Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic (19581 Views)

Tinubu Opens Land, Air Borders With Niger Rep, Lifts Other Sanctions / Buhari Sympathizes With Niger Republic Over Terrorist Attack That Killed 70 / FG Signs $3.9bn Deal With Chinese Firm For Abuja-itakpe Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by DamnnNiggarr: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
FG signs fuel transportation, storage deal with Niger Republic

…To evacuate excess petrol from Niger to Nigeria

The Federal Government, yesterday, signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, with the Republic of Niger for the transportation and storage of petroleum products.

In a statement in Abuja, Group General Manager/Special Adviser on Media to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Garba Deen Muhammad, said the MoU was reached following bilateral agreements between President Muhammadu Buhari and President Mahamadou Issoufou of Niger.

According to Muhammad, talks had been on-going between the two countries for over four months – through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and Niger Republic’s National Oil Company, Societe Nigerienne De Petrole (SONIDEP), on petroleum products transportation and storage.

He explained that Niger Republics Soraz Refinery in Zinder, some 260 kilometres from the Nigerian border, has an installed refining capacity of 20,000 barrels per day, the country’s total domestic requirement is about 5,000 barrels per day, BPD, thus leaving a huge surplus of about 15,000 bpd, mostly for export.

Muhammad stated that the MoU was signed by the GMD NNPC, Mallam Mele Kyari and the Director-General of SONIDEP, Mr. Alio Toune under the supervision of the two countries’ Ministers of State for Petroleum, Çhief Timipre Sylva and Mr Foumakoye Gado, respectively with the Secretary-General of the African Petroleum Producers Organisation (APPO), Dr Omar Farouk Ibrahim in attendance.

Speaking shortly after the MoU signing, Sylva expressed delight over the development, describing it as another huge step in developing trade relations between both countries.

He said: “This is a major step forward. The Niger Republic has some excess products which need to be evacuated. Nigeria has the market for these products. Therefore, this is going to be a win-win relationship for both countries. My hope is that this is going to be the beginning of deepening trade relations between Niger Republic and Nigeria.”

Also commenting on the development, Secretary-General of African Petroleum Producers Organisation (APPO), Dr Omar Farouk Ibrahim said he could not be happier with what he witnessed in terms of co-operation and collaboration between the two APPO member countries in the area of hydrocarbons.

He said: “I want to commend the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Niger and their leadership for this milestone.”

In his remarks, Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mallam Mele Kyari, said the two countries have had long engagements in the last four to five months with a view to restoring the importation of petroleum products (excess production) from Niger into Nigeria.

He said: “With this development, we hope to have a long-lasting and sustainable commercial framework to have a pipeline from the Soraz Refinery in Zinder (Niger) into the most proximate Nigerian city so that we can develop a depot.

“We are happy that we have reached that conclusion and our two ministers have endorsed this framework. We are also working on detailed MoU between our two companies so that we can continue the execution process immediately.”

The NNPC helmsman further noted that being the most experienced of the two oil companies, the NNPC would support SONIDEP in terms of training and capacity building.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/just-in-fg-signs-fuel-transportation-storage-deal-with-niger-republic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by mosdii(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
We are not even ashamed of ourselves as a major oil producing nation.

Small Niger has a working refinery that refines 20,000 barrels more than the three dormant refineries we have in this country.

Niger will now be supplying us pms...what a shame and disgrace to the almighty giant of Africa.

For Nigeria to agree to a deal like this, there is something fishy or something behind.
Is either the owner of the refinery is a Nigerian (probably a top government official or politician) or it is a tit for tat deal.

For over 60 years of oil exploration in the country, we have not been able to export refined product for once. With this deal now, direct and indirect jobs will be created in Niger, IGR will rise in Niger and also the country's GDP will increase significantly.
Niger is leveraging on the inadequacies of our failed policies.

205 Likes 20 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by ascek(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
angry
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Nbotee(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2020
I don't understand my country... Ur refineries are comatose and dead. Instead of building new ones or fixing the old ones like promised, we want to start buying from Niger. And yet we are supposedly the giant of Africa

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by flemsy15(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2020
Honestly I didn't read everything

11 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by rdokoye: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nbotee:
I don't understand my country... Ur refineries are comatose and dead. Instead of building new ones or fixing the old ones like promised, we want to start buying from Niger. And yet we are supposedly the giant of Africa

Welfare business dealings. This isn't a charity, Nigeria doesn't need to buy anything from Niger, and when this pathetic administration disappears, so will this deal.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Ever8090: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
They should sign an agreement to help them rehabilitate their Boko haram mambers join...

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by theenchanter: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, nothing in Nigeria ever makes sense.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Enudapan: 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I thought we should be they ones
Exporting fuel to this mudafucking African countries
With less refinery
Buh what do i know
Maybe FG knows the Best

9 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by DamnnNiggarr: 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I thought we should be they ones
Exporting fuel to this mudafucking African countries
With less refinery
Buh what do i know
Maybe FG knows the Best
They know nothing,
They're just clueless with no vision.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Officialhorlah(m): 4:29am On Nov 20, 2020
Ordinary Niger republic

Always disappointing

Dem no get shame at all
Den wanna borrow another money from Brazil too
rubbish

9 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by ursullalinda(f): 4:29am On Nov 20, 2020
With all the promises made by this failed government......see how we changed our country gear to auto reverse......I always feel like giving those people I know who where shouting change change a knock anytime I see them...... Imagine Niger republic too has a working refinery

12 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Melison(m): 4:30am On Nov 20, 2020
This country just dey reverse
E jus be like sinking ship
Niger here?? Importing from Niger?? Kai
See oyibo police dey use iPhone collect selfie
Here u know the rest,,very rotten govt abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by adaragbotemi: 4:31am On Nov 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by backbone503(m): 4:32am On Nov 20, 2020
In other words, Nigeria will be creating thousands of direct and indirect jobs for Nigeriens, and all our so called leaders care for is making money off this.

The petroleum industry (particularly the Downstream sector) is one that can create many investment opportunities, hence, millions of jobs/opportunities for our youths and strengthen our Naira. This government, like its predecessor, is a failure.

17 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by therajah: 4:33am On Nov 20, 2020
flemsy15:
Honestly I didn't read everything
Pls dont go back to read.. you will leave the page angry!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by adaragbotemi: 4:34am On Nov 20, 2020
Hmmm, if we can import fuel from niger, why cant we import rice from coutonu? Just asking

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by bcomputer101: 4:34am On Nov 20, 2020
Jesus Christ

What kind of nonsense is this?
This is a big slap on Nigerians.

For fooling us, it shall not be well with brother Buhari

12 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by liv123: 4:34am On Nov 20, 2020
What a country

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by juniorstar(m): 4:36am On Nov 20, 2020
yet they still spend billions on non functional refineries

13 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by parkervero(m): 4:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Wahala dey naija

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Lovinghauwa: 4:38am On Nov 20, 2020
Someone should explain this for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Kneebow(m): 4:38am On Nov 20, 2020
His sin was unbelief. He doubted the promise of God. In this particular case unbelief took the form of a doubt of the divine veracity, or a mistrust of God's power. Either he doubted whether God really meant what he said, or whether it was within the range of possibility that God should fulfill his promise. Unbelief hath more phases than the moon, and more colors than the chameleon. Common people say of the devil, that he is seen sometimes in one shape, and sometimes in another. I am sure this is true of Satan's first-born child—unbelief, for its forms are legion. At one time I see unbelief dressed out as an angel of light. It calls itself humility, and it saith,

"I would not be presumptuous; I dare not think that God would pardon me; I am too great a sinner." We call that humility, and thank God that our friend is in so good a condition. I do not thank God for any such delusion. It is the devil dressed as an angel of light; it is unbelief after all. At other times we detect unbelief in the shape of a doubt of God's immutability: "The Lord has loved me, but perhaps he will cast me off to-morrow.

He helped me yesterday, and under the shadows of his wings I trust; but perhaps I shall receive no help in the next affliction. He may have cast me off; he may be unmindful of his covenant, and forget to be gracious." Sometimes this infidelity is embodied in a doubt of God's power. We see every day new straits, we are involved in a net of difficulties, and we think "surely the Lord cannot deliver us." We strive to get rid of our burden, and finding that we cannot do it, we think God's arm is as short as ours, and his power as little as human might.

A fearful form of unbelief is that doubt which keeps men from coming to Christ; which leads the sinner to distrust the ability of Christ to save him, to doubt the willingness of Jesus to accept so great a transgressor.

But the most hideous of all is the traitor, in its true colors, blaspheming God, and madly denying his existence. Infidelity, deism, and atheism, are the ripe fruits of this pernicious tree; they are the most terrific eruptions of the volcano of unbelief.

Unbelief hath become of full stature, when quitting the mask and laying aside disguise, it profanely stalks the earth, uttering the rebellious cry, "No God," striving in vain to shake the throne of the divinity, by lifting up its arm against Jehovah, and in its arrogance would

"Snatch from his hand the balance and the rod,
Re-judge his justice—be the god of God."

Then truly unbelief has come to its full perfection, and then you see what it really is, for the least unbelief is of the same nature as the greatest.

I am astonished, and I am sure you will be, when I tell you that there are some strange people in the world who do not believe that unbelief is a sin. Strange people I must call them, because they are sound in their faith in every other respect; only, to make the articles of their creed consistent, as they imagine, they deny that unbelief is sinful.

I remember a young man going into a circle of friends and ministers, who were disputing whether it was a sin in men that they did not believe the gospel. Whilst they were discussing it, he said, "Gentlemen am I in the presence of Christians? Are you believers in the Bible, or are you not?" They said, "We are Christians of course." "Then," said he, "does not the Scripture say, 'of sin, because they believed not on me?' And is it not the damning sin of sinners, that they do not believe on Christ?" I could not have thought that persons should be so fool-hardy as to venture to assert that, "it is no sin for a sinner not to believe on Christ."

I thought that, however far they might wish to push their sentiments, they would not tell a lie to uphold the truth, and, in my opinion this is what such men are really doing. Truth is a strong tower and never requires to be buttressed with error. God's Word will stand against all man's devices. I would never invent a sophism to prove that it is no sin on the part of the ungodly not to believe, for I am sure it is, when I am taught in the Scriptures that, "This is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men love darkness rather than light," and when I read,

"He that believeth not is condemned already, because he believeth not on the Son of God," I affirm, and the Word declares it, unbelief is a sin. Surely with rational and unprejudiced persons, it cannot require any reasoning to prove it. Is it not a sin for a creature to doubt the word of its Maker? Is it not a crime and an insult to the Divinity, for me, an atom, a particle of dust, to dare to deny his words? Is it not the very summit of arrogance and extremity of pride for a son of Adam to say, even in his heart, "God I doubt thy grace; God I doubt thy love; God I doubt thy power?"

Oh! sirs believe me, could ye roll all sins into one mass,—could you take murder, and blasphemy, and lust, adultery, and fornication, and everything that is vile and unite them all into one vast globe of black corruption, they would not equal even then the sin of unbelief. This is the monarch sin, the quintessence of guilt; the mixture of the venom of all crimes; the dregs of the wine of Gomorrah; it is the A1 sin, the master-piece of Satan, the chief work of the devil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Jabioro: 4:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Nigeria government is on black and white old canon camera...No shame,

9 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by TriCee: 4:42am On Nov 20, 2020
Oh, seems we are about buying back same fuel we sold to them...

Either way, make dem do and reduce pump price.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by passwelle: 4:42am On Nov 20, 2020
How the Mighty are fallen.

4 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by seguno2: 4:45am On Nov 20, 2020
Lovinghauwa:
Someone should explain this for us

Maybe a lecturer in Maryam Abacha’s university in Maradi, Niger can explain.
She may also be able to explain why Buhari is spending billions of dollars to do railways from Nigeria to Maradi.
Is this the change that APC zombies voted for

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by seguno2: 4:46am On Nov 20, 2020
liv123:
What a country

What a people.

Fixed.
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:51am On Nov 20, 2020
They should have just mention name, buhari sign or lai Muhammed, their is nothing federal about Nigeria anymore

8 Likes

Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by AFULA(m): 4:56am On Nov 20, 2020
okay
Re: FG Signs Fuel Transportation, Storage Deal With Niger Republic by Conze: 5:01am On Nov 20, 2020
THEY FINALLY SPONSORED AND BUILT A REFINERY NEARBY AND THEN SEND FINISHED PRODUCT BACK TO NIGERIA.. IT IS WELL

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Renews Confidence On The Integrity Of Gbajabiamila / Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly / Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.