Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! (1039 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC / Who Could Be Responsible For The Recent Vandalisation Of Phcn Properties? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:08am On Mar 17, 2011
[b]I just found out that our amiable indefatiquable moderator Jarus has been promoting and orchestrating the BB campaign!That his influence as a moderator and an opinion moulder in this forum has been disproportionately used to advance the BB campaign is not in doubt.I,think,fellow nairalanders are duty-bound to also be made aware that the view expressed in Jarus' promotion of the BB campaign is not the view of nairaland or the general perception of the overwhelming political wizards in this section to enable us seperate his political view from his role as a moderator cum the official custodian of the gateway to views expressed in this politics section. wink

And,is it morally sound for a moderator to take sides on issues where he is the umpire?
Don't you think it would be fairer and more balanced if his views are promoted with a different username apart from the brand 'Jarus'?
Particularly the swelling promotion of BB(that arguably rose as soon as our moderator threw his hat in the ring by supporting BB) is at variance with what is clearly happening politically on the ground?[/b]Guys,what do you think?

Without sounding immodest,I have aN UNIMPEACHABLE conscience,character and trainning to make reasonably verifiable and sound decisions in life and not to happenstance.Read carefully thru el-rufai's comments,his conclusion does not derive from reasoning that is not influenced by bias.He said'I didnt support them initially because I consider them too old(perhaps now their age has been reduced and if it has not been reduced then his assumption that age counts in service delivery is not sound?).Basis for his change of heart is clearly incoherent and unverifiable,what outstanding administrative post or performance was recorded by Buhari (or do-nothing Jonathan)to have neccesitated his change of heart.Did Buhari(or do-nothing gej) do any particularly outstanding thing to make el-rufai change his heart?Now,if there is none,then the change of heart could be based on any other thing but definitely not on a new insighful performance!
I,on the other hand consider the age a serious factor particularly when the younger elements(Ribadu-Fola Adeola) are credible and capable alternative.Nigerian Presidency is like an olympic Gold medal which only the fittest can claim,no country hopes to win an olympic Gold parading a team captain of 68years!
Now to salient issues of developmental politics,what do the pair bring to the table?If it is credibility,Ridadu and Fola have it!What single thing could you recall is the legacy of Buhari(or do-nothing gej) when he was in office?I know he was the 'WAI' president and then ptf,after that what next?Compare that to a Ribadu that built a sophisticated governmental agency from the scratch and went on thru his doggedness to remove Nigeria from the ignominy of being the world's most corrupt nation,not in 1985 oh! but just 3-5yrs ago!Not in a military govt oh,but democracy.Would you advice I should sacrifice someone with a skill and credibility that is more relevant to the needs of this generation for an old credible hand?Its like using analogue telephones instead of GSM!
To Fola,who built the current strongest bank (GTB Plc)in Nigeria from the scratch,the bank is still standing tall and excelling based on the solid foundation built from the credibility of a Fola Adeola,there is nothing this man has touched that has not turned to gold!From FATE Foundation,National pension Commission,Eterna Oil etc,yet with no single credibility problem or scandal!
Now to the bandwagon effect on nairaland,I tell you it is nothing but a bubble!The actual voters are not these guys,the actual losers are not these guys who dont vote,it is Nigeria that would lose if Ribadu doesnt win.
Ribadu-Fola Adeola will win votes in the Northern states,SE,SS but Buhari would lose in the SW,come distant 3rd behind Ribadu and gej in SE,SS and clearly when the stalemate is acheived,the run-off will compel Buhari to support Ribadu!While the north resents gej,the SS/SE resents BB!While pdp wants to win in the west,the PDP is clearly resented by the SW!Nowhere,not a single state or political zone is Ribadu-Fola Adeola resented!(maybe its being planned to be the case on nairaland ,thank God is not a geopolitical zone.Now tell me,who has the best chance to be the president?
We would not only vote Ribadu online,we will be onground to cast our vote to Ribadu-Fola,defend the votes and eventually acheive a Ribadu presidency.All seems to be working on fine,while the north loves Buhari,his personae and party cpc does not have any foot in the SE/SS whereas ACN is fully on ground and in strong contention in most SS and SE states,add that to the potential landslide victory in the SW and northern votes for ribadu,it is clear that Ribadu has better chances than BB,let us support these guys for the good of the country.
As for Tinubu pdp-sponsored accusers,you will fail!If Tinubu is corrupt take him to court like you did to Igbinedion,Alams,Ladoja,Orji Uzor kalu,Nnamani etc.

VOTE RIBADU-FOLA ADEOLA FOR PRESIDENCY 2011.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:34am On Mar 17, 2011
I think the 'Jarus' brand was supported by by us all,there is a bit of "JARUS' in us all.
We open and read Jarus views not only because of the personality behind it but because of the authority confered on him and (though,we fail to admit it)the fear that you could be banned and unbanned by the 'JARUS' power if you go 'astray' is the beginning of wisdom.
With his awesome power and authority,it is not impossible that views are moderated not to offend 'Jarus'?

JARUS,Pls what do you think?

Wouldn't you have felt the way most of us not in your political camp is feeling right now?
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:43am On Mar 17, 2011
Did you deliberately set out to use your good office to benefit and promote your political views?

Would you ve thought differently if you know you are an influential opinion moulder on nairaland?

Would you personally lose anything if you resort to using a different username to promote your partisanship in the presidential elections at least till after the elections?

Did you conveniently choose to ignore the sudden suspicious rise in BB campaign since you threw your hat in the ring?

Where you paid or specially recruited to use your good office to promote a particular candidate?

Jarus,pls we need answers.We need assurance that opinoin mostly advanced in this section represent the views of most Nigerians and not 'facilitated' through the backdoor.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by naijaking1: 2:49am On Mar 17, 2011
^^^^^
Thank you cheesy
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by overhyped: 2:55am On Mar 17, 2011
@ Tinubu4life, dont you think that GEJ would get 25% of the votes in the SW? I dont want GEJ to get close to 10% of the votes in the SW because this is the only scenerio that can produce runoff
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 3:04am On Mar 17, 2011
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Is he guilty of using his office to advance a parochial political position which no doubt,has brought the 'rising fame' of BB on nairaland politics section into suspect?

Oga Jarus,we need answers or you 'step down' from using our 'brand' Jarus to promote ur parochial political interest at least till after the election.

If this 2011 presidential election must be free and fair,it must be seen to be credible and fair.The campaign must also take root in nairaland politics section,
Its almost like 'rigging' the election when the umpire is an interested party.

Seun's view is also solicited.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 3:21am On Mar 17, 2011
@ overhyped,there is a way he can get 25%,by rigging ofcourse!!

But,with the facts on ground gej is not 'smiling at all' in the SW.Their best chance was further depleted by the splitting of PDP in Ogun state.People dont see the difference between OGD's PPN or OBJ's PDP,it is resentment all the way.Amosun will win convincingly in Ogun state.

Oyo state,it is another waterloo for gej/pdp,Alao-Akala is a complete disaster.Even in Ogbomosho,his hometown,he just recently reconciled with the Soun just to create a cosmetic political point !! whereas in actual fact,he would lose all the way,even in LAUTECH campus,the institution he has kept in perpetual political -academic turmoil.

The strategy being deployed by the ACN is to prevent rigging.They are aware that with gej's political failure in the north,his gaze is on th SW,rigorous and grassroot mobilization is being undertaking by the ACN,PDP will get its fingers burnt it it dare to rig in the west.The arrogance of the pdp breed and their notoriety made their resentment palpable all over the SW,it is now they need people so they just started going out to meet people but it appeared too late.most voters in the SW have their mind made up.so gej cant get 25%.

Even ACN is in very strong contention in notable political hotbeds like Akwa-Ibom,Rivers,Edo even in gej's SS,so he would rather deploy his energy towards not losing much voters in his SS.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 3:23am On Mar 17, 2011
Oga Jarus

Did you deliberately set out to use your good office to benefit and promote your political views?

Would you ve thought differently if you know you are an influential opinion moulder on nairaland?

Would you personally lose anything if you resort to using a different username to promote your partisanship in the presidential elections at least till after the elections?

Did you conveniently choose to ignore the sudden suspicious rise in BB campaign since you threw your hat in the ring?

Where you paid or specially recruited to use your good office to promote a particular candidate?

Jarus,pls we need answers.We need assurance that opinoin mostly advanced in this section represent the views of most Nigerians and not 'facilitated' through the backdoor.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by naijaking1: 3:51am On Mar 17, 2011
It may or may not be a surprise that our 2 moderators and possibly their oga write, post, and advocate for Buhari as if there are no other candidates in this race.
With those 2 reserving their rights to free expression, it then begs the question as to whether this is a balanced forum or not undecided
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by Abagworo(m): 6:50am On Mar 17, 2011
Jarus is not the reason for Buhari's popularity.Even here in South-South,most GEJ supporters have no reason for supporting him other than for a share of the national cake.

Just ask any passers-bye this question

Who is the better candidate?The most common response you get is

"Buhari looks better but Hausa people don too rule us.Abeg make Niger-Deltan rule small"

That is simply not a good reason to vote anyone.Every reasonable Nigerian knows what is best for his country and should vote based on that.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by Jarus(m): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2011
Knowing NL quite well, having been here for a while, I have become familiar with all shades of reasonings here - the intelligent and the otherwise. Clearly, for the latter, the only workable option is to ignore, as the Yoruba proverb says 'you don't argue with a fool'. But, somehow, I have decided to be responding to every accusation levelled against, even if it doesn't worth it.

When I was given this section to co-run in August last year, far before the presidential political frenzy entered top gear, I stated the below in my thread: TOWARDS A BETTER SECTION:

1, PERSONAL VIEWS: Like any other person, I have my personal views on varying issues. Being a Mod will not make me drop these views, but I promise not to use my position to suppress dissenting views or impartially promote my personal views. Having engaged in various discussions on this section in the last 3 years, most of my takes on issues are well known, notably approval of current CBN reforms with only a few reservations; advocate of one Nigeria and disbeliever in split as solution; belief that North  and South are both guilty of teh current mess the country is in; and many other personal opinions which are well known here. But will I use my Mod status to promote these views? No. I will continue to engage in discussions, marshaling my views on neutral ground. So my good friend, Naijaking, you are safe lol. It is also good to clarify here that I am a Muslim, and in fact the Mod of Muslims section for over a year, but I guarantee fairness to everybody irrespective of religious or ideological persuasion.
Jarus, August 03, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-490739.0.html

What, for crying out loud, is wrong in a moderator expressing political views? Am I INEC? Am I teh one to conduct election?
I am a stakeholder in the Nigerian project and I have every right to identify with any political group/ideology/personality. I become partial when I use Mod privilege to the detriment of another candidate or unjustly use it to the favour of my candidate, which nobody has been able to prove here.
Can you point to any Buhari thread I give special status like stickying?

Your other allegations are as lugubrious as they come. Any nairalander that has to look at what another person says or the opinions of another person to form his/her own opinion is far from mature and doesn't fit to talk where politics are being discussed, NL or elsewhere. I'm flattered that you made me know that some people exist here that look forward to me to form opinion. Such people need lessons in independent reasoning. Well, you made me feel happy that I mould people's opinions here, in as much as it's not by force, but by respect, I'm happy with that status.

How a mature person can be afraid of expressing contrary views to that of Mod in an online forum is beyond my imagination, honestly.
It may interest you also that I don't have power to ban or even promote a topic to front page. All these are done by Admin and Supermod at their informed discretion. Anyway, the Supermod that does most of these is not a Nigerian, not to talk of having political bias. And the Seun I know will not use his forum against anybody.

It may also interest you that Buharimania is the other of the day in order political fora across teh country. From newspaper sites to SaharaReporters, Nigeria Village Square and other forums, the discussion is all on Buhari. Am I the one influencing those places too?

Let's try to up our reasoning, guys.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:39am On Mar 18, 2011
I am glad you responded though you went on and on and on belligerently but failed to bring your arrogance in check!Arrogance that stemed from your penchant to bully your point that belittles your authority as a moderator.
Nowhere did I raise doubt on your freedom to exercise your right as a person,my disagreement is your failure to seperate your view as a person and your view/role as a moderator!I have raised very scientific points which if only you patiently ponder,you will see that your endorsement of a particular candidate will not go unnoticed and would most likely dictate how you moderate not only your view(which facts suggests is partisan) but ours as well!
As I scientist,I understand that a 'blank' is used to caliberate all scientific instrument in order to obtain accurate results.What is the morale in you who holds the key to this section,empowered to MODERATE VIEWS be seen to be fair when you are nakedly partisan.Your views when expressed as a differnt username would have helped you a lot in a fair assessment this kind of political issue.
It would have helped you not to portray nairaland as promoting a particular candidate and others would come to appreciate your views more.It's just like Seun doing what you are doing now,it would be interpreted as being partisan.
Now,on your delusion about buharimania,I am an active visitor to the sites you mentioned and I know notime,i mean,no time,did Sahara promote buhari more than Nuhu Ribadu,infact,there are more archived records of Ribadu more than buhari!
Now to facts on the ground,I am on the ground monitoring peoples view/perception of BB,the team is not,I repeat not popular in the south despite cyber-effort to give wrong impression to those in the diaspora.No single cpc poster for any other elective posts have i seen in Lagos!Is it that bad that even the NCP,even have candidates,even the newly formed SDMP,pat utomi's party still have Yeni Ransome-kuti posters all over lagos island not cpc and you give wrong impression that Buhari's fame is rising!If its that popular,how come no single gubernatorial candidate of the cpc in the south is popular or known whereas Ribadu's ACN has popular candidates all over Nigeria!You must not discount the role played by other contestants in the mobilisation of voters,that Buhari has failed to create such structure in the south will significantly reduce his outing in this coming election.
Politics is a game of number and as things stand,I am telling you as a matter of fact,the Buhari candidature is already a failure in the south!Ribadu is a better political prospect than Buhari and you will soon find out.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by seanet02: 3:23am On Mar 18, 2011
naijaking1:

It may or may not be a surprise that our 2 moderators and possibly their oga write, post, and advocate for Buhari as if there are no other candidates in this race.
With those 2 reserving their rights to free expression, it then begs the question as to whether this is a balanced forum or not undecided
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:58am On Mar 21, 2011
I just found out that AISHA2(the second moderator in charge of politics section) is a Buhari supporter! shocked shocked shocked

This is so so so unfair sad sad sad sad

Shey na like this e go dey be?

Guys,we need to get both Jarus and aisha to either step down or promote their BB campaign thru another usernames!
This deceit must stop!

There is an obvious conflict of interest.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by Jarus(m): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

I am glad you responded though you went on and on and on belligerently but failed to bring your arrogance in check!Arrogance that stemed from your penchant to bully your point that belittles your authority as a moderator.
Nowhere did I raise doubt on your freedom to exercise your right as a person,my disagreement is your failure to seperate your view as a person and your view/role as a moderator!I have raised very scientific points which if only you patiently ponder,you will see that your endorsement of a particular candidate will not go unnoticed and would most likely dictate how you moderate not only your view(which facts suggests is partisan) but ours as well!
As I scientist,I understand that a 'blank' is used to caliberate all scientific instrument in order to obtain accurate results.What is the morale in you who holds the key to this section,empowered to MODERATE VIEWS be seen to be fair when you are nakedly partisan.Your views when expressed as a differnt username would have helped you a lot in a fair assessment this kind of political issue.
It would have helped you not to portray nairaland as promoting a particular candidate and others would come to appreciate your views more.It's just like Seun doing what you are doing now,it would be interpreted as being partisan.
Now,on your delusion about buharimania,I am an active visitor to the sites you mentioned and I know notime,i mean,no time,did Sahara promote buhari more than Nuhu Ribadu,infact,there are more archived records of Ribadu more than buhari!
Now to facts on the ground,I am on the ground monitoring peoples view/perception of BB,the team is not,I repeat not popular in the south despite cyber-effort to give wrong impression to those in the diaspora.No single cpc poster for any other elective posts have i seen in Lagos!Is it that bad that even the NCP,even have candidates,even the newly formed SDMP,pat utomi's party still have Yeni Ransome-kuti posters all over lagos island not cpc and you give wrong impression that Buhari's fame is rising!If its that popular,how come no single gubernatorial candidate of the cpc in the south is popular or known whereas Ribadu's ACN has popular candidates all over Nigeria!You must not discount the role played by other contestants in the mobilisation of voters,that Buhari has failed to create such structure in the south will significantly reduce his outing in this coming election.
Politics is a game of number and as things stand,I am telling you as a matter of fact,the Buhari candidature is already a failure in the south!Ribadu is a better political prospect than Buhari and you will soon find out.
The same way Jonathan stepped down from being president of Nigeria because he is meant to be fair to every Nigerian, whether PDP or not, or why Fashola did not identify with ACN because he is the leader of everybody in Lagos, ACN or not.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by overhyped: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ Tinubu4life, have you seen the latest poll from thisday? I wonder if that poll is correct, cos I dont see Jona getting up to 25% in Lagos talkless of 80%. But the Presidential election comes b4 the governorship election and I I think that may give him for advantage.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:06am On Mar 22, 2011
check out the characters behind Thisday and there antecedents,then you will get the picture.
NDUKA OBAIGBENA-the fun-loving pro-pdp politician,a nigerdeltan from delta state, has never failed in opposing the ACN government through unsubstantiated propaganda to the extent that Fashola rejected THISDAY'S award for the best performing governor about 2yrs ago as a poisoned chalice!The pdp is not relenting in its determination to win Lagos and this is part of the charade!Earlier,it was a ploy to use the Labour party in Lagos to infiltrate ACN,they even encouraged Labour party to endorse Fashola so that people will be more receptive to them.Then,there is the Tinubu angle,THISDAY and TRIBUNE,both pro-pdp newspaper have been used to sustain the ungodly plan of pdp to demonise Tinubu,they also failed!
Thisday pre-election postulations is used to 'pre-rig' the lections,to give a false impression to people that pdp is popular in opposition states so that they can now go ahead and rig in the election proper.Then when eyebrow is raised,the pdp politicians will quote THISDAY!(Gbam)
If an Atiku,with all its political baggage went on to defeat a Yardua govt in Lagos in 2007,what do you think will be the case now the table is turned,now its a gej with all his political baggage against a credible MALLAM RIBADU?
In Lagos,we will vote en masse for ACN,in ALL THE ELECTIVE POSTS,GUIDE OUR VOTES AND MAKE SURE NO IWURUWURU.no doubt gej could get votes oh,but not anything near the rubbish being bandied by their paid agent THISDAY NEWSPAPER!

This was the paper that recommended the serial liar and turncoat Segun Adeniyi to Yardua as spokesman and you know the legacy of that romance.Thisday is pdp,pdp is ThisDay.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:47am On Mar 22, 2011
WE WILL VOTE RIBADU FOR PRESIDENT.Iwill never waste my vote on an expired leadership of the two sides of a coin called gej/Buhari.
I will not compromise an effecient,competent and brilliant team to drive Nigeria's growth and development for the same team/generation of people that have run down Nigeria!
Just imagine,compare a Fola Adeola to Sambo or Bakare?It is only people who want old ideas to solve new ideas that is well known to have failed that will vote gej/bb.

If Nigeria will change,it lies in the hands of God and the God-gearing competent team of Ribadu n Fola Adeola.
Vote them for the presidency.God bless you as you do so.God bless my country Nigeria.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by Tcrack(m): 3:34am On Mar 22, 2011
before i reply you, i would like to know if you have a job. as in, apart from spaming NL. do you have a paying job?
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:43am On Mar 22, 2011
Tinubu has no idea who this guy is. I wonder why he's so passionate about this supposed BB bias. . .

Maybe he's one of Tinubu's relatives that Tinubu's imposing on the ACN.
Re: Bb Fever Is A Bubble!our Moderator May Be Responsible! by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Mar 22, 2011
aisha2:

I will be there, only death can keep me away. Now we are acting, good, really good enough website politics, this is the real deal

aisha2:

Update! Nigerians march for Change Abuja Venue now published! SPEAKERS: Prof. Wole Soyinka, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu, Dr. Tunde Bakare, Hon. Farouk Aliyu Adamu , Mr. Solomon Asemota (SAN), Dr. Tunji Braithwate, Hajiya Najatu Mohammed, Prof. Pat Utomi, Pastor Sarah Omakwu, Mr. Femi Falana, Hon. Olawale , Oshun, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, Mrs. Ayo Obe, Mallam Naseer Kura, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, Hon. Uche Onyeogocha etc. Abuja-NigeriaSave Nigeria Group (SNG)

C/o Suite 4, 7 & 8, Metro Plaza, Annex 8, Plot 991-992, Zakariya Maimalari, Central Business District, Abuja

Tel: 09-8706714, 07042479429

E-mail:savenaija@gmail.comDate 12th January 2010. Venue: Arrival from 9amFrom Unity Fountain, Near Transcorp Hotel, Central Business District, Abuja; terminating at the National Assembly Complex. And in London – United Kingdom on Friday 15th January 2010. 12 pm – 15:15 arrival and protest at Parliament Square SW 1P315:15 – 17:30 protest moves to Nigerian High Commission WC2N 5BX If po, See More

Quote of Aisha while she was supporting GEJ.

Was she on GEJ's payroll then?

(1) (Reply)

Delta North Senatorial Election Full Of Irregularities / Ex-gov Igbinedion Booed by Football Fans At Ogbe Stadium / We’ll Bomb Eagle Square Again On Oct 1 –mend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.