Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode (28139 Views)

PDP Governors May Dump Wike Over Party Members Harassment, Romance With APC / APC Primary: More Governors Pitch Tent With Osinbajo / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by mrkings84(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2020
A situation where both the PDP and APC don't win the presidential election come 2023 is a very welcome development

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by udemzyudex(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2020
Umayi? I'm not surprise, his body language have always shown he is an APC man.

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by afroxyz: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2020
These people tbink that come 2023, they woukd be relevant. If una like form another party, Nigerians have had a enough from your lot. All y'all woukd be rooted out

1 Like

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Bkayyy: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2020
It is better late than never, though I'm not a fan of APC.
For some ignorant Ndigbo that will come here to blame innocent Umahi just know this, PDP is currently headed and run by an Igbo phobic Ogoni man (the inventors of Abandoned property) in the person of Uche Secondus.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Centcanada: 10:31am On Nov 12, 2020
Whether they dump PDP or not, 2023 is for youth with fresh mandate and fresh political parties.

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by beegameh(m): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2020
must dis man comment on everything. when he was minister wat did he even do. Oga shift

1 Like

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by alizma: 10:32am On Nov 12, 2020
Fani Kayode even sounds more like an APC man than PDP in his response.
He said he has not confirmed the info but he already know that some other governors are contemplating leaving the party with Umahi.
Everyone is now FFK's Friend.
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Patrioticman007(m): 10:32am On Nov 12, 2020
Brandonx:
FFK is a silly man.
He should focus more on his frolic with women because PDP does not have a place in Aso Rock.

Cocaine addict politician
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2020
mafnvn7:

This looks like NNN. The lost younger brother of MMM.

Off topic btw. smiley

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by frowland(m): 10:33am On Nov 12, 2020
kahal29:
Femi Fani-Kayode, former minister of aviation has warned the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, over the planned defection of Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

There are reports that Umahi is planning to dump the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the ruling party.

Fani-Kayode, reacting, said he is yet to confirm the news but described Umahi’s rumoured defection to APC as troubling.

According to him, other governors may join Umahi to defect to the APC which will affect the party’s chances of winning the 2023 presidential election.

The PDP Chieftain on his Twitter page wrote: “The rumour that my friend and brother Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi state is planning to leave @OfficialPDPNig and join @OfficialAPCNg is troubling.

“I am yet to confirm if it is true and I will see him in the next few days to know the true position of things but if it is then I urge the leadership of the PDP to do all they can to ensure that he stays. Not only is he a profoundly good man and an excellent Governor but his contributions to the success of the PDP over the last 20 years at various levels is immeasurable and simply extraordinary.

“ Apart from that he happens to be a good friend of mine and someone I hold in high esteem, immense respect and affection for. Unlike many he is forthright and his word is his bond. He is either with you or against you, he is fearless, bold and has the courage of his convictions.”

Fani-Kayode further called on the National Chairman of PDP, Uche Secondus to do everything within his power to persuade Umahi to stay at the party.

“What makes the matter worse is that other Governors may also contemplate leaving if he does because he has a lot of friends and goodwill amongst them.

“If that happens it will affect our party’s chances in the 2023 presidential election in a very significant way.

“Again I call on the National Chairman and the NWC of our great party to do all they can to keep Umahi on board.

“He is one of our brightest and best and losing him to the APC would be a monumental error and great tragedy,” he stated.

Fani-Kayode added that the PDP needs Umahi as he is a great asset to the opposition party.

“ The fact of the matter is that we need him just as we need everyone else and petty divisions and internal wranglings at this crucial time do not help us.

“Umahi is a great asset to the party and a source of strength and inspiration to the rank -‘d file right across the country,” his tweet added.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/12/more-governors-may-dump-pdp-with-gov-umahi-fani-kayode-warns/

Abakeliki or whatever are known to be bold and indifferent. They simply don't care what u think and hardly ride in sentiments. They are all over the place trading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Swagtrills(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2020
Does Fani Kayode have a share in nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by adeheritage: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2020
Shebi he said Trump will win. Until then biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by AmazingELixir: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2020
grin grin grin

Was it not because of presidential ambition that led to the defection of the former speaker of the house of representatives Hon. Yakubu Dogara...I foresee problems in APC Immediately Buhari's tenure elapse.

If only these bunch know that by 2023 the youths are taking complete control of the polity.

Both APC & PDP have failed the country

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Openbusiness: 10:48am On Nov 12, 2020
Everybody is his friend and brother, nawa grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by ofem89(m): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2020
and Jesus reply and said who among you will by taking thought can add a cubit to his stature only God can decide the fate of some people not even themselves. leave every thing to God who knowns all by committing it to his hands.
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Onuoha1234(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2020
Restructuring is oñ already! All calculations now is visioñless.
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by rickyrex(m): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2020
It's only a fool that will join this frustrating party called APC with a bid of wining 2023 election. APC rather will be dumped
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by 123Map(m): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2020
Okay

Abeg today na my birthday

Can I get a like from you smiley

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Glenn2020(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2020
Rightly....it's time to have only one or two effective parties.Apc and Ydp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2020
There business as usual!! Babu ruwana aciki
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by seunayantokun(m): 11:17am On Nov 12, 2020
Those are the people assumed to have been elected to represent their people. They want to be president though their generation and the unborn children are becoming more hopeless everyday.

1 Like

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Golan007: 11:17am On Nov 12, 2020
Who is bankrolling FFK?
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by RedScorpion(f): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
fk001:
PDP has taken SE for a ride for a long time now.

APC would soon take SE for a one chance ride if the governors decamp.

APC is never a better alternative
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by derbykol(f): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2020
OfficialAwol:
Umahi is just being a politician.

He should understand that PDP needs to be more strategic than emotional in 2023. So it's not a question of who deserves the PDP presidential ticket but a question of who will win the presidency for PDP.

But I understand he must be raising this dust to cut deals with PDP. At least he wants to be assured of VP position.

Baba is scared that PDP is most likely to represent the Atiku/Obi ticket in 2023.

He wants Obi dropped and himself picked.

Believe me, if Atiku had picked him 2019, he would have moved heaven and hell to ensure they win.

I hate self centered politicians like Umahi.
Good analysis
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by derbykol(f): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2020
nzeobi:
Umahi wants to contest for [b][/b]president [b][/b]and if he believes he can win the APC ticket even as a new comer then he is a fool when many gladiators in APC are already battling and tackling each other.
VP
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Omezif(m): 11:21am On Nov 12, 2020
Umahi really tells everyone that all hearsay about him is true by his recent defection and i believe he only make such decision and few people would follow.
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by derbykol(f): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Kyase:

Atiku won, 6 months into the party (pdp)
Can you compare Atiku with Umahi?
Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by Coolsphinx: 11:22am On Nov 12, 2020
nero2face:
While I think Umahi had made a good choice to leave PDP as de party had been so unfair to the SE region, I also fear this could be a wrong political calculation for his career, PDP may be an opposition parry but APC looks more divided than PDP, and crossing the line may backfire and he'll loose everything... Forces in APC are terribly much and Umahi may stand little on no chance...
Umahi stands no chance in APC, APC as a party is highly disorganized and Buhari is the only person holding that party together, once his tenure elapses, the party will seize to exist. All the bad bloods and different interest groups will manifest before 2023. Buhari will not care what happens to APC after he leaves the presidency.

1 Like

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by olisaEze(m): 11:23am On Nov 12, 2020
Umahi no matter what I think of him, has actually given a valid reason for decamping. If the PDP won’t zone their ticket to the SE, then they should be prepared to witness more governors of SE'ern extraction going d same route.

Meanwhile, #EndSARS has moved to a new level. Nigerian youths, it’s time for us to start shifting through d rubble and looking for a president that will be bold enough to commence a total constitutional overhaul and restructuring d mess we call Nigeria.

Let’s not allow all these old men choose for us abeg! We have the nmbrs & know what we want.

We just need the willingness to stand for right and not tribe!

#EndbadgovernanceinNigeria

2 Likes

Re: More Governors May Dump PDP With Gov Umahi – Fani-kayode by TruthinAction: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2020
What charm did APC use on our leaders from the south? Even in the face of the wickedness of this party against other tribes, they still want to join them? Even with the way they are turning blind eyes to the killing of Christians, they still want to join them? All security Chiefs are from one tribe, and they still want to join them? Are we these foolish? Is our senses off from our head.

Let them continue with their selfish aim. The youths of Nigeria will dump both parties. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Reacts As Buhari Meets Trump Tomorrow / Ajimobi Congratulates PDP's Balogun On His Victory / Soldiers Take Over Tompolo’s Residence, Father Escapes Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.