Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) (40014 Views)

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card And Campaigned For APC (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by peacekante: 9:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, on Tuesday, said despite his close relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari, he “can never” join a party like the president’s All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking during a press briefing in Abaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, Governor Umahi dismissed media reports that he had defected to the APC.

“They said I have decamped to the All Progressives Congress (APC). This is laughable and the question is that why are people so much interested in my politics?” the governor queried.

Umahi clarified that although he maintains a personal relationship with President Buhari, he would never join the APC with the kind of leaders the party houses in the state.

He said, “The clarification is that my relationship with Mr President is because Mr President is my boss and the relationship is personal. Mr President or any APC person has never asked me to come over to the APC and they will never ask. There is no reason for me to leave my party the PDP of which I was the party chairman, deputy governor and now governor. I have always insisted on character. People that jump from one party to the other should examine their characters unless if there is any problem within your party.

“As at today and tomorrow, and till Christ comes there will be no crisis in PDP. So, there is no reason for me to leave the PDP and even if there were crisis in PDP and there is the need for me to leave PDP, I can never leave PDP to the kind of APC in Ebonyi State. With the kind of leader (not all of them but most of them) in Ebonyi State that have failed the state woefully. So I can never be on the same political platform with them. This is very key and much a fact for us to know.

“So, I am focused in doing my job, I am focused in governance and I have always insisted that we should leave party politics to our party men and women. As soon as you are elected you should focus on your job. I am not yet into politics of re-election and the fever that is gripping from day one is the fever of delivery on the dividends of democracy. So they should leave me alone with their dirty party politics because I am focused, I am a PDP member and I have benefited by privileges the platform of PDP has afforded me to be a party chairman, to be a deputy governor and to be a governor,” the governor added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTkpGrYmdw

https://thewhistler.ng/i-can-never-join-a-party-like-apc-umahi-reaffirms-loyalty-to-pdp-video/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Ceceba(f): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2020
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by longetivity(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2020
Trust politicians at ur own peril

207 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by HandmadeD: 9:17am On Nov 18, 2020
Trusting Nigerian politicians is like waiting for politicians to stop Looting grin

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by BigBelleControl(m): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2020
What does a politician and a prostitute have in common.
They're both not loyal.
They also fvck us but we pay them.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Karlifate: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2020

••• No permanent friends;

••• No permanent foes;

••• Only permanent interests.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by bencr7: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2020
Na naija politician way

8 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by BigBelleControl(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2020
What do politicians and prostitutes have in common?
They are not loyal.
And they fvck you but you pay them.

8 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by IJOBA2: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2020
ANYWHERE BELE FACE grin

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by jlinkd78(m): 9:25am On Nov 18, 2020
Internet never forgets. In saner climes Umahi should cover his face in shame. I v no problem with him jumping ship cos both PDP and APC are same but for a man to say that even if he wants to leave PDP he can never move to APC and suddenly now in APC and still using d same Character analogy on both issues surprised me. Umahi d only performing governor in d whole of South East has again given us reason never to believe in politicians. This is one reason Nnamdi Kanu has followership cos of his consistency on his chosen ideology. How can Umahi demand respect when he turned around 360 degrees to what he swore never to do or have all d APC leadership in Ebonyi wiped out? Where belle face

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by kayusely70(m): 9:26am On Nov 18, 2020
Which One To Belief- In Or Not In
Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by fergie001: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Guyman grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Atiku a northerner has tried his luck, the ruling party will zone their presidential ticket to the south, why can't the PDP also zone their own ticket to the south too? Is PDP a party created for Northerners

If only PDP allowed fairness, Umahi will still be in the PDP by now

17 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by sapientia(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2020
A liar can't be trusted

4 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
BabaOwen:
Atiku a northerner has tried his luck, the ruling party will zone their presidential ticket to the south, why can't the PDP also zone their own ticket to the south too? Is PDP a party created for Northerners

If only PDP allowed fairness, Umahi will still be in the PDP by now

Even if they zone it to the South East, you think a local man - a slimy, vainglorious character like Umahi would get it? No chance

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by nairavsdollars(f): 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
i thought he is the most sensible governor in the South East, He ended up being the most stewpid

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Racoon(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
Atiku, Sullivan Chime, Uduaghan, Ken & Chimaroke Nnamani, Orji Uzor Kalu, etc all said the same but as usual, politics is a smokescreen for many politicians. Most dont have integrity or any convinced political ideology

7 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Okoroawusa: 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
The attacks have begun.

Umahi is now a bad person...

Wonders shall never end

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by IamWonderful: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
ok
Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Normal thing for polithiefcians na

After all

All the promises Buhari made has her ever fulfilled anyone??

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by slawormiir: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by irepnaija4eva(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
They are all bloody liers.....
Is obvious most of them talk before they think..
Smh..

Bloody Prostitutians......

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by lindareep: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Naija politician be like,

" I'm the only one doing well, I don't steal and I don't lie"
" I can never join APC"

All na saka manje grin grin grin

Meanwhile, beard growth oil wa o! wink
Promo: N3,500
Abuja clients only!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Mindlog: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
Just like the weather!wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
Is it not Nigeria politicans ...See what he said"relationship with the president is personal... Well he's saying that cus the APC has failed woefully in bringing the country to change...if PDP is In crisis now I bet u. He will certainly denied what he had said
Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by sammysmiles(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
POLITICIANS ! POLITICIANS!! POLITICIANS!!!

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by zeusdgrt(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
Foolish man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
peacekante:
Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, on Tuesday, said despite his close relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari, he “can never” join a party like the president’s All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking during a press briefing in Abaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, Governor Umahi dismissed media reports that he had defected to the APC.

“They said I have decamped to the All Progressives Congress (APC). This is laughable and the question is that why are people so much interested in my politics?” the governor queried.

Umahi clarified that although he maintains a personal relationship with President Buhari, he would never join the APC with the kind of leaders the party houses in the state.

He said, “The clarification is that my relationship with Mr President is because Mr President is my boss and the relationship is personal. Mr President or any APC person has never asked me to come over to the APC and they will never ask. There is no reason for me to leave my party the PDP of which I was the party chairman, deputy governor and now governor. I have always insisted on character. People that jump from one party to the other should examine their characters unless if there is any problem within your party.

“As at today and tomorrow, and till Christ comes there will be no crisis in PDP. So, there is no reason for me to leave the PDP and even if there were crisis in PDP and there is the need for me to leave PDP, I can never leave PDP to the kind of APC in Ebonyi State. With the kind of leader (not all of them but most of them) in Ebonyi State that have failed the state woefully. So I can never be on the same political platform with them. This is very key and much a fact for us to know.

“So, I am focused in doing my job, I am focused in governance and I have always insisted that we should leave party politics to our party men and women. As soon as you are elected you should focus on your job. I am not yet into politics of re-election and the fever that is gripping from day one is the fever of delivery on the dividends of democracy. So they should leave me alone with their dirty party politics because I am focused, I am a PDP member and I have benefited by privileges the platform of PDP has afforded me to be a party chairman, to be a deputy governor and to be a governor,” the governor added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTkpGrYmdw

https://thewhistler.ng/i-can-never-join-a-party-like-apc-umahi-reaffirms-loyalty-to-pdp-video/
""There is no reason for me to leave my party the PDP of which I was the party chairman, deputy governor and now governor. I have always insisted on character. People that jump from one party to the other should examine their characters unless if there is any problem within your party."'
Polithiefcians are like prostitutes. Shameless beings.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Randy100: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
Internet never forget.

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) by Destroyerofyeeb: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
But seriously who's deceiving this two mouthed yam reee governor that he will smell APC nomination ticket not to talk of presidency? grin grin. Why do they like fooling themselves after serving PDP like slaves all these years and no assurance of presidency ticket they want to try the same APC they always insult yoruba people for creating. Who cursed these people with foolishness though?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Presents Report On Banditry And Terrorism In Nigeria (Photos) / Boko Haram Fires Rocket At Ngomari Airport, Maiduguri Ahead Of Buhari’s Visit / 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.