Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (72091 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by lekki1444: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
impressive. i like that it is all white. white is Obatala and Orunmilas color

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Litmus: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
These Nigerian monarchs, kings, traditional rulers etc are national assists that Nigerians don’t seem to recognise. Nigeria could earn millions from tourism by investing in them. Interested and capable parties could draw from the past to rebuild the palaces of some of these Kings in ways that actualise the African style the palaces were meant to be but that our ancestors couldn’t quite achieve back then because they did not posses current architectural capabilities and materials. In short, we rebuild the palaces with modern cemetery and imaginings of the ways they may have improved over time and looked now in modern times had we not been colonised.

Investors of the scheme, in addition to the traditional rulers and people of the area, could recoup the cost in fees charged to tourists.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by OBTMOS(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Palace is beautiful but the town is ugly. That is the state of the country
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by 12345baba(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Buh, #endsars reach here?
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
It is definitely a place worth visiting

Haywhysat:
Welcome to My land,Ife land... Make sure you visit the Ife grand resort also

@travelwaka

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Gkay1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=habeebobalola post=95924968][/quote] den don see dat king staff ?
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Challenge Accepted. Please send money for the tour grin grin
Donspicey:

Nice one.....

Pls help visit aso rock and tell us wia the president's louge is located i want to check sometin.....Thank you
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by farem: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Opposite the Palace is the Eruwa Square, once you see this place you know you are about to Enter the Royal palace

Eruwa Square has the statue of Oduduwa, the Progenitor of the Yoruba race. This place is dedicated to him.

Please Kindly follow me on Instagram - www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours I will be giving out some free tours to some lucky winners.

Enuwa (Ẹnu Ọwá). The boundary of Ọwá Obokun of ijesaland.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Farki: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Chai see as someone drank Coke and littered the King's grave site

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Please go and learn about history of the benin Kingdom and Yoruba Kingdom. They have been one strong ally , Nobody is causing any marginalization. I am only talking about history of their long term relationship and how it came to be

Don't tell me my history, I will speak for my history, not you speaking for me.

Benin and Yoruba were never allies rather had the relationship of Master and Vassal relationship.

Don't come here to spew fake stories

IT'S NOT BY FORCE TO BE YORUBA undecided

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by nograv: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
updatechange:
Although accient but some parts looks kinda filthy,
God bless Yoruba land, God bless Òoduans, awa omo Òodua, Òodua agbe wa o Asé.

I thought the same, fair enough the Ooni has moved to a newer palace building, but couldn't he have maintained the older palace structures?

I will give it to the Emirs in the North, they maintain their old palaces even if they have new dwellings, out of respect for tradition...

God bless Yoruba Land

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by JustPerpetual(f): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Hello beautiful people, Since after the lock down was eased. I have been doing some wakawaka. So I found my way to Osun State. The place where the yoruba race started. As a lover of history, I decided to trace the story of these beautiful people.

Osun State is located in South west and shares a border with Oyo, Ogun and Ondo State.
Yoruba's believed that Oduduwa is the progenitor of the Yoruba race which makes it easy to trace their origin. This is a folklore that is shared by every Yoruba states.

They believed Ile Ife was where everything started from. Ile Ife is an ancient city and it is believed to be the cradle of Yoruba civilisation. So on getting to Ife, I headed straight to the Palace of the Ooni of Ife and what I saw was really incredible. It can be rated as one of the most beautiful palaces in Nigeria.

The palace has three courts, the Emese Court, the Council of Elders Court and the Supreme Court. The Emese Court is handled by the Emese who are a version of the British Royal Guards. They are in charge of simple matters , The council of elders handle some bigger issue while the Supreme Court is headed by the King

Picture below is the Eruwa Square, it is located opposite the Ooni of Ife palace

https://www.travelwaka.com/ile-oodua-the-beautiful-palace-of-the-ooni-of-ife/

Please kindly enjoy the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjjJzdy-Pc
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Aksnoopy: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
If Ile-ife was indeed the cradle of yoruba race, why did ordinary slaves(modakeke) almost wiped them off the surface of the earth?
If ile-ife people are indeed powerful, why did modakeke warrior almost burned down the ooni palace, sacred houses and sites and the whole town.
Ile-ife was saved by warriors/ marcenaries from Ekiti-state.
Don't be fooled, Ile ife and ooni isn't as powerful as you might think.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Evidenx(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
marsman:
Most respected King in Africa, we can also call him the King of Africa. i see civilisation + Heritage working hand in hand.
YORUBA LAGBA
EGBON U CAN LIE OOOO.
GO FIND OUT,D ONLY KING IN NIGERIA THAT QUEEN ELIZABETH OF ENGLAND RECOGNISE IS THE OBA OF BENIN,THATS WHY SHE ALWAYS SEND REPRESENTATIVE ANYTIME A NEW OBA IS TO BE INSTALLED IN BENIN CITY. NOR TALK WETIN U NOR KNOW.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
Yes You are right, It is not everyone that has the money to buy good phones. This is why I am recording with my Digital Camera. It's a Canon 6D. I must admit it is quite old compared to the new Cameras being produced lately. Now making matters worse carrying this heavy Camera, talking, Shooting and recording at the same time plus my lack of videography skills.

Like they say Rome was not built in a day. That was my first attempt at video recording with the Camera. I hope professionals like you will be willing to help out an amateur

gerrisson:

Your phone camera do not have any image stabilization with the video format you are shooting with. Makes the clip unwatchable.
Get a better phone.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by lekki1444: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Benin and Yoruba were never allies rather had the relationship of Master and Vassal relationship.

nigga keep quiet. yoruba and benin were allies. i am a product of a benin and yoruba merger in the 1600s when some members of the benin kingdom travelled to ikorodu and merged with the yoruba. till today in ikorodu there are two obas, one oba of benin extraction called the Olisa and then another of yoruba extraction but all the benin people of back then all bear yoruba names now. the commisioner for transport for lagos state Dr Fred Oladeinde and the CEO of polaris bank Dr Tokunbo Abiru are a product of that merger and these two are from ikorodu and have yoruba names now but their heritage is benin from the olisa faamily

5 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by mannatech: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
It's a shame that most of our ancient monument and cultural heritage sites are left to rot without proper restoration work done to preserve them.

Since buhari became the president, ministry of tourism, Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation have become useless under Lia mohammed.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by southsouthking(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
The Oba of Ife is the top in Hierachi in Yorubaland. according to Legend. One of his sons known as Oranmiyan, was sent to Igodogogo (Now Benin KIngdom) , he conquered the Kingdom and He became the first King of Benin. According to history, he was having issues with the people of Benin because they didn't like his style of rulership. So he made his son Eweka the ruler and left Benin for good.

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere. LOL . The King had to move because Oranmiyan was a great warrior

Awa���� I repeat Awa. Stop this now if you don't want to be Ogionoba.

Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by mrugly: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
The Oba of Ife is the top in Hierachi in Yorubaland. according to Legend. One of his sons known as Oranmiyan, was sent to Igodogogo (Now Benin KIngdom) , he conquered the Kingdom and He became the first King of Benin. According to history, he was having issues with the people of Benin because they didn't like his style of rulership. So he made his son Eweka the ruler and left Benin for good.

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere. LOL . The King had to move because Oranmiyan was a great warrior

Now, to start with. Oranmiyan didn't conquered Benin(since he didn't wage any war when he got there). The story is this: The Benins came to Oduduwa and asked him to be their king and Oduduwa refused but gave them Oranmiyan (his last son) to go and rule over them.

Why the Benins came all the way to Ile Ife to ask for king( Some of you might ask)? Well, I can't fully say as there are some stories too that emancipated from Benin Kingdom that Oduduwa's origin is from the Benin Kingdom and that he is part of the Ogizo dynasty (if I could recall the name) which translates to the SKY DYNASTY. Legend also says that he(Oranmiyan) was the one who gave them the name Benin because, AS THEY SAY when he got there, he discovered that there ways of life is full of wrath, so he called that place ILE IBINU which translates to the LAND OF WRATH. It is true that he left Benin in anger when he saw that he was unable to change their ways of living.

You mentioned about conquering every Kingdom in southwest, go through your history book again and check if he conquered the Ijebu Kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by InvertedHammer: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
/
Aerial view of Ife please so that we can compare and contrast.

The supposed grave site looks dilapidated and abandoned. Everything falling apart. So much for reverence.
/
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Vazro: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
Where the swimming pool dey for boys when the time come
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Emmasnoop(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
King of APC and PDP No value again.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Opposite the Palace is the Eruwa Square, once you see this place you know you are about to Enter the Royal palace

Eruwa Square has the statue of Oduduwa, the Progenitor of the Yoruba race. This place is dedicated to him.

Please Kindly follow me on Instagram - www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours I will be giving out some free tours to some lucky winners.
is this the official permanent ooni palace or is it just the personal home of the current ooni

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sewgon79(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Verify your lies before coming online to spew rubbish.
Benin is Benin, Yoruba can be whatever they want to be but don't try to marginalize us again.

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
lekki1444:
nigga keep quiet. yoruba and benin were allies. i am a product of a benin and yoruba merger in the 1600s when some members of the benin kingdom travelled to ikorodu and merged with the yoruba. till today in ikorodu there are two obas, one oba of benin extraction called the Olisa and then another of yoruba extraction but all the benin people of back then all bear yoruba names now. the commisioner for transport for lagos state Dr Fred Oladeinde and the CEO of polaris bank Dr Tokunbo Abiru are a product of that merger and these two are from ikorodu and have yoruba names now but their heritage is benin from the olisa faamily

Lol you're a product of a merger that happened in 1600, that means you're a 420 years old grin.

Now look here close your trap you call a mouth and reserve your 10mb cheesy

ITS NOT BY FORCE TO BE AFONJA grin
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
[s]
Sewgon79:

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere.
[/s]

Lies, Oduduwa left Benin for his life was threatened

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
If you go back and check my past posts, I do not promote tribalism, I totally avoided people that post negative or Tribalistic comments. I only responded to you because you said I am trying to cause issues. If you feel I posted something that is not true. You can at least correct me. Life is too beautiful to come here and be fighting, Well when I come to Edo, I guess you'd be my host.

EdoDefence:

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
It is the official and permanent Ooni of Ife's palace. It is where the Ancestors lived.
jacksonkennedy:
is this the official permanent ooni palace or is it just the personal home of the current ooni

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by foleskay(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Average looking.......to Igbos's!

Post d palace of the chairman of imo State council of traditional rulers mk we compare.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by lekki1444: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Lol you're a product of a merger that happened in 1600, that means you're a 420 years old grin.

Now look here close your trap you call a mouth and reserve your 10mb cheesy

ITS NOT BY FORCE TO BE AFONJA grin
angry lipsrsealed
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Hindex: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Hello beautiful people, Since after the lock down was eased. I have been doing some wakawaka. So I found my way to Osun State. The place where the yoruba race started. As a lover of history, I decided to trace the story of these beautiful people.

Osun State is located in South west and shares a border with Oyo, Ogun and Ondo State.
Yoruba's believed that Oduduwa is the progenitor of the Yoruba race which makes it easy to trace their origin. This is a folklore that is shared by every Yoruba states.

They believed Ile Ife was where everything started from. Ile Ife is an ancient city and it is believed to be the cradle of Yoruba civilisation. So on getting to Ife, I headed straight to the Palace of the Ooni of Ife and what I saw was really incredible. It can be rated as one of the most beautiful palaces in Nigeria.

The palace has three courts, the Emese Court, the Council of Elders Court and the Supreme Court. The Emese Court is handled by the Emese who are a version of the British Royal Guards. They are in charge of simple matters , The council of elders handle some bigger issue while the Supreme Court is headed by the King

Picture below is the Eruwa Square, it is located opposite the Ooni of Ife palace

https://www.travelwaka.com/ile-oodua-the-beautiful-palace-of-the-ooni-of-ife/

Please kindly enjoy the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJjjJzdy-Pc

The boundary states are not complete. Osun state is bounded by Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Ekiti and Ondo states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / The Returned Oba’s Staff is Fake - Royal Prince Calls Out Oba Of Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.