Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode (28102 Views)

PDP Governors May Dump Wike Over Party Members Harassment, Romance With APC / APC Primary: More Governors Pitch Tent With Osinbajo / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by kahal29: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2020
Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation has warned the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, over the planned defection of Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

There are reports that Umahi is planning to dump the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the ruling party.

Fani-Kayode, reacting, said he is yet to confirm the news but described Umahi’s rumoured defection to APC as troubling.

According to him, other governors may join Umahi to defect to the APC which will affect the party’s chances of winning the 2023 presidential election.

The PDP Chieftain on his Twitter page wrote: “The rumour that my friend and brother Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi state is planning to leave @OfficialPDPNig and join @OfficialAPCNg is troubling.

“I am yet to confirm if it is true and I will see him in the next few days to know the true position of things but if it is then I urge the leadership of the PDP to do all they can to ensure that he stays. Not only is he a profoundly good man and an excellent Governor but his contributions to the success of the PDP over the last 20 years at various levels is immeasurable and simply extraordinary.

“ Apart from that he happens to be a good friend of mine and someone I hold in high esteem, immense respect and affection for. Unlike many he is forthright and his word is his bond. He is either with you or against you, he is fearless, bold and has the courage of his convictions.”

Fani-Kayode further called on the National Chairman of PDP, Uche Secondus to do everything within his power to persuade Umahi to stay at the party.

“What makes the matter worse is that other Governors may also contemplate leaving if he does because he has a lot of friends and goodwill amongst them.

“If that happens it will affect our party’s chances in the 2023 presidential election in a very significant way.

“Again I call on the National Chairman and the NWC of our great party to do all they can to keep Umahi on board.

“He is one of our brightest and best and losing him to the APC would be a monumental error and great tragedy,” he stated.

Fani-Kayode added that the PDP needs Umahi as he is a great asset to the opposition party.

“ The fact of the matter is that we need him just as we need everyone else and petty divisions and internal wranglings at this crucial time do not help us.

“Umahi is a great asset to the party and a source of strength and inspiration to the rank -‘d file right across the country,” his tweet added.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/12/more-governors-may-dump-pdp-with-gov-umahi-fani-kayode-warns/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by peacekante: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2020
grin

The PDP has taken us for granted despite giving them 21 years loyalty. It is time for us to try something new. Fani Kayode talking will soon dump PDP and join APC. Even Wike to despite saying he is not igbo in this video will definitely dump PDP some day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Karlovich: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2020
A great opportunity for them to rig the 2023 election and then accomplish their aim of creating RUGA all over the south.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by kahal29: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2020
cheesy
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by OfficialAwol(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2020
Umahi is just being a politician.

He should understand that PDP needs to be more strategic than emotional in 2023. So it's not a question of who deserves the PDP presidential ticket but a question of who will win the presidency for PDP.

But I understand he must be raising this dust to cut deals with PDP. At least he wants to be assured of VP position.

Baba is scared that PDP is most likely to represent the Atiku/Obi ticket in 2023.

He wants Obi dropped and himself picked.

Believe me, if Atiku had picked him 2019, he would have moved heaven and hell to ensure they win.

I hate self centered politicians like Umahi.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by nero2face: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2020
While I think Umahi had made a good choice to leave PDP as de party had been so unfair to the SE region, I also fear this could be a wrong political calculation for his career, PDP may be an opposition parry but APC looks more divided than PDP, and crossing the line may backfire and he'll loose everything... Forces in APC are terribly much and Umahi may stand little on no chance...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by tyup(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2020
PDP's folly/fall would be giving the VP ticket to the SE, they're bound to Fail if they do that

Their sure winning would come from a mixture of North/SW. SS/SE would wanna do away with anything Buhari so they have little or no choice but to vote PDP. I repeat a North/SE is a no no for us sad

5 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by nzeobi(m): 8:42am On Nov 12, 2020
tyup:
PDP's folly/fall would be giving the VP ticket to the SE, they're bound to Fail if they do that

Their sure winning would come from a mixture of North/SW. SS/SE would wanna do away with anything Buhari so they have little or no choice but to vote PDP. I repeat a North/SE is a no no for us sad
You and who are the us

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by nzeobi(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2020
Umahi wants to contest for president and if he believes he can win the APC ticket even as a new comer then he is a fool when many gladiators in APC are already battling and tackling each other.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Staro: 8:47am On Nov 12, 2020
So, has APC zoned its ticket to South East?

Umahi is just a typical Nigerian politician.
Anybody that believes his cock and bull reason for
leaving is foolish.

Same Umahi that has been romancing Buhari since

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by omenka(m): 8:55am On Nov 12, 2020
Stupid Short Fuse demon.

Always out to act as though anyone in the party even listens to him or implement any recommendations he makes.

PDP has been tolerating you simply because you are a loudmouth against APC, but deep down, they know you arent politically worth even a nickel.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Fahdiga(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2020
Nigerian politicians have no ideology. All they know is their pockets. Can a governor jump to another party in the US just like that

1 Like

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Kyase(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2020
nzeobi:
Umahi wants to contest for president and if he believes he can win the APC ticket even as a new comer then he is a fool when many gladiators in APC are already battling and tackling each other.
Atiku won, 6 months into the party (pdp)

6 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by SIONKPO1(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2020
PDP is evil,while APC is greater evil,the next protest the both of them will be targeted and we will ensure that all the politicians in both party don't ever contest elections and if they do,we will use youths to destroy their campaigns
Stupid old man trying to be relevant
Ihate unprincipled men,how I wish IPOB can channel all its energies to that clown called umahi.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Okoroawusa: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2020
Is FFK still in PDP because i just checked the list of influential people in PDP I didn't see his name there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by SIONKPO1(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2020
Fahdiga:
Nigerian politicians have no ideology. All they know is their pockets. Can a governor jump to another party in the US just like that
Thats one thing I love about buhari,he remained in opposition party

8 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2020
FFK is always deluding himself. Even his PDP colleagues don't take him seriously.

Most accept FFK is a liability only good for use as an attack dog because of his insultive and loquacious mouth.

Umahi is just showing the reality of what is to come. Folks should forget Edo and Obaseki win. When it is time the ruling Party will simply use the powers of the FG plus 'stick and Carrot' incentive to coerce many in the PDP to join APC thus weakening the opposition too fatally for it to ever recover or even mount a credible challenge before the 2023 election.

No one in the PDP can stop it either because they don't have any influential gladiators, leaders, strategists and sagacious names like Tinubu, Osinbajo, Akeredolu, El Rufai, Sanwo Olu, PMB etal.

PDP only have selfish and disloyal Atiku, impotent loudmouths like FFK and Bode George, always second Secondus, neutered wasters like Saraki and Ekweremadu, anonymous Peter Obi and Tambuwal, faded Kwankwaso, discredited Makinde plus rabble rousers like Wike etal. PDP has no central or coordinated strategy to gain power in 2023.

Umahi has just seen what is to come and is jumping early to consolidate his position in APC, and become an established Governor/leader there, before others begin arriving later. Ikpeazu and others will join to validate what I have always argued that politics, at least for political leaders, is about permanent interest and not permanent enmity or friendship.

Bookmark this thread. APC will finish PDP and render it impotent before 2023. APC will achieve it very easily too.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by nzeobi(m): 9:35am On Nov 12, 2020
Kyase:

Atiku won, 6 months into the party (pdp)
Does he have the contacts that Atiku have. Bet me umahi will not even win primaries conducted by among only South easterners in any party.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Is FFK still in PDP because i just checked the list of influential people in PDP I didn't see his name there.

Bro, man's gotta eat. Noisemaking and being an attack Dog for hire is how FFK eats. He has zero influence in PDP.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2020
omenka:
Stupid Short Fuse demon.

Always out to act as though anyone in the party even listens to him or implement any recommendations he makes.

PDP has been tolerating you simply because you are a loudmouth against APC, but deep down, they know you arent politically worth even a nickel.

My brother grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by nzeobi(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2020
OneTemplate:
FFK is always deluding himself. Even his PDP colleagues don't take him seriously.

Most accept FFK is a liability only good for use as an attack dog because of his insultive and loquacious mouth.

Umahi is just showing the reality of what is to come. Folks should forget Edo and Obaseki win. When it is time the ruling Party will simply use the powers of the FG plus 'stick and Carrot' incentive to coerce many in the PDP to join APC thus weakening the opposition too fatally for it to ever recover or even mount a credible challenge before the 2023 election.

No one in the PDP can stop it either because they don't have any influential gladiators, leaders, strategists and sagacious names like Tinubu, Osinbajo, Akeredolu, El Rufai, Sanwo Olu, PMB etal.

PDP only have selfish and disloyal Atiku, impotent loudmouths like FFK and Bode George, always second Secondus, neutered wasters like Saraki and Ekweremadu, anonymous Peter Obi and Tambuwal, faded Kwankwaso, discredited Makinde plus rabble rousers like Wike etal. PDP has no central or coordinated strategy to gain power in 2023.

Umahi has just seen what is to come and is jumping early to consolidate his position in APC, and become an established Governor/leader there, before others begin arriving later. Ikpeazu and others will join to validate what I have always argued that politics, at least for political leaders, is about permanent interest and not permanent enmity or friendship.

Bookmark this thread. APC will finish PDP and render it impotent before 2023. APC will achieve it very easily too.
Tinubu, Osinbajo, Akeredolu, El Rufai, Sanwo Olu, PMB etal. The people you mentioned here mostly lost or struggled to deliver their pooling booths during the 2019 elections aside buhari.
Aketi lost in ondo, osinbajo lost his booth in lagos Island, Sanwo Olu and tinubu escaped by the whiskers, El-rufai rode on buhari influence and power of incumbency.
You are a poor analyst.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Racoon(m): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2020
No political party will help the cause of this nation unless a constitutional & geographical restructuring of this failed nation is ensured.Anything less, Nigeria will continue the viscious cycle its has found itself since independence.

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 12, 2020
nzeobi:

Tinubu, Osinbajo, Akeredolu, El Rufai, Sanwo Olu, PMB etal. The people you mentioned here mostly lost or struggled to deliver their pooling booths during the 2019 elections aside buhari.
Aketi lost in ondo, osinbajo lost his booth in lagos Island, Sanwo Olu and tinubu escaped by the whiskers, El-rufai rode on buhari influence and power of incumbency.
You are a poor analyst.

Read properly. I said influential and sagacious leaders and strategists. Those in the APC, including the names I mentioned, are all visible, charismatic and sagacious leaders whose influence will grow more before 2023.

You are the poor analysts, a sentimental one too, if you think this protest damages what Tinubu brings and his stupendous reach, machinery and influence that spans the entire political field of Nigeria.

No need to argue. Simply bookmark this page because your kind are sentimental and emotional so you will never agree with argument you dont emotionally or sentimentally align with.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by AsiwajuNdigbo: 9:50am On Nov 12, 2020
Wike.
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Brandonx(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2020
FFK is a silly man.
He should focus more on his frolic with women because PDP does not have a place in Aso Rock.

4 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by fk001(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2020
PDP has taken SE for a ride for a long time now.

6 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by slawormiir: 10:23am On Nov 12, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Says who
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2020
grin
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Mokason288(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ihedioha: Mass Resignation Hits Imo PDP / Spotlight On Wike’s Endless Search For Prayers (Photos) / Oshiomhole Fails To Resume Office On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.