Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,327 members, 7,864,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday (41263 Views)

Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine / Zamfara Gold: I Never Said FG Should Hands Off Rivers Oil - Wike / Amotekun: Wike, Dickson Quarrel Disturbing Unity Of South South Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by blackgold90(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

Gbam Gbam Gbam!!!!

Where is the law that's preventing them from going to Zamfara to do the same thing? Every Nigeria can do the same thing if so desire?

What's even stopping them from investing in oil ventures right there in their own backyard?

They are playing to the gallery and their own poor and ignorant citizens.

My brother even before dangote start refinery in Lagos they are sleeping, even as he open their eyes they are sleeping that want to go after plus and minus in zamfara while oils and gas is in Niger delta
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Salamalo: 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2020
misano:
Restructure & make the states more competitive. Restructuring will make power feel closer to D people. Hope that be their resolve. Soro Soke South-south.
They are not following the right channel write to nation assembly and make your demand for restructuring. Without that this are just noise making
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Jonathan39: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2020
Control your gold let them control Thier oil, is that not simple? Parasites
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Stop trolling.

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
Coronabirus:
I wish every state own it's resources 100%.
Supported.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by NGpatriot: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
Lawsimon:

What do you mean

Who are the Zamfara state Government buying the gold from?

Who are those mining gold in Zamfara?

Why is it forbidden for the locals in the Niger Delta to drill the oil in their backyard but approving for the locals in Zamfara to mine gold's in their backyard?

You're deliberately talking balderdash and ignoring the issue.

That's why your points are not coherent, but full of attacks.

Zamfara State government through a registered company, with a buying centre license is now buying gold from the artisanal miners at market price. This has no doubt discouraged the artisanal miners in the state from selling to bandits. Though states through their licensed corporate bodies can buy and sell gold to any interested persons or company

https://prnigeria.com/2020/11/12/zamfara-fg-reacts-sale-gold-cbn/

Zamfara is not mining any gold, they are buying gold from FG approved miners.

The SS governors or any Nigerian can also buy gold from FG approved miners.

Gold like oil belong to the FG so by law, Zamfara can not mine gold, but they can buy from approved miners which is what they are doing.

These ignorant governors need to educate their people instead of spreasing fake news and playing to the gallery.
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Blackdisciple(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2020
What are the south south people going there to doAre they able to manage the oil
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by faste: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
Redcrafton:

When Niger delta engage in refining their God given minerals they are arrested. Why not do the same to those illegal gold miners in Zamfara.

Anyone who likes injustice will be visited by Karma at some point.
i tell you broaday robbery
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Lawsimon(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2020
hammerDK:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THEY LISTEN TO RADIO BIAFRA

THE WAY AM SEEING IT, EVERYBODY LISTEN TO RADIO BIAFRA.

NNAMDI KANU RECENTLY, USED IT TO INSULT THEM, THAT: 'IN THE NORTH, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO MINE GOLD BUT WEN SS PEOPLE REFINE OIL OR OIL BUNKERING, IT IS ILLEGAL AND FULANI ARMY KILL THEM.

ONLY FULANI AND THEIR ARMY ARE ALLOWED TO DO OIL BUNKERING OR REFINE OIL IN SS.' grin

SS GOV NOW DECIDE TO MEET AND DISCUSS.

An ardent listener of Radio Biafra.

We would be needing daily analysis of the going on in the radio station, for the benefit of those who are unable to hook up

Thank you.
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Kennitrust(m): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
BigSarah:
Dead on Arrival
God punish you
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by NGpatriot: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
blackgold90:

My brother even before dangote start refinery in Lagos they are sleeping, even as he open their eyes they are sleeping that want to go after plus and minus in zamfara while oils and gas is in Niger delta

It's disheartening to see southerners and their lazy leaders blaming the North for their own laziness and lack of foresight.

You have oil right there in your backyard, but you don't have 1 single oil investment or business, you just sit and wait for FG allocation and derivation, but they won't hesitate to cry, moan and shout when other step in to invest in oil or any other business that they are too lazy to get involved in.

This is what's killing the south, they prefer to sit and point fingers.
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by nsiba: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2020
blackgold90:

I am from delta state and this is my position

The 6 Niger delta states should rather pool resources and invest in building a mega refinery to help the region and profit from it selling it products to Nigerians and for export just as dangote about to doing.

If a single billionaire can pool resources they too should do the same instead of crying over zamfara Gold.

First gold is not as profitable as profitable as oil,you can prospects for gold for jokey years and nothing will come out of it,that is why you don't have big companies like shell,Mobil,chevron in gold sector in Nigeria.

The minister of mineral resources has process of granting solid mineral license on gold and others solid mineral resource to interested companies and individuals,they pay about 5% back to govt.

If they are so jealous of zamfara gold they should form Niger delta gold company and collect licence from FG and go after gold in zamfara but I suggest they do oil refinery because oil resources is available to them.

What they are about to embark on is useless,rather I encouraged they to venture into gas and oil refinery where there is huge market than constituting nuisance and making jest of Niger delta.

Small them militant will take it over and they will be blame for it.

And you don't think Islamic Fundamentalist can in the nearest future do same in Zamafara, but it is easy to single out the possibility of militant doing havoc?
Nobody is going for any Zamfara nonsense gold license but same ARTISAN development authority for oil must be set up, the Governors are in order.
You don't know,privilege or by any chance have the informations the Governors have at their disposal for the now or future......Time we double shine our eyes down here

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2020
Restructuring benefits everyone in nigeria, APC or PDP Restructuring must happen in all states to increase productivity, failure to do this is a time bomb on Nigeria's nationhood.

Let the North focus on agriculture.

South South and south east focus on manufacturing and production.

South West focusing on services and finance.

The north should feed nigeria, SS and SE should build the engines for growth and SW should finance the growth..and each region should have vested interest in the other. One a normal day a country like Benin republic should have been annexed by Nigeria, but we're busy playing border politics with them...We have the potential to actually raise and become major global player, but our politicians have failed to see the bigger picture beyond oil and natural resources.

It's really sad

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by 4four(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2020
Etrusen:

why are you talking like this now abi you are just too

make I rest make case first
I known brain is far away from u just like Ur president
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by GEEBITE: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2020
The good thing is they are all in the same political party unlike before where political expediency will not allow alignment of a single position on this crucial matter.
Etrusen:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/11/14/south-south-governors-meet-monday-over-zamfara-gold/amp/
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by nsiba: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
Salamalo:

They are not following the right channel write to nation assembly and make your demand for restructuring. Without that this are just noise making

One step at a time, next will at states level before all the reps will be summoned down for proper briefing by the people and demand placed to the federal government
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by OneCorner: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
Why will south south do meeting without inviting us in the south East?
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by GEEBITE: 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
Please pay no attention to that paid agent,it is their stock in trade to make it impossible for the south to have a common position.What is sauce for the goose should be for the gander too.
nsiba:

And you don't think Islamic Fundamentalist can in the nearest future do same in Zamafara, but it is easy to single out the possibility of militant doing havoc?
Nobody is going for any Zamfara nonsense gold license but same ARTISAN development authority for oil must be set up, the Governors are in order.
You don't know,privilege or by any chance have the informations the Governors have at their disposal for the now or future......Time we double shine our eyes down here
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by blackgold90(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
nsiba:

They have no special information on the useless gold jealous they fighting for .All they need to do as zamfara is doingvis just to approach ministry of solid mineral and get license to mine gold.

Since 1956 that oil is discovered in Nigeria delta there is no single state own filling station or gas station or small refinery built by these state yet they want to start fighting and causing trouble.

They should leave zamfara alone and build refinery and get crude from nnpc and be making money.
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by nsiba: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

It's disheartening to see southerners and their lazy leaders blaming the North for their own laziness and lack of foresight.

You have oil right there in your backyard, but you don't have 1 single oil investment or business, you just sit and wait for FG allocation and derivation, but they won't hesitate to cry, moan and shout when other step in to invest in oil or any other business that they are too lazy to get involved in.

This is what's killing the south, they prefer to sit and point fingers.

Nobody is blaming anyone, things are changing and it is time you see the new reality on ground and forget the stereotyping of the past.....the Governors have the backing of the people

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Ayosman1: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2020
favor914:
Joker, was it their fore fathers that planted the natural resources in the region, all resources belongs to We the People Of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Obviously you lack proper reasoning. We own crude oil and we will prove that very soon. Useless country that's full of injustice.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by nzeobi(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2020
helinues:
Lazy governor's.

Why not tapped from your own other natural resources?
So crude oil is artificial resources

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by GEEBITE: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2020
Clever by half submission,let Niiger Delta companies too drill oil and pay tax to Federal Govt as obtainable in the first republic for all minerals being mined. Why must you guys reason like this.
NGpatriot:

Zamfara is not mining any gold, they are buying gold from FG approved miners.

The SS governors or any Nigerian can also buy gold from FG approved miners.

Gold like oil belong to the FG so by law, Zamfara can not mine gold, but they can buy from approved miners which is what they are doing.

These ignorant governors need to educate their people instead of spreasing fake news and playing to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by IMAliyu(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

Good question...

The lazy governors are just playing to the gallery to shorud their own uselessness and incompetence.

Zamfara is not mining gold and by law they can never mine gold, what they are doing is buying mined gold from government approved gold miners to store as reserve as economic invesment, something that these lazy governors and even common Nogerians can do if they so desire.

When was the last time these useless SS governors established oil and petroleum investments.

Do they have oil companies or any oil related investments?

All they do is sit around, collect allocations and 13% derivation for looting and stealing.

The lazy and useless one in Delta just vowed to never repeal the pension law in his state, the law that crooks and looters like Ibori are enjoying for life.

Pointing fingers and blaming the North for your poor performance and uselessness is getting stale and obsolete.

You too can buy and invest in Gold, there is no law in Nigeria against buying gold.

Tell these useless governors that Zamfara is not mining gold, they are buying gold from government approved miners.
Can I get your source for the bolded?
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by nsiba: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
blackgold90:

They have no special information on the useless gold jealous they fighting for .All they need to do as zamfara is doingvis just to approach ministry of solid mineral and get license to mine gold.

Since 1956 that oil is discovered in Nigeria delta there is no single state own filling station or gas station or small refinery built by these state yet they want to start fighting and causing trouble.

They should leave zamfara alone and build refinery and get crude from nnpc and be making money.

Better late than NEVER, they need no gold but same level condition....... Build refinery, if only you know the politics?
AkwaIbom generates power enough to power the state yet they have to sell the FG while the state wallow in darkness.... The Governors are getting it right this time around

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Lipscomb(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
Who is giving you free money.
Midas01:
What are you doing with the free money you've been getting?
Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by mosdii(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
Coldie:

Did she lie?

Tell us what SS People did to contribute to the oil in Nigeria apart from it being found where they reside?

Tell us what your region has been contributing to the sustainability of Nigeria right from 1960 till date.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2020
I see some comments here both from north and south, and I conclude that we really get the leaders we deserve...

The country with the highest amount of gold reserves in bank don't have in Gold mines in their country.

Most countries like Netherlands don't have as much oil wells in their country, but they refine crude and sell petrol to Nigeria, they also don't experience fual scarcity like your oyel producing country Nigeria...and also Netherland has a sovereign wealth fund of over $1trillion while Nigeria's is a just $2.1billion and reducing by the day.

Zamfara mines gold but the state is revaged by bandits and terrorists.

Bayelsa produces oil but has one of the highest rates of poverty, kidnapping is also rampant.

Petrol prices today are going for #170/litre to both APC and PDP people alike..

If you think your region is benefiting from the current state of things you're delusional.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by ubyways(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

We had regional administration before so please explain to us exactly what each region benefited?

Regionalism is like pouring the same old dirty and rotten wine in a new bottle.

Regionalism won't change the same useless, lazy and incompetent governors in the SS or any part of Nigeria.

Your problem is not regionalism, it's bad leadership, but of course, that concept is far far above your thinking scale.

if you like go and bring a saint to rule Nigeria, things will still get worse. Nigerian foundation is built on lies. We call ourselves a federal state but in a real sense we are not practicing federalism. What we have at the moment is well formulated lies that favours one side of the country. You're here calling south south governors lazy but I but you, a system built on lies will crumble sooner or later. You can't feed fat on south south resources for ever.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday by GidiCars: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2020
Openbusiness:
When Niger Delta mine their own oil, they call it illegal bunkering but when Fulanis mine their own gold, they give them license and exclusive ownership. By the special grace of God, Buhari will be the last president of Nigeria. Evil regime.

I join you to say Amen to this prayer. I can't wait for the day this useless country would fall. On the other hand, the core south leaders need to start supporting and arming their indigenous people cause the north would never let go without a fight. They should grow some balls, form their own security outfit and arm them without involving the federal government. That would send a strong message.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Has Lost His Memory – Fani-kayode / Emir Aminu Ado Bayero Receives Appointment Letter & Certificate Of Office / EFCC Arrests Femi Fani-Kayode For Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.