Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi (40003 Views)

Exchange Between Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed And Rufai Oseni. / Prof Chukwuma Soludo And Family In New Pictures / Chukwuma Soludo Vs Ejike Mbaka - Rev Fr Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by naptu2: 7:17am On Nov 15, 2022
In 2015 Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo wrote an article in which he examined the state of Nigeria and looked at what lay in store for the country after the 2015 elections. This was in response to an article titled "Where is Charles Soludo"?

Professor Soludo criticised a lot of people and groups in his article and these included the ruling PDP and the opposition APC. Some of these people responded to his article and Professor Soludo wrote another article in response to their claims.

In this thread I will publish what Professor Soludo wrote about Peter Obi in his first article, Peter Obi's response to the article and Soludo's response to Peter Obi. Because the articles are very long, I will only post the relevant sections.

Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election, by Charles Soludo

January 25, 2015

One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no signature project to remember his regime except that his regime took the first position among all states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—- mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!).

Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-charles-soludo/

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by naptu2: 7:17am On Nov 15, 2022
OPINION: Peter Obi replies Soludo, says he is haunted by his past

Published on January 27, 2015
By Sylvester Ugwuanyi

Immediate past governor of Anambra state, Mr. Peter Obi has described former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Charles Soludo as a man haunted by his past for alleging that he (Obi) built no signature project in Anambra State while he spent eight years in office.

Obi, who spoke through his media aide, Mr. Valentine Obienyem, said the article written by Soludo indicates that he is still nursing deep hatred against those he wrongly assumed were responsible for not renewing his appointment as the Governor of the nation’s apex bank and those presumed to have thwarted his move towards becoming the Governor of Anambra State last year.

While agreeing with some cogent points raised by Soludo, Obi regretted that the aim of the write-up was not to instruct or contribute to positive national discourse, but to hit back at those the Professor is nursing secret grudges against.

The former Anambra governor recalled how Soludo in 2013 said he was the foundation upon which the new Anambra State was built, and commended him on how he succeeded in changing the fortunes of the state. He then wondered why Soludo would turn around so soon to declare that his tenure was bereft of any signature project by which his regime would be remembered but saved money in the midst of hunger thereby impoverishing the people of the State.

Obi maintained that it was surprising that a renowned economist as Soludo, who in the same essay, prided himself of saving $45billion in the nation’s external reserves when he was the CBN Governor should condemn Obi for saving money for Anambra State and questioning the wisdom of savings when there were things that needed to be done.

His words, “When he said he saved $45bn, does it mean that at that time Nigeria’s problems were over? Now oil price is falling and state’s allocation are bound to fall, Soludo should be told that the money Obi saved will be used to cushion the effect, among others reasons for states to save at all times. He also talked about clearing Nigerian debts without acknowledging that the architect of it is Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who is still part of Jonathan’s Government”.

Obi, who asserted that Soludo merely displayed his lack of understanding of the basics of true development for saying he left no signature project, said, “Talking about signature project, Obi has them in abundance. He built over 30 bridges, built the State Secretariat, built the teaching hospital, built the permanent site of the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu University, rebuilt Iyienu, Borromeo hospitals, Holy Rosary and St Joseph hospitals; and Our Lady of Lourdes among many hospitals with signature structures dotting them.

“Beyond the foregoing”, the former governor continued, “Soludo should be told that Obi did much more in areas that are far more important than mere structures. He returned schools to the Church and committed billions that could build any form of signature project of Soludo’s imagination. Because of this, Anambra State is today the number one in external examinations in the country.

”Moreover, he changed the psyche of the people of the State and removed Anambra State from her pariahs status to one of the exemplary States in the country,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2015/01/27/peter-obi-replies-soludo-says-haunted-past/

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by naptu2: 7:17am On Nov 15, 2022
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions (1) By Chukwuma Charles Soludo

February 1, 2015
Charles Soludo

I read some of the responses to my article, “Buhari vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election”, and I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the debate. I am glad that the debate has finally taken off. I have decided, for the record, to re-enter the debate if only to set some records straight and hopefully elevate the debate further. Whom do I respond to? First, let me thank Gov Kayode Fayemi for his very mature and professional response on behalf of the APC. It forms a great basis for deepening the conversation. Pat Utomi, Oby Ezekwesili, Iyabo Obasanjo, and thousands of other patriotic Nigerians have raised the content of the debate. Femi Fani-Kayode made me laugh, as usual. The Gov. Jang faction of the Governors’ Forum played the usual politics, although I know what most of them think privately. Who else? Oh, Peter Obi. Well, since he can’t write and designated Valentine as usual to write for him (who never disputed the NBS statistics that Obi broke world record in the pauperization of Anambra people but instead focused on lies and abuses) I won’t dignify him with a response here. His third class performance in Anambra will be the subject of a comprehensive article later.

https://saharareporters.com/2015/02/01/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-and-missing-trillions-1-chukwuma-charles-soludo

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Naira20: 7:26am On Nov 15, 2022
I don't like reported speech.

Give us the full letter let us ascertain the tenor of the letters.

Until then,
Soludo should focus on governance for now.

Nigerians are focused on retiring Atiku+Tinubu not Soludo's opinions

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by AjeboBoutique(m): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2022
Our people say that when an oracle begins to misbehave, we show it the tree from which it was carved.
Since Soludo has decided to make himself the next Okorocha, we accept the challenge.

Nigeria must be free again!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Uphigh: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2022
grin
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by rayvelez(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2022
Reading along.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Olaolex: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2022
Peter Obi the incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria.
Those old and outdated bags will be sent to old people's home. Especially that one that will soon go and retire in Iragbiji. No time to check time.

Quote me wrongly and be unfortunate for the rest of your life

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Aufbauh(m): 7:38am On Nov 15, 2022
Soludo 2- Obi 0

Peter Obi is just like one of the typical Igbo trader hustling to sell his substandard goods.

He has nothing to offer and not different from the old block.

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by PlayMaker14: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2022
Quite unfortunate Soludo son is more reasonable than the daft unintelligent Idiot of a father.

209 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Racoon(m): 7:39am On Nov 15, 2022
Waiting for the day Charles Soludo will regain his political senses. His recent virtuperations against Peter Obi seems to steamed out from this animosity of old. However, person wey pass you pass you.

176 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by WibusJaga: 7:44am On Nov 15, 2022

Polithiefcians always have their ulterior motives for endorsement.
Tinubu endorsed & packaged Buhari for us, not because he saw Buhari as a good leader but because he expected Buhari & the ruling party to in turn support his emilokan ambition.

Hopefully, majority of Nigerians not polithiefcians, will decide the outcome of 2023.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Honourable1901(m): 7:44am On Nov 15, 2022
Everything soludo said was right

Peter obi remains a packaged fraud lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you don't like my opinion please cry in solace

77 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by BarrElChapo(m): 7:44am On Nov 15, 2022
angry
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by inoki247: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2022
Na the guy supporter dey go xtreme dey build him more enemy....

is this how APC supporters were attacking everyone in 2015 that have different view since you want to tell us you're following dere template.....

APC was only attacking Goodluck I can't remember where APC surpporter start cancelling people or reporting people's SM account for blocking cause dey av different view or using Gunmen to threaten people that have a different view..

If any Thread about Obi flaws grace the frontpage the supporter will start crying and started saying the Mods are biased and also feeling intimidated by ordinary likes and shares are these all done by APC supporters in 2015...

We av seen how many times Tinubu drug case av grace the front page the supporters will never cry nor calling the mod biased and demoralizing dere candidate....

We av even seen on frontpage the Video where some people are mocking Tinubu on frontpage with different song some are with the agbado song...

Still him supporters no come online to rant and call the mods out or say NL are been biased you people just want things to only go ur way....

If na Obi News wey Youth die under him watch and go dump den in d river dey grace frontpage like that dem go don set NL on Fire....

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by ATLIEN2027: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2022
Only a brainwashed ipob terrorist Zombidient will believe in the Conman fraudster pandora pathological liar Obi tuary. A man is promising to do this and that but has no record to show of what he did in 8 years as Governor.
Isn't that the height of stupidity, imbecility and gullibility.
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary was failed Governor with nothing to show for 8 years ad Governor except for poor investment of govt money into his own family business.
Nothing but a Conman with a woman's voice. grin

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by yuzjet(m): 7:45am On Nov 15, 2022
If Nigeria will split, I still pity Biafra nation. So many internal sabotages that won't help them.

Who could have thought Soludo wouldn't support his own at this point?

Anyway, it's good to let obidients understand the real politics and why Obi may not even win his own Anambra?

Whatever the outcome, it'll be great to see.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by BluntCrazeMan: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2022
Na waa oo..

Ok naa
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by kk2027: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Instead of you lots to soft pedal and not give Soludo another chance to drop a nuclear outburst on Peter again, you are here fanning what you won’t be able to contain!

All these irrelevant discussions wont distract us from the main issues arising

Tinubu needs to explain to Nigerians how drug money 'flew' into his account

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Dididrumz(m): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Na wah
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by PlayerMeji: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Urchins will not like this...

The way Charlie is nakeding their grandmaster Obi is causing painment to their psyche. grin

After they will bring out what Soludo's son says as a defense to the truth spoken by Soludo.

A sitting governor with all the apparatus of government says something and you want me to believe his son who says another...

Oga ooo...

What a life for urchins.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Instead of you lots to soft pedal and not give Soludo another reason to drop a nuclear outburst on Peter again, you are here fanning what you won’t be able to contain!

Soludo just won a fan yesterday! I read that write-up and I was thrilled! Who could believe that Soludo was that volatile with words!

Now I believe reserved people are the most deadly with words, just like Barrack Obama!

Damn! Soludo needs to write a book! I am a fan of highly eloquent super humans!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Cuntface: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Soludo just killed his political career in anambra state

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by JomiTech(m): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Terry44: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
cool

This kind long article for early mor mor.
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Ireportlive: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
cool

No be today

Did this idiot Obi just compared Foreign reserves to savings in Fidelity bank

Omo this man is soooooo foolish

17 Likes

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by naijapips04: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Obi has always been a clown.

grin Obi who cannot write

Soludo has always known that Obi is not intellectually capable of engaging him no wonder he crams like his life depends on it.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by kk2027: 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 7:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Ireportlive:
No be today
God bless his excellency president Peter Obi GCFR

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi by Faiththatworks(m): 7:47am On Nov 15, 2022
When the Enigmatic Gov Senator Kassim Shettima (Insha Allah the next vice president of Nigeria) called H.E Peter Obi Gringori,some media commentators launched a verbal tirade against him.
I daresay his Excellency was 10000% right about Peter Obi.
He's indeed Gringori and his followers have confirmed the nickname Sen Shettima bequeathed on him.
He's just in the presidential race to add some comedy and cash out like Nnamdi Kanu has done in the last 7 years.
I believe it's time for the DSS to look into the followers of Gringori, it's looking like Gringori supporters are a well orchestrated disinformation unit led by some media talibanic characters.
Only a big fool will think the attack on the Double Gov, H.E Charles Soludo is spontaneous,the Boko haramic behavior of Gringori supporters is starting to follow a certain pattern and if the DSS refuses to act now,I'm sure they will metamorphose into a more deadly and killer unit spreading lies and bile if and when they lose the election.
If in doubt,go to the browser call Phoenix and look at any stories that concern Peter Obi,the comments on stories about Peter Obi on that browser will drive a chill down your spine.
God bless Nigeria.

15 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imo APC Ward Congress: Okorocha Runs To Buhari For Help (Photos) / President Buhari Leaving Abuja For China With His Wife, Aisha & Daughter (Photos / Nnamdi Kanu: Orji Kalu's Conviction Politically Motivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.