): 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
Even Jonathan himself knows things are not looking good. Now he is to restrategise and do the campaign all over again. If somebody says he is voting for GEJ because he is PHD holder, then, I have seen another illitrate doctor who thinks certifcate is what makes a person. Hearing GEJ talk, you want to question his PHD. Even a bold high school leaver will perform better than GEJ on the podium.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by gernded(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
My Brother,

Nigerian's are not interested in PDP but GEJ is whom they want but the point is that some people who called themselves opposition group are still the same people that lost out from PDP out off power tussle, and the opposition are short sightedness They have shifted the Nigeria politics to regional issue ,So the point here is that PDP is the only national political party Nigerians parade and i tell you come rain come shin PDP will win presidential election ,ACN IS IN THE WEST the home of OBJ and he still have some political influence regardless how bad he may be.

Buhari is popular in the North west with his religious and sectional campaign.

My brother the two apposition picked their running mate from the west they abandoned the vote's from the SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST.

GEJ face no single opposition from the EAST AND SOUTH, as an incumbent he have made his way to the North at least 70% and west %70 .

he is winning for sure there is no gain saying he will not.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 16, 2011
redsun said:

When you speak to every day nigerian it feels like they are not conversent with anything going on outside nigeria. They seem to be contended with the madness and on average they trully believe jonathan is a messiah just because he has been able to step up electricity supply in some area for like two, three times a week

Sorry, you mean power supply is steadily improving under his government, even though you are far too lacking in grace, decency, and objectivity to couch it in positive terms?

It is actually the internet crowd that are deluded. Real Nigerians can feel the positive impact of Jonathan's rule. Gone are the notorious fuel queues that made life hell for millions. Fuel is now readily available with non fluctuating price. Diesel supplies are staying longer in peoples' jerry cans as power supply improves. And the people are taking notice. Meanwhile, a gigantic second national grid is under construction. A project worth billions of dollars. Power supply WILL continue to improve as the months roll by.

THAT IS ONE REASON NIGERIANS ARE VOTING WITH THEIR FEET, AND MOVING FOR DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2011
IS THE BB FEVER GAINING GROUND IN LAGOS NOW OR they are still thinking of voting for Ribadu and clueless GEJ. Would like to know? undecided
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Kilode1: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
KnowAll:

My Brother a medical Doctor came to london for a weeks holiday, and I asked him casually who he would vote for considering the avalanche of bad news and press against Jonathan on the web. To my astonishment he said Jonathan all the way oooooo. I was shocked, and I asked him why Jonathan, he said don't you know he is a Phd holder. I said and so what, he said Buhari is coupist and an illetrate Soldier man.

That made me thinking I hope most folks back home are not as parachoial as my Brother. I know Yoruba people like someone " wey sabi book" but could being a Phd. holder swing it for Jonathan. I hope my brothers utterances is an isolated case
undecided

Dude, why are you surprised? I guess you left Nigeria a long time ago, right?

Most Nigerians do not have access to the internet to read or hear all these anti-GEJ cries or arguments.

Outside Blackberry babes with plenty sugar daddies, most Nigerians don't have the money to recharge their phones constantly and browse the internet for information. How many Nigerians can afford DSTV connection and watch NN24 debates?

Nigerians are left at the mercy of NTA which is dominated by and filled with GEJ/PDP propaganda, remember Egypt National TV before the fall of Mubarak? They apologized after Mubarak fell. NTA is any-government-in-power and that is what my people have free access to when PHCN gives them light or when they are bored with Nolly-wood movies.

Even those with few Nairas to spare have to ration their fuel money between the Generator and the Car, no time or money for luxuries like newspapers or the internet, How do you expect those people to understand the nuances of this political atmosphere?

They are limited to few soundbites and beer palour talk about the candidates, like;

"GEJ is a poor man wey become governor"  although they forget a candidate like Buhari was born poor too.

"GEJ na South South, North don do" although They forget he's still PDP and supported by the same old powerful, corrupt governors and politicians across all regions.

They don't think Utomi is qualified enough, "he no get money to campaign" grin

They'll tell you; "GEJ na humble man", because they are confusing indecision and weakness with humility.

So, if your Bro who is a doctor and supposedly educated can fail to see through the fraud that PDP/GEJ is, what do you want my Grandmother in the Village to do?

GEJ is going to win this election because most Nigerians are still too oppressed and too ignorant to see beyond the lies of PDP or do anything about it.

But I believe that it won't be this easy for PDP/looters next time, The world is changing, there is hope for my Country. . .
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:59pm On Mar 19, 2011
I think it is very untrue, I live in the core south and I have succeeded in converting all my neighbours. One astonishing fact is that none of them were going to vote for him for what he has done they all just wanted to vote because he was from the south. But after some very nice talk and laying down the facts its BB all the way. Although we would still vote for amaechi, he is the only present SS governor worth my vote.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Kilode1: 3:12am On Mar 20, 2011
^^ Hopefully, more politically aware Nigerians who truly care about change and can see through the lies of these politicians will do what you are doing. . .
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by naijaking1: 5:17am On Mar 20, 2011
@poster

Your brother and millions of Nigerians on the ground know, see, and smell what the so-called internet warriors can't understand from cyberspace: GEJ is the best candidate!
And like your brother, I was recently in Nigeria, and you could say I could feel the pulse of the nation, unlike some people here who have not been to Nigeria within the past 2 years.

Another point, in a country where you don't have regular power supply, computers and internet access are limited to a small percentage of the population, it makes sense not to run an internet based campaign.

So, if Buhari wants to invest on internet campaign, I say Goodluck to him, but it's very smart for GEJ to focus on immediate and direct methods of communication such as biscuits, etc. cool
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 20, 2011
naijaking1:

@poster

it's very smart for GEJ to focus on immediate and direct methods of communication such as biscuits, etc. cool

LOL grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by PapaBrowne(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2011
Yesterday, I did a simple survey asking everyone I met both educated and uneducated if they watched the debate! The answer I got was "which debate"? I answered, the one on NN24. They said wetin be NN24?? They don't even know the station. But they all heard about the Dbanj interview and most of them thought it was kool.
Okada riders and taxi drivers would vote Jonathan because they haven't bought fuel above 65 naira and it has never been scarce since he came in. All those using "I better pass my neighbor" generators for their barbing and hairdressing salons, tailoring shops, business centres etc all think Jonathan is a messiah!! Market women love his wife because she sounds like them. Very Religious christians think he is God sent!

Let me just reel out a few statistics:
*Nigeria is 70% rural and these ruralites constitute the real voters!!
*All Nigerian newspapers put together sell less than 250,000 copies daily in a country of over 73.5 million voters. That means all the bad news about PDP isn't reaching a majority of Nigerians.
*Only 30,000 people signed into Nairaland in the last one month and majority of them don't visit the politics section!

Truth is Buhari is popular in the North west and on the internet, but his biggest undoing would be the inability of his party to reach out to the rural voters in the south west and middle belt. Illiterates vote with symbols and thats why PDP and ACN popularise their "Umblella" and Brooms! I don't even know the CPC logo and most illiterates even up north don't know it as well. INEC doesn't use photograph of candidates in elections. It uses names and party logos.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2011
But they all heard about the Dbanj interview and most of them thought it was kool.

I Think you have summed it up well with this statement. I think living abroad for too long makes one to take things for granted. I remember when I first visited Niaja in 1999 after staying in the UK for a good 7 years without stepping out, I took a lot for granted. Can u imagine telling my folks and friends when we/ I wanted to go out and there was no car to take me out, me telling my friends to I beg "make na call cab for me". It was then someone said cab ke, "where u thing say u dey"
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by binkabir(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2011
what have Jonathan done for a year now ?
do u know that the budget implementation for 2010 is less than 30%

and this is the person you want to still he to return to presidency.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by KnowAll(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2011

You know GEJ has not done anything, I know it too. The question is, does the market women know this, does the danfo drivers know this, Papabrown made a point, on the voters list, u vote for party and not individuals, the PDP Logo would be inextricably linked to both the Presidency and Governorship elections the electorate would confusedly just vote for the umbrella party even if they have intention of voting for Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Is Finished on the WEB . But He Seems Popular On The Ground by Beaf: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2011
binkabir:

shocked shocked shocked

I can see some are still hankering after the Turai/Aondokaa budget. Kudos to GEJ for sidestepping that cabal infested anti-Nigerian "budget."

KnowAll:

I Think you have summed it up well with this statement. I think living abroad for too long makes one to take things for granted. I remember when I first visited Niaja in 1999 after staying in the UK for a good 7 years without stepping out, I took a lot for granted. Can u imagine telling my folks and friends when we/ I wanted to go out and there was no car to take me out, me telling my friends to I beg "make na call cab for me". It was then someone said cab ke, "where u thing say u dey"

grin grin grin grin
At least thats better than those who have gone to Ketu market to absentmindedly price onions in pounds or dollars!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emirs Shun Buhari In Nasarawa State / Indian Hospital Conducts First Bariatric Surgery In Abuja / Nigeria Was Founded On Deceit, Greed And Lies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.