Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,983 members, 7,828,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (72085 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by TAO11(f): 4:19am On Nov 18, 2020
LegendHero:

Nice to have you back.

Keep up the good work.
Good to ‘see’ you again — the legend and hero.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
TAO11:
Ooooh, the plan all along was that you will revert to this debunked 1970s fabrication once I get off Nairaland. Haha! grin LMFAO! Anyways, you’ve just been caught pants down. grin

Just two questions for you lad: Why are you a liar? Abi you lie for a living? grin

Na 700 blue pigs dem dey kill, not only 7 black cows — insecure lying nincompoop! grin

Will you ever answer the following question which I’ve been posing to you forever?:

Where are Bini people and their Kings’ progenitors from?

(A) Ife according to the “official” Benin account.
(B) The Sky according to the Benin mythology.
(C) Europe according to the 1823 Benin account.
(D) Egypt according to Egharevba’s 1953 edition.
(E) All of the above.

Feel free to use any of the following lifelines: (1) Ask the audience, (2) Phone a friend, or (3) 50-50.

Modified:
Anyways, the attached image below highlights one specific implication of the relationship Benin kingdom has with the ancient and sacred kingdom of Ife. grin

cc: macof, RuggedSniper, gomojam, MetaPhysical, BabaRamota1980, LegendHero
Welcome. I miss you alot.
Let me roar to the spectators so they can know that the competition is about to be more fun.

In Theokolese's voice, "Nairalanders, shall we begin?" grin grin

I know Greggy will be the most sad for your return. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by TAO11(f): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
gomojam:
Welcome. I miss you alot.
Let me roar to the spectators so they can know that the competition is about to be more fun.

In Theokolese's voice, "Nairalanders, shall we begin?" grin grin

I know Greggy will be the most sad for your return. grin cheesy
Lol. Good to ‘see’ you too. I sighted you on the other thread too.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by RuggedSniper: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2020
TAO11:
Thanks for the reply and the compliment sir.

Yes, the above-attached artifact is quite rare. F. Willett’s works, et al. has a number of such works. I took a screenshot of the above-attached one from one of S.P. Blier’s works which also shows a reference to one of F. Willett’s publications.

Similarly, other such rare artifacts which affirms the Ife-Benin connection are seen in the attached screenshot below — showing an Ife terracotta head made in the Benin style perhaps for export purposes, considering the early dates of Ife productions in comparison to Benin works.

Artifacts like these are published in F. Willett’s, “New Light on the Ife-Benin Relationship” as well as in O. Eluyemi’s “New Terra-Cotta Finds at Oke-Eso, Ife”; among others.

See also: https://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=%22Ife+terracottas%22

Yes, the recent events in Lagos are very heart-wrenching to say the least. I agree 100% that we must protect our heritage at all cost.

I’ve been very busy lately, but it’s looking like I’d be able to carve out some little time once in a while going forward. How are you?

Awesome feedback @TAO11. Yeah! I'm doing OK right here... and one has to zoom off from online activities atimes like you've done to gain perspective about real-world issues and gain mental clarity. I use the 80/20 Principle (Pareto Principle) for daily time management. Thanks again. smiley P.S. I just heard a few minutes ago that the Ooni of Ife has a new baby son (Prince) for the first time ever. Congrats to the Royal House!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by babtoundey(m): 11:17am On Nov 23, 2020
TAO11:
Ooooh, the plan all along was that you will revert to this debunked 1970s fabrication once I get off Nairaland. Haha! grin LMFAO! Anyways, you’ve just been caught pants down. grin

Just two questions for you lad: Why are you a liar? Abi you lie for a living? grin

Na 700 blue pigs dem dey kill, not only 7 black cows — insecure lying nincompoop! grin

Will you ever answer the following question which I’ve been posing to you forever?:

Where are Bini people and their Kings’ progenitors from?

(A) Ife according to the “official” Benin account.
(B) The Sky according to the Benin mythology.
(C) Europe according to the 1823 Benin account.
(D) Egypt according to Egharevba’s 1953 edition.
(E) All of the above.

Feel free to use any of the following lifelines: (1) Ask the audience, (2) Phone a friend, or (3) 50-50.

Modified:
Anyways, the attached image below highlights one specific implication of the relationship Benin kingdom has with the ancient and sacred kingdom of Ife. grin

cc: macof, RuggedSniper, gomojam, MetaPhysical, BabaRamota1980, LegendHero

As usual, Tao has started flogging their lies filled cranium with hurtful truth.

Tao, can you make them more confused and ridiculous as they have always been? Pleases ask them the meaning of Oba. I want to hear that "shinning seki" and "it's red theory" again.
Thank God, Gregboy has a thousand and one mouths. He will surely come with another meaning this time around. It is red might have turned to it is blue.

5 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Obalufon: 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
Edeyoung:

You keep talking brass casting coming from ife

Can you prove ife mafe those brass casting lets start from there

Olowo of owo made it know that they never made terracotta sculpture in ancient times and that those sculptures wete purchase from merchants

This terracotta sculpture have same semblance with ife sculptures and we all know ife also didnt have any art guild system making it possible that
Ife also bought those sculptures from artesian too thats why those sculptures didnt depicit the cultures of ife people

TAO11 tried proving it to me but she failed maybe yours will be different

First of all check owo terracotta head and check ife terracotta head on net before you begin to reply me, you will see thay both ife terracotta head and owo terracotta head is thesame

But non of this terracotta heads have both the ife and owo cultural attribute why

Probably they were non indigenous to this two tribe who just purchased it

If you doubt me prove it

You don't know anything about Ife culture

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / The Returned Oba’s Staff is Fake - Royal Prince Calls Out Oba Of Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.