Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,616 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada (6186 Views)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Fact Check : DJ Switch Has Not Been Granted Asylum In Canada / Dele Momodu: I Was On The Run From Abacha And Was Granted Asylum In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by ThatFairGuy: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2020
Davash222:
She’s in Canada already

Please, when is the next protest?
Taking place in Enugu and Abia, Don't ever try that nonsense again in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Davash222(m): 11:44am On Nov 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Taking place in Enugu and Abia, Don't ever try that nonsense again in Lagos
Your Oba of Lagos was humbled... if you do anyhow, we go still humble you.
Re: DJ Switch Granted Asylum In Canada by Litmus: 11:58am On Nov 10, 2020
Exactly what I said would happen in my response to Planetx below:

planetx:
The same America where there was massive looting during the BLM protests of George Floyd. Same lootings during the Mike Brown police killing protests and massive Baltimore looting of another black man killed by police. Keep deceiving yourself with your America hate looters narrative. We are talking about fundamentally changing Nigeria, this one is talking about American visa and who America will take in for asylum, would America be able to take even %5 of Nigeria 200 million population? At least Nigerians were looting primarily food but the Americans were looting liquor, clothes,sneakers, television etc.

Keep watching and you'll see that in the coming month some of these people will make their way to Europe claiming that their lives are in danger from Nigerian authorities due to authorities suspecting that they took part in activities related to the demonstrations. And, though you dispute it, the overriding belief of those that will try this, is that the West looked in sympathy and concern at their plight in Nigeria. But contrary to their belief, and yours it would seem, nations of the West will disregard their own asylum policies, they will look on the migrants as yet another set of people trying to get into Europe. And in the very highest levels, officials will be worrying that these people claiming that they are fleeing Nigeria because of possible reprisals, will be potential trouble makers if let into europe. Someone like DJ Switch, or whatever she is called, will stand better chance of asylum if she wanted it. The rabbles out there stand no chance, especially with all those looting, burning and killing last week.

...the point is not that the looters are dying to get to Europe but that many believe in the back of their minds that the rest of the world is with them. I used immigration in order to show how in a practical way this is not the case.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apeal Court Orders Benue APC Gubernatorial Primary Rerun / One Of The Anambra Men I Respect Is Coscharis (photos) / Message From An Angry American Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.