Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib (992 Views)

Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council / Breaking News - Arab League Criticises 'No Fly Zone' - They Now Support Gaddafi? / Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib by johnie: 1:49am On Mar 18, 2011
The UNSC has voted to impose a no-fly-zone over Libya.

This follows the threats of Gadhaffi to take over the "rebel's" last stand -Benghazi.

Interestingly, Nigeria is one of the countries that voted in favour of the resolution. China and Russia abstained.

Immediatelt after the resolution was passed, Egypt began sending arms to the "rebels" in the east of Libya.

I expect NATO and the "allies" to start pre-emptive strikes any moment from now.

I hope all Nigerians have now been evacuated.

I salute the courage of the people of Benghazi who stood up to the dictator and his threat to "clean the city house by house, road by road, alley by alley" despite the delay in getting support from the international community as Ras Lanuf, Tabruk, etc fell back to Gadhaffi one by one.

Gadhaffi, look up,
Its a bird, a cloud, ,

No, its the allied planes coming to get you!
Re: Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib by cap28: 2:37am On Mar 18, 2011
Glad to see that nigeria were playing their part as america and britain's houseboys by following their masters and supporting the bombing and invasion of a soveriegn nation.

Very ironic that they shoudl be condemning Gadaffi given their own non existent human rights record.

They shouldnt get too comfortable though, today america is their friend tomorrow they coudl be the next oil rich nation earmarked for "humanitarian intervention".

Wonder why america is not calling for intervention on "humanitarian grounds" in saudi arabia and bahrain.
Re: Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
People love to talk without being objective. Lets consider the pros and cons of the no fly zone. Who are the most beneficiaries of this oil rich country in the event of war, why are there selective approach to insurrections i.e isreal - palestine, bahrain, hutu -tutsis? Why is the west always at the forefront of deposing leaders of oil rich nations and others not willing to be their stooges at the slighest opportunity of insurrections i.e Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Cuba e.t.c IT IS BOLDLY WRITTEN ON THE WALL. Oil, oil and more oil for the western countries and their oil companies and more income for western nations and orgnisations dealing in hitech ammunitions of war. Though i do not support Gadaffis sit tight regime and attacks on his people but AMERICAS VERSION OF DEMOCRACY IS TO SUPPORT A PUPPET REGIME TO DO THEIR BIDDING.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is World Powers! United State Or China: / Albert Einstein 1946 Letter To White America / Could Boko Haram Be Hillary Clinton's Biggest Scandal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.