Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Bye Bye Tony Blair - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bye Bye Tony Blair (2828 Views)

"I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader / Desmond Tutu: Bush & Blair Should Face Trial At The Hague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bye Bye Tony Blair by MT: 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2007
The british people will miss him cry Tony leaves office today on a flat note
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by McKren(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2007
I will miss him too.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by MT: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2007
I will miss him too. I love his gut as a leader
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by denex: 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2007
That follow, follow prime minister. Abeg he should leave there let Someone with backbone handle England and remove Her from the shadows and shackles of the US.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2007
i admire tony blair a lot, cant say i ever liked brown. but lets see what happens.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by DisGuy: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
I think he lost the plot when he got a whiff Bush- strong weed!

The boy done good
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by angel101(f): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2007
I'm sad to see him go. i will surely miss him.
Brown just reminds me of OBJ grin
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by bamdil(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2007
I will miss him so much, he is such a kind gentle and outspoken leader.
He was a good leader, people in Britain will miss him not only that, my friend George too will miss him, and most of all Arnold Schwarzenneger will miss him too

We hope Gordon Brown will perform better than him as he is resuming office today.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by kulaShaker(f): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2007
MT:

The british people will miss him cry Tony leaves office today on a flat note

lol grin are you in the same country as me? very few brits will miss him, do you watch or listen to the news at all. He is the most unpopular labour PM ever grin
But i liked him, like i said very few ppl like him, the reason many black like him, is becos they do not want to ever face a country run by conservatives, it will mean bad news, lets not confuse this with the general public loving the man grin
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by denex: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
Tony Blair has gone. He should take his American shackles of Britain and return them to his master.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by kulaShaker(f): 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2007
lol too late for that , the shackles are here to stay for a good long while, and i don't really mind because , the world ain't safe
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by DisGuy: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
I wont say he is the most unpopular labour PM, alot happened after 9/11 and i think that is where things went sour

I dont think Gordon Brown will be following Bush like TB did, GB is coming watch your pennies! tongue
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by kulaShaker(f): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2007
Dis Guy:

I wont say he is the most unpopular labour PM, alot happened after 9/11 and i think that is where things went sour

whether you say or not, whether i like him or not, it is a fact, go google it or something, he is the most unpopular Labour Pm in History , check it!
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by DisGuy: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2007
I just did and he isnt! I mean those polls were conducted after 9/11 and at a time the country was going through bad batch.

He is a the real celebrity PM,taking the Labour party to three consecutive election victories he became the most successful labour leader. he got an unprecendented satisfaction rating of 83% before 9/11, you just have to take polls at the right time to get the desired results wink
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by McKren(m): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2007
kulaShaker:

whether you say or not, whether i like him or not, it is a fact, go google it or something, he is the most unpopular Labour Pm in History , check it!

Dont mean to innitiate an argument but I am afraid you need more reserch, sorry.

Amongst Ramsay Macdonald, Clement Atlee, Harold Wilson, James Callaghan who were previous Labour Leaders Blair is the most Legendary Leader labour has ever had.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by denex: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2007
Legendary in the way he turned Britain to a colony of its former colony.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by shanuke(f): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2007
am gonna miss him but honestly he's by far be'er than dem consevatives
, i only pray gordon brown performs better thats all.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by MT: 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2007
Tony exudes confidence and charisma. He is an orator. I admire him especially during intense Prime minister question time at House of Common. He's splendid!.

Many criticised Tony for following America sheepishly. Let's face it, there's no british PM that wont do America bidding if he is to succeed. Watch out for Gordon Brown, he will follow the same track. So many happen in the background that we people are not aware. A lot of batons are being passed at the top.

I wish Tony Blair happy life as he resumes as a middle east envoy!
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by DisGuy: 10:44pm On Jun 27, 2007
I dont think GB will follow the yanks well not as sheepishly as TB did, the first thing im sure he will do is move away from the bushman, i think G.Bush is anticipating this already he made unscheduled meeting with brown when he visited the usa and made a call to Brown this early morning. bush needs a the friends he can get the rest of eu turned their nose up at him long time ago
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by tng(f): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2007
I like him as a person and its sad that he has been schemed out kind of.I feel Gordon Brown is too ambitious and wont do any better than Blair.
At least, dem find TB something-middle east envoy. In my opinion he shouldnt have taken that job, i mean from prime minister to roving ambassador. Not exactly promotion.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by angel101(f): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2007
kulaShaker:

lol grin are you in the same country as me? very few brits will miss him, do you watch or listen to the news at all. He is the most unpopular labour PM ever grin
But i liked him, like i said very few people like him, the reason many black like him, is because they do not want to ever face a country run by conservatives, it will mean bad news, lets not confuse this with the general public loving the man grin

So unpopular he got a standing ovation at the house of commons yesterday and praise from Cameron?!
If u do not like him thats fine. not everybody does. but to say he is unpopular is a mis representation of facts. wink
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by denex: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2007
Jesus Christ! I just found out that as ex-Prime Minister, he gets a total package that amounts to almost GBP900,000 annually (N225,000,000). Kai! How much was earning them, when he was Prime Minister? Nigeria is terrible O! Our own president is managing a measley GBP12,000 (N3,000,000) annually, and we want to kill him.

Please does anyone know whether a non-British citizen can become Prime Minister?
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by angel101(f): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2007
denex:

Jesus Christ! I just found out that as ex-Prime Minister, he gets a total package that amounts to almost GBP900,000 annually (N225,000,000). Kai! How much was earning them, when he was Prime Minister? Nigeria is terrible O! Our own president is managing a measley GBP12,000 (N3,000,000) annually, and we want to kill him.

Please does anyone know whether a non-British citizen can become Prime Minister?

That is more than enough until they stop robbing us blind!  grin
besides u can't compare the cost of living here to that in Nigeria plus in Nigeria they get all sorts of benefits in and out of office. I don't believe thats the case here. Tony Blair yesterday caught a train to Sedgefield (his constituency) within hours of standing down as PM. That can hardly be said of OBJ. thats of course assuming ur story is correct. I have no idea.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by JustGood(m): 10:26am On Jun 28, 2007
angel101:

So unpopular he got a standing ovation at the house of commons yesterday and praise from Cameron?!
If u do not like him thats fine. not everybody does. but to say he is unpopular is a mis representation of facts. wink

The generality of the British public do not like him and that's a fact even confirmed by the election results. He has dragged labour down badly. I had a lot of respect for him some years ago; I think I still do.

Getting a standing ovation in parliament from politicians does not count for popularity. They are all politicains in the same profession and they dont hate each other. They're playing a game and they realise it so when he is leaving, he is no more the target man and they'll eulogise him. Even Margaret Thatcher the terrible gets eulogised
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by angel101(f): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2007
JustGood:

The generality of the British public do not like him and that's a fact even confirmed by the election results.

The election he won? or which election are u talkking about?

JustGood:

Getting a standing ovation in parliament from politicians does not count for popularity. They are all politicains in the same profession and they don't hate each other.

No doubt they are all politicians are they all labour party members also? If they hated him so much at least the opposition would boo.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by initiator(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2007
TB would make a good envoy to the middle east just as he resolved the North ireland crisis which had brewed by for 30 years. He's a formidable politician albeit a showman though the invasion of iraq is still a dent in his career. I was humbled seeing him board a train yesterday. I thought of dear Nigeria
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by MILITIA(f): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2007
So Sowwwwwwwwwwy! cry cry cry  Goodbye Tony  "Ewu" Blairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! grin
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by DisGuy: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2007
Tony Blair and middle east undecided i dont think thats a good combo he should have done something a bit easier that will definately get results in his lifetime AFRICA, that middle east is a no go area only God can do something about that place.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by angel101(f): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2007
If he does succeed though, imagine what a star he would become. wink
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by denex: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2007
@angel101

Oh, so Tony Blair caught a train after leaving office? OBJ got caught in traffic when he left office. All that one na drama. Somebody that is earning more than N600,000 per day caught a train and you fell for that scheme? Don't forget that the N600,000 per day is apart from the Iraqi Oil money that him and Bush are making.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by Seun(m): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2007
Source, please? Thanks. Tony Blair is cute and earnest, but i don't know if it's all an act since he supported Bush.
Re: Bye Bye Tony Blair by JustGood(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2007
angel101:

The election he won? or which election are u talkking about?

No doubt they are all politicians are they all labour party members also? If they hated him so much at least the opposition would boo.

Do you know how much labour lost in the last general elections and the last scottish elections as well? what planet are you on?

As I asked, what planet are you on? Politicians are not hardened enemies. They are professionals and they realise that the purpose is to get into power. How many of those politicians applauded him before he stood down? Every politician who has ruled this country gets extolled if they have not caused any calamity.

I'm sure you too intelligent to have such a naive thought system as to think that Tony Blair is very popular now or is nearly as popular as he was some years ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prostitution Has Been Booming In Afghanistan Since Taliban Take Over / Arizona Immigration Law. Necessary Or Bad Law? / Operation Dudula Continues- Blood Shed Will Soon Start in SOUTH AFRICA!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.