Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (72076 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nice one
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by DamselQueen: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
I'm proud to be a Yoruba wink

6 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Barrywilly(m): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Very beautiful looking views

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by SpicyMimi(f): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Beautiful

Final clearance sales : Good quality T-shirts available, few polos , socks, jeans, long sleeves shirts, boxers, 3 in 1 White T-shirts etc all available at low prices. Stock is limited and this is the last clearance sales.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Haywhysat: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2020
Welcome to My land,Ife land... Make sure you visit the Ife grand resort also

@travelwaka

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by enemyofprogress: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2020
Rubbish!
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Donspicey: 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
1. The council of Elders place and the front view of the palace

I must admit The Yorubas have a rich history, beautiful tradition and a great story. I got to learn how the Ile Ife, Oyo, Benin Kingdom and other parts of the yoruba land became one

Nice one.....

Pls help visit aso rock and tell us wia the president's louge is located i want to check sometin.....Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by erayo2GCA(m): 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
Leave benin out of your narrative

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by leisuretym: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
Yoruba Headquarter Worldwide

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by femixx: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Lalasticlala lets explore the Palace of the Ooni of Ife together

Hmmnnnnn But you are not talking about snakes na! grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by PrinceMajestic: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Its beautiful. But from its looks it doesn't have the other side of ile-ife in it. I remember years ago during the reign of the late oba how yorubas tried to force my uncle and I to lye down because others were doing so as the oba passed. We didn't, but certainly it was all understood and settled, I never met this one though, not interested in his activities. His dad was a great man of hospitality. May He continue to protect his kingdom and rest on amongst Spirits of Kings.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by marsman: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Shortcut2life:
Forget nothing dey inspiring about this place all ile ife road they bad I see this man convoy they dodge potholes I shame for him matter as a king .. He is just a greedy king that cares about his business only ... shey Na palace we won chop ni ..
Na him be government wey go repair road abi? Open mouth wahhh

8 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Was this the Birth Place of ODUDUWA
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Enoz(m): 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
Money is good o
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Eddygre8(m): 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Historical masterpiece

6 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
1. The council of Elders place and the front view of the palace

I must admit The Yorubas have a rich history, beautiful tradition and a great story. I got to learn how the Ile Ife, Oyo, Benin Kingdom and other parts of the yoruba land became one

Verify your lies before coming online to spew rubbish.
Benin is Benin, Yoruba can be whatever they want to be but don't try to marginalize us again.

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Salewa97: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Average looking.......to Igbos's!

Igbos are not royal by nature so you don’t know what true kingship means.

All the warrant chiefs turned to Obi are just a quota system kingship where they also want you guys to participate.

When talking about true Royals you’ll be talking about the Ooni, Oba of Benin, Alaafin of Oyo, and etc.

When you don’t have something, you can’t appreciate it!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by TOYNEX(f): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
If you love Culture, You'll Love Corals.

Get original Coral Stone Beads, age long heritage of royals at ROTAD Beads +2348030420155

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Enoz(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
Back you man :PBack you man
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
Yes the stories are thrilling.
tot:
Rich cultural heritage. Kudos travelwaka.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Mbataku96(m): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Beautiful heritage
Yoruba amaka

Get $100 bonus for your first deposit when you trade with FSB.inc
Click on the logo below

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
See skulls everywhere.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by gerrisson(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Hello beautiful people, Since after the lock down was eased. I have been doing some wakawaka. So I found my way to Osun State. The place where the yoruba race started. As a lover of history, I decided to trace the story of these beautiful people.

Osun State is located in South west and shares a border with Oyo, Ogun and Ondo State.
Yoruba's believed that Oduduwa is the progenitor of the Yoruba race which makes it easy to trace their origin. This is a folklore that is shared by every Yoruba states.

They believed Ile Ife was where everything started from. Ile Ife is an ancient city and it is believed to be the cradle of Yoruba civilisation. So on getting to Ife, I headed straight to the Palace of the Ooni of Ife and what I saw was really incredible. It can be rated as one of the most beautiful palaces in Nigeria.

The palace has three courts, the Emese Court, the Council of Elders Court and the Supreme Court. The Emese Court is handled by the Emese who are a version of the British Royal Guards. They are in charge of simple matters , The council of elders handle some bigger issue while the Supreme Court is headed by the King

Picture below is the Eruwa Square, it is located opposite the Ooni of Ife palace

https://www.travelwaka.com/ile-oodua-the-beautiful-palace-of-the-ooni-of-ife/

Please kindly enjoy the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjjJzdy-Pc

Your phone camera do not have any image stabilization with the video format you are shooting with. Makes the clip unwatchable.
Get a better phone.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by waleadeagb(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
We are just too smart and intelligent to be compressed into a geographical expression call Nigeria.

quote author=DamselQueen post=95924367]I'm proud to be a Yoruba wink[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by habeebobalola(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=Gkay1 post=95924335]nothing special here.

So many things special here bro, but op can't ve access to all

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Please go and learn about history of the benin Kingdom and Yoruba Kingdom. They have been one strong ally , Nobody is causing any marginalization. I am only talking about history of their long term relationship and how it came to be
EdoDefence:

Verify your lies before coming online to spew rubbish.
Benin is Benin, Yoruba can be whatever they want to be but don't try to marginalize us again.

5 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
looking like a museum they are about to abandon, whats beautiful here, op hope u okay sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Shortcut2life: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
marsman:

Na him be government wey go repair road abi? Open mouth wahhh

He has the position as the king to appeal to the government no be to they take photo shoot be the koko ... even local roads are bad and there’s no infrastructures in that city at all .. Na to mine Osun state Gold him sabi ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / The Returned Oba’s Staff is Fake - Royal Prince Calls Out Oba Of Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.