Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone (30974 Views)

Ahmad Musa: We Made Costly Mistakes Against Sierra Leone, We Sincerely Apologize / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa / 'i'm Disappointed! "- Baxter Laments At South Africa Draw Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by zedman1(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2020
PremzY002:
I'm trying hard to understand what's happening here.

I still don't know why I hate football.

I only watch football so that I can have something to say when the LOUD guys are arguing about Messi and C.Ronaldo
I'm kind of a direct opposite of you. I love and played football from my primary school up to my university days and even during my service year. I was always in the school teams. Surprisingly, shortly after US 94, I stopped watching European or any foreign football because of arguments from 'LOUD' guys. Some people think I'm weird because I only watch World cup matches (if Nigeria qualifies) and Nigerian matches. I don't care about Messi or Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Captain8(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2020
oya sorri en
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Captain8(m): 6:59am On Nov 14, 2020
Pacesetter123:
As Balogun come comot for the match,I no say e don finish.Dat number 13 shirt wer dem bring come mount our defence,na carpenter im be,no be player.You coach def,why u come remove Chukwu Eze instead of Iwobi?U sure say u sabi read match at all?
the coach is better as an hotel manager.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Keginfo(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2020
[img][/img]
emdidy:

It was a comedy of errors culminating into an utterly disappointing evening as the Super Eagles of Nigeria squandered a 4-1 first half lead against The Leone Stars of Sierra Leone to end the game 4 apiece in their 2021 African Nations Cup qualifying match.

The game, which was played at the Samuel Ogbebudia Stadium in Benin City, Edo State, ended up to be one that many Nigerians would want to forget in a hurry. Despite the huge expectations of a smooth victory to give the Super Eagles a better chance of qualifying for the biggest football competition in the continent, the Nigeria national side showed that perhaps, they were not mentally ready for the task at hand.

The goals started pouring in as early as the 4th minute of the match when Alex Iwobi made it 1-0 to the Super Eagles. Victor Osimhen added the second goal in the 21st minute and Iwobi scored a brace to make it 3-0. Samuel Chukwueze joined the party as he included a 4th for the Eagles in the 29th minute. It was almost turning into a pool party for the Nigerian side before Kwame Quee scored what many thought was going to be a consolation goal to make the score line 4-1 at half time.

No one would have predicted a comeback for the Sierra Leoneans in such circumstance. Nigeria's coach, Gernot Rohr, showed tactical deficiency and incompetence as his team was smoldered in an unprecedented manner by a relatively inexperienced Sierra Leone side. Nevertheless, it was a brilliant performance by the Leone Stars in the second half as they fought their way into salvaging a valuable point against the lacklustre, disgraceful Super Eagles of Nigeria. Two goals from Alhaji Kamara and another from Kwame Quee secured the fantastic draw for Sierra Leone.

The draw leaves Nigeria still top of Group L with 7 points, while Sierra Leone is third with 2 points.

The return leg of the tie will take place in Sierra Leone next week, Tuesday 17th November.

https://9newsng.com/super-eagles-squander-4-1-lead-to-salvage-a-disappointing-draw-against-sierra-leone/
The boys played according to instructions and the goals as well came to be on instructions. Just DECODE PLS.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by texas1990(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2020
and these are same set of players that will be insulting the govt that the govt is a failure,, tell me are they not also a failure in there own part now? yeye set off fools calling themselves super eagle,
instead of super chickens.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Lionelbhass(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2020
I said it yesterday, me I know them. I knew they will draw eventually wink
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by EMMY76: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2020
Musa is finished he should just retire to avoid embarrassments I don't even know why rohr started him in that match.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by whirlwind7(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2020
PremzY002:
I'm trying hard to understand what's happening here.

I still don't know why I hate football.

I only watch football so that I can have something to say when the LOUD guys are arguing about Messi and C.Ronaldo

Just shows you do not have a mind of your own.
There is no crime in not being interested in football
Yet you subject yourself to it because you're afraid of your peers.

Pathetic!
Be yourself. You owe no one
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by cardoctor(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2020
Utterly disgusting
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by hotseat: 7:57am On Nov 14, 2020
The game of football is always full of surprises. Take nothing for granted.

Something quite similar to this match, even on a higher stage, happened in 1989 U-20 World Youth Championship in the defunct Soviet Union where Nigeria, the underdog, came from a 4 goals down to not only equalize but went ahead to win 5-3 on penalties! It was aptly tagged "THE MIRACLE OF DAMMAM".

To the Sierra Leonians, this is the "MIRACLE OF BENIN CITY". Kudos to them!

All hope is not lost. The Super Eagles can still triumph in the return leg next week. Let's keep hope alive!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2020
emdidy:

It was a comedy of errors culminating into an utterly disappointing evening as the Super Eagles of Nigeria squandered a 4-1 first half lead against The Leone Stars of Sierra Leone to end the game 4 apiece in their 2021 African Nations Cup qualifying match.

The game, which was played at the Samuel Ogbebudia Stadium in Benin City, Edo State, ended up to be one that many Nigerians would want to forget in a hurry. Despite the huge expectations of a smooth victory to give the Super Eagles a better chance of qualifying for the biggest football competition in the continent, the Nigeria national side showed that perhaps, they were not mentally ready for the task at hand.

The goals started pouring in as early as the 4th minute of the match when Alex Iwobi made it 1-0 to the Super Eagles. Victor Osimhen added the second goal in the 21st minute and Iwobi scored a brace to make it 3-0. Samuel Chukwueze joined the party as he included a 4th for the Eagles in the 29th minute. It was almost turning into a pool party for the Nigerian side before Kwame Quee scored what many thought was going to be a consolation goal to make the score line 4-1 at half time.

No one would have predicted a comeback for the Sierra Leoneans in such circumstance. Nigeria's coach, Gernot Rohr, showed tactical deficiency and incompetence as his team was smoldered in an unprecedented manner by a relatively inexperienced Sierra Leone side. Nevertheless, it was a brilliant performance by the Leone Stars in the second half as they fought their way into salvaging a valuable point against the lacklustre, disgraceful Super Eagles of Nigeria. Two goals from Alhaji Kamara and another from Kwame Quee secured the fantastic draw for Sierra Leone.

The draw leaves Nigeria still top of Group L with 7 points, while Sierra Leone is third with 2 points.

The return leg of the tie will take place in Sierra Leone next week, Tuesday 17th November.

https://9newsng.com/super-eagles-squander-4-1-lead-to-salvage-a-disappointing-draw-against-sierra-leone/

It was Sierria Leone that salvaged a point, not the Super Eagles.

If you are the owner of that blog, modify the title of the post.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by umar187: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2020
emdidy:

The game, which was played at the Samuel Ogbebudia Stadium in Benin City, Edo State, e I[color=#006600][/color]nded up to be one that many Nigerians would want to forget in a hurry. Despite the huge expectations of a smooth victory to give the Super Eagles a better chance of qualifying for the biggest football competition in the continent, the Nigeria national side showed that perhaps, they were not mentally ready for the task at hand.

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Damian10(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2020
this is to all those who give a heck why we prefer watching europeans play football, how do i explain this to my grandchildren when it's time, 4-0 up at home against a ludo playing country.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Sleekfingers: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2020
They should be taken to ogun shrine and behead all of them......bunch of useless players......
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by AstuteAyo(m): 9:47am On Nov 14, 2020
Super eagles version of Arsenal Vs Newcastle /4-4/
#reloaded
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Rossnitti: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2020
Damian10:
this is to all those who give a heck why we prefer watching europeans play football, how do i explain this to my grandchildren when it's time, 4-0 up at home against a ludo playing country.
You reason like a fool. Stop looking down on countries like Sierra Leone. African football is not static, and is developing fast. You can lose or draw with any country in football today. Just two days ago France lost 2-0 to Finland. The mighty Brazil lost 7-1 to Germany in front of their home fans. Grow up, you and other youths typing ignorant rubbish here.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Sleekfingers: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2020
One4me:
4 - 1 at 71st minute, 4 - 4 at 82nd Minute, that is 3 Goals in ten minutes.
That is what you get when Corruption goes to import some useless foreign Coach to our National team.
That Coach is a waste of money but his Employer is taking 10% cut, so he will remain

Gehr Rohr has sold the Match.

na rohr dey play for pitch abi? Make dem behead those useless players
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Rossnitti: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2020
Sleekfingers:

na rohr dey play for pitch abi? Make dem behead those useless players
Brainless dunce. Is it because Rohr is a white man that you can't criticise him?

Why was his defence so poor especially after Balogun's exit?

Was there no Plan B?

Why has he consistently produced poor results with good quality players at his disposal?

At what point does it become the coach's fault, or is he a god that cannot be questioned in your slave head?
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Sleekfingers: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2020
Rossnitti:
Brainless dunce. Is it because Rohr is a white man that you can't criticise him?

Why was his defence so poor especially after Balogun's exit?

Was there no Plan B?

Why has he consistently produced poor results with good quality players at his disposal?

At what point does it become the coach's fault, or is he a god that cannot be questioned in your slave head?

did i insult u in my comment? No wonder desmond called y'all children.......people like you just come online and be throwing weak punches....cant engage in decent conversation......na to dey insult their father online.....useless fellow

For u insult me.....na ogun go use your blood bathe before this year finish....
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by mywells: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2020
Super eagles flexing sheeps laughing money.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Rossnitti: 11:13am On Nov 14, 2020
Sleekfingers:

did i insult u in my comment? No wonder desmond called y'all children.......people like you just come online and be throwing weak punches....cant engage in decent conversation......na to dey insult their father online.....useless fellow

For u insult me.....na ogun go use your blood bathe before this year finish....

Village dunce and mosquito brain, calling for beheading the players. But the oyibo you're paying millions each month whose job it is to build a winning team carries no blame in your slave head. Low IQ dunce.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Sleekfingers: 11:18am On Nov 14, 2020
Rossnitti:

Village dunce and mosquito brain, calling for beheading the players. But the oyibo you're paying millions each month whose job it is to build a winning team carries no blame in your slave head. Low IQ dunce.

na your useless head i say make dem saw off? Na sango go kill you......olofo somebody
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Emeka71(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Isoright.... Super eagles fall my hand From 4:0 to 4:4
I'm suspecting you o; you're just all over the homepage.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Josywhyte: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
Nigeria is good at nothing except corruption. When it comes to corruption,we will surely win world cup on that....
Useless players
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by PremzY002(m): 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
whirlwind7:

Just shows you do not have a mind of your own.
There is no crime in not being interested in football
Yet you subject yourself to it because you're afraid of your peers.

Pathetic!
Be yourself. You owe no one

Every MAD MAN is entitled to his/her opinion.

A mad man once said to a professor....

"I am not mad. The problem is that you @the professor is not intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying "

You see....

You are entitled to your opinion.

Maybe, I'm not intelligent enough to understand what you are saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh Wins Legal Fight Against Fortuna Sittard In KNVB Tribunal / Albacete: Messi Reveals His Favourite Goal In His Entire Career / The 2019 African Cup of Nations draw concludes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.