Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada (6158 Views)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Fact Check : DJ Switch Has Not Been Granted Asylum In Canada / Dele Momodu: I Was On The Run From Abacha And Was Granted Asylum In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by weyreypey: 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
Speaks before the Canadian parliament

Obianuju Catherine Udeh professionally known as DJ Switch, has revealed that soldiers, who shot at peaceful #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos, on October 20, 2020, revealed that they were sent to the protest ground on orders from above.

DJ Switch said this while speaking with the Sub-committee on International Human Rights of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development of the Canadian parliament.

The entertainer recounted the incident that led to the deaths of about a dozen protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate.

She noted that the military opened fire on the protesters after creating a three-formation line.

Debunking claims by the Nigerian Army that soldiers fired blank bullets into the air, DJ Switch said the soldiers shot at them.

She told the Canadian parliament that she counted not less than seven persons shot, adding that one of the soldiers threatened to shoot her.

Recounting the October 20 incident, she said, “On October 20, 2020, we had spirited Nigerians there united with one goal against police brutality against bad governance.

“What started out as a protest against police brutality with the unit called SARS unfortunately degenerated into something I still find hard to reconcile within my heart.

“We got information that the government wants to see me and six other people and I remember saying to them that we have no leader and if the government wanted to speak with us, he should kindly come to the toll gate and address Nigerians because we have been out for eleven days.”

She added that the first gunshot was heard from behind, adding that it was chaotic as people were running in different directions so as not to be hit by bullet until it was announced that protesters should lie on the floor.

She continued, saying, “As we didn’t know where the gunshots were coming from and what they are about and then the lights went off.

“I remembered the military came in first, they stopped shooting at some point and I walked up to one of them and I asked why he was shooting at us and he said he had express order from above, and I was coming too close to him and if I come too close, it would be considered an attack on him and he would have to shoot.

“It didn’t take another ten minutes, the shooting started again. I remember seeing seven people that have been shot down and we were telling people on my live Instagram to help us call an ambulance.”

She also added that after the military were ordered to stop shooting by a senior military officer, the police were drafted to the toll gate and continued shooting at protesters, who were still at the protest ground.

She revealed that she has been in hiding following threats to her live by unknown people.

She said she initially thought it was an empty threat until she received a call that the military were trying to arrest her.

“I have been on the move because they have been after my life. The first threat came in, I thought it was a joke, I sincerely thought it was a joke.

“Just as I was leaving, I got a phone call that I should leave the vicinity because there are military men at the hospital.

“I had to abandon my home, I moved from people’s home, and then just to get out of Nigeria. I am still travelling, and I am not done with my trip,” DJ Switch revealed.

https://freelanews.com/lekki-shooting-dj-switch-punctures-nigerian-army-claims-indicts-buhari-govt-in-canada/

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by bigdammyj: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
Noted
Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by weyreypey: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
Getting started
Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Davash222(m): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
She’s in Canada already

Please, when is the next protest?

35 Likes

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good For Her..
She has Escaped Nigeria but she is still in Earth..

Until we Enter Heaven that is when we re Safe!
There is no safe place on Earth!
Jesus Christ is the only safe zone..

Brothers and Sisters I Admonish Everyone to Personally Search His/Her lives..

We need to be Ready at all times. This Message is Specifically for Somebody!

Anything could Happen at anytime and anywhere!!

JESUS is Highly Important for Everyone..

5 Likes

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by ivolt: 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
May the fraudulent liar never return. Having no source of livelihood, she will become a parasite on the Canadian public system while claiming to be an activist. Tueh

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Nigeriabiafra82: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Now ,
More shame to those hypocrites, threatening her
More exposure await them in international community

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by kkkp: 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
cheesy This one don take style move

8 Likes

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
God bless this sister.

Im happy for her, found a better home.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Xisnin(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
This working format will soon be overused.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by weyreypey: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
ivolt:
May she never return. Evil lying fraud. Having no source of livelihood, she will become a parasite on the Canadian public system. Tueh
Izzit your public boko haram system?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by AfonjaMuslim: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
This one go pain we Yoruba muslims wella

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by sammysmiles(m): 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
Nigeria jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by bossvinqualad25(m): 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
am happy for your, you left the shit hole for good, For professional touches on your offices, homes, estates, schools,fumigation etc reach out to prolific Giant cleaning services to give you the best, A trial will convince you.we can work in any part of the country

5 Likes

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Fake news.

No lekki massacre but lekki looting.

Nigerians are very quick to bring down their country even if they have to tell lies to gain sympathy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Lifestone(m): 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
She don pot
She don cash out !

1 Like

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by hope3310(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Chosen1984:
Good For Her..
She has Escaped Nigeria but she is still in Earth..
Until we Enter Heaven that is when we re Safe!
There is no safe place on Earth!
Jesus Christ is the only safe zone..

Brothers and Sisters I Admonish Everyone to Personally Search His/Her lives..

We need to be Ready at all times. This Message is Specifically for Somebody!

Anything could Happen at anytime and anywhere!!
WELDONE SIR

JESUS is Highly Important for Everyone..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Okoroawusa: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2020
It's better for her o! That's if the news is true.

The blood of the innocent on her head will forever keep her on the run.

Uju, you will forever be afraid of your shadows. Those deaths you engineered will never forgive you. If you like run to Jupiter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Lari03r(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
Davash222:
She’s in Canada already

Please, when is the next protest?

Walahi, this format is danjerlous but faster than normal visa application!

5 Likes

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Fahdiga(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
How I wish I'm the one
Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
TWO THING ARE INVOLVED IN NIGERIA

YOU CAN EITHER SPEAK THE UNDILUTED TRUTH AND BE CALLED ENEMY OF STATE, HUNTED TO BE KILLED BY ALL MEANS THEN YOU RUN FOR YOUR LIFE AND YOU'RE CALLED A COWARD

OR

YOU LIE AND BE CALLED PATRIOTIC CITIZEN AND BE GIVEN POLITICAL APPOINTMENT

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by HAccord: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
Abeg she should never relent in firing Buhari skull with daily missiles from Canada. That fuccking tyrant in Aso rock deserve to be beaten like a common thief and e go soon happen. Make abokki people prepare for war, since dem say we no go drink water drop cup for this country.

God bless Canada. Fuckkk the abokki-run shithole!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Charmingrascal(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
weyreypey:
Speaks before the Canadian parliament

Obianuju Catherine Udeh professionally known as DJ Switch, has revealed that soldiers, who shot at peaceful #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos, on October 20, 2020, revealed that they were sent to the protest ground on orders from above.

DJ Switch said this while speaking with the Sub-committee on International Human Rights of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development of the Canadian parliament.

The entertainer recounted the incident that led to the deaths of about a dozen protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate.

She noted that the military opened fire on the protesters after creating a three-formation line.

Debunking claims by the Nigerian Army that soldiers fired blank bullets into the air, DJ Switch said the soldiers shot at them.

She told the Canadian parliament that she counted not less than seven persons shot, adding that one of the soldiers threatened to shoot her.

Recounting the October 20 incident, she said, “On October 20, 2020, we had spirited Nigerians there united with one goal against police brutality against bad governance.

“What started out as a protest against police brutality with the unit called SARS unfortunately degenerated into something I still find hard to reconcile within my heart.

“We got information that the government wants to see me and six other people and I remember saying to them that we have no leader and if the government wanted to speak with us, he should kindly come to the toll gate and address Nigerians because we have been out for eleven days.”

She added that the first gunshot was heard from behind, adding that it was chaotic as people were running in different directions so as not to be hit by bullet until it was announced that protesters should lie on the floor.

She continued, saying, “As we didn’t know where the gunshots were coming from and what they are about and then the lights went off.

“I remembered the military came in first, they stopped shooting at some point and I walked up to one of them and I asked why he was shooting at us and he said he had express order from above, and I was coming too close to him and if I come too close, it would be considered an attack on him and he would have to shoot.

“It didn’t take another ten minutes, the shooting started again. I remember seeing seven people that have been shot down and we were telling people on my live Instagram to help us call an ambulance.”

She also added that after the military were ordered to stop shooting by a senior military officer, the police were drafted to the toll gate and continued shooting at protesters, who were still at the protest ground.

She revealed that she has been in hiding following threats to her live by unknown people.

She said she initially thought it was an empty threat until she received a call that the military were trying to arrest her.

“I have been on the move because they have been after my life. The first threat came in, I thought it was a joke, I sincerely thought it was a joke.

“Just as I was leaving, I got a phone call that I should leave the vicinity because there are military men at the hospital.

“I had to abandon my home, I moved from people’s home, and then just to get out of Nigeria. I am still travelling, and I am not done with my trip,” DJ Switch revealed.

https://freelanews.com/lekki-shooting-dj-switch-punctures-nigerian-army-claims-indicts-buhari-govt-in-canada/

Another talent flees the Corntree to escape witch hunting, harassment and probably to save her life which zombies and the tyrant government are calling for.

DJ Switch many of us that saw the live Instagram video as the blood sucking Soldiers were shooting at unarmed protesters converged at Lekki toll gate will never forget you.
You are a strong and brave woman, I respect you because as they were shooting at you guys u still stood ur ground and rendered help to some of the victims even as they blocked an Ambulance from rescuing the injured.
I have never been that furious in my life the way I was that night, I wish I had armors to fight back in wish I had a super power to kill them all.

You won't be forgotten switch
Many are coming after you, the mission is to escape from this Corntree that has been bastardized.

9 Likes

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by LegendAnselm: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
ivolt:
May the fraudulent liar never return. Having no source of livelihood, she will become a parasite on the Canadian public system while claiming to be an activist. Tueh
may those thing u said above, happen to ur mother, ur dad, ur sisters ur wife and ur childreen. Thanks

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by November1857(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2020
ivolt:
Typical fulani Muslim ! When will IRAN grant you ASYLUM ....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Renforce: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
Saving her own head... Wow

1 Like

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by WoeBetide666: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
She said she walked up to the soldiers and asked them why they were shooting. Turn your dodo, madam grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Lipscomb(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
Don't misuse the privilege of internet access.
ivolt:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by lkillbrokehoes: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
ivolt:
Shut up u foool, illiterate!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by sapientia(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
APC failed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Guber: Appeal Court Live Proceedings / Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua / Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.