Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum (22990 Views)

Abdulsalam Abubakar Flown Abroad Over Ill-health / Aminu Abdulsalam Visits His Hometown, Welcomed By Kwankwasiyya Members (Photos) / EFCC Arraigns Abdulsalam Saleh Abdulkareem For $1.3 Million Fraud (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by LegendHero(m): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2020
Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and former Head of State, General Abdulsalam Abubakar, have thrown their weights behind the formation of the North Central Peoples Forum.

The two Nigerian past leaders made their positions known on the issue during a visit by the members of the Board of Trustees of the North Central Peoples Forum led by General Jeremiah Useni at their Uphill residences in Minna, Niger state.

The duo at separate visits by the board members, both posited that forming the forum is long overdue, agreeing that it would further lead to the development of the north-central region.

When they visited General IBB, he told the members that he had often been amazed as to why the North Central had not formed its own group, particularly, politically, the region has more votes put together than both the south-west and south-south regions of the country.

According to him, ” I have always wondered when I heard of groups from North West, North East, South-South and South-West and I kept wondering where we belong especially as God has blessed us with the quality and calibre of people in this region. I thought we were not playing our roles well.

“I have had a good look at the contribution of the zone politically in terms of votes and I found out that your region has more votes than both the Southwest and the south-south and yet the south-south makes more noise than other zones.”

He assured them of his support saying that the forum is coming at a time when the north-central region needs a voice to bring development to it.

“I want to commend you for what you have done in forming this forum and I assure you that we will be with you and support you always. I know that you will be the envy of other zones because you have what it takes to be recognized as a strong and potent zone in this country.”

Former Head of State, General Abdulsalam Abubakar also stated that the forum has been long overdue insisting that setting it up will go a long way to reduce the differences between the people in the region and bridge the gap between the tribes in the region and the country.

Commending the Board members, the elder statesman said, ” I congratulate you on the thought of the forum and forming the forum. We are expecting that the forum will have the same performances as those who are forming it as you have all achieved great strides in your various offices.

“Certainly, you have our support in delivering the purpose of this forum. It will go a long way to minimize the disharmony between the people and between the amalgamation of all the tribes we have in the region and the country.”

He called on the forum to work assiduously in making sure that all abandoned sectors in the North Central region, most especially, the road are carried out.

Abdulsalami listed some of the roads to include Minna to Suleja, Yelwa to Jos, Lokoja to Kabba, Kabba to Offa, adding that, ” these are the lifelines connecting us to the south but unfortunately through omission or commission, they are abandoned. I want to urge you to put your searchlight on this development.”

After the visits, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the North Central Peoples Forum, General Jeremiah Useni, told newsmen that the forum is encouraged with the support and blessings given by two former past Nigerian leaders.

General Useni was accompanied by the Secretary of the Board of Trustees, Khalid Bolaji, Micheal Onoja, Safianu Barje, Mike Onoja amongst others for the visit.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/17/ibb-abdulsalam-back-formation-of-new-group-in-north-central-nigeria/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 18, 2020
Eyaa
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by LegendHero(m): 12:07am On Nov 18, 2020
Seems Babangida is getting old and it’s affecting him somehow.

How could the North-Central have more votes than the South West?

He even made mention of the North Central having more votes put together than both the South-West and South-South regions.

Either Maradona old age is taking a toll on him or the Dailypost publisher is drunk for writing this rubbish.

Either way, forming the group is a welcome development.

57 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:08am On Nov 18, 2020
so the south south now makes the most noise....ok o, point noted!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by NigerDeltaIgbos: 12:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Na now day break for una

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by NATIONALPASTOR: 12:17am On Nov 18, 2020
Best news for ages from that zone.

Welcomed development.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Racoon(m): 12:19am On Nov 18, 2020
All the former proponents of one monolithic north and one Nigeria have suddenly woken up from their illusion after all the long years of politico-military domination, coup plotting,genocide.Good morning Ibrahim Babangida Abdulsalam Abubakar, Zamani Letwok, Jeremiah Useni, TY Danjuma.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Greenback: 12:36am On Nov 18, 2020
LegendHero:

He even made mention of the North Central having more votes put together than both the South-West and South-South regions.

Either Maradona old age is taking a toll on him or the Dailypost publisher is drunk for writing this rubbish.

See how you are gentle and watching your words lolssss!!!!!
We understand grin grin

14 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Moferere: 12:47am On Nov 18, 2020
I am vindicated, this is how to discuss politics.

I told some of my friends on this platform that at the end of the day, it will come to, how many registered voters do you have in your zone? .

They said that I am wrong. Someone even asked me to deduct Igbo votes from Lagos registered voters grin grin grin

IBB has said the same thing about numbers of votes from North Central, South West and South South Geopolitical zones. grin grin grin

However I want to respectfully disagree with IBB on the quoted excerpts below:

When they visited General IBB, he told the members that he had often been amazed as to why the North Central had not formed its own group, particularly, politically, the region has more votes put together than both the south-west and south-south regions of the country.

“I have had a good look at the contribution of the zone politically in terms of votes and I found out that your region has more votes than both the Southwest and the south-south and yet the south-south makes more noise than other zones.”
The above statement is misleading. Yes, North Central has more votes than South South, but the South West has more votes than North Central.
Here is the distribution:
SS — 11, 918, 097
NC — 13, 366, 070
SW — 16, 292, 212

TYRO POLITICAL CALCULATIONS
Since Kwara is dominated by Yoruba,

Kogi West Senatorial District is Yoruba,

some Nupe people are Yoruba extractions,

there are plenty Yoruba (most especially from Ogun) in Jos,

and Abuja is a no man's land

we must minus Yoruba votes from North Central.

Funny political calculations.

Cc:
Bkayyy
Cktheluckyman
Dukeprince50
SpecialAdviser
Ikology
Klinee
Okoroawusa

Please note: I have mentioned you to enhance discussion, not to look for troubles o.
I respect everyone of you.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by LegendHero(m): 12:58am On Nov 18, 2020
Greenback:

See how you are gentle and watching your words lolssss!!!!!
We understand grin grin

I think you read the situation wrong.

1 Like

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by ehinmowo: 3:31am On Nov 18, 2020
This man is getting senile. Thank God for information age. If it were in d 60s and 70s, this information would have formed "a truth".

The idiot even said south is making noise.

9 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by DMerciful(m): 4:09am On Nov 18, 2020
The core North had it coming! They will soon be isolated, they have been very wicked to the rest of the country!

22 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Rugaria: 4:28am On Nov 18, 2020
IBB and Abdulsalami are not totally different from Buhari in terms of how they view a monolithic north. They were in power and we know their history. They may not be as brazenly segregational as the clown there now but they were profoundly pro one North. I don't think that has changed. I just think they're making some politically correct statements here because of the caliber of the people that were visiting them on the issue. They were all northern foundamentalists during their time, maybe not on the same scale as Buhari who's just full of it. Babangida was the person under whose administration a treacherous state/local governments creation exercise was started. That was how two states in the north could have almost the same amount of local governments with a whole region like the SE. How is that remarkably different from what we are seeing today? When we are talking about the middle belt, this two are not good examples because of the fact that they obviously have a polluted ancestry.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by rawtouch: 5:06am On Nov 18, 2020
hmmm
baby of the core north
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Gkay1(m): 5:06am On Nov 18, 2020
gradually the country is on division way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by semyman: 5:06am On Nov 18, 2020
Blood suckers

4 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by englishmart(m): 5:06am On Nov 18, 2020
The North owns this country. We need our Biafra

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by blackgold90(m): 5:07am On Nov 18, 2020
LegendHero:

You don't know 0.00005 of what he knew so keep glue with tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by janedonez(m): 5:07am On Nov 18, 2020
Catalyst
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Pio44: 5:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Can anything good come out of this old hoodlums? Never demons

13 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Jakemedg(m): 5:09am On Nov 18, 2020
Good for the North Central Region.
They have been marginalized too much even by the Buhari led administration

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by obami007(m): 5:10am On Nov 18, 2020
Better
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Hotzone(m): 5:10am On Nov 18, 2020
To what gain?
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Ausval: 5:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Rt
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by ecomalchemist(m): 5:11am On Nov 18, 2020
Old fools.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Sammysolution: 5:13am On Nov 18, 2020
South South have the right to make the loudest noise in all ramifications, they're the money bags of nigeria

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by pickatyou2: 5:15am On Nov 18, 2020
Q
Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Jakemedg(m): 5:15am On Nov 18, 2020
rawtouch:
hmmm
baby of the core north
The core North don marginalize NC too much

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Macphenson: 5:16am On Nov 18, 2020
One Nigeria indeed.

Dissolve this contraption already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by seguno2: 5:18am On Nov 18, 2020
Rugaria:
IBB and Abdulsalami are not totally different from Buhari in terms of how they view a monolithic north. They were in power and we know their history. They may not be as brazenly segregational as the clown there now but they were profoundly pro one North. I don't think that has changed. I just think they're making some politically correct statements here because of the caliber of the people that were visiting them on the issue. They were all northern foundamentalists during their time, maybe not on the same scale as Buhari who's just full of it. Babangida was the person under whose administration a treacherous state/local governments creation exercise was started. That was how two states in the north could have almost the same amount of local governments with a whole region like the SE. How is that remarkably different from what we are seeing today? When we are talking about the middle belt, this two are not good examples because of the fact that they obviously have a polluted ancestry.

May the oil of wisdom in your head never dry. Amen.
The problem that Babangida created in Plateau state with LGAs for Fulanis is the cause of unending violence there.

18 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by seguno2: 5:20am On Nov 18, 2020
Pio44:
Can anything good come out of this old hoodlums? Never demons

Old hoodlums?
I love that. grin

7 Likes

Re: IBB, Abdulsalam Back Formation of North-Central Peoples Forum by Sagefromtheeast: 5:22am On Nov 18, 2020
Ibb... did you just say the South South makes the loudest noise?
Smh

Well even if it's true,they damn well deserve to!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oxbow Lake Pavilion, Swali-Yenagoa, Bayelsa Commissioned By Governor Dickson / Atiku Abubakar Accused Of Contract Breach, Unpaid Salaries By Workers / Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.