Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki (24523 Views)

Oshiomhole: Obaseki Sacked The Only Commissioner I Nominated In His Cabinet / Buhari Wades Into Oshiomhole, Obaseki Feud / Osun Election: Our Deal With Omisore, By Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by bolaayenimo: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2020
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state on Thursday said the 14 lawmakers-elect the Edo State House of Assembly who are yet to be inaugurated have realised they were deceived and misdirected by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He however said while he feels sorry about their plight, he lacks the power to assist them in anyway since their seats have been declared vacant.

It will be recalled that The Edo State House of Assembly in December 2019 declared vacant the seats of the 12 members who have avoided the chamber since its inauguration on June 17,2019. The leadership held that two others who did not meet the mandatory sitting requirement were also affected.

Speaking on Channels Television programme, Politics Today, monitored by Daily Independent, Obaseki said there is no political solution to the issue as it is purely a constitutional matter.

According to him, the only options available to the embattled lawmakers-elect is for the court to make a pronouncement on the matter or for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct a bye election which they are free to participate in.

He said “Well, it is quite unfortunate. I think a lot of them have now realised that they were deceived and misdirected. So they are very sorry about the actions they have taken. I feel sad about it. But unfortunately, there is nothing I can do personally today”.

“Those seats have been declared vacant as per the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. Today, I swore an oath to uphold the constitution, I cannot be seen to be violating it. The seats have been constitutionally declared vacant”.

“The only two constitutional things that can happen is either the court decides otherwise or INEC conducts fresh bye-election and they can come back and recontest. There is nothing that I as the governor of Edo state today can do otherwise”.

“This country is governed by the law and the constitution. There is no political solution that will be above our constitution”.

On his relationship with Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, his opponent in the September 19 governorship election, Obaseki said while he is hoping to embrace Ize-Iyamu with open arms and welcome his positive contributions to governance in Edo state, Ize-Iyamu is yet to reach out to him.

“He hasn’t reached out to me. I have said it at several fora that there is no bitterness and that he should work with us. If he reaches out to me, I am sure we will embrace him. As I said, if he has anything positive to contribute to our government, we will welcome such contributions”.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-14-rebel-lawmakers-have-realised-they-were-deceived-by-oshiomhole-obaseki/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by lindareep: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nah!!!
[s]“This country is governed by the law and the constitution.[/s]
Story have changed! NIGERIA IS LAWLESS wink

Meanwhile, beard growth oil is available for Lagos and Abuja clients at a discount price of N3,500 only!
Chat me up now to place order. kiss kiss kiss

15 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by collum(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
I cherish ur passion toward making edo state peaceful,industrious and develop. just be focus and don't try to manage a known enemy. beware of oshopikin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by xtgozie(m): 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
Oboy e !....things Don woski for them.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by longetivity(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
if u are not obaseki nigga, abeg Park go one side

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by caski: 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
cool

6 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Moferere: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
Obaseki is a gentle stubborn man on his own

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by OVB123: 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
INEC should conduct bye election on the seats that have been declared vacant.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by sapientia(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
So pastor have not sued Baba Osho?

12 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by punisha: 11:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
A bye election will still not favour them neither will any competent court favour them at this point.

Oshio did them dirty.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by ChangetheChange: 12:34am On Nov 13, 2020
The only two constitutional things that can happen is either the court decides otherwise or INEC conducts fresh bye-election and they can come back and recontest. There is nothing that I as the governor of Edo state today can do otherwise”.

“This country is governed by the law and the constitution. There is no political solution that will be above our constitution”.

They will all lose woefully, even if bye election is conducted 1 million time, cos Obaseki faction led by Barrister Ojezua still controls Edo APC and Obaseki is already financing PDP candidates to start campaign ahead of any bye Elections.

Those rebel lawmakers are stupid to allow Oshiomole render them inconsequential.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Racoon(m): 12:46am On Nov 13, 2020
They foolishly allowed baba Oshiomole not only to nail his own political coffin but their own as well when it is glaring to them that Oshiopikin was fast descending into his Waterloo.Not all that glitters is gold.Look before you leap

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Mysticwebb: 1:33am On Nov 13, 2020
They will surely be cursing Oshomole inwardly.

34 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by ManOfCompetence(m): 2:19am On Nov 13, 2020
Oshiomole just used this men political career play ludo....SMH

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by bolaayenimo: 5:14am On Nov 13, 2020
As in..even if INEC do bye elections, its Obaseki's candidates that will win

xtgozie:
Oboy e !....things Don woski for them.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2020
Not only them..even Ize Iyamu

ManOfCompetence:
Oshiomole just used this men political career play ludo....SMH

13 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by slawormiir: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Obaseki the real niggarrr with balls

Not surprised though

Typical of edo children
They have balls

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by enshi(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2020
chchch
Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by sojayy(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2020
Oshopikin na ready made scamer !

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Openbusiness: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2020
2 candidates for Governor election made history at the same time. 1 candidate became the first Governor in history to win Governor election with 2 different parties; and the 2nd candidate became the first person to lose Governor election with 2 different parties, and came 2nd on both occasions. Very weird State. Truly, Edo no b Lagos grin

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by flemsy15(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2020
okay
Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Millimann: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2020
They allowed Oshiomole and the sophisticated morons to lead them astray.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2020
Lol, Osho Baba smiley

2 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by Jamiubond009(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2020
k
Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by TecM0: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2020
cool

Let Sanwo Olu try this

Watch the Hypocrite hailing Obaseki on this thread start throwing venom, blaming Tinubu, cursing Godfatherism, insulting Afonja

6 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by SoftP(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2020
Q
Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by naturallyhost: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2020
ok
Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by eldoradoxx: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Moferere:
Obaseki is a gentle stubborn man on his own
He is trying to save his political life from a gang of legislators paid by Oshomole who are ready to impeach him at the slightest opportunity for no just cause.

12 Likes

Re: Edo: 14 Rebel Lawmakers Have Realised They Were Deceived By Oshiomhole – Obaseki by dubeygol: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Okay. We are watching!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Turned Governance To Nollywood —fayose / I Still Want To Rule Nigeria – Donald Duke / Abinye Blessing Pepple Builds Fire Station In his Bonny Constituency (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.