Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! (15354 Views)

Please Nigerians Abroad Let us know How a Person Can Be Invited / How To Get Visa To Finland For Entrance Exam?? Help/suggestions / American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
Thank you all for updating this thread. Well for those who choose kemi tonio, its a border area close to russia and mehn na dulling place and its cold so less people apply there. I guess that's the reason why ielts 5.0 was even invited. I had a friend who chose kemi but got admitted to jamk and should graduate in few months. I got an invite from lahti then but no entrance exam scheduled for africa so I was off then. To add to the info here, pls u guys should plan to write a motivation letter for choosing your design course and school, so make a little research on that. @callygood, its really nice taking time to write all that. Overlook and chooseme, we are doing good. As it is stated really, you must pass your language requirement in the entrance and atleast make 7 in maths, a touch of all subject will be great. Well as for me, maths is my problem and getting the 7 point needed, the rest can be well covered. We can work together people, so anyone at kyamk uas as a choice yet?
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ mafia, you are right about kemi but dulling no be issue now.na to enter be the koko.after so many applications,writing a motivational letter should not be a problem for me.My headache is to read up the material and be ready for the essay and cover some business maths too, You should have someone trying out kyamk by now but they decided at a late hour not to admit those applying for discretionary admission, make we pass first and get admitted then guys going to thesame uas will show.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2011
@choose, wetin you mean by discretional admission at kyamk? Not heard so much about the school tho but the place na small town sha. Na only maths be my problem ooo, make we collide plan and help one another ooo.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ mafia, its used when one does not meet the minimum requirement for eligibility, Many of us here used it.How is the maths overloved gave you? Simple??
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
@choose, are you telling me that even if i dont make the minimum requirement, they are just gonna dust me out? Got any school with hopes of admitting even if you dont meet the minimum requirements?
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 24, 2011
@ mafia, you dont get it yet.Discretionary admission is used when an applicant does not meet the minimum requirement for eligibility.I mean the minimum toefl or ielts score, In such case the applicant will apply for discretionary admission to be considered for invitation to the entrance exam.Someone with a toefl 71 can me invited.Do you get me now? We have however passed that stage as all of us here have been invited.So the entrance is a must pass.Minimum 30/100.if one does not meet 30 its the end of the road o.God forbid Sha, Different UAS' have different cut of mark.some high and some low, All in all lets study real hard.God will handle the rest!
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 6:37am On Mar 24, 2011
Thank you for the knowledge.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 24, 2011
Welcome bro.I'm learning from you too.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 6:47am On Mar 24, 2011
Practice your essay oo and a good motivation letter.The pre reading material needs to be breakdown for a good summary because that material is long ooo.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by overloved(m): 7:00am On Mar 24, 2011
@mafiaguy
why don't you just try reading the material that I gave to you ? Maths is most of us problem but u must study to show yourself approved. Try solving the maths on your own or get a tutor to help you to master it if you really wanna be in finland. The exams part that will be out will be similarities if what is in rhe past questions.
Also try brushing up in percentage, distance and related logical question. At least we for they thank God say na even objective. If na theory, wetin u wan do ? An f**k up(God forbid) be dat o !!!! So just read, heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 7:03am On Mar 24, 2011
Of course I know all that, I hope you are not gonna concentrate on all maths and leave out the pre reading material by FINNIP, I guess you should have downloaded that from your school web.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2011
The reading material has been downloaded long ago.just that many of us were waiting for the invitation before reading,
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 7:26am On Mar 24, 2011
Okay then, just confirming everything is in place.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by overloved(m): 7:29am On Mar 24, 2011
50 euro pass 10000, hust go convert am 4 oanda. Even 100 naira equals to 1 new ghana cedi and we are expected to bring 110 new ghana cedi to the registration day, so calculate am and know wats up. Hope say expo go dey for the exam. Lol
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 7:44am On Mar 24, 2011
A Euro is usually 200naira but I guess it has fluctuate to 220naira. Hopefully it will come down, but hopefully it will come down to 200. 10k and 11k doesn't make much difference, forget about the expo ooo, I don't think that works.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2011
Yea currencies fluctuate so 11k should do.lol overloved is joking.If those in finland will do the exam before us then it would have been better but thats not the case, anyway nothing de happen.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 9:20am On Mar 24, 2011
Well if you have an atm master card issued at banks now, u can get local cedi getting to ghana and using master card atm machines for the rate of 96 naira to 1 ghana cedi instead of 100 naira to a cedi.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by capti: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2011
@all, if you use atm machine as suggested by mafiaguy in ghana, you will be charged N1000 for every withdrawal. I suggest the best to go to bureau de change in tudu park. I am not talking about abokis money changers but there is a corporate office where currencies are changed. when you are at Tudu, ask anybody to direct you, it is very close to the park.
Also the entrance registration is in accra poly in tudu.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2011
@ capti, the thing make sense then.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 24, 2011
Baba Capti, thanks for the info.You are highly mouthed,
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by overloved(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
@capti, tanks for the info, its makin tins easy nw

na to carry naira go in cash b dat. Are you guys aware that you are to register via email first before the registration in ghana ? I just wish that the exam should be on the 12th of april, since the registration will be on the 11th of april.
And its like the whole uas in finland will be arranging their entrance togeda in the same place and the same date,
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
It should be on the 12th I pray so. As for me, when my letter comes, I will register with the email contained in my letter. Thanks again for sharing.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ capt how come you have so much knowledge on the exam date. Are you a student too?
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by captii: 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
DATES OF THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS

Monday 11th April: Examinations for the Degree Programmes in
Maritime Management
Integrated Coastal Zone Management
Facility Management, Tourism
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by captii: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
Tuesday 12th April: Examinations for the Degree Programmes in

Business Management, International Business, International Business and Marketing Logistics
Design
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ kitos, do you have any news on kyamk and what uas are you?
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by moysdaddy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
@overloved, I really appreciate ur initiative concerning our trip to Ghana. Well, i received an invitation letter from Kemi-tornion uas, the result is valid for Lahti uas . I would like to have the past questions in order to get prepared for the exam. Here's my email add: moysdaddy@yahoo.com.
I apply to two uas kemi-tornion and lahti.
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by mafiaguy: 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
Why all of una dey apply to kemi tornio na.Una plenty oo
Re: Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! by moysdaddy(m): 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
@mafiaguy, kemi-tornion is just a school i believe that had all the facilities for BIT & IB, and they're smaller in size.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tanker Explodes Opposite Ojo Barracks In Lagos / "Safety Violation" Air Peace Reacts To UK Regulator’s Claim, Says NCAA Approved / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.